TNA Talking to Two Networks for 2016; Spike Not Involved

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
As noted, PWInsider.com reported that TNA is in talks with at least two networks, and neither of them are Spike TV.

Dixie Carter responded to several fan questions on Twitter this morning, noting that TNA will be touring again in 2016 and they are working on a new television deal.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/639...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

I'd imagine that one of the two networks is WGN America, who were among the suitors prior to the Destination America signing. While Spike is specifically mentioned to not be among the companies they are talking to, Dixie Carter did respond to a tweet from a fan hoping for a Spike return with a cryptic "stay tuned", so they may enter the ring too.

You can read that tweet here: https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/663021907709706241

I'm thinking WGN America and MTV. Viacom reportedly wanted to keep TNA in the family when everything went down last year, so it could be they're willing to negotiated to bring them at a lower fee.

I hope that TNA does get a deal, and I hope that there are things that this deal is contingent on. Get rid of the backstage "reality tv" drama. Focus on creating new characters and new stars instead of focusing on guys like Angle and the Hardys, who are closer to the end of their careers than they are the beginning.

TNA needs to be an alternative brand and stop trying to compete with WWE. That's what makes Lucha Underground successful. That's what made ECW successful.

Wasn't there 4 networks negotiating with TNA a couple of months ago? Now it's 2? How did that happen?

These networks in question should consider how did this brand go from 2 million viewers on Spike to being dropped by Destination America in less than a year.

Who prevented Spike from acquiring partial ownership of TNA? Dixie.
Who prevented the company from selling because the other party didn't want Dixie to remain on the show as an on-screen character? Dixie.
Who lied to Spike executives about Vince Russo's status with TNA? Dixie.
Who opted to bring back all this old talent to turn the product into a glorified rerun in 2014 & early 2015 when they were given a 2nd chance? Dixie.
Who has told an unhappy fan on Twitter to "quit hating" as well as sending a flat-out criticizing & unnecessary email to Destination America executives? Dixie.

If only Dixie & her family did not own this company, I'd see more appeal in it. I doubt that networks research Dixie & TNA a whole lot, but they need to before they go offer them a TV contract. Frankly, I don't see any TV stations offering them any more than what they have now, & I don't see TNA accepting any less than what they have now.

Wasn't there 4 networks negotiating with TNA a couple of months ago? Now it's 2? How did that happen?

These networks in question should consider how did this brand go from 2 million viewers on Spike to being dropped by Destination America in less than a year.

Who prevented Spike from acquiring partial ownership of TNA? Dixie.
Who prevented the company from selling because the other party didn't want Dixie to remain on the show as an on-screen character? Dixie.
Who lied to Spike executives about Vince Russo's status with TNA? Dixie.
Who opted to bring back all this old talent to turn the product into a glorified rerun in 2014 & early 2015 when they were given a 2nd chance? Dixie.
Who has told an unhappy fan on Twitter to "quit hating" as well as sending a flat-out criticizing & unnecessary email to Destination America executives? Dixie.

If only Dixie & her family did not own this company, I'd see more appeal in it. I doubt that networks research Dixie & TNA a whole lot, but they need to before they go offer them a TV contract. Frankly, I don't see any TV stations offering them any more than what they have now, & I don't see TNA accepting any less than what they have now.

The only question that matters is....Who saved TNA from bankrupting when Jarrett money got funny? Dixie

SpikeTV is struggling to get viewers and when TNA was on there network was the onlu time the younger and older demographic to tune into Spike TV. The only reason I believe TNA left Spike was because they wanted to control Impact from who's on it to the storyline and Dixie (A Woman) stood up to them.

SpikeTV is struggling to get viewers and when TNA was on there network was the onlu time the younger and older demographic to tune into Spike TV. The only reason I believe TNA left Spike was because they wanted to control Impact from who's on it to the storyline and Dixie (A Woman) stood up to them.

That could be true. It is hard to believe what is true and isn't true when it comes to wrestling. I hope TNA gets on Spike or WGN. I think both could help the brand as long as the brand is going to help itself as well.

It worked out bad for both Spike and TNA once they severed ties. I'm not sure how Spike does ratings-wise but perhaps they get decent viewership when Bellator is on. But let's assume that both parties want to do business again. Who's to say the viewership will increase again? It didn't look good with all the treatment that's left already, and they're barely getting by with what they got. Any TV deal would be beneficial, but I'm not expecting a big change.

And TNA, high and righteous in the nobility of their cause, made the moral decision to sever ties with their network of a decade's time, choosing to spend much of 2014 without plans for 2015, and ultimately accepting a deal with a network which provided one-third of the audience of their previous network. Because you can't tell TNA what to do!

Because it's not about low ratings or a negative P/E ratio; Spike tried to tell TNA what to do, and Dixie wudn't havin' nun of that.

Fucking wrestling fans, man.

What's to question - they went from basic cable with 80% coverage to a channel with 49% coverage. Not to mention Spike is basic cable here in Canada but we don't even get DA. You are surprised by the drop in viewers and DA letting them go?

The key for them is getting on a channel on basic cable so they get the most coverage they can. That was the biggest issue with them switching channels - they lost so much of their audience because now you might have to order a new channel to see them. Is one tv show worth the cost? As well at 49% coverage, you might not even get that channel. That is what is killing TNA. I don't know what DA was expecting - you are not going to hit the high numbers when half the country can't see you.

detroitking02, who cares that Dixie is a woman? God, that statement is the kind of crap that causes so many problems. Dixie is the owner of a company and didn't want to give up control. The fact that she is a woman is irrelevant - Heyman fought them 15 years ago to. It has nothing to do with gender, it is about doing what is best for your company.

Here's a thought. Since Smackdown will move to USA from SyFy, what would be the chances of SyFy picking up TNA ? True that both USA and SyFy are owned by the same NBCUniversal group, and it's unlikely they would pick up an alternative to their WWE programming but it's also true that Comcast is part of that group.
If you followed the path of the WWE Network, Comcast isn't happy about that. How likely would it be if SyFy would pick up TNA just to devalue the WWE programming since it may bring in about the same ratings as Smackdown did on there ?
IMO, the WWE putting all their eggs in one basket on USA wasn't a smart move. Should TNA be by some miracle be picked up by SyFy and bring in the same ratings as Smackdown, it could be major headaches for the WWE when contract talks begin again. What do you think ?

Dixie Carter running TNA to the ground.

It's like a hockey-team could have had Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, Borque, Orr, and Roy in the goal.

And the manager couldn't do shit with them....that's Dixie Carter for you.

Vince should buy TNA off of Dixie and her dad , delete Smackdown and turn Thursday into TNA Thursday. Keep the TNA brand going with titles intact. TNA would also replace some shit WWE PPV like Battleground and Xtreme Rules with their own PPV events. Once a year , TNA vs WWE at a PPV will happen. TNA would also share important matches at Wrestlemania.

There, ratings problem solved...and Wrestling is awesome again....especially away from Dixie Carter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back