TNA Television Title Belt Issue

What should happen with the new TNA TV title belt?

• It should revert back to the Legend's title belt.

• A new design should be chosen?

• It's fine as it is with the TNA heavyweight title belt representing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

One to Remember

Championship Contender
I was watching Impact the other night and noticed at the end of the TV title match who fill the vacancy left by D-Von's departure from the company. But why is the new belt representing the Television championship the 2008 TNA Heavyweight title belt? It was tacky enough when the Legend's title become the Global title but still said the Legend's title on the face plate. then that same belt enjoyed a third return from the dead as the TV title that still said Legend's title.

Now I've seen this practice before obviously in the WWF with their heavyweight belt that got smashed in the early '90s returning in 1998 as the Hardcore title although with modifications. I believe the second WCW tv title belt was originally the WCW Light heavyweight belt.

I have enough respect issues with the former TNA heavyweight title belt after seeing Eric Young hopscotch around with it after it was decommissioned.. What do you guys think should be done? I actually like the first TNA TV belt and its red strap but the title probably needs a fresh beginning.

TNA_Legends_Championship.jpg

Looked decent but I thought its size and bulk made it inappropriately larger then the 2012 TNA Heavyweight title.

TNA-Destination-X2.jpg

This man devalued both belts..

wcwworldlhwtitle.jpg

The original belt switch in rasslin'!!

DSC06566.JPG

Atleast WCW had the foresight (one of the few examples) to cover the lettering on its reincarnation and they weren't stupid enough to reuse a prominent belt like the big gold or original WCW title or the 1990 U.S. title belt.

wwe-belts-7.jpg

This belt being smashed in an earlier incident kind of gives the WWF HC title a relevant back story.
WWE_Hardcore_Championship.jpg

Even though it looks retched I see where they were coming ftom and it does say Hardcore atleast.

ECW TV title belt from 2000 is my favorite TV title followed by the WCW TV belt held by Booker T and Benoit but the WCW TV title belt held by Steve Austin definite screamed TV title and looked traditional. TNA has got to be reasonable and logical with how it chooses its belt designs.

TNA probably making a new TV Title and it may have not been ready so there had to use the OLD world title.... I Notice the title once joe grabbed it

They probably didnt get the old belt back from Devon, simple. Once he returns the title belt to TNA, Samoa Jow will be getting around with it

I think it could simply be that the Legends title got old and dull. Plus, I like the 08 World title. It was favorite of all the titles in TNA, followed by the original NWA X-Division title. I think that they probably could be making a new TV title as well, or maybe even taking the "Legends" off of the title and putting "Television" in its place.

Speaking of belts... I was thinking that the current world title sort of favors the Hulk Hogan title (IE: The WCW Television & Light Heavyweight titles).

I believe there is a new belt currently being made at the moment. Being the reason that the Dave Millican made legends belt wasn't used.

Also to another point, just have to correct you, the Winged eagle that Mr Perfect Smashed with a hammer is not the belt which became the hardcore belt. The hardcore belt was made from scratch to look like it did.

I'm fine with either a new design or the old TNA World Title representing the belt, they need a new belt to start a fresh with. The belt has been devauled ever since they changed it from Legends to Global to TV, and I've always thought the TV Title looked corny, especially with the red straps - it looked more like a belt for the Knockouts division.

This has me second guessing about Devon leaving the company though. I'm beginning to think that TNA may be swerving us and we'll see Devon return with the belt, claiming to be the real Television champion then we see Devon take on Joe or whoever is the champ to merge the two TV titles & determine who the real Television Champion is, just to give the belt a big storyline.

Will Devon return as a member of A&8's with the TV Championship belt??? When the TNA World Championship (original and/or replica) was attempted to be stolen, could A&8's planned the heist???

Personally, I'd rather they just had a new title designed and start things off fresh. In my eyes, the red title has just had such an inauspicious existence.

First, it started out as just a gimmick belt for Booker T before being officially adopted as the TNA Legends Championship. Then, the name of the title was change to the TNA Global Championship. Finally, AJ Styles announced the title would now be the TNA Television Championship. The strap is less than four years old and has gone through three name changes.

While I know it'll never happen, I'd personally kind of like to see a design similar to the old NWA Television Championship back in the 80s. I just like the classic, old school look and coloring of the title. For me, it looked prestigious but not too prestigious. It didn't look like it outshined the US or World Championship.

