Vince McMahon and the Stage Collapse

jpfizzle

Pre-Show Stalwart
BEGIN THE SPECULATION IN HERE!

NO SPOILERS IF THERE EVER ANNOUNCED PLEASE!

Well after the epic end to monday night RAW lets all discuss who tried to kill Vince McMahon and the whole situation... A similar thing was tried last year with the limosuine accident but this one in my opinion came off much better and although still slightly ridiculous does lead to some intriguing WWE television.

I put this in here as I hope that the storyline spreads across the whole of the WWE, if indeed it only plays out on RAW feel free to move this to another home, I'm hoping this will be the first of its kind however if someone beats me to it I am also happy to have this merged.

THE SUSPECTS!!

The Undertaker: Off WWE television for a while, what better way than to come back and try and kill his old boss... trying to take "the higher power" yes we have seen the ministry of darkness before but no one sees it coming and Ministry = Ratings.

Shane Mcmahon / Stephanie Mcmahon: Getting Daddy out the way so they can get there cut, preductable but is it time for one or both to move up and lead the WWE into the next generation of McMahon, surely everything there is to be done with Vince has been done.

Stone Cold Steve Austin: Austin and McMahon mark 2... unlikely and its been done before but as the rattlesnake one said, everyone is guilty untill proven innocent.

Paul Heyman/ Eric Bischoff: Revenge angle, could Paul Heyman have seen enough with ECW only getting a single pick, is he ready to take back whats his: ECW! and do it by taking Vince out the picture. Or is Bischoff ready to resurrect WCW or try and take control of the WWE

Triple H and Shawn Michaels: Are they ready to take the WWE??

Ric Flair: Another one who can no longer wrestle so could he try and take Vince out to take control of the WWE, a good reason for him to be at RAW and only used for that single WOOOOOOO!

Possible Outcomes:

A new all be it kayfabe owner of WWE??

Pandamonium as everyone from all 3 brands is now a suspect.

Is it one man or a number of men who want to take out the chairmen... a new stable the fans have been asking for?

Vince called Triple H "Paul" a great touch, everyone knows Paul Levasque is Triple H

WOW! DISCUSS DISCUSS DISSCUSS!!

You are forgetting the most important one....

Tazz: Tazz was pissed the entire night with the way ECW was getting shafted. Now this could be one of two things, 1. He was kept in the dark about the moves, still feels in his heart that ECW is a legit brand, and was legitimately upset that his brand is made to look weaker and weaker as the years go on.

or 2). he was working the crowd and workign us into believing he was shooting on camera throughout the whole night. Throwing down his headset in the middle of the main event probably won't win him brownie points in the office. This would be a helluva way to make ECW a rogue brand, and a seperate entity once more.

After monday night raw there were a few clues to vince really being hurt

Wrestlers: All the wrestlers went to help him. If it was Storyline wouldn't the faces like Cena and Trips have blown him off.

"Paul....Paul" He called triple h Paul which is his real name. If this was storyline wouldn't he have called him Hunter?

Im pretty convinced that maybe he was really hurt. Just for those above reasons. But i want to hear your point of views.

After monday night raw there were a few clues to vince really being hurt

Wrestlers: All the wrestlers went to help him. If it was Storyline wouldn't the faces like Cena and Trips have blown him off.

"Paul....Paul" He called triple h Paul which is his real name. If this was storyline wouldn't he have called him Hunter?

Im pretty convinced that maybe he was really hurt. Just for those above reasons. But i want to hear your point of views.

That was the whole point... To sell it to the fans, make them believe it was real... It was obvious to me that it was set-up because, I mean, come on, isn't it quite a coincidence that it happens as RAW is going off the air?

It is an angle...

