TM House 3

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Live from the Bar Room Studios in lovely WrestleZone, Welcome to the third edition of TM House. Now here is your lovely host, TM!

p286008-Leith-Trinity_House_in_Leith.jpg

Welcome everyone in our Bar Room studios to something very special here. This is going to be the biggest episode of TM House ever.

We have a very important guest for you all tonight, you may know him as the WrestleZone God. I bring to you from the depth of the Board Room, the Irishest, the Canadianest, IrishCanadian25!

Thank you for appearing on TM House IC25!

Pleasure to be here, thank you for having me. And allow me to say, the catering table was not too shabby either. NorCal crashed the party, though, and we went through the coldcuts pretty fast.

NorCal does that from time to time. We had to set Luther up with his own selection of treats. You have been in charge of the WrestleZone Forums for some time now, what do you like most about being behind the steering wheel of the WrestleZone Forums?

I've always enjoyed being able to mentor and develop new posters and moderators, and to be a part of creating something special. I think we have that here.

What do you feel is the biggest change you have implicated to the forums?

Lots of little ones. I brought a lot of experience in business and HR to the team, and we have a very open line of communication with Crave Online and Chris Cash. We both want to see this forum taken to the next level, so opening up that relationship has been my first undertaking. The biggest change people see is that I try to be very accepting of the newer members, and implementing a "kinder, gentler" WZ. More warnings and less infractions so we don't lose new people before they start. Stuff like that.

Hmm, that really seems like a good idea to bring in new posters here. There has been a lot of talk about how new users do not fit in. With all this, there should be little reason to say so. Why did you feel that those changes were needed?

Well, Jake and Jonny did a remarkable job transforming these forums into what they are today. They created a culture of quality - where spam and flaming wasn't tolerated, and things operated more efficiently. When Jonny stepped down, and eventually Jake moved on, it put me and Shocky into a great situation - things were fixed. We didn't inherit a mess, we inherited a strong project with terrific potential, so we decided to expand it. The anti-spam culture was in place, so we loosened it a touch to bring in more people and felt the best course was to try to expand the product.

Will these be leading to more changes? Will it be something drastic or just small improvements?

For now, just small steps, but the hope is that it will lead to a forum with 2-4 times as may active members, posts, and traffic as it has now. The baby steps are to emphasize how complete our forum is - wrestling, non-wrestling. You can come here with "bring a wrestling fan" as something you have in common with anyone, but then find a niche with MMA, Music, Movies, or anything really. I think it will be a series of small steps that will lead to bigger things.

So you are saying that you want to be addressing the potential posters that enjoy more than wrestling? I just have to say I would love to see more people posting in the Non-Wrestling Sections myself. IC, you seem to be a staff member that almost everyone likes, and you seem to like most posters. Some may question if this is a good thing. As you may recall, at one time there was a thread about how the Forums may have become to mushy. Who do you hate?

I've gotten that criticism for a while, and I take it as a compliment. I don't think it's a bad thing that the forums are run by people who respect each other and the posters. I don't think it's a bad thing that people dole out the feel goods occasionally and are a little more positive. If people think people are "too nice" or "mushy," I don't understand how that is bad. And it may just be maturity. If you look at it, some of the posters who were banned long ago for their attitudes or transgressions were given 2nd chances, and have worked out fine.

I want a real answer here, and I know the viewers do too. You have the power, take it out on that poster.

I don't understand the question.

Wasn’t a question, but I’ll take that as an “I hate everyone a lot”. Now here is the question. You had to ban everyone on this forum. Choose the only person who you would keep. The only person who would be here to debate with you for the rest of your days. Who would it be?

Oh, wow. Well first of all, if I only had one other person on here, it wouldn't be worth it for me to stay either. The best thing about these forums are the different ideas and clashing personalities coming together to debate. But in the spirit of the question, if I had to pick one person to debate with and that's all? Probably Shocky. Guy absolutely knows his shit, and his debating style is similar to mine - research, present organized ideas, try to respect the other's viewpoint.