I'm completely against using a discarded championship belt to serve as the title belt. TNA took the original TNA WHC, which looked great, and Hogan threw it in the trash only for Eric Young to fish it out of the trash and wear it around as a gag title for 6 months. To me, that just seems to scream that the company doesn't ultimately give a damn about the TV title in and of itself and would be better off just scrapping the title altogether.

I think a new belt needs making.. However, regarding this story, I heard somewhere that Devon hasn't returned the original title yet, so until he does, Samoa Joe will be holding the old TNA title.. No issues.

ok, firstly, i do think that the old TNA Heavyweight title was used for the "TV" title. i expect that either 1) they will use the TNA Heavyweight title and change the engraving and replace heavyweight with television or 2) they will get the old TV title back or 3) they will make a new TV title and one's being made, but it wasnt ready when they had the match. i tend to lean to 3 because it seemed like they were hiding the belt as i couldnt even see what it looked like which is why i think part 3 will occur.

First off Eric Young sucks! He isn't funny. He is only a passable worker at best and did I mention that he is not funny! The fact that TNA let him run with the TV title and the old TNA WHB is an insult. Impact wrestling should commission a new TV title belt, but I also believe that anyone who held the belt prior to it becoming the TV title should be dropped from the lineage. That distances it from the Legneds/Global catastrophy. The lineage should start with AJ Styles the night he changed its name from the Global Title to the TV title. As for the "problems" with the TV title now... It is this simple Devon still has the physical belt. So, something else had to be used. If you noticed Joe didn't hold up the belt so anyone could see it. He tried (as much as possible) to hide the fact that it wasn't the physical TV title. By next week Impact Wrestling will probably have the TV title back. However, I really do think that it is time for a new belt design.

I feel that a new belt is in order, something that actually says "television" champ on it. The red strap was ok, but since they introduced the current HW belt the TV belt should be updated. How many different names did the red strap have? It needs it's own identity; break away from the Global or Legends name. Hell it would be cool if they had another second tier strap like the US, but WWE might take exception.

WWE can't take exception to a US title in TNA since US titles have existed in wrestling LONG before the WWE introduced one.

Let's look at it like this. What is the point of the X-Division title? It's to display the X-Division which is a weightless division.

The TV title is a belt that is suppose to be defended on television and to help elevate wrestlers to the top. Here's an example, Devon was there to help the low card people get better. Robbie E was giving the title so he could elevate to the next level up on the card.

TNA has way too many titles with not enough wrestlers and time. If TNA had a second show where it featured on wrestling, it would be okay. I say drop the TV or the X divison title and the K.O. Tag. Not enough time to display each and every division, but the TV strap needs a new look if they decide to focus on it.

WWE can't take exception to a US title in TNA since US titles have existed in wrestling LONG before the WWE introduced one.

Sorry but the WWWF had a United States title when Vince Sr. ran the company. It just doesn't have any connection to the belt because the US title we know is part of the Good Ol' Jim Crockett promotion which date back to the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling. Damn, I'm old!

I always liked the TV title design, I felt it was the best belt design (or at least joint with the X-Division) but a brand new belt would be beneficial. For people who've been watching TNA for a few years they see a belt that TNA didn't know what to do with so they kept changing the name and throwing it on different people. A new belt would wipe the slate clean, allowing TNA to focus on it being the TV title and elevating talent.

u know nothing about belt history the tv title was the legends title ? yes
but eric young did change the logo plate into a global plate when he held the title. then when Aj styles won it he took off the global logo and since it's had no logo on it.
witch brings me to the next thing u got wrong the WWF winged eagle title isn't the hardcore title that is wrong info that belt is owned by a friend of mine named Dan they used another old title to make it.
next on your list of f up's is the wcw tv title isn't the same title as the light heavyweight title reggie parks and dave made both titles but they are 2 different belts
now back to the tv title devon still has the tv belt with him and wildcats championship belts is working on a new title

here's some pic's of the real belt mr perfect broke
http://belttalk.com/phpBB3/gallery/image.php?album_id=64&image_id=2703

u know nothing about belt history the tv title was the legends title ? yes
but eric young did change the logo plate into a global plate when he held the title. then when Aj styles won it he took off the global logo and since it's had no logo on it.
it doesnt matter what that clown did, if AJ took it off and it stayed off then thats still an example of a belt with multiple identities which is wrong. As I recall Lance Storm had a habit of putting stickers on belts too, did not make their name changes by him legitimate though. A sticker shouldn't be on a plate, maybe a new metal part welded on but not a rinky dink sticker.
witch brings me to the next thing u got wrong the WWF winged eagle title isn't the hardcore title that is wrong info that belt is owned by a friend of mine named Dan they used another old title to make it.
Dan who? Dan Frye? Dan Henderson, Dan Akroid? Maybe it was maybe it wasn't, a lot of people think it was the old belt. its not an unreasonable assumption. Eitherway this isn't the UFC were all the belts have the same design with different words. The WWF HC title is a valid example because it was based off the 1991 WWF hw title.
next on your list of f up's is the wcw tv title isn't the same title as the light heavyweight title reggie parks and dave made both titles but they are 2 different belts
now back to the tv title devon still has the tv belt with him and wildcats championship belts is working on a new title

