• Kurt Angle

• Rob Van Dam

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The Olympic Hero Kurt Angle vs. The Whole Fucking Show Rob Van Dam

The Following matchup takes place in Orlando, FL in the Impact Zone. All matches take place in a six sided ring.

Ultimate X Match:
2 wires are suspeneded above the ring to form an X. An "X" is hung from the point where the wires cross. The first person to retrieve the X will move on to the TNA Finals. No ladders can be used in this match.

So long Angle. He wrestlers with a broken freakin' neck. He'd be crippled after this match. As would RVD. He'd probably slip (like usual) and fall from the top.

Anyway the only way I see Angle winning is if the X becomes loose and falls off. Is that really an option? That would be more of an accident. There would be any skill in it that way.

I thought Angle would be going through to the finals as well, I think he's a great wrestler but I think it'd stop here for him. I don't think there is any way Angle would be able to retrieve the X, as it isn't exactly in his style to do that sort of thing.

RVD on the other hand would be good at this, or rather, the match favours him other than Angle. Angle would be better when it came to the actual match, but would struggle with the gimmick side, whereas RVD would maybe find it harder to keep Angle down, but as soon as he had, he should be able to suceed.

So long Angle. He wrestlers with a broken freakin' neck. He'd be crippled after this match. As would RVD. He'd probably slip (like usual) and fall from the top.

Anyway the only way I see Angle winning is if the X becomes loose and falls off. Is that really an option? That would be more of an accident. There would be any skill in it that way.

I don't know. I mean it only fell off sixty freakin times during the first ultimate x so who knows.

RVD is having the luckiest run through these late rounds. He gets the Rock and Angle, both of whom would easily knock him out of this thing. Then we get the stipulations and they both suit him perfectly. I'm voting RVD, but I doing it with a frown and I'm gonna click the mouse hard to show my anger. I know the computer can't feel it but I don't care.

I think RVD is going to be the Dark Horse in the finals if he makes it pass Angle(I doubt the other Dark Horse Kane is going to make it any further), which seems to be the case right now. Rob Van Dam is practically a Human Monkey, he probably can swing better than some monkeys too lol, which is a GREAT skill to have when competing in an Ultimate X match. Kurt is going to have a very difficult time keeping RVD grounded when there is two extra ropes suspended above the ring, it just gives Rob more options to his aerial arsenal. RVD wins after out-performing Angle when both of them is on the ropes, knocking Angle down and retrieving the X in 19 minutes.

The only way for Kurt to win is if he wears down RVD with submission after submission.Angle is not know for flying high yet RVD is.Even if Angle gets up there his arms were once num.Theres no chance.Every factor turns againist Angle.Sorry Mr.Medal come back next year.

I'm putting a stop to this sharade right now, RVD simply shouldn't go over Angle in any match even Ulitmate X. Whereas with the Rock you maybe had an arguement because Rock though a better wrestler than RVD as he wasn't a fantastic wrestler, just good. Here you have pretty much the perfect wrestler in Kurt Angle.

First of all Angle could climb up and retrive the X, Angle isn't exactly an obese pile of crap that wouldn't be able to climb up. Angle's upper and lower body stregth is fantastic, and he's proved he is agile enough to climb it. Cmmon think a little guys, just because Angle doesn't wrestle these types of matches, doesn't mean he couldn't. Way too much emphasis is going on the match types, ok in a match with two evenly matched opponents, that aren't sepreated by as much talent as is obviously here fair enuf the match type is an important factor. However Angle is better than RVD at every aspect of wrestling, its a no-brainer.

However Angle is better than RVD at every aspect of wrestling, its a no-brainer.

Have to disagree here. Angle is better than RVD at almost every aspect of wrestling. But there is a discipline known as flying around the ring and jumping off stuff where I don't think you can deny RVD has both more experience and more ability.

Now I voted Angle. I think when push comes to shove he'll have the TNA crowd solidly behind him, and RVD isn't that used to being booed. I think at the end of the day he'll simply out wrestle Van Dam and grab the belt whilst the guy's nursing a broken frickin ankle; but I defiantly don't think it's as clear cut a match as some people are making out.

Angle may be great in every aspect of wrestling, but this is just out of his range. The only chance he really has is rvd jumps too far and lands on his head and gets knocked out. While angle is a great wrestler, rvd is no slouch. This couldn't be more tailor made for him, and he wins in an intense match.

I think this match could be far more in RVD's advantage, and quite frankly it isn't that far in his comfort zone that he can take down the number one seed. This seems to be a moot point anyway - I leave for a few hours and you go on a voting frenzy for Van Dam based solely on the stipulation. The fact is this, TNA is where Angle is perfectly comfortable, and where RVD isn't. Mix that with the fact that RVD probably wouldn't get a chance to even get up to the X, Angled would be on him like bees and honey, and the fact that Angle is hardy some useless fat fucker and somewhat of a high flyer himself given the occasion, and RVD doesn't stand a chance. Besides, RVD's offense is high-flying and, in case you hadn't noticed, the X is hardly an offensive platform - it's something from which you get tossed and don't get back up, something RVD is an expert at. Not like it matters.

This would be an interesting match. If it was a straight up match in the 6 sided ring, begrudgingly I would have chosen Angle. Thankfully, it is an Ultimate X match so I can in good faith vote for RVD. Angle is great, but 99% of his offense is mat wrestling. He wouldn't have a chance in hell at beating RVD in a match that pretty much takes place in the air.

Have you ever seen an Ultimate X match? Half the reason anybody climbs that thing is because their opponent is incompetent. Angle, however, is not. He'd lock himself onto RVD and wouldn't let go until a limb was damaged, probably an arm. Rule one of Ultimate X: you can't climb without arms. Besides, the stuff that takes place in the air is just RVD being yanked down, like it is in every Ultimate X. Angle has stronger arms and, as such, that might even give him superior agility, as well as a greater grip. Not that it matters, impulse voters...

