The Sasha Banks situation

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
If you believe the reports, she supposedly threw a temper tantrum because they ask her to drop the belts at mania. Since then she went and did some questionable thing to either play the fans or just to piss off the company.

From what i've read over the years, it's not the first time she did this. Last year they had to scrap the whole bayley/sasha feud because she didn't want to turn heel. She a very passionate performer and sadly this will be her downfall. She been given every opportunities to shine and never found a way to take the ball and run with it. I'm sure others would love to be in the position she been in since being called up. They always found a spot for her on tv even if they didn't have a story for her and as been in pretty much every feature match in wwe. She been in the for front of the women's revolution alongside charlotte and becky but always found a way to bitch about not being happy with her position.

Either if either of this is true, then it's kinda of unfortunate. Not that i'm a fans of sasha because i can't stand her but as a wrestler, she's pretty good. Sometimes, i feel like the younger generation do take wrestling way to seriously and this leave for some attitude problem when something doesn't go they're way. Again, if any of this is true, this was unprofessional and it makes sense that she should take time off to cool off. It not only disrespected the company but also your co workers. So if after cooling down she still not happy with the company, just leave and stop bitching about your it, be somebody else's problem and leave your spot to somebody that will appreciate it like asuka or ruby riott.

It’s an unfortunate that she was upset about dropping the titles to the Icconics. Sasha and Bayley are both established and are over with fans and don’t need the titles. What a better to build a new tag team and continue the feud with Sasha and Bayley vs Icconics post Mania.
As for Sasha as you mentioned she’s always been used prominently even if she’s wasn't Champion or challenging for the title. They know she’s a good worker who is over who will put other women over and make them look good like Alexa or Charlotte. I’m sure they’re are plenty of women on the roster who would love to be in her spot.

If you believe the reports, she supposedly threw a temper tantrum because they ask her to drop the belts at mania. Since then she went and did some questionable thing to either play the fans or just to piss off the company.

From what i've read over the years, it's not the first time she did this. Last year they had to scrap the whole bayley/sasha feud because she didn't want to turn heel. She a very passionate performer and sadly this will be her downfall. She been given every opportunities to shine and never found a way to take the ball and run with it. I'm sure others would love to be in the position she been in since being called up. They always found a spot for her on tv even if they didn't have a story for her and as been in pretty much every feature match in wwe. She been in the for front of the women's revolution alongside charlotte and becky but always found a way to bitch about not being happy with her position.

Either if either of this is true, then it's kinda of unfortunate. Not that i'm a fans of sasha because i can't stand her but as a wrestler, she's pretty good. Sometimes, i feel like the younger generation do take wrestling way to seriously and this leave for some attitude problem when something doesn't go they're way. Again, if any of this is true, this was unprofessional and it makes sense that she should take time off to cool off. It not only disrespected the company but also your co workers. So if after cooling down she still not happy with the company, just leave and stop bitching about your it, be somebody else's problem and leave your spot to somebody that will appreciate it like asuka or ruby riott.

A few things about this.

With the Sasha-Bayley feud, I would have got around it by turning Bayley heel. I mean, everyone would be expecting Sasha to be the heel, but would be shocked if it was in fact Bayley who turned. It would be like how everyone was expecting Miz to turn on Shane McMahon, and Shane turned instead. I think it would give a new dimension to Bayley's character and make her more interesting.

Also, I hope people having a go at Sasha's "unprofessionalism" also were critical of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's lack of professionalism by walking out on WWE three times, once an hour before RAW, because he refused to job to Brock Lesnar, as well as other time, not wanting to fight Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania (which would have given both men a huge payday).

Also, I hope the same people weren't defenders of C.M. Punk or Bret "Hitman" Hart, two of the most ungrateful and whiny wrestlers on earth.

It’s an unfortunate that she was upset about dropping the titles to the Icconics. Sasha and Bayley are both established and are over with fans and don’t need the titles. What a better to build a new tag team and continue the feud with Sasha and Bayley vs Icconics post Mania.
As for Sasha as you mentioned she’s always been used prominently even if she’s wasn't Champion or challenging for the title. They know she’s a good worker who is over who will put other women over and make them look good like Alexa or Charlotte. I’m sure they’re are plenty of women on the roster who would love to be in her spot.

Lots of male competitors in the past have whined about dropping the belt. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart both refused to drop the belts to each other.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a storyline.

I mean, how can Sasha and Bayley NOT KNOW that the Iiconics would win the belts? Most times, the title holders are told what will go down, and deviation from the script only usually occurs when the ref stuffs up and has to go with the count anyway (like the finish of the WM main event).

Sasha and Bayley would have been told what is going down. Besides, didn't Bayley eat the pin, meaning that she could have kicked out, and "gone into business for herself".