here's some pic's of the real belt mr perfect broke
http://belttalk.com/phpBB3/gallery/image.php?album_id=64&image_id=2703

[/quote]
I've read that the TV title was the old light heavyweight title and if Dave Millican made the TV title he probably just made a version based on WCW's improvised TV title. He just updated it so that no sticker was needed. And of course your dumb link didn't work.. :disappointed: If Curt Hennig were alive and tried to access your fictitious link he would say something like "Absolutely imperfect!"
You don't find it the least bit odd at all that Mr. Belt Genie chose a design that was the spitting image of the light heavyweight title? Who's stance is more plausible mine or yours over the sticker situation?

Chauncy said:
The TV title is a belt that is suppose to be defended on television and to help elevate wrestlers to the top. Here's an example, Devon was there to help the low card people get better. Robbie E was giving the title so he could elevate to the next level up on the card.
It needs to have the same rules as the NWA World Television title had and it needs to have the same prestige as the ECW World Television title achieved. TNA does have another show, Xplosion! and they need to work on getting that on a better tv station that people can actually see it on. Maybe try to start Impact at 7:30?

Sorry but the WWWF had a United States title when Vince Sr. ran the company. It just doesn't have any connection to the belt because the US title we know is part of the Good Ol' Jim Crockett promotion which date back to the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling. Damn, I'm old!
That's true but the former WCW and NWA (Mid-Atlantic version) is the most prominent United States title in the history of wrestling and has lasted the longest and outlived its host federations long after they disintegrated. The WWWF U.S.A. heavyweight title was unstable and vacant alot from its creation in 1963 until its demise in 1977. It did have top names such as Pedro Morales and BoBo Brazil in its lineage though.

ALEX said:
I always liked the TV title design, I felt it was the best belt design (or at least joint with the X-Division) but a brand new belt would be beneficial. For people who've been watching TNA for a few years they see a belt that TNA didn't know what to do with so they kept changing the name and throwing it on different people. A new belt would wipe the slate clean, allowing TNA to focus on it being the TV title and elevating talent.
a good way to wipe the slate clean would be to split all 3 identities of this title into 3 championships period. Or atleast let the Legend's and Global title be one and the TV title be a new creation but I think TNA likes the idea of the TV title having Booker T., Nash, Foley, and others in its lineage. The belt was too integrated into its holder's persona. When Lance Stormed dropped the WCW Canadian heavyweight title it wasn't then proclaimed to be the WCW North American title or something, its name went back to the U.S. title.

Damn you are right! :worship:I knew that the WWWF had a United States Championship, but I didn't know that it predated the NWA/WCW/WWF/E one that they are using now. :wtf:

a good way to wipe the slate clean would be to split all 3 identities of this title into 3 championships period. Or atleast let the Legend's and Global title be one and the TV title be a new creation but I think TNA likes the idea of the TV title having Booker T., Nash, Foley, and others in its lineage. The belt was too integrated into its holder's persona. When Lance Stormed dropped the WCW Canadian heavyweight title it wasn't then proclaimed to be the WCW North American title or something, its name went back to the U.S. title.

This is what I said (in my prior post) too. It would really clear up the mess that TNA booking caused in the early days of thsi title. The Legends and Global title histories should be listed under TNA's deactivated title history.