That is probably why he got an admin spot, eh IC? Anyways, on the first TM House, we had a lovely guest. You may know here as Eternal Dragon, the TM House Producer. She has more posts than you doesn’t she?

Absolutely. She's a legend. In addition, I sometimes forget how young she is, because she is so mature.

Well here is what she said about one of your “great” ideas: “It’s because the whole thing is stupid. No offense. I take that back. Offense meant.” That is talking about WWE Universe and its invasion. Failed Idea was it not? Where are the roves of former WWE Universe posters?

I can understand that. But it was fun, and people remember it. It got people fired up, and it ignited a sense of pride on the forums. The Bar Room was packed with people checking the invasion angle out. And it didn't fail because it was stupid, at least I don't think. I didn't follow through with it. It was fun, and then it ended. Maybe it'll happen again in the future.

IC. Canada or Ireland, can you choose one?

Both beautiful, but give me the Emerald Isle.

Hmm, taste is now questioned by myself and the TM House viewers. But anyways, now that we got the awkward questions out of the way, how is your brother?

That pompous bastard. Hope he rots.

That was a great feud between you two. OCW has done well, the highest post count of any thread I do believe in WrestleZone History. I’d like to give a special congratulation to Klunderbunker for his success and hard work. He is now a Global Moderator, meaning he is away from the Bar Room. What do you want from the bar room now if he isn’t the centerpiece?

You know what, I don't really look at the Bar Room and say I "want" anything from it. That forum is where the people here on WZ become a small culture, like a family or a town. It serves its purpose, often times it keeps people on. I've made loads of friends on these forums, and the Bar Room does that for people. I just look for new posters to make a name for themselves, but I caution people from spending all of their time there.

IC, you mark the 3rd guest in seven that have reigned from New Jersey. Are you proud of the New Jersey Connection?

Absolutely. I am proud of my Irish Canadian heritage, mind you, but NJ has been my home for my entire life. It's a pro wrestling hot bed. Crowds are always hot at shows, and people out here really know their shit. I love it.

Why do you think so many regulars do come from a relatively small state?

Well, NJ has a huge population of wrestling fans, and is a very tech savvy state. It also bears mentioning that NJ is the most densely populated state in the US, so while it may be small in square footage, it's got a bigger population than many states 2 or 3 times its size.

Besides been the Admin here, what do you like to do now a days in the Garden State?

The New Jersey Devils. And the close proximity to New York City as well as the shore and upstate NY.

You were given the chance to meet another poster before, weren’t you? What was it like meeting NorCal?

A little weird at first. I'd never done the "meet someone on the internet" thing before. But it was cool. He was a real gentleman, and now we try to make an event to co-attend each year. Shocky and a few others may even attend one someday.

Next for Admin. NorCal seems like a possibility. Sam has been here for a while. Could it be one of KB or Sly? Or will it finally be that Luther character we have all been hearing about? Does he have a chance? And remember, he is the other guest on the show.

You know, I bet LOADS of people wonder this, but you're the first to ask. I have 3 people I keep in the back of my mind, just in case. Sly has the technical knowledge. Sam is a terrific leader and veteran. And Luther is as dedicated as I've seen, and all three are very fair and even.

Do you see a hierarchy on the Forum? Recently there has been talk that there is a powerful alliance of You, Shocky, KB, Becca, NorCal, and Sam being able to control a lot of the forum.

One thing I learned in an HR class in college was the different types of "leadership and power." I think people feel that way about myself, Shocky, KB, NorCal, Sam, HBK-aholic, etc. because of respect. We all earned where we are through consistency and maturity. And we work together, so yes, we are often united. But you'd be hard pressed to find the last time any of us banned a regular or de-modded somebody against their wishes. NorCal, HBK-aholic, KB, and I have become friendly as a result of our work on these forums. Sam and Jake get along well. Etc. You gravitate to people you work well with or have something in common with.