I can't believe how the WWE have fooled you all, hook, line and sinker. This is a work, probably leading to Sasha and Bayley feuding with the Iiconics down the track, and their tantrum being mentioned on-air.

If Sasha was so upset and willing to quit, she doesn't look too upset holidaying with her family, as photos have shown.

At Wrestlemania, it showed Elias playing the drums, piano and guitar. One thing it didn't show him play was the fiddle. That is because Vince McMahon is playing the WWE Universe like a fiddle, if they buy these girls throwing a tantrum as real.

A few things about this.

With the Sasha-Bayley feud, I would have got around it by turning Bayley heel. I mean, everyone would be expecting Sasha to be the heel, but would be shocked if it was in fact Bayley who turned. It would be like how everyone was expecting Miz to turn on Shane McMahon, and Shane turned instead. I think it would give a new dimension to Bayley's character and make her more interesting.

Also, I hope people having a go at Sasha's "unprofessionalism" also were critical of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's lack of professionalism by walking out on WWE three times, once an hour before RAW, because he refused to job to Brock Lesnar, as well as other time, not wanting to fight Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania (which would have given both men a huge payday).

Also, I hope the same people weren't defenders of C.M. Punk or Bret "Hitman" Hart, two of the most ungrateful and whiny wrestlers on earth.

i can't speak for everyone else but i for was always critical of unprofessionalism in wrestling. Sure back in the HBK days, it was harder to take them to task about that because outside of a small group of peoples that bought the Dirt sheet, you really had no way of knowing what going on backstage and kinda of the same thing with austin back in the day because the internet was just starting to get popular and with so many website fabricating news, you really didn't know what was real and what was fabricated.

As far as Bret goes, i don't want to defend him or anything but i really got to see the whole picture to truly understand what happened. The guy was getting screw around by backstage politic for a while before getting forced out of the WWE in 97, He pretty much said back in the day that he was ready to do what was right to business and drop the belt to shamrock on the raw after survivor series. He had to deal with HBK unprofessionalism for a long time before he just snap and made a judgement call. He and WWE left on bad terms and the resentment was there for years before Bret finally hit rock bottom and had a stroke that change is perspective on life and WWE. So i don't see him as a ungrateful or whiny wrestler but more as somebody that did hold a grudge for a long time for something the company did to him.

Punk, that'S another story but he's pretty much his who he his and now karma is taking care of him.

In the end, Stuff like this happens in wrestling, it's how you deal with it that determine if fans will support you or not. After a while, fans will forget about it and move on. Like the Austin stuff, sure back in the day, we took him to task about it. The guy took his ball and went home because at the time he thought he was losing his spot as the top guy and thought that a lesnar match should be a PPV match not a throwaway match on raw. So he left and that was the wrong move, he pretty much admitted it years later and that's why it's easier to forgive him for that because he knows that it was the wrong move. As far as the Hogan stuff was concern, i don't konw where you got that because from my understanding, this was never suppose to happen. But i might be wrong on this.

Sorry for the long reply, but the point is, that right now, we are going on speculation about the whole sasha banks thing, if the whole thing is true and decide to do like austin did and take her ball home then she deserve to be taken to task about it. But at the same time, it's how she will deal with this later on that will determine what kind of person she is.

i can't speak for everyone else but i for was always critical of unprofessionalism in wrestling. Sure back in the HBK days, it was harder to take them to task about that because outside of a small group of peoples that bought the Dirt sheet, you really had no way of knowing what going on backstage and kinda of the same thing with austin back in the day because the internet was just starting to get popular and with so many website fabricating news, you really didn't know what was real and what was fabricated.

As far as Bret goes, i don't want to defend him or anything but i really got to see the whole picture to truly understand what happened. The guy was getting screw around by backstage politic for a while before getting forced out of the WWE in 97, He pretty much said back in the day that he was ready to do what was right to business and drop the belt to shamrock on the raw after survivor series. He had to deal with HBK unprofessionalism for a long time before he just snap and made a judgement call. He and WWE left on bad terms and the resentment was there for years before Bret finally hit rock bottom and had a stroke that change is perspective on life and WWE. So i don't see him as a ungrateful or whiny wrestler but more as somebody that did hold a grudge for a long time for something the company did to him.

Punk, that'S another story but he's pretty much his who he his and now karma is taking care of him.

In the end, Stuff like this happens in wrestling, it's how you deal with it that determine if fans will support you or not. After a while, fans will forget about it and move on. Like the Austin stuff, sure back in the day, we took him to task about it. The guy took his ball and went home because at the time he thought he was losing his spot as the top guy and thought that a lesnar match should be a PPV match not a throwaway match on raw. So he left and that was the wrong move, he pretty much admitted it years later and that's why it's easier to forgive him for that because he knows that it was the wrong move. As far as the Hogan stuff was concern, i don't konw where you got that because from my understanding, this was never suppose to happen. But i might be wrong on this.

