[VIDEO] Simon Gotch Shoots On Enzo Amore

I'd never actually seen this before but it was wildly interesting viewing for me. Truth be told, I was a fan of Enzo and Cass during their WWE run for the most part. But as time has gone by, its become pretty bloody evident that Enzo Amore was a total dick to most people in the WWE, that he was well out of his depth and had a genuine attitude problem.

The WWE is the big leagues, there's no doubt about it. Can you imagine calling yourself a cheerleader and then getting a spot in a cheerleading squad for an NFL match? Hell, even if you were a decent dancer before that, you don't know the routine. That's always what I thought about Enzo. He had some skills but he A) needed a lot of time to get better, and B) didn't have the experience to be there in the first place.

Wrestling is a really competitive business and a lot of people can be selfish. It doesn't surprise me that Enzo didn't want to admit that he couldn't do things properly but allowing others to take heat for your mistake is a total dick move. Gotch comes across as a really good dude who enjoys what he does. After watching this, I feel very sorry for the way he was handled in the WWE. Especially when he worked a lot with a P.O.S like Enzo Amore.

What's your thoughts on this?

I think that it's a huge testament to the talent of those who worked with Enzo that Enzo was able to just wander into the WWE and appear to be a plausible excuse for a professional wrestler.

I honestly never got his appeal, in NXT or anywhere. I didn't hate him, but I was very "whatever" about him. His matches were "blah", and his promos were like watching Road Dogg attempt to read a Dr. Seuss story out loud after suffering a massive stroke.

I wasn't happy that he got hurt, but it was a little eye-opening. Enzo's Wikipedia page mentioned that he started wrestling with absolutely no training. I sincerely hoped that he got better, but wasn't anxious to see him return to the ring.

It really doesn't surprise me that Steve Austin is an Enzo mark. I give Steve his due for essentially winning the Monday Night Wars, but when it comes to scouting talent he's no better than Vince Russo. I remember Steve putting on his "I'm an angry badass and I hate everyone" mask when he hosted Tough Enough, and he turned that show into an idiot circus that produced Stone Cold's "who the fuck is that?" winning pick of Joshua Bredl. Apparently acting like a piece of shit all the time is something that Steve can easily relate to, so Steve and Enzo have become kindred spirits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back