The WZ Sitcoms Tournament

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So, today's the 17th. Here's what I plan on doing for the WZ Sitcoms Tournament:

Tonight: All first-round match-ups in the 80's region start.
Tomorrow: All first-round match-ups in the 90's region start.
Saturday (19 December): All first-round match-ups in the 00's region start.

All match-ups are open for four days, and these will take us into the 23rd. We'll have a two day break for Christmas, then we'll do second-round match-ups, which will all last for four days. Then, we'll take another two-day break for New Year's Eve and Day before starting the third round on 2 January 2010.

Dad's Army was the greatest show ever. I was ready to fight tooth and nail for it.

Oh well...

This has been a great tourney. I'm probably going to get more involved in the 80s, 90s, and later rounds of the 70s. When Happy Days and The Jeffersons meet, I will go bat shit crazy for campaigning The Jeffersons

Talk to IC about that one...I don't know if we're doing any more match-ups in the 50's/60's region.

Due to the smaller number of sitcoms in the 50's / 60's region, something like 10 of them got first round byes. I'll post the ones that got byes soon. If you notice, "I Love Lucy" wasn't featured, because they got a bye. It's possible your Dad's Army show was one of the shows randomly selected for a bye.

PBS is having a documentary on sitcoms, might watch it to learn of these old ones.

It part of the Pioneers of Television but they focused on Sitcoms. It wasn't as diverse as I thought it would be so it isn't a must see.

Mr Flibble says vote for Red Dwarf!

mrflibble.jpg

Or he will fry you with his Hex vision!

The 00's region will be up tonight, after I do some shoveling outside. Also, if you have PMed me about why a particular show wasn't selected, here's the answer: it got fewer votes than other shows in its region, or people placed it in the wrong decade/region.

Unfortunately, we worked this tournament out from the bottom-up. We probably should have done it the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back