Watching Summerslam 94

Disturbed

Championship Contender
On WWE Classics on demand. I am almost done as I am watching the main event. It's the Undertaker vs The Fake Undertaker. Here are the results.

Bam Bam Bigelow & Irwin R. Schyster def. The Headshrinkers by disqualification

Women’s Championship Match
Alundra Blayze def. Bull Nakano to retain

Intercontinental Championship Match
Razor Ramon def. Diesel to become new champion

Tatanka def. Lex Luger

Jeff Jarrett def. Mabel

Steel Cage WWE Championship Match
Bret “Hit Man” Hart def. Owen Hart to retain

Undertaker def. Undertaker

I skipped the divas match but everything else seemed really good, especially the Bret/Owen Steel Cage. I have never seen it before and it was pretty awesome.

I recomend this pay per view to all wrestling fans.

Undertaker def. Undertaker eh? Doesn't give too much away, I like it!
Jarrett and Mabel sounds like a barrel of laughs, well only if Mabel went for a leg-drop, botched it and changed time.

The first ppv I was in attendance for. Awesome cage match. You shouldn't have skipped the women's match. It was actually one of the better women's matches WWE has ever had.

Waaaaait a minute. Aren't both of you ('eddytiger' and The Disturbed) apart of "The Kings of Old School?" And neither of you had seen something as early as Summerslam 1994? When did you guys actually start watching wrestling?

Yeah you should never have skipped the Bull Nakano-Alundra Blayze match, one of the best women's matches in WWE history and about 12,000 times better than any modern diva match. I'm almost insulted that you even called it a divas match. Bull Nakano is the furthest thing from a diva possible.

Good show, just reviewed this two weeks ago. Main event isn't quite as good as their 'Mania match, but it's still nearly perfect.

And a big pfffftt at this whole "Kings of Old School" shit. You should probably, you know, be well versed in old school wrestling before making that claim. You guys have probably never even seen a Mid-South match.

Waaaaait a minute. Aren't both of you ('eddytiger' and The Disturbed) apart of "The Kings of Old School?" And neither of you had seen something as early as Summerslam 1994? When did you guys actually start watching wrestling?

I watch shit earlier than 94 all the time. That was just the first time I have seen that pay per view.

I thought it was a good show, but Taker vs. Taker shouldn't have gone on last. The cage match was great, and I really enjoyed the Tatanka vs Lex Luger match a lot if it's the match I'm thinking about.

On a side note, I know this is completely off topic, but am I the only person who thinks the Ladder Match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon from SummerSlam 1995 is better than their WrestleMania match?

I thought it was a good show, but Taker vs. Taker shouldn't have gone on last. The cage match was great, and I really enjoyed the Tatanka vs Lex Luger match a lot if it's the match I'm thinking about.

You sure? That was a pretty lame match, but the angle was awesome with Tatanka's heel turn swerve.

On a side note, I know this is completely off topic, but am I the only person who thinks the Ladder Match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon from SummerSlam 1995 is better than their WrestleMania match?

You are not, I've been saying that for years.

You sure? That was a pretty lame match, but the angle was awesome with Tatanka's heel turn swerve.

I think it was the heel turn I liked so much. It's really the only part of the match I remember, so I guess I assumed the whole match was that good.

You are not, I've been saying that for years.

Ok, good. I was afraid I was going to be criticized for saying that. Their second Ladder Match was all kinds of awesome.

From an in-ring perspective it's definitely the better match. Better worked, bigger spots, longer, probably better crowd reaction too. It just wasn't the first, so it doesn't get the same 5 star love that the WMX one does.

I always liked it more too because Shawn won and I was an HBK mark as a kid.

Why do they say that the Wrestlemania 10 match was the first one in wwe history but Bret and Shawn had one in 92?

Why do they say that the Wrestlemania 10 match was the first one in wwe history but Bret and Shawn had one in 92?

Because that was the first "official" ladder match. The Bret/Shawn match was released eventually on a random Coliseum Home Video, but it never aired on television or PPV so they didn't count it.

Neither were the first ladder matches anyways, Stampede used to have ladder matches all the way back to the 70s, it's where Bret got the idea from to pitch to Vince.

I think I remember a ladder match between Jake Roberts and Junkyard Dog from Stampede Wrestling.

Yep, it's on the WWE's Ladder Match DVD actually. Well clips of it atleast, not the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back