Trading Trophies for Playstation Store Items?

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
I've heard rumors that soon, Sony, Are going to use Trophies as currency for the Playstation store, If your an XBOX user that would be swaping achievements for gamer points.

To be honest I REALLY hope this rumour is false. It wouldn't be fair on people that can't afford to buy a game every week or people that don't have the time to play games 8 hours a day due to school/work/family/etc would be missing out while those that do have the time and money would be getting a free PSN game/add on every other week which in turn increases their trophy tally even more.

I do however agree that there should be some sort of incentive to collect trophies aside from bragging rights but ONLY if it's something cosmetic such as a special Avatar if you get Platinum in a game.
Simple idea would be to make the Platinum Trophy icon available to use as an avatar once you unlock the Platinum. Would love to use that LBP Platinum icon as an avatar.

I agree with you, trophies shouldn't be used to buy whole games or other big purchases like that, it jus puts everyone who isnt a hardcore gamer at a disadvantage.

However i can see the reasoning from Sony's perspective, you get someone who buys a game and puts in the hours to get the top rewards. Your gonna want to reward them for putting the time and effort into playing their game.

Personally i think it should be more like "get to this trophy level and we'll reward you with a discount code", maybe 10% off or somthing like that but not go as far as being able to buy a whole new game. I'd like to see the cosmetic item unlocks or even extra levels/bonus modes/in game upgrades as well so its not just for bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back