Bigelow vs. Morrison

• Bam Bam

• Johnny Nitrosonblaze

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region inside of the six sided ring, from Charlotte, NC.

#7. "The Beast from the East" Bam Bam Bigelow
11.jpg

vs.

#26 "The Shaman of Sexy" John Morrison
johnhenniganjohnmorrisovx2.jpg

Bam Bam. Morrison is just a step ahead of Kennedy and that's not saying much. People's biggest argument for him is he had a successful ECW Title run. Bigelow won the real ECW Title as well as the TV Title. Bigelow's career is miles ahead of Morrison's. Let's say you want to go on in ring abilities. Bigelow was more agile and strong, and could actually throw a better top rope arsenal than Morrison. This isn't close.

I'll be waiting for the Morrisonites to come in and argue.

No argument from me. Morrison loses in a squash. Bam Bam is simply too dominant to let some pretty boy mess him up. Bigelow had tats on his head, could do a cartwheel, and do top rope shit. Not to mention he was a bouncer before wrestling.

Bigelow in a six-sided disaster.

Bigelow takes this and in a squash. Morrison is good. He is fast, but Bigeslow is just as fast. he overpowers Morrison, and can do top rope shit also. This ends in 5 minutes as Bigelow just decimates the Shaman of Sexy.

Bam Bam would destroy Morrison, Morrison would try to hit some flashy high spot and Bam Bam would catch him and own him the rest of the match, lets put it this way imagine Bam Bam were a train, and Morrision some shitty car, now lets think, what happens to a shitty car when it stops on the tracks in front of a oncoming train?, it gets squahsed just like Morrison will in this match

Bam Bam wins with ease

Bam Bam. One of the greatest super heavyweights of all time. Morrison's a jobber in this match. He'd prolly have a couple of pointless spots (typical) and then proceed to get his ass handed to him and beaten to a pulp.

Easy choice.

I clicked onto this thread with haste, in fear of a mounting pro-Morrison movement threatening the status of the great Bam Bam Bigelow.

I am proud to say that you've all carried the flag quite effectively.

Bigelow, as has been said, is one of the 5 greatest SHW's of all time on ANYONE's List. Even Justin, Mr. anti-SHW himself, agrees that Bigelow is a legend and an amazing athlete. Morrison is just Jeff Hardy with abs in this match as far as I am concerned, and Bigelow is too seasoned to fall for any bullshit.

Bigelow in about 7 minutes.

I do not like to picture this match as Bam Bam "destroying" Morrison; no, if there two were to ever meet, I like to picture the masterpiece these two undoubtedly could put on against one another.

Still though, even if it is a competitive match (which, trust me, I completely understand the argument on why it wouldn't be), Bam Bam still takes it. But we'll still get some great moves out of the both of them, hopefully, and Morrison ends up looking stronger then most would expect against someone like Bigelow.

Bam Bam lost at WrestleMania to a freakin' American football player who I have never heard of due to being British. Would Morrison lose at WrestleMania, in the Main Event, to Tom Brady or Leroy Fitzgerald? (Yeah I don't know any others off the top of my head) No he would not.

I should really add on that I'm kidding before anyone gets all worked up. I am a fan of Morrison, but from what I've seen and heard of Bam Bam he was very good. The fact he was even trusted with that Mania match with that guy shows how talented he must have been. Bam Bam progresses but I keep faith in ten years time Morrison will be a top seed.

I like Morrison, and don't really get the hate for him that exists, but he isn't going to win here. Bam Bam Bigelow is probably the most entertaining superheavyweight in my eyes, probably because a fat bloke doing a flip is inherently incredible. But Bigelow also managed to win big matches, something Morrison hasn't done yet, if he ever will. Morrison will get a couple of spots in early on, but then Bam Bam and his massive tattooed bonce will take it in the end.

I like Morrison, I really do but whatever Morrison can do, Bam Bam can also do & of course Bam Bam has the power advantage so i'm gonna say that Bam Bam squashes Morrison in this one

Wow..... This made my job a lot easier.

I was concerned at the population of Morrison fans that would cheer for Morrison. This match just doesn't bode well for John. The only thing that works to John's advantage is that the TNA ring places more agile, high flying wrestlers into better position. But one can also argue Bam Bam ha just as impressive an array of aerial ability.

Bam Bam deserved to wear the WWE title at some point in his career, in my opinion. He was over as a face, and pretty damn impressive as a heel. Granted, he was never Andre the Giant's favorite wrestler, but Bam Bam was quite the foe for any wrestler.

Bam Bam takes out Morrison.

Morrison is a decent midcarder with a lot of potential. Meanwhile, Bam Bam Bigelow is a legit former world champion, with the real version of the title Morrison held to his credit, a very sound wrestler, hugely athletic for a SHW, and frankly one of the unrecognized greats of the business. Bam Bam's had classics with a number of opponents, and hell, he even carried LT to a decent match. It's not great by any sense of the word, but Bam Bam bumped big and brought the match to something decent.

The TNA ring doesn't do any of them any favors, but Bam Bam doesn't need them - he's got Morrison outclassed in every aspect there is. He'll easily walk through Morrison en route to Round 3.

Bam Bam takes this one. Morrison is a great athlete, but Bam Bam is just as much of an athlete, if not a better one, considering his size. Morrison would put up an early fight, but Jigelow Bigelow takes the cake and eats it.

I like Morrison but he is simply overmatched here. Bam Bam squashes the Shaman of Sexy here and moves onto the next round without too much problem.