At first glance, this match does nothing but favor Rob Van Dam. Again, a high flying match fits a high flyer, but unlike the Rock, Angle knows how to wear a guy down. Angle is a mat wrestler, but is extremely quick. Angle plays possum with the best of them. A guy can get on the top turnbuckle, and Angle would be lying on the mat, but within a second the guy is suplexed to the middle of the ring.

It's a mute point at this poitn, RVD willw in, b ut I certainly feel that Angle is capable of winning this match.

For those who have voted for Angle-

When Angle was released by WWE he couldn,t lift his arm over his head.Also lets take into account he has had a broken neck from the Olymipics.Thus Kurt has no chance of winning.Every sign points to Kurts body giving away in this match.Plus it takes a hell of alot to get Mr.ECW down and after THAT do you think Angle will have enough strength to lift himself to the x?

Um, we're talking about Angle in his prime. I don't think Angle in his prime is an Angle that cannot move. Angle in his prime is a calculating, mat wrestling, high impact wrestler. Rob Van Dam in his prime is a guy that'll jump off anything provided you chant his name loud enough. The Ultimate X is for landing on your ass, not for offensive moves. As such, RVD has no advantage whatsoever. In fact, he's the lighter, more foolhardy wrestler. This is a match for bumps. Kurt Angle doesn't do bumps, 'cept for the moonsault off the cage. Bumps are what RVD and this match does best and guess what? Smacking the floor from God knows how high up, God knows how hard, that's not an advantage.

For those who have voted for Angle-

When Angle was released by WWE he couldn,t lift his arm over his head.Also lets take into account he has had a broken neck from the Olymipics.Thus Kurt has no chance of winning.Every sign points to Kurts body giving away in this match.Plus it takes a hell of alot to get Mr.ECW down and after THAT do you think Angle will have enough strength to lift himself to the x?

Are you trying to suggest Angle is more injury prone than RVD? Because if you are that is plain wrong. RVD is far more injury prone because of his reliance on spots, I remember him having to vacate titles at least twice in his career because he got injured. Angle has had injuries, but unlike RVD Angle has been wrestling main event matches for longer than The Rock, and Stone Cold combined. RVD is an overated fuck, people are voting for him because they don't want Angle to win the tournement, and they know if he gets past this round he is the favourite. Either that or we have a load of ECW marks on here.

I would have pointed the whole "in his prime" thing out to Mr. Rabbit, but then I saw his sig, and it's the greatest thing ever. I can't be mad at him.

Even still, Angle in his prime may not even be his time as a pro wrestler, it might be 1996. The man is a machine, and watching his match at Summer Slam with Austin just re-affirms what a pure talent he is. Angle should win and meet Vader in the next round.

I really have to go with RVD in this case, I mean this match favors him, one because he will definitely be faster then angle, and use the X to his own advantage like plenty have before. While angle will control the Mat, your assuming He will control the entire match, which i cant see done with RVD whos a friggin flexible monkey. The only way angle would win this is if as you all say directs all his power on one body part, but dont forget RVD can more then likely take way more of a beating then angle can.

I don't care what anyone says, Angle should win this match. He can adjust to matches quickly and RVD I believe could easily injure himself. If anyone is going to pick RVD because it's more of an arial match you are mistaken. Angle is capable of doing high-flying moves and grabbing the X. Angle wins this one easily.

For Christ's sake, I'm going to put this in bold large writing for everyone to see. It won't make a difference but it'll give me piece of mind:

THE ULTIMATE X IS FOR FALLING FROM!

If you don't know how this benefits Angle, just look at my previous post. In the ring, even RVDGurl admits Angle is better. If RVD even gets to the X it's because Angle is playing possum, waiting to toss him off. I can only think of one offensive move being performed from the X, ever, and it involved three guys.

EDIT: My previous post, as it seems to have been ignored:

Um, we're talking about Angle in his prime. I don't think Angle in his prime is an Angle that cannot move. Angle in his prime is a calculating, mat wrestling, high impact wrestler. Rob Van Dam in his prime is a guy that'll jump off anything provided you chant his name loud enough. The Ultimate X is for landing on your ass, not for offensive moves. As such, RVD has no advantage whatsoever. In fact, he's the lighter, more foolhardy wrestler. This is a match for bumps. Kurt Angle doesn't do bumps, 'cept for the moonsault off the cage. Bumps are what RVD and this match does best and guess what? Smacking the floor from God knows how high up, God knows how hard, that's not an advantage.

THIS MATCH SHOULD BE WON BY ANGLE IN MOST OF THE STIPULATONS AND UNDER MOST CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER MOST STIPULATIONS.
THE ONLY TWO STIPULATIONS THAT BENEFIT RVD MORE THAN OTHERS are

1. LADDER MATCH- i have argued already enough abt RVD V/S THE ROCK . I AM SURE RVD CANT BEAT ANGLE IN A LADDER MATCH (angle is better than rock)

2.ULTIMATE X- interesting- let me think abt it

1.angle is NOT a slow wrestler
2. angle dominates by mat wrestling moves not allowing RVD to get on the ropes easily for first 15 minutes
3. angle can throw people off the ropes and from the turnbuckles very quickly and very nastily suplex them
4. TNA IS ANGLE COUNTRY
5. angle can go on the ropes but VISIBLY and considerably slower than RVD
6. IF HERNANDEZ CAN FETCH AN X......WHY ANGLE CANNOT?

so ppl saying ANGLE CANT WIN are wrong here.
BOTH MEN CAN WIN REALISTICALLY
BUT SINCE ITS TNA NOT ECW I GO WITH ANGLE..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back