Tyson or DH. Who has the staying power?

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
No doubt that both David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd are both INCREDIBLY talented youngsters in WWE. But as is the tradition with the majority of Tag Teams there is the one superstar who makes it; some examples..

World Greatest Tag Team - Winner: Shelton. Loser: Haas.
The Hardy Boys - Winner: Jeff. Loser: Matt (at the moment anyway)
Edge and Christian - Winner: Edge. Loser: Christian (at the moment)
Ryder & Hawkins - Winner: Ryder. Loser: Hawkins (so far)
London & Kendrick - Winner: Kendrick. Loser: London
MNM - Winner: Morrison(Nitro). Loser: Mercury (who?)
Jesse and Festus - Winner: Festus. Loser: Jesse (so far)

So with that in mind, who do you think will have the staying power out of David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd?

In my opinion; it is Tyson Kidd. He is amazing in the ring, he has the cocky swagger of a heel. He can do well on the microphone. To be fair, I we haven't seen much of Smith yet, so my opinion might change but we'll soon see.

What are you're thoughts?

I like David Hart Smith better, but I'm sure WWE has plans to push Tyson Kidd more, since he has Natalya on his side. Hopefully, both will get pushed.

For sure it just has to be D.H. Smith!

You also have to take into account of the WWE's style for thier stars. They want big, muscular guys to hopefully become future mega stars. The only small guys that get any decent amount of exposure in the WWE are Mysterio and Bourne and even they are severely underbooked.

Smith for sure, I've said for ever that Smith has everything to be a great superstar, He has speed, Strength, Agilty, And is fucking huge. He is very green on the mic, But he can only get better with the people he will work with.

Reactions: gd
I have been infinitely more impressed with Kidd thus far. He has a unique style in the ring, brings charisma with his cocky attitude, and I think is just an overall more entertaining wrestler.

Smith on the other hand, is a black hole of charisma. Whenever he's in the ring, I just want to fall asleep. Sure, he may be big, but he's boring. He's been called up to the main roster before, and didn't make it back for a year. Surely there must be some reason he isn't a bigger star by now.

DH Smith is the one that the WWE wants to emerge, but I think it will be Kidd.

I think that they can both succeed but I think Smith can go farther than Kidd. He has the look that WWE usually looks for. He has been trained by some of the best in the business.He is pretty agile and he looks like he has some strength. He is probably a tough guy, I would assume since he trained in the Legendary Hart Dungeon.

I think that the only thing that Hart needs to work on is his mic skills, they aren't that bad but it would only help him more if he improved them. I think we need to give him a little more time but he has a pretty good upside.

I really don't see either of them being a breakout star. Neither have the WWE look as Kidd is too small and Smith isn't muscular and has a baby face, both just have very bland looks as well. Add to that, that neither have shown to be good on the mic. But if I had to guess who will be around longer, I'd go with Smith because of his last name.

Right now I believe that TJ Wilson has what it takes to last a long time in the WWE. He has a very unique look, and a decent character. If the tag team run is successful, I can see Harry being given a monster push after wards, but I can see TJ as being the guy who stays around longer, and reliving the boyhood dream.

DH Smith is a Future Wrestlemania Main Eventer. Bank on that. Tyson Kidd, while impressive, is going to be Money in the Bank/U.S./Intercontinental title filler for the bulk of his career. Which isn't to say he won't eventually be elevated, but with DH, I see him being launched within a couple years, with Kidd, it will take MUCH longer.

It may be just me, but Kidd annoys the crap out of me. Everything about his gimmick. That STUPID little piece of hair on his head is ******ed. And that whole "they closed the Hart dungeon because he was the best and they couldnt do any better"....please, give me a break. Kidd may have talent, but to use that line as a launching pad for him is just insulting to Stu Hart and his dungeon IMO.

Interesting point you bring up in that it seems like half of every tag team gets a nice push and half doesn't (though Miz and Morrison may break that trend).

I've seen quite a bit more of Kidd than Smith so far, but I really like Smith. He has a terrific mean streak in him, he looks like he really wants to hurt his opponents badly, and not just beat them down like Kidd. He's also incredibly strong, I was really impressed with how long he kept Dreamer in that supplex last week. Right now, I say Smith has more staying power than Kidd, but I think they'll both stick around.

It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for anyone to make a half logical decision on this topic. Kidd has had like... what... 10 matches so far? Smith even going back to when he was on Raw... like 10? They're just getting their first pairing. Give us a year until they start to break the team up and see what happens. It doesn't help that they've barely had any mic time and have two totally different styles. At this point, it's pretty much a coin flip between them.

I agree, it's way too early to make a choice, but I like what I've seen from both of them so far. If I had to guess, I'd say DH only because of the bloodlines. Not that that means everything, but I think it helps.

I am way over on this "Hart Legacy", though. I think it's great. However, I don't like what they're doing with DH making him say he's better (or going to be better) than his father ever was. I know they're pushing him as a heel, but I just thought that was in poor taste.

Whose star will shine brighter?

David Hart Smith the son of "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith or Tyson Kidd.

If they properly push them they could be very big stars...but whose star will shine brighter?

DH Smith has two strikes against him already in the "wellness policy" department. DM Smith has also had two chances to be pushed, both of which didn’t go over so well. On the positive side, he’s a big guy, and Vince loves big guys.

Tyson Kidd is a new face to the company and the "last" graduate of the Stu Hart's Dungeon in Calgary. Kidd has shown great talent in the ring, but will he be able to break away from ECW and the middle card?

I hope to see these two talents developed over the next 2 to 3 years and become major players in the WWE. They have future tag champs written all over them, and at this point I could see both of them doing great work as mid carders.

But the big question is will either of them be main even major stars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back