Turns Out Jeff Hardy is Awesome Again

It was going to happen once he got clean (and motivated to stay clean). But no one will give him back the chance. He's going to to have to work his ass off to be seen as the same guy who was maineventing Summerslam against Punk. He was brilliant for a long time before that.

Agreed with Numbers, Hardy's entire look, wrestling style is tailor made to make him a face, but his personal issues have gotten in his way numerous times. IF he can prove he can stay clean, people will start to forgive him. I have been a long time critic of Hardy's lifestyle, but I also know from having met him before a RAW in Grand Rapids, that he is also really nice to the fans. When he got to the arena that day, he spent a good 10-20 minutes chatting with the fans that were waiting outside watching the wrestlers arrive, before even getting his gear out of the trunk of his car. He had no issues with signing autographs, taking pictures with people or any of that. He was extremely gracious, unlike a lot of the guys that just grab their shit and go, ignoring everyone. I WANT to like Jeff Hardy, he has just made it impossible over the last few years. If he has truly cleaned his act up, I have no problems accepting him again.

Have you heard the reactions he gets? The unwashed masses have forgiven him.

The unwashed masses of everywhere on the road. I went to a TNA house show a couple months back. Jeff was more popular than free beer.

Jeff Hardy has always been awesome, and over with the masses. The question is, can he keep himself clean and out of trouble?

No, it was Jeff's fault for not being able to work heel convincingly in the ring.

I guess I'll give you in the ring, he didn't change at all, but his look and promos were pretty good for a heel.

I rip on him a lot because well, it's easy to kick someone while they're down. Fun too. But I've been a fan of his since I was a kid. I don't know how good he has actually been lately, I'll have to take your word for it.

That heel run was SO disappointing. Especially because he looked so freaking bad-ass the entire time! But yeah, seriously...he's the most over man in TNA right now. The reaction he is getting is insane, and almost on par with how he was drawing against CM Punk on Smackdown... I've never been one for Hardy's mic work, which is a bigger deal to me than most, but his reaction and how they have handled his return have been great.

Seriously, I tip my hate off to TNA for handling it as well as they have. In rare cases is it ok to bring bits of reality into an angle. Jeff has humbled himself, and it shows on TV incredibly well. Double J was the PERFECT heel to run him again too, and I think is the sole reason why Hardy is garnering such an excellent reaction right now. The reality is that Hardy is working to gain back the trust of the fans and the locker room...and that is coming across perfectly it the story.

In other news, how damn good is Bully Ray?

Not to bandwagon, but yes, I have enjoyed his matches against Bobby Roode very much - and his one with James Storm was rather good too.

I doubt Jeff Hardy would ever get another shot at WWE and I also doubt Jeff would want to be put back on that rough schedule again.

Look at him when Immortal started and look at him now. The dude has lost quite a few pounds and has been well, not sloppy.

He still cuts abysmal promos. And he really needs to stop calling his fans "Creatures of the Night". That's copyright infringement since the Undertaker was using that back in the 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back