It's definently kayfabe the cameras would have turned away so quick (Owen Hart anyone?) Him calling HHH Paul is just away to bring the realism back into it I see HHH being traded back to Raw and take over Raw and stop pretending to not be family (everyone already knows) It will end with the return of a disgruntled ex employee making a huge return (Hassan, Undertaker, Heyman) The possibilities are endless with this storyline as stupid as it could turn out this is just what they need to boost the ratings

Why would they have blown it off? Isn't the whole idea to make the "assassination attempt" look as realistic as possible? (well, at least what counts as real for wrestling) In order to sell it as being legit (which of course, it isn't) of course the wrestlers are going to go help him....Calling Triple H "Paul" only adds to the realism of the angle...If Vince legitimately got hurt, it would have been because he did the stunt improperly, fell wrong, hit his head on something, completely accidentally, NOT as a result of the set really collapsing on him...This is a 100% work. Its just like the limo blowing up, but this one came across significantly better.

As for motivation to kill Vince? Who would have the biggest problems with Vince giving away a million dollars each week? Perhaps Shane and Stephanie McMahon, mad that dear old dad is giving away their inheritance? (although, this would mostly have to be Shane, since Stephanie is very pregnant, and probably unwilling to appear on TV) OR, perhaps it is HHH, who, since Vince isn't in condition to run the WWE..."temporarily" takes over the company, as his son-in-law (they finally outright admit it, rather than just joking about it) and effectively negates his own drafting to Smackdown....

Or...going with an as yet unknown kayfabe owner...my guess would be Ted DiBiase, mad that Vince wouldn't sell the company to him, attempts a "hostile" takeover, or something like that.

Eliminating family or hostile takeover angles, the only thing that really would make sense is the return of the Undertaker, pissed off, taking no prisoners.

hey guys im new to the forum. Just thought i'd add my 2 cents in on this one.. I think its a storyline and i'm shocked noone has realized that its exactly a year since the last "Assisination attempt" on vince's life with the Limo explosion. Vince seemed to be into that storyline last year before the whole benoit incident so maybe he decided to start it up again this summer.

I think this was great. I was unexpected but yes it's totally like the limo angle from almost exactly a year ago. I think it's just a way to end the giveaway. Other than that I'd say it's an eventual Undertaker return. Overall it was a great way to end the show and godo add ins with "Paul" and everyone trying to help out. Though I thought it was a little risky especially with the initial light falling.

Why would Vince break kayfabe by calling HHH by his given name of Paul? I don't get it.

Otherwise, we have ourselves our first GIGANTIC ANGLE in forever!

Top 3 Candidates for who's getting Ginormous push of 2008:

1. Mr. Kennedy. He is in dire need of being a top guy, and this will make him a HUGINORMOUS Heel when this is all over

2. Cena. IT'S ABOUT TIME HE TURNED HEEL. I'd respect him like hell if he did this. Sure his merch sells to the kids, but this would make him multi-dimensional.

3. "The" Tazz. One member here said it here before me, but I'm guessing creative has even more in store for him if he wants to move up and away from the joke that is Mike Adamle and current ECW product. I can see Tazz coming back for one last run, and come back to what got him his name in the first place.

Well this is probably completely wrong, but I want to say Finlay
Finlay never did really get back at Vince after the tough love Hornswoggle thing. Again please don't rip on me for this I know its not possible but I am saying it would be awesome to see. I think that at wrestlemania it would have been better if they had Finlay vs Vince McMahon, with Finlay winning.

I like the falling, but with the way things fell, there was pretty much no possible way, anything could of even hit him, the leg of the sign hit the railing were the floor fell, and Vince was on the side to be completley out of harms way. want to bring back realisim, remove simple details like that.

Overall, i would like the culprit to be the undertaker, its a way to bring him back to raw, and i like when the undertaker feuds with vince. its made for decent feuds in the past, and has been awhile since it was done so it could create some intresting story lines.

The first thing I thought of was "uh oh, the last time they tried this angle, Benoit killed everyone".

Clearly, its an angle. They need to figure out better ways to make us suspend our disbelief. Any idiot knows that those fake little pops and sparks from the pyro aren't how it would really go down as they look so cheap.

Suspects:

1. Jim Ross - He legitimately did it because he was so pissed off haha. J/k, obviously.

2. Shane and/or Stephanie - They were supposed to be two people involved in the limo death angle. This could be a storyline of them trying to make sure Vince doesn't give away all their inheritance.