Sorry for the long reply, but the point is, that right now, we are going on speculation about the whole sasha banks thing, if the whole thing is true and decide to do like austin did and take her ball home then she deserve to be taken to task about it. But at the same time, it's how she will deal with this later on that will determine what kind of person she is.

Austin was originally meant to fight "Hollywood" Hogan at WMX8, but because he thought that Hogan would hog his spotlight, and because alleged based on how Hogan treated Austin's off-screen friend, Bret Hart, in WCW, Austin refused to fight him.

So he got Scott Hall instead, but then complained that he wasn't getting a high-profile match at WM8 (after turning down the high-profile match with Hogan) refused to put Hall over, and yet after he got his own way twice, and they met Austin's demands twice at WM (not having him fight Hogan, and not losing to Scott Hall), he still walked out, until he was talked around. He was a real Diva in his day, more so than Sasha.

There was a plan to have "Stone Cold" vs Hulk Hogan at WMXIX as well, with an angle where Austin would lose a match because Hogan accidentally costs him the match, then the next week, Austin costs Hogan a match, which was supposed to lead to WMXIX, but then Austin walked out and only would come back if he got the Rock again at WMXIX, and not Hogan.

It's unfortunate but they really have gave her a raw deal over the last few years. Every time she's had the Women's Title she's dropped it at her first title defense??? I realize she's not Charlotte but the way the company sometimes allows a few (Charlotte & Rousey) to stay at such a higher plateau then the rest of the roster only brings down the quality. Look at Mania 35 even with Becky as hot as she was she couldn't have Flair or Rousey tap out to give her that ultimate Mania moment? C'mon??? Just ive Sasha some time off to regroup move her to Smackdown Live and give her a solid singles run again. Would love to see Summerslam have Lynch vs. Flair for the Raw Women's Title and Asuka vs. Banks for the Smackdown Women's Title.

Reports say that Sasha felt blindsided? Odds are WWE promised her and Bayley a huge run with the Tag titles, but they broke it last minute.Then to have the Iiconics come out of nowhere and say "Bayley and Sasha are scared of them" and they literally beat them twice. At Wrestlemania of all places where the Title changed hands at the last minute. Does Vince not know what a face is supposed to look like? every time the heel says "i'm better" no they're not supposed to be better and win

NONE of them were getting tag titles if it weren’t for Sasha and Bayley. Multiple wrestlers reported Sasha and Bayley had to beg Vince for a year straight for those titles to debut and he finally said yes. A year long worth of lobbying for them, and now nothing.Those titles needed credibility not be seen as Gimmicky;

Sasha has no problem with the Iiconics, Vince having her and Bayley drop the belts. I doubt Sasha has a problem with them, it's likely the one that promised her and Bayley a long reign after knocking on his door for a year. Someone within the WWE gave them that impressive, someone in WWE made that promise to them only to break it.

WWE shouldn't have made Sasha and Bayley make that big speech in front of the WWE Universe, of being fighting champions. They will defend the titles anywhere from Raw, SD, NXT, NXT UK, they even wanted to face Trish and Lita. WWE more likely Vince, BROKE his promise to them, since Sasha unfollowed Vince.

The reason Sasha doesn't look too upset holidaying with her family is that she's away from the MADNESS, away from all that CRAZINESS that Vince Mcmahon brings, Vince is NUTS, he drove all his Wrestlers and Staff crazy during Wrestlemania. Her holidaying is suppose to cool Sasha off, WWE likely paid for the Luxurious vacation.

Bret had every reason REFUSE to drop the World Title to Shawn, Shawn was a known dick to Bret Hart, did everything in his power to make Bret's life a living Hell. Lets not pretend if your enemy, is making your life a living hell you would be joyful to drop the title to them.

Lots of male competitors in the past have whined about dropping the belt. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart both refused to drop the belts to each other.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a storyline.

I mean, how can Sasha and Bayley NOT KNOW that the Iiconics would win the belts? Most times, the title holders are told what will go down, and deviation from the script only usually occurs when the ref stuffs up and has to go with the count anyway (like the finish of the WM main event).

Sasha and Bayley would have been told what is going down. Besides, didn't Bayley eat the pin, meaning that she could have kicked out, and "gone into business for herself".

I can't believe how the WWE have fooled you all, hook, line and sinker. This is a work, probably leading to Sasha and Bayley feuding with the Iiconics down the track, and their tantrum being mentioned on-air.

If Sasha was so upset and willing to quit, she doesn't look too upset holidaying with her family, as photos have shown.

