True Detective

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Holyyyyyyyyyyyy shit, this is hands down one of the best things I have ever seen on television. I am only on episode three so here's to hoping that the last five are just as good. Is this going to lead to an HBO renaissance, bros? Sure, they have Game of Thrones, but the show's ambition often results in extremely shallow storylines. Oh, and don't even mention The Newsroom or Boardwalk Empire...both of these shows are shit.

Boardwalk slipped a bit this season, but it is still a damn good show.

True Detective is awesome though. Just wait till you finish it. Rust is a badass character & his last line of episode 8 is one of the best lines to end a season ever.

Holyyyyyyyyyyyy shit, this is hands down one of the best things I have ever seen on television. I am only on episode three so here's to hoping that the last five are just as good. Is this going to lead to an HBO renaissance, bros? Sure, they have Game of Thrones, but the show's ambition often results in extremely shallow storylines. Oh, and don't even mention The Newsroom or Boardwalk Empire...both of these shows are shit.

Yea, you might say that :lmao: :lmao:

I've been looking for a new show to watch and this sounds like its right up my alley. I heard they are doing it like an anthology which I like hearing (seriously if done right this show could go forever) and the dark and gritty atmosphere I've heard about it is very intriguing.

Very tempted to watching this.

True Detective is fucking amazing. I worry that season 2 isn't gonna be able to live up to it though. Hopefully they get some actors who are as good as McConaughey and Harrelson.

Good choice man. You'll love it. It kind of gives me that Breaking Bad vibe just a little. I agree with TLC though that future seasons might not be as good as season one because McConaughey and Harrelson were that damn good.

I will say that I thought episode 5 was the best episode of the season so I look forward to seeing what you think of that episode.

True detective is awesome man. Wait till you get to the end of episode 4. It's like GTA out there. Even though, in terms of drama, episodes 5 and 6 are the best in the series.

Some people out there are hating on the finale. Don't listen to them. It is Rust's story and it comes to a fantastic conclusion despite the finale being a bit clichéd.

True detective is awesome man. Wait till you get to the end of episode 4. It's like GTA out there. Even though, in terms of drama, episodes 5 and 6 are the best in the series.

Some people out there are hating on the finale. Don't listen to them. It is Rust's story and it comes to a fantastic conclusion despite the finale being a bit clichéd.

Say n'more, say n'more.

I just finished the series in a week or so. Amazing stuff. I thought MM was kind of annoying to start off with but by the end he was just magnificent. Woody was terrific as well.

However, was anyone else really disappointed with the ending? It was a little cliché but mainly I felt like they just didn't really explore some of the stuff that they had built up.

Considering that this has Woody and Matthew as the lead actors of season one, how can you fuck this up? I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew got an Emmy this year as well as his Oscar. I will agree that Newsroom and Boardwalk Empire dont hold anything to this show (although they are among some of the better shows on television).

However, to say it was the best thing on television when it was airing is something I have to disagree with: Banshee takes that cake... but True Detective is definitely must-watch. Can't wait for next season and the completely new cast.

And I thought there should have been a bit more to the final confrontation. It just kind of happened without much really happening...

The chase through the catacombs was really spooky but the final fight was just a bit meh.

Just finished the series tonight. It was good. Great even. Cole is possibly one of the coolest characters I've ever seen on TV, and Hart plays a beautiful second fiddle to him.

I thought the show kind of cooled off in the last two episodes, though. They were very good, no doubt, but it didn't quite have the bite that the first six did.

I'm curious as to the classification of Cole's philosophy on society and life. Regardless of what it's called, I definitely dig it.

Considering that this has Woody and Matthew as the lead actors of season one, how can you fuck this up? I wouldn't be surprised if Matthew got an Emmy this year as well as his Oscar. I will agree that Newsroom and Boardwalk Empire dont hold anything to this show (although they are among some of the better shows on television).

However, to say it was the best thing on television when it was airing is something I have to disagree with: Banshee takes that cake... but True Detective is definitely must-watch. Can't wait for next season and the completely new cast.

I am going to watch the first episode of this show because there must be something to it if you're willing to make this kind of assertion. If I think it's nothing more than mediocre, I'll come back and ask you to explain yourself.

Just finished the series tonight. It was good. Great even. Cole is possibly one of the coolest characters I've ever seen on TV, and Hart plays a beautiful second fiddle to him.

I thought the show kind of cooled off in the last two episodes, though. They were very good, no doubt, but it didn't quite have the bite that the first six did.

I'm curious as to the classification of Cole's philosophy on society and life. Regardless of what it's called, I definitely dig it.

Philosophical Pessimism, especially the Arthur Schopenhauer variety.

I am going to watch the first episode of this show because there must be something to it if you're willing to make this kind of assertion. If I think it's nothing more than mediocre, I'll come back and ask you to explain yourself.

I will grant you the point that the show does contain some unnecessary sex and fight scenes but the further you watch into the show, the better it gets. It's almost like they are learning episode by episode what not to do. Season 2 is miles better than the first as what was unnecessary before is done for storyline purposes.

A little background: I have watched and completed many television series so I'm confident about my opinion. I believe it is up there with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, much like the first season of True Detective (despite my assertion, it is still very good television).

It isn't The Sopranos or The Wire, but it's in that next level down. Not sure what else I would put there besides Deadwood, but True Detective, so far, resides somewhere in that neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back