If Curt Hennig were alive and tried to access your fictitious link he would say something like "Absolutely imperfect!" HAHAHAHA FUNNY Motha F**ka u don't know sh!t about what u are talking about and here's your link to his facebook page http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8095640.-2207520000.1349071081&type=1&theater

also the wing eagle wwf title didn't debut in 1991 dumb a$$ it debut in 1988 at saturday night main event when hogan lost it to andre the gaint and andre gave it to million dollar man thats why they had the wwf championship tournament at wrestlemania 4? but u knew that right ? that was in 1991 right ? check your facts first before u talk out your a$$ kid because i can go all day i know all the belt makers and history of every title belt and i know who owns what titles.
now on to the wcw tv title up ontill 1992 wcw used the nwa tv title as the wcw tv title just with a leather change but when scott steiner left wcw midwest made a new title
http://mikeandtompresent.com/2011/06/02/94-wcw-blogject-6494/
then in 1995 arn anderson debut the last title witch wasn't a sticker job like lance storm did to the us title it's a different title all together and if u think it's not u are blind look at the side plates the size of the main plate i've held the wcw tv title in my hands and I know who owns both titles and the light heavyweight title is a real small belt.
and last making a joke about Dan wow u have no idea who he is do u? he's a guy that did the leather for new IC title and helped make the new big gold that sheamus is using now and the guy that is working on the new wwe title 2 belts are being make one by midwest and on by orange county chopper one HD and the other for house shows

If Curt Hennig were alive and tried to access your fictitious link he would say something like "Absolutely imperfect!" HAHAHAHA FUNNY Motha F**ka u don't know sh!t about what u are talking about and here's your link to his facebook page http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...8095640.-2207520000.1349071081&type=1&theater
Learn to use the quote button u stupid immigrant. Okay great, well your first link wasn't allowing hot linking and after i went directly to the URL i couldnt access it i guess due to its broke owner not having enough money for more bandwidth..
also the wing eagle wwf title didn't debut in 1991 dumb a$$ it debut in 1988 at saturday night main event when hogan lost it to andre the gaint and andre gave it to million dollar man thats why they had the wwf championship tournament at wrestlemania 4? but u knew that right ? that was in 1991 right ? check your facts first before u talk out your a$$ kid because i can go all day i know all the belt makers and history of every title belt and i know who owns what titles.
Uh moron if you read any of the posts on wrestling i have made since 2000 you will notice i sometimes refer to belts by the years they were prominent or the year the belt did not share with another design. So for example dodo I would had referred to the belt held by Billy Graham as the 1977 belt because if I called it the 1984 belt you might confuse it with the green strapped belt with the name plates that Iron Sheik was awarded. I would call the belt Curt Hennig wore the 1990 I-C title as opposed to the 1986 I-C title or whenever t debuted to avoid confusing with the I-C title held by Santana in his first reign which was also used til 1986 or whenever. Thats why i dont call them by debut dates you bozo. See I make the dates like that also to help people who know so much about wrestling that they can actually draw the WWWF logo from memory or the center plate for the first WWWF title distinguish. to them if i said "classic I-C title" they would think back to 1979 or '83, or '92.. Ironic that your calling me out on that misguided point..
now on to the wcw tv title up ontill 1992 wcw used the nwa tv title as the wcw tv title just with a leather change but when scott steiner left wcw midwest made a new title
http://mikeandtompresent.com/201194-t-/06/02/649-wcw4blogjec/
then in 1995 arn anderson debut the last title witch wasn't a sticker job like lance storm did to the us title it's a different title all together and if u think it's not u are blind look at the side plates the size of the main plate i've held the wcw tv title in my hands and I know who owns both titles and the light heavyweight title is a real small belt.
They look exactly the same. Is that what your belt maker considers art, just changing words and sides of belts? Do you have a picture of AA with the belt he debuted with or the belt WCW ended with? I am saying the Light heavyweight title was improvised then the belt maker just made a new belt based off of that.. Wait wait, i just looked at your link. :lmao: I AM TALKING ABOUT THE TV TITLE HELD BY CHRIS JERICHO, BOOKER T. AND DISCO INFERNO. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE 2000 BELT. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE BELT SCOTT HALL THREW AWAY AND JIM DUGGAN RECOVERED FROM A TRASH CAN ON WCW SATURDAY NIGHT.. Are you debating what i said or your misinterpretation of what i said?! :disappointed:

world_TV.jpg
wcwworldtelevision.jpg
images

and last making a joke about Dan wow u have no idea who he is do u? he's a guy that did the leather for new IC title and helped make the new big gold that sheamus is using now and the guy that is working on the new wwe title 2 belts are being make one by midwest and on by orange county chopper one HD and the other for house shows

The leather is just a white version of the old strap.. He might had even painted a strap from the Ultimate Warrior era white with spray paint lol. He ripped off NWA/WCW's big gold, bent it a little, added that scarlet letter of a WWE logo uptop, and made the back of the strap maroon eventhough no one barely notices that and the belt would had looked better with a complete marron strap..

Since he's already good at ripping off historical forerunner designs and since CM Punk alludes to the past so much I hope Danny boy just reinstates the Billy Graham WWWF title belt..