3. Kennedy - I don't see it happening. I think they want to keep him face for a little while. If anybody is turning heel that's face right now, its Punk, HHH, or most likely Batista as he'd balance out the monster heel on Raw now that Umaga is gone.

This is actually pretty funny. Go to ww.com and watch the "tragedy" video. At about 49 seconds look at the bottom of the leg to the right that is holding up the dollar sign. You can very clearly see and hear the lever that is pulled that brings down the sign. It's pretty funny.

The first thing I thought of was "uh oh, the last time they tried this angle, Benoit killed everyone".

Clearly, its an angle. They need to figure out better ways to make us suspend our disbelief. Any idiot knows that those fake little pops and sparks from the pyro aren't how it would really go down as they look so cheap.

Suspects:

1. Jim Ross - He legitimately did it because he was so pissed off haha. J/k, obviously.

2. Shane and/or Stephanie - They were supposed to be two people involved in the limo death angle. This could be a storyline of them trying to make sure Vince doesn't give away all their inheritance.

3. Kennedy - I don't see it happening. I think they want to keep him face for a little while. If anybody is turning heel that's face right now, its Punk, HHH, or most likely Batista as he'd balance out the monster heel on Raw now that Umaga is gone.

Bolded #1- I thought the same thing, and also had a good chuckle at this (the quote, not the event).

Bolded #2- Although I feel as if this is the return of the Undertaker, the fact that WWE made an announcement that they're suspending the Million Dollar Giveaway makes the family angle much more likely. To be honest, Shane McMahon annoys the crap out of me, especially when we're expected to believe he can actually fight. I love Steph, but since she is pregnant I doubt they'd bring her into this. Odds are it's going to be Shane, or maybe even Linda.

I'm waiting for the haters to come out and say how dumb this was. I myself thought it was a great idea. Its a hell of a lot better than a limo exploding. Vince is still alive but now he can't feel his legs. Strangely compelling in my opinion.

I loved the way they played it off as a real event. With Triple H getting called by his first name of Paul (Great Touch) and then the whole WWE locker room coming out and trying to help Vince. It gave a feeling of this being totally real even though we know its not. Now the real question is how did it happen or better yet who. Undertaker is a great choice as are Shane and Stephanie. Triple H could be another good option. With that beind said I personally can't wait to see how this is going to play out.

Easy, this angle was a work, but it was pretty well done. Having the wrestlers break kayfabe (ie Edge and Cena frantically working side by side, when they just had a match less than an hour before) and Vince calling HHH by his real name was a nice touch.

This is the way I see it, if this injury was legit, I don't think the WWE would have shown it on TV. Much like the Owen Hart incident, they probably would have tried to minimize it. And if this was a legit injury, more than likely we'd hear something about it on the news, which I have yet to hear anything

Does anyone else think this could be in some way linked to Regal? McMahon had him put in a 'Loser gets Fired' match with kennedy, which he lost, just as he had become King of the WWE. This could all be a way of paving Regals return. And of course we all know (supposedly) that Kennedy was originally supposed to have been revealed as Vince's son, so maybe they'll revisit that storyline, have Kennedy revealed as Vince's son, Regal returns and is revealed as the would-be assasin, and thus feuling further the Regal/Kennedy feud. Or maybe Regal orchestrated it but Paul Burchill and kaite lea carried it out on his behalf. Thoughts?

================EDIT=============
Just thinking about it, with kennedy moving to Smackdown I guess everything i've just suggested is pointless! I cant believe they are ending that whole feud there, but I cant see how they would continue it with the brand split, unless Vince Becomes Smackdown GM after Vickie, and Regal and Burchill turn up there? Who knows.

I just want to point somthing out that I don't think was a good idea with this angle that I don't think anyone else noticed, and I'm sorry if this seems spammy, but I bring up a good point.

