Third Round - Chicago: Pure Rules Match - Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Mick Foley

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Jushin Thunder Liger

• Mick Foley

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a Third Round match in the Chicago Region.

Rules: This is ROH's contribution to wrestling. It's similar to catch as catch can but not quite. There are three main rules. First, you have 20 counts rather than 10. Second, you have three rope breaks. If these are used, the ropes cannot get you out of a pin or submission. Finally, there are no punches to the face. If a punch connects, the wrestler receives a warning. If a second is thrown, a rope break is taken away. If there are no rope breaks left, it is a disqualification.

aerial.jpg

Jushin Thunder Liger

Justin_Thunder_Liger.jpg

Vs.

Mick Foley

item-2397.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Bad gimmick draw for Foley. In the ring, Liger's one of the most talented individuals to have ever competed. Foley's made tons of contributions to professional wrestling, but hardly any of them revolve around professional wrestling in its most conventional sense.

Better luck next year, Cactus Jack.

Yea... I don't even have to go on a rant on how awful Mick Foley is as an in-ring wrestler in this thread. Finally. Liger is one of the best wrestlers you'll ever see and in a Pure Wrestling match, Liger may not even break a sweat with Foley. Foley on the other hand will sweat and sweat a lot.

Liger in a romp

Mick Foley has had a number of non-gimmick/hardcore matches in which he was able to show that he is capable of having excellent singles matches without having to resort to using weapons. Alot more than most people remember or give him credit for.

That being said, there is no way that Foley can out wrestle Liger in a pure wrestling match.

It's unfortunate that Foley ended up with this stipulation against this wrestler, if it was another stipulation or opponent, he might of had a better chance at being successful.

Tough draw for Foley, but I have to say that's the one of the stupidest gimmick matches I've ever heard of that didn't involve something on a pole. Both in this gimmick and historically speaking, I think Liger outdoes Foley Liger FTW.

This is Liger's match pretty cleanly, Foley is a brawler, he relies on being able to hit his opponent with a fist to the face, and while he's allowed to do it a few times, it's not enough to put down Liger, who has a pretty clean advantage in this one.

Have to go with Liger, it wouldn't make sense for Foley to win this one.

Liger should destroy Foley here.

Foley is questionable in a match with rules, and there is no match more pure and geared towards true wrestling than this one. Therefore, Foley is at a severe disadvantage.

Liger is a superior in-ring wrestler. More rules will just enhance his game.

This is Liger's match.

This sucks ass because I don’t want to vote for Liger at all. This is a stupid ass gimmick for a match in this tournament…but whatever.

Liger in a “Pure” squash. Foley will probably lose by disqualification before he gets pinned though. I wish this wasn’t the way Foley went out. He deserved a better draw than this. Oh well….on to the next one!

I think it's all pretty much been said already. Mick Foley is completely out of his element in this match. Foley is a hardcore legend and he thrives in a hardcore environment. However, in a Pure Rules Match against someone the likes of Jusin Thunder Liger, he may as well be wrestling with both hands tied behind his back.

I love Mick Foley, he's almost always managed to keep me entertained but, let's be honest, the man's a pretty awful in-ring wrestler. In a hardcore match, the man's a god but he's about as helpless as a newborn babe in this sort of setting against someone like Liger.

Foley eats a loss here. The punches to the face rule would eat him alive.Entertaining wrestler and all but not a pure wrestler. Foley would probally lose this gimmick match to pretty much anyone in the tournament. And as an above poster stated, giving Mick more rules would dent his chances further. Liger advances.

The stipulation has totally removed any of the intrigue in this match, which is unfortunate. Foley is never going to be able to outwrestle anyone, much less a man of the talent of Jushin Liger, and I think this is as much of a foregone conclusion as they come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back