I have always been a fan of the TV title from it's days in WCW. Some of the better tv matches were for that belt. I liked the time limit in the match to. The heel would always used it to his advantage, and it made you want to see him lose the title so bad. I was excited when TNA started using a TV title, and I hope they get a new belt for Joe, and go back to the old days and use a time limit for the matches. Another key is that it needs to be defended each week. It's kind of the whole point of the belt. I think this could really be a title of interest if they do it correctly.

Last night Joe came out with the "Devon Belt", right? ...the same Legends/Global/TV Belt we've seen since Booker T debuted it as the Legends Title? I agree with the majority, that Joe was merely awarded the old TNA Heavyweight Belt last week because Devon might have still had the "original" TV Belt. TNA might have been in scramble-mode last week when they realized they didn't have the actual belt in their possession, and just used the old WHC instead. This week they must have either got the belt back from Devon, or had enough time to have a brand new belt (with the old design) made for Joe.

Since the point of this discussion is about the future of the TV Belt, I voted for a brand new design all together. There's too many bad memories attached to that red strapped title, and the title itself was treated as a joke for so long (even after it was re-dubbed the Television Championship by AJ). I think a new design might help the fans forget about the belt's former names (Legends and Global Title), maybe help the Championship get over as a "new" title, and hopefully the Championship can finally gain some much needed prestige.

Since the X-Division Title is now limited only to wrestlers that are 220 lbs and under (roughly, it could have been 215 or 225 - I can't remember specifically), the XD Championship can't really be treated the way it used to. I used to think of the XD Title as TNA's #2 Championship, on par with the WWF's Intercontinental title (or maybe even the current WWE IC Title). It seemed like the second most prestigious title TNA had, especially since that was the only other singles title in the company for so long (if I'm not mistaken). Even after the Legends title was renamed the Global Title, the X Division Belt still seemed more prestigious to me (and I'd have to imagine that I'd be in the majority with that opinion).

When the Global Title was renamed the Television Title, I was hoping that the belt would become TNA's version of the WWE's IC Title (or even WCW's US Title, or ECW's TV Title). When Eric Young won the Television Title, I felt that his reign just ruined all of the possible momentum the title could have had. The title became a joke, especially since it went undefended for so long. I stopped paying attention to the title almost all together, until The Hulkster decided that Devon would have to start defending it every week (since that's how the TV Title used to work in "Hogan's Day"). I was hoping that the title would start to be taken seriously, but then we had that trouble with Devon's contract. I suppose I understand that TNA was hoping Devon would resign with the company, and that's the reason they didn't take the title off him before his contract was officially over...but having the title off TV for the last few weeks again seemed to stall any momentum the TV Title was starting to gain.

With all of that "bad blood" associated with the Television Title (since it was so dubbed), I feel that a redesign of the physical belt might help rebuild the Championship itself. I don't know if a new piece of leather and metal could help me (and the rest of the TNA fans) hold the TV Championship in a higher regard, but I don't think it would hurt the Championship either. Hopefully Samoa Joe will be able to keep the Championship relevant for the time being, and also elevate the title's overall prestige. As of right now, I'm fine with TNA keeping the "classic" TV Belt. I feel like they might have missed their window to change the title, since this week (or last week) would have been the perfect time. Joe could debut a brand new TV strap at BFG, that might be the next logical time to have the belt changed. Most likely, TNA will keep the "classic" belt indefinitely...although a lot of fans (including me) will only think of when Booker T first walked out with it as the "Legends Title".

One of my all time favorite belts, that I will one day own a copy of, is the old NWA TV title.

NWA_World_TV_Ashvin_Presad.jpg

If I were TNA I'd copy that belt, almost to completely. Where yous ee the network name plates I'd simply replace them with Spike TV logos instead. After all, shouldn't the network that carries TNA sponsor the TV title?

This is horrible Photoshop work, sorry, but this is what I'm talking about (only done very well of course lol)

247377_10152193553325013_1760071794_n.jpg

Make it a rule that the TV champ MUST defend every week on TV, but give it the old ten minute time limit as well. Everyone not in the World title, X Division title, and Tag title scene should be after the TV title. It gets you on television every single week, and is a stepping stone to a World title or X Title shot!

I think this title has HUGE potential if they'd just go for it.

they should get a new design but something that they are willing to stick with for 5-10 years. one thing i don`t like is that TNA changes the design of their belt way too often. this is supposed to be a symbol of your company so why are they changing it every couple years? redesign it and then stick with it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back