[VIDEO] The Best of Jim Cornette

enviousdominous

Behold my diction
I admit, I'm a Jim Cornette guy. Sure, sometimes he goes too far. He needlessly annihilates any chance that he may ever have of entering the HOF by constantly attacking the character of Kevin Dunn. He also has a vendetta against Kevin Owens (maybe he just hates Kevins) because Kevin told him that his "border wars" angle was a stupid idea (which it most certainly was).

I love Jim's gift of gab, and I also love the wealth of first-hand experience that he has had when dealing with the weirdest occurrences in all of prowrestling. Most of us know of when Jim literally scared the shit out of Brock Lesnar by saying in a dead serious tone that he would shoot him, but some gems seem to have fallen through the cracks.

I'll share my favorite of his recollections, and a few more later on if the feeling hits me.

My absolute favorite is Jim talking about the time that Austin Idol won a battle royal, earned a kayfabe check for $5,000, and then deposited it.

I can't even begin to describe how epic that level of trolling was on part of Austin Idol.

The promoter probably shouldn't have signed the check with his actual signature.

It's just insane to me that there was a time when the regional structure of prowrestling was so uncoordinated that someone could essentially extort $5,000 from a territory and then turn around and work for a different territory with what seems to have been absolutely no repercussions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back