I was listening to HBK's shoot interview on WZ.com earlier, and I watched the one about "The Kliq" and backstage power. And I feel how Shawn felt. We don't hold anyone down or try to accumulate power, we just eat, sleep, and breathe what we do. I am on the forums while at work and on weekends. I check in via Blackberry on vacation. That's dedication, and that's why we are where we are.

Well say hello to the Fiancée, and by the way, have a day?

Becky returns the well wishes. Our wedding date is October 11th, 2009. Coming up fast. Pics will be posted. Honeymoon looks like Barbados. Thanks for having me!

Good luck with that and I hope that you keep up the hard work! We also hope to have you back on the show one day!

Next out we have a man that our former guest knows very well. He stole this man’s job! Lets bring out, from Hull, Luther!

Welcome to the show Luther, the People’s Mod!

It's good to be here on this wonderful show.

Luther, you have been here for a long time, what is your favourite moment on the forum?

There's so many to choose from, I guess on a personal note it would have to be becoming a mod back in January '07, those were great days, I'm not going to lie, my appointment wasn't greatly received by the WZ people, Jake especially, but I feel in the two years after that I've done more than enough to prove them wrong.

As far as the forums as a whole go, it's definitely Jonny resigning as admin, not in a “I hated Jonny, that guy was a douche” way but I felt that it was truly the end of an era here at WZ, it'd almost be like Vince retiring from WWE, it was great to see him get the recognition he deserved. Then a new era started with IC and Shocky, well, Shocky a few months later, but you get my point it was a momentous occasion in WZ history.

Where did the rivalry come from between you, and former mod: AJ?

I can't remember exactly when, I do remember having a long, long dispute over a stickied thread in the sports forum, it kind of escalated from there I think. Oh, and I was upset with the way he handled posters the night the Benoit tragedy occurred.

Now that you are the new Peoples’ Mod, how are you going to distinguish yourself from the former?

Little known fact here, I called myself the People's Mod when I first got the job, and I think I've stuck to that. A.J. Wasn't a people's mod in the sense he looked after the people, he simply moderated, looked for alt accounts etc, which is great. I've always made a point of looking after the regular posters and making it a better forum for everyone, from the guys at the top with 3000 posts, to the guy who just signed up 5 minutes ago, I'm a believer in treating everybody the same and making it a fun, interesting place for people to talk about wrestling. So, yeah, that's the difference between me and AJ, when I say I'm the people's mod, I mean it.

That looks like a great accomplishment, really goes with IC’s plan. On to some personal questions. You are set to leave Hull, how will you cope?

I can't wait to be honest, Hull's a great place and it will always be my home, but I'm looking forward to living in a new place such as Sheffield for the next three years, and I won't be leaving permanently I'll still be traveling back to Hull the odd weekend to visit friends and watch Hull City play at the KC, hopefully still in the Premiership!

How was your St. Patrick’s Day this year?

The same as any other day! I didn't end up going out I stayed home and watched Hull on the TV, which we unfortunately lost. Anyway, I'm not Irish and I don't like Guinness. Rest assured I'll be drinking a pint of Abbott come St. George's Day.

Sound’s like a big event in Britain, would love to know more about it. Moving on, are there any lasses for Luther?

Ahh, not at the moment, my last real relationship ended about six months ago, I did get caught in bed with my mate's bird last month though. Terribly embarrassing when he walked in, however nothing happened and all is forgiven because I was drunk and wearing a shower curtain and a hunting hat at the time. Don't ask what happened to get me in that position, because I couldn't tell you.

Luther, you are known by many as the fun mod, with the heart and the spirit as a youngster. What fun ideas are you toying with next?

Haha, I have a few ideas for something “fun” in the future, I've toned down recently on my “power abuse” as people like to call it, I have a great idea for that, but I'm keeping it a secret.

