Viscerally Disturbing, Round 1: Inside vs. Street Trash

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Inside

• Street Trash

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Inside (2007, Directed by Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo)

inside.jpg

Synopsis: An emo photographer and mother-to-be is stalked by a woman dressed in black on Christmas Eve.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Because it's short, effective, well-made, and delivers on the red stuff.

Key Disturbing Moment: The ending, where the woman in black cuts the protagonist's baby right out of her stomach with a pair of scissors.

vs.

Street Trash (1987, Directed by J. Michael Muro)

st.jpg

Synopsis: Members of a junkyard colony of winos turn into rubbery, green-, yellow-, and blue-pus piles after imbibing the bargain value Tenafly Viper at the local liquor store.

Why This Film Was Chosen: It's a nasty little film, and it's also a criminally underrated and unknown gem that I hope people will watch after reading about it here.

Key Disturbing Moment: Whilst taking a piss, one of the hobo colonists gets his wang cut off and his fellow residents play hot potato with it.​

Admittedly, I have never seen Street Trash 2, but it looks like cheesy eighties awesomeness, but nothing really disturbing. I mean, sure there's a scene where homeless people play catch with someone's genitally, but reading it... it comes across as they're were trying to do it in a comedic fashion, not actually trying to freak you out. Then again... I haven't seen it, so I could be wrong. I'm sure Tdigs will correct me if I am.

Anyways, Inside... brutal and grotesque. That's the best way to describe it. It's truly one of the most disturbing movies you'll ever see, and in my opinion it's a darkhorse to win this entire tournament. Or at least certainly get past a film hardly anyone has seen, let alone one that looks to be more comedic than actually disturbing. I just don't see how there's anything in Street Trash that could shake me up like Inside did.

So, yeah... Inside undoubtedly gets my vote here.

Inside. The thought of seeing a pregnant woman's baby cut from her stomach with scissors is enough to get my vote. The pure brutality behind an action like that and the rationalization to show it on film. I can't say to much but, baby killing with scissors is wrong. Vote goes to Inside.

I voted for Street Trash. Granted, I saw Street Trash when I was 13 and I saw Inside when I was 23 or 24, so it goes without saying that I'd pretty much seen it all by the time Inside became available on American DVD. However, Street Trash is the kind of film someone like Spike Jonze or Michel Gondry would make if they were told to make a horror film with only a million dollar budget. Inside's the kind of film that would give someone nightmares, but Street Trash is the kind of film that would have them running for the trashcan. Since I place more value on someone vomiting from a film than having a bad dream over it, I went with Street Trash.

Ok i decided to watch Street Thrash before casting my vote and seriously there is no competitio here.

Street Thrash to me isn't even that bad. I didn't find it interesting in the least. Sure the comedic bits are good and some of the deaths are quite gross. I found more disgusting than disturbing.

Inside is a brilliant film. It brings you straight to the action from the get go. The opening scene puzzled me from the begining as i didn't understand exactly what it meant. The woman in black disturbed me for weeks and i often couldn't get to sleep when i thought of her. I found the explanation plausible and the scene where the cop(Who was slightly brain damaged due to the woman used the riot gun and shot him in the head.) beat the pregnant woman savagely to be disturbing also. The movie was awesome and is a staple in my brothers horror collection.

My vote would've went to Inside hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back