The Rock advertised for two Smackdowns in January

Wrestling4Ever

Dark Match Winner
Saw on Pwtorch this morning

WWE part-time star "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson has picked up another Smackdown TV taping date in January.

The latest date is Jan. 22 in Sacramento, Calif. for the final TV taping leading into the Royal Rumble PPV, where Rock will challenge for the WWE Title.

The latest advertising for Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento reads: "The Rock has been added to the card... This WWE Smackdown guarantees to be an electrifying show as 'The Most Electrifying Man in Entertainment,' THE ROCK, will be in Sleep Train Arena LIVE! Here is your chance to witness 'The Great One' lay the smack down!"

In January, Rock is currently advertised for three Raw TV tapings, two Smackdown TV tapings, and one PPV (the Royal Rumble). Rock's February schedule currently includes the Elimination Chamber PPV and Raw the next night on Feb. 18.

January Rock Schedule

-- Jan. 7: Raw TV in Tampa, Fla.
-- Jan. 8: SD TV taping in Miami, Fla.

-- Jan. 14 & 15 in Texas: not advertised

-- Jan. 21: Raw TV in San Jose, Calif. (reported, but not yet official)
-- Jan. 22: SD TV in Sacramento, Calif.

-- Jan. 27: Royal Rumble PPV in Phoenix, Ariz.
-- Jan. 28: Raw TV in Las Vegas, Nev.
-- Not advertised for Jan. 29 SD TV taping

February Rock Schedule

-- Feb. 17: Elimination Chamber PPV in New Orleans, La.
-- Feb. 18: Raw TV in Lafayette, La. at the Cajundome.

Cajundome advertising reads: "After 11 long years, witness the return of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment when finally The Rock comes back to Lafayette!"

Honestly dont know why hes working two Smackdown shows but more Rock/Punk build the better.

It's about damn time the most electyfying man of all time, the People's Champion, the Brahma Bull, The Great One, the Jabroni-beating, pie-eating alalalalalala The Rock to make his epic return at the show, where it all started, the show, which he created 13 years ago, the People's Show... FINALLY The Rock has come back to layeth the Smacketh-down to all of their candy asses on Smackdown!

Sorry, I always wanted to say that. Onto the topic. That sounds just great if it's actually legit. Smackdown was always consideres to be The Rock's show. He should return to Smackdown. I'm actually really looking forward to his return to the blue show.
The atmosphere should be electryfying, considering the fact that those two Smackdowns take place, one in Miami and the other in California (Rock's actual hometown).

*NOTE: According to this, The Rock isn't scheduled to appear at the January 14th edition of RAW in Houston. I don't know how accurate is this beacause that's Raw's 20th Anniversary. It wouldn't make sense not to have The Rock appear on that show.

I'm surprised they didn't do this last year (too my knowledge anyways) The Rock made smackdown what it is as he was the big superstar on smackdown when it first started. this feud will only have 3 weeks or so to get going so I'm sure they wanted to make sure they got a good amount of promos in there to build up to the match at the rumble. I'm excited to see what its going to be like. One of the best talkers in the business today, going against one of the best talkers of all time. Also a rock and heyman confrontation would be quite entertaining as well

Over the past few weeks, there's been a bit more emphasis placed on SmackDown! as far as making it equal to Raw. Raw will always be the flagship show but we've seen the continuation of top stories play out on Raw & SD!. For instance, The Shield have made their presence felt on both shows instead of simply staying put on Raw.

If The Rock is coming back and wants to be WWE Champion, then having him pop the ratings of both Raw & SD! this year is a great idea in my view. The WWE has taken an impressive pounding from Monday Night Football this year and it looks like they're trying to start the new year off with massive amount of momentum. I'm fully in support of this. There's this sense of starting things off fresh, no matter what it is, when it comes to the start of a brand new year. With a big WWE Championship match to start off the first Raw of the year & The Rock making numerous appearances on both shows is an excellent way of doing it.

The Rock should ALWAYS be on SmackDown. All his appearances should be on that show, not on RAW. It was his show to begin with.

This is really good news. I highly doubt Vince made it a condition on whether or not he would work at all so it is good to see that The Rock is willing to put in the extra time and travel to provide me with more entertainment. I also was not aware of whether or not he would work the EC PPV. This confirms, if nothing else that he will be there if not wrestling. This number of dates should provide a strong build to the Rumble and help ratings. The fact that he is booked for EC makes me thing it is more likely he will walk out of the Rumble with the title. But unlike most people around here I think it is far from definite.

This is really good news. I highly doubt Vince made it a condition on whether or not he would work at all so it is good to see that The Rock is willing to put in the extra time and travel to provide me with more entertainment. I also was not aware of whether or not he would work the EC PPV. This confirms, if nothing else that he will be there if not wrestling. This number of dates should provide a strong build to the Rumble and help ratings. The fact that he is booked for EC makes me thing it is more likely he will walk out of the Rumble with the title. But unlike most people around here I think it is far from definite.
Indeed.

I found that this just gives the guy the chance to actually be around more this time. He's busy as crap outside of the WWE so he really doesnt have to do this at all. Its the first time where he actually isnt shooting any films during this time of the year, so hes using that time to give more to the WWE. This is probably why I already feel like Rock/Punk is going to be way more enjoyable than Rock/Cena. Even if I loved the latter feud.

That's great! Not only is it great to see Rocky back on his show live, but in general just the simple fact Vince and the WWE are making a conscious effort to get Smackdown hot again. I've said it on here before, but I remember there was time when there was such a crazy ending on Raw you couldn't wait the following Thursday to turn to UPN and see what happened on Smackdown. That's when the WWE really thrived because all aspects of the company was focused on. Not just one show or one PPV. Once they separated titles and the shows that's when things went downhill.

I hope they continue this trend, combing the shows and hopefully in my opinion the titles as well.

about time WWE got the npoint that they need to build a ppv to make people want to buy it. Ratings are rubbish, what better way to spike them than advertise The Rock being in attendance. Hell, be nice to see him have a match or two leading up to Rumble. Just keep him and Punk away from contacting each other.

I will be glad to see The Rock back on Smackdown. I think this time around will be better than the Cena/Rock build up, and it is good to see that they are going to give Smackdown some time to show The Rock too. Like other posters have mentioned, it seems Smackdown is getting more focus again with the continuation of storyline happening there to and not just on Raw. I was always surprised The Rock wasn't on Smackdown last year as it has always been The Rock's show. It will be good to see The Rock put some more time in this year, and I am really hoping for some great build heading into the Royal Rumble.

The Rock should ALWAYS be on SmackDown. All his appearances should be on that show, not on RAW. It was his show to begin with.

I'm guessing you missed Rocky's actual wrestling career.

Anyhow, yeah, anything that can boost Smackdown is a great idea. Smackdown is less important now than it has ever been. Will this keep people watching after Rock leaves? Probably not, but a decent showing here and there helps to keep it on the air, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back