Let’s do some name association

Simon…
Fuller. Bad start.

Sam…
One of my best ideas when I recommended him as a mod. Good poster, good mod, never in a drama situation.

Jake…
Good poster. Shit admin.

Will…
Good poster.

Rusty…
Bitches, but I like that.
IC…
Top bloke.

Chris…
Cash? Better admin than people give him credit, he shows up a lot more than others.

NSL…
I don't agree with him on the spam rules. I also don't agree with the way he went about disagreeing.

TM…
Good for nothing spammer.

Well we wont go any further with that, however I will ask you… where is JPFizzle?

I think he said he started university last year, so its very possible that he has indeed got a real life. He still comes by here now and again and every time he makes an appearance it's a lot more special. He's like the Hulk Hogan of WZ.

A recent poster has applied to be your protégé. He is high risk and current exiled to Dallas, Texas with you girl. We know him as Deadman. Did you accept?

Aye.

Why/Not?

I think it will be funny to be honest. I can't see him lasting another week.

Poor guy, it seems he will never accomplish goals like yourself. Speaking of your legacy, who has the better legacy? You, a mod of over two years, Ricky, an original of the WrestleZone forums, or Will, the person who started a Dynasty?

I'd like to think me, that's not being arrogant, it's just that I've been on the staff for over two years now and down in that deep, dark Board Room that no one sees I've made a hell of a contribution to how this place has been run over the years, I'd like to think that in a few years a new mod is flicking through old threads and thinking “who was this Luther guy? He's done a lot in here”.

That said, when do you ever think you will retire as a staff member?

I don't see it for a long time to come, I love being a mod and contributing to the forum and I'd like to continue for as long as I'm wanted here. Plus, I've still got that admin spot to get.

I didn’t even have to ask IC this question, but as for you, who do you plan to push in the WZ tournament?

There's only one man I could possibly see myself backing in this tournament and its Edge, from watching wrestling as a child I've been in awe of this guy and even as a mid-carder whilst The Rock, Austin and Goldberg were around Edge was still my favourite wrestler, it was great to come back to wrestling some five years later and see him in the main event. So Edge without a doubt.

I will also back Edge until he meets someone I like a lot more. Let’s hope everyone participates in it. Shock has done a lot of work for it! Thanks for being on the show Luther. We hope you enjoy the last segment of the show
Thanks for having me on.

Well I just had word from ED on the mic that our talent portion for tonight has to unfortunately be canceled due to the talent “Rusty” getting his foot caught in his mouth. Here is a clip of him backstage

(*)[10#]†.Russo.†[#10](*) says:
Looks like I AM right, TM only posts on WZ to become a mod
(*)[10#]†.Russo.†[#10](*) says:
Its true, its DAMN true

Well that looks painful. Just goes to show to get tested for MSN works.

So because our talent wasn’t here for today, like David Lettermen, I hired U2 to do a show here.

Here you go!

[youtube]JFWPeVfWB9o[/youtube]

Thank you all for coming into the third episode of TM House. I hope you come back for the next show in two weeks or a year in the F’N Bar Room!
TM House would like to thank our host
TM

Producer
TM
Eternal Dragon

And our special guests:
IrishCanadian25
Luther
U2​

Great Work TM! I really liked this one! I now see Luther as a human being with a heart and not a robot! Very good interviews! The next edition I would love for you to interview some of my personal faves like Sam, Rusty, Jammy, or Ricky! Solid show, great guests, but your musical guest was lacking. Britney & Beyonce would have been better, but alas you can't be perfect.

This is the first one I read, and it was actually pretty interesting. Good job.

NSL…
I don't agree with him on the spam rules. I also don't agree with the way he went about disagreeing.

:lol:

I've made an impression. Albeit not a good one, but I'll take the losses with the victories.

I actually read this edition of TM's house.

Maybe it's because I'm starting to care about TM :)

Well done, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back