John Morrison's pretty little face would be bashed in-plain and simple. Bam Bam is the best of the best when it comes to super heavyweights. Bam Bam has Morrison by 200 lbs., is stronger, and is nearly as quick and agile. Not to mention Bam Bam wrestles a knock-down-drag-out style of wrestling that Morrison has never experienced.

Bam Bam in an absolute cake walk.

I tend to agree with the Bam Bam in a walk consensus. John Morrison has done a whole lot of nothing thus far in his career. Essentially, the man's career can be summed up with the word, potential. Bam Bam on the other hand was a legit threat in three different American federations, plus his huge success across the pond in Asia. So Bam Bam, in a walk.

Here's the list of things Morrison has better than Bam Bam: Hair. And, a better looking girlfriend.

That's it. Melina > Luna, and hair > bald.

In all seriousness, Bam Bam will beat the crap out of Morrison, and then scoop that crap up, and make him eat it. Morrison may get a few flashy dropkicks in, but Bam Bam will one-up him, and use the same moves to take this easily.

By the way, I'm dying to see Bam Bam in an Ultimate X match, vote him through, and make it happen!

It seems that trying do defend Morrison in my first post will not be the most popular decision of my life, but i'm not ashamed on supporting one of my favorites contemporary wrestlers. I'll make some objectives statements, it's probably too late, but hopefully anothers mofo's lost around here make their opinions know too.

First, John Morrison is more agile than Bam Bam. No, they aren't equivalents in this aspect. Bigelow sure is fast for someone of his sizes, not trying to discredit him, but to say that he is as agile as Morrison is going too far. The shaman has more speed, can dodge and counter more easily and the most important, use the ring ropes and turnbuclkes with a lot more spontanity, being able to reach the top rope with a single jump for example. It's understood that in a fight, being quick is more useful than being strong, and with a height of 6 ft 1 and weighting 219lb, Morrison is not weak himself; his strikes will surely damage the beast.
Bringing in Bam Bam agility isn't a strong argument at all, specialy after you consider that Morrison already defeated Evan Bourne, the undisputed master of the flips.

Secondly, Jonh Morrison is a very fit guy, while Bam Bam, well, isn't. It's hard to argue against Morrison good shape, one of the bests in all sports entertainment. Endurance is an important factor in a bout between two skilled wrestlers and the shaman has the clear advantage here. He is also smart (his gimmick is kind of a bizarre guru if you think about it) and will know how to use it in his favor. As soon as Bam Bam gets tired he will become a lot more vulnerable, and Morrison will still have full force to capitalize.

In third place, you have to consider the TNA ring, wich strongly favors Morrison. He's not the usual high flyer who has just one or two maneuvers that require him to climb the turnbuckle; actualy, the major part of his ofense consists in the use of the ropes and the corners and, well, he will find a lot of these in TNA. He always uses the ropes to get momentum for kicks and punches, being his oponent stand up or on the ground. When his oponent is on the corner, one easy situation here, he quickly counter any atempted move with his "pelé kick", even when the rival is on the top rope (a very likely scenario in this match). His springboard kick, wich despite not being his finishing move was enough to finish wrestlers that are considered very tough, like Finlay, can be done from six diferent sides and come out of nowhere. His split-legged corkscrew moonsault ("starship pain") is also almost instantaneous and can come from six diferent turnbuckles here, reaching anywhere in the ring due to it's dimensions. Bam Bam would be attacked by virtually every angle. Even the moonlight drive can be executed with the help of the ropes. Speaking of his finising move, it doesn't require any kind of lifting, being equally efective on big or small guys. If he wanted to be stylish, Morrison could just use a sweet chin music like the one that knocked out HBK himself.

Another important factor is that Morrison is going to this match with a very respectable win-loss ratio. Despite totally dominating the tag team division with one hand tied to his back, he was also a very sucessful intercontinental champion, in times of decadent title reigns. Was also an ECW champion when the title meant more. He never was squashed and there's absolutely no motive to think that it would happen now. He wins the vast majority of his matches (the last two in the same week, the day after the break up with the Miz, against two ubber over faces). Even in his tag team days, Morrison rarely was the one pinned in the rare defeats, and was always the one who capitalized on the numerous victories. It's safe to say that people are used to win a lot at the Palace of Wisdom. Bam Bam was far from unbeatble or unstoppable. I have to bring the fact that he was defeated in a wrestling match even by a football player with no experience.

Finally, Morrison knows how to cheat. And cheats a lot when needed. If the tide turned against him, he would do things that would made Beer Money proud, since the referees in TNA doesn't like to disqualify people, for whatever reason. He's sneaky enough to pull a lot of dirty tricks that would give him the upper hand.That being said, it's not like it's a necessity, the shaman last victorys was totally clean, witn no cheat whatsoever.

So don't be afraid. Vote for Morrison with clean conscience.

I like John Morrison, I really do, he's a well-rounded athlete and could easily become a major star in the WWE in the future, definitely World Title potential, and I mean a real world title, but as of now he's done absolutely nothing to prove that he could win here. Bam Bam was unique, and his normal guy agility and fat guy weight mean that he will take this match and can be a dark horse in this competition.

I'm not going to list statistics as I normally do for these. I'm just gonna come out and say it. People, don't argue. I'm too lazy to argue this match. But I'm just going to say this.

John Morrison with the victory.

I know, I know. Bam Bam is quite the impressive heavyweight, but I just think that somehow, some way, Morrison's resilience, speed, and technicality will give him the W. I don't expect Morrison to use his finisher. No, on the contrary. I expect Bigelow to use his finisher, and for Morrison to reverse the pin into a rollup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back