=======================================
Reports say that Sasha felt blindsided? Odds are WWE promised her and Bayley a huge run with the Tag titles, but they broke it last minute.Then to have the Iiconics come out of nowhere and say "Bayley and Sasha are scared of them" and they literally beat them twice. At Wrestlemania of all places where the Title changed hands at the last minute. Does Vince not know what a face is supposed to look like? every time the heel says "i'm better" no they're not supposed to be better and win

NONE of them were getting tag titles if it weren’t for Sasha and Bayley. Multiple wrestlers reported Sasha and Bayley had to beg Vince for a year straight for those titles to debut and he finally said yes. A year long worth of lobbying for them, and now nothing.Those titles needed credibility not be seen as Gimmicky;

Sasha has no problem with the Iiconics, Vince having her and Bayley drop the belts. I doubt Sasha has a problem with them, it's likely the one that promised her and Bayley a long reign after knocking on his door for a year. Someone within the WWE gave them that impressive, someone in WWE made that promise to them only to break it.

WWE shouldn't have made Sasha and Bayley make that big speech in front of the WWE Universe, of being fighting champions. They will defend the titles anywhere from Raw, SD, NXT, NXT UK, they even wanted to face Trish and Lita. WWE more likely Vince, BROKE his promise to them, since Sasha unfollowed Vince.

The reason Sasha doesn't look too upset holidaying with her family is that she's away from the MADNESS, away from all that CRAZINESS that Vince Mcmahon brings, Vince is NUTS, he drove all his Wrestlers and Staff crazy during Wrestlemania. Her holidaying is suppose to cool Sasha off, WWE likely paid for the Luxurious vacation.

Bret had every reason REFUSE to drop the World Title to Shawn, Shawn was a known dick to Bret Hart, did everything in his power to make Bret's life a living Hell. Lets not pretend if your enemy, is making your life a living hell you would be joyful to drop the title to them.

Austin was originally meant to fight "Hollywood" Hogan at WMX8, but because he thought that Hogan would hog his spotlight, and because alleged based on how Hogan treated Austin's off-screen friend, Bret Hart, in WCW, Austin refused to fight him.

So he got Scott Hall instead, but then complained that he wasn't getting a high-profile match at WM8 (after turning down the high-profile match with Hogan) refused to put Hall over, and yet after he got his own way twice, and they met Austin's demands twice at WM (not having him fight Hogan, and not losing to Scott Hall), he still walked out, until he was talked around. He was a real Diva in his day, more so than Sasha.

There was a plan to have "Stone Cold" vs Hulk Hogan at WMXIX as well, with an angle where Austin would lose a match because Hogan accidentally costs him the match, then the next week, Austin costs Hogan a match, which was supposed to lead to WMXIX, but then Austin walked out and only would come back if he got the Rock again at WMXIX, and not Hogan.

If you believe bruce prichard and other that worked with the company at the time, the mania X8 match was always suppose to be hogan vs rock and they never even thought about doing austin vs hogan on that show. Also i don't know where you got your info's on austin vs hogan at mania 19 because again austin knew he was on the verge of retirement when he came back from his walkout and the plan was always rock vs austin 3 and mcmahon vs hogan for that show. Has far as i know, austin never decline a match with hogan because that match was never suggested to him unless you got better info then me about this situation.

Whilst I don’t condone petulance, you have to say, Sasha Banks (and to a lesser extent, Bayley) have been treated pretty shabbily since debuting on the main roster.

You might think that four women’s title reigns and being the first women’s tag champion of the modern era isn’t being treated shabbily, but you need to remember that Sasha won her singles titles on Raw and each time I believe lost in her very first defence, usually on ppv, mainly to Charlotte Reigns, sorry, Flair.

Remember also that, when the Four Horsewomen got called up, it was Sasha who was getting the biggest face pop of any woman on the roster, yet WWE constantly chose Flair over her (was it 18 consecutive ppv wins? Not even the supposedly ‘pushed down everyone’s throats’ Roman Reigns or John Cena received that push. Fans were crying out to support Sasha when WWE decided, for whatever reason, that she was not who they were going to go with. But had they pulled the trigger, Sasha could easily have been receiving the reactions Becky Lynch does today, but two years earlier.

Sasha might have been superseded in the ring, talent-wise, by others; however when she was in NXT (where wrestlers are allowed to actually wrestle on a consistent basis) she was regarded as the best female in the roster, hence why she was so popular on her initial call-up. Indeed, talent-wise, Charlotte was regarded by many as the LEAST talented in-ring worker of the four back in developmental. So I can totally understand Sasha’s frustration with the company over the last couple of years.

Sasha Banks would be a big loss for WWE in my opinion. I would like them to maybe send her on a UK tour for a few weeks, allow her to wrestle a couple of times on NXT UK then challenge the NXT UK women’s champion, before heading back to the States. Hopefully t would give her some time away without actually being away, but she can find her groove again and get herself back into a position she should never really have been relegated from IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back