This is Hannibal documentary

TheBottomLine

IC Champion
Recently I watched the documentary "This is Hannibal" on YouTube. It's a crushing story about a guy called Devon Nicholson. As a kid he was, probably like all of us, a wrestling fanatic. All he wanted to do growing up was wrestle with WWE.

Growing up he became an excellent amateur wrestler, winning high school championships and earning a gold medal at the 2001 Junior National Championships in Ontario. As he was so successful, he was offered various scholarships but he turned them all away to pursue his dreams with the WWE.

He roughed it out on the Indy scene for a couple of years when he finally got his big break. He was offered the chance to join WWE. However, WWE had to rescind the offer after finding out he had Hepatitis C. Devon himself was not aware he had the disease, and after back tracking through all the times he was cut, it brought him to Abdullah the Butcher. Abdullah cut himself with the blade, before then using the same blade to cut Hannibal(Devon).

It has been a while since I seen it but if I remember correctly Devon was going through various procedures to help him rid the disease. He lost a lot over this disease, because of Abdullah, who he is bringing to court I believe/or has brought to court. He lost girlfriends, money even a WWE contract over this!

I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are on this, have you heard of or seen the documentary? Thoughts on Abdullah the Butcher?Let me know!

[Youtube]ScOBVacb-lc[/Youtube]

This was the last update that he's been cured of the disease. As far as I know he's still going through the legal proceeding.

I remember reading about this back when all of it first happened. I don't remember if Abdullah knew he had the disease or not but if he did then it's shitty that he went out and put other people at risk.

He pretty much fucked up this guy's life and even if they settle on some sort of money that doesn't change anything.

Devon did recently say on a podcast that he plans to get back into wrestling so hopefully he can still have some sort of decent career somewhere. He's only 31 so he could still have a few good years in him.

From what I recall, Devon isn't the first to call Abdullah out over the hep C. I think that's how he came to the conclusion when he back tracked over his matches. They actually found the footage of Abdullah using the blade on Devon.

It's kind of a pity, WWE were apparently very keen on him, he was a standout performer on most of the shows he had worked. To get the news that WWE want to sign you, only to have the rug pulled from under his feet finding out he had Hep C is so cruel! Although it is good to hear he's in the all clear and making a possible comeback.

You have to feel bad for Nicholson for getting Hep C, and hopefully what he's saying now is true and that he has been cured...

but at the same time, the guy is such a carny that I have a hard time taking anything he says at face value.

- how can he say definitively that he contracted Hep C from Abby? Bear in mind that Nicholson is a guy that's worked plenty of bloodbaths over his career... especially down in the WWC. It's not like Abby was the only guy he ever got color with
- he didn't expect to get color when he fought Abby? Bullshit. He always knew what to expect with Abby. Everyone does. Also if he was so bothered by it, why did he continue working with Abby several other times?
- he sued the WWE for $6 million because they rescinded their contract offer? That was such an obvious just hoping to get paid to go away lawsuit it was laughable. I'm not even sure how he justifies that amount, since he was more likely to get future endeavored than actually make it big. Don't read too much into his statements about how they thought he was the best or anything. Notice how he's the one saying all that?
- in his various promotions, he's shown he loves working blurred line shoot angles. Such as the one where he was supposed to 'lose' to Tommy Dreamer, only to 'shoot' on him to win (later revealed to be a work between Dreamer and Nicholson). Or the 'shoot fight' between him and Lanny Poffo in the dressing room last year, which again was revealed to be a work

I don't know... I just find the guy incredibly untrustworthy and that everything he does is a work... especially that documentary. As far as the claims that he got it from Abby... I do find it very telling that no one else has come forward to say that they also got Hep C from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back