What happened last night was basically, the stage fell apart and somthing fell on Vince. It would have been a great idea on their behlaf if they didn't try somthing simaler last year, but there is one other HUGE thing that comes to my mind right now... Didn't someone working with TNA actually die in a simaler way a few weeks back? Having a part of the stage fall from onder them or somthing? I know this wasn't the point of last night, but if this gets noticed by too many people, heres another crappy angle to look at people bitch about...

hey guys, this is my first time posting on here but i watch over this place every day..........

just wanted to let u guys know, vince must be ok and that this would definately have been a work. If you watch the video of the accident on wwe.com, it is evident that it is a setup...

when vince gets back on his feet after falling through the stage, a close up of vinces back is shown and you can see a hinge release at the bottom of the rafter holding the dollar bill sign (that crushes vince) up. It simply releases and falls at a normal pace. So vince is ok and did a great job of selling the injury, as did the wrestlers who went and tried to save him.

as for the storyline, im hoping it was shane o mac trying to rid the world of his father and take his place at the wwe throne

thanx..:headbanger:

p.s - sorry if this was already told by some1 else and im just repeating them, i just happened to notice it and thought it would be cool to share with everyone..cheers

I don't know where they're going with this, and I don't care. Thankfully, it will mean the end of Million Dollar Madness (or whatever it was called), which is the most important thing. It's been a dismal flop - particularly dismal from my point of view, since, being in the UK, I won't get anything even assuming it wasn't all fake - which it likely was anyway. This "McMahon disabled" angle gets them out of that elegantly and should, some intelligence being present, set up some nice new storylines. Too early to predict what those are, but somehow I'd be surprised if it turns out to be Taker's doing. That doesn't really fit with how his character has been booked recently, unless they want to...not turn him heel, but make him a lot darker.

I am automatically inclined to rule out Jim Ross as a suspect, on the grounds that from the time he got drafted to the time of the "accident", there is simply no way the WWE could expect us to believe that somehow JR was capable of rigging the light to fall, the stage to collapse, and the steel prop to fall down, in plain sight of the entire arena. Its just totally unbelievable, even for wrestling. It would have to be someone who could have rigged it before RAW ever began, which would rule out it being the result of someone pissed about being traded, so no JR.

There a suspect you guys have ignored. Chris Jericho! Think about it. The battle royal had the top superstars,but no Y2J. He also wasn't there after Vince crash,plus we know he's got an evil streak considering what he did to HBK. Plus remeber he hates liars and people who do wrong. To Jericho, Vince is another HBK.

Ok im new to this forum stuff. But this angle seems....uh.....weak. It seems like everything about the WWE is weak now. There is nothing new. No good matches. No one who wrestles real matches and no good writers. This is just more terrible writing and really bad production.

Anyone who thinks that Vince McMahon is gonna really endanger himself for an angle needs to get their head checked. I know it's fake and its a soap opera for kids and grown men and women who like guys in tights, but cant you atleast keep us guessing?

I also understand that they are looking for ratings but, cant you do that by giving us actual wrestling matches?

I may be off topic but I cant be the only one who thinks wrestling sucks nowadays.

A personal opinion here, but I like these kinds of angles on wrestling. I like the mysteriousness of them and the suspense and drama it brings. I may be a minority, but I love this angle so far.

It looked very legit because of the wrestlers reactions to what happened. i thought it was very well done.

Now what will come of this? Hopefully WWE does this right and doesn't mess this up. I've been waiting for an opening for the Undertaker to come back and this might just be it. I also agree with alot of people talking about Shane and Stephanie. They could say that they are pissed at their dad for giving away their inheritance money and that they stopped him because he wouldn't stop himself. I don't see this being someone retaliating from being drafted because the time frame wouldn't work. If they don't know their being drafted, then they can't logically set up this "accident" in time.

Either way, this got my attention and can't wait for the weeks building up to the culprit.

I think it being Taker that caused the 'accident' is a good idea, but one that comes with all kinds of problems as a storyline.

Would Taker suffer from the 'Hulk Hogan effect'? In other words, no matter how hard WWE tries to make him a heel again, the fans just won't take to it. It goes without saying that you couldn't really have a good guy paralyzing Vince, WWE fans aren't that crazy!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vince start calling Taker 'Mark' at some point during the Ministry storyline? That would tie-in with him calling HHH 'Paul' last night.

If it IS Taker though, I hope the angle doesn't follow a similar line as the Ministry, with Vince being behind 'the work' all along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back