The X Factor - American style

jacdnwarrior

Championship Contender
I know people claim to be tired of reality shows, but the truth is, we still watch. With the introduction of American Idol, people here in the US were introduced to one of (if not the) greatest televised singing contest in history. Now after a number of years in Britain, X Factor has been brought to USA by Simon Cowell who was an original host of American Idol.

After watching Susan Boyle audition for X Factor UK, go viral, I have to be honest I was a little interested in checking out the US version. For those who may not be aware, performers all come out for the opportunity to perform as a solo, duo or group as either singers and rap artists. The performers can be 12 years of age and older. The winner will receive a $5 million recording contract as well as a Superbowl ad for Pepsi. Each hopeful perform in front of four judges, Simon Cowell, LA Reid, Paula Abdul, Nicole Sherzinger and Cheryl Cole filled in temporarily before Nicole took over. To move to the next round, 3 votes of yes are needed. I watched every shows and saw the auditions and had my favourites, and least favourites. I watched as they narrowed the field down from thousands to hundreds and then to 32. After that the 32 remaining went to the Judges' homes to perform. They were separated into four groups.

Simon would mentor the Female performers (Girls)
LA would mentor the Male performers (Boys)
Paula Abdul would mentor the Groups (Groups)
and Nicole would mentor the Older Performers (Over 30s)

Each judge would choose their final 4. Simon was unable to narrow it down to 4 and chose 5. What happens with that is any one's guess.

I just wanted to ask:

1) Have you seen the show ?
2) IF so what do you think of the show ?
3) If you've seen the show, who do you think has the best shot of winning it
all ?
4) Do you think this show will be as successful as American Idol ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back