Way To Bury The Entire Locker Room Vince

So sting jobs out to every jackass on the roster but a 50 something Goldberg who was never good in ring gets to destroy THE BEAST!
No amount of steroid can cover old age, his moves looked awkward.
Even if Brock beats goldberg at some other ppv it'll never make up for the damage done last night.
Well done Vince.

And they say the IWC is overdramatic...

9 of WWE's top stars (and Shane) got an hour, and all came out of it looking better than they went in. Angles progressed, epic spots were delivered, and they even managed to undo some shitty Wyatt booking.

Meanwhile, Lesnar vs. Goldberg was the first piece of character development Lesnar has gotten in ages. He came in overconfident, try to use the same strategy of overpowering and overwhelming on the one guy who is as powerful as he is, and paid for it. It was fun. And it humanises Lesnar so he can put younger guys over.

To the people complaining now, where were you when old man Taker took Lesnar to the limit on multiple occasions last year? Or when The Rock beat John Cena at Wrestlemania?

Fact is, every guy in the elimination match walked out looking like stars. Lesnar lost because of his flaws. And now WWE has 2 god tier characters in Lesnar and Goldberg that can eventually help put over someone younger. I know, y'all wanted Lesnar vs. Goldberg to go on for 20 minutes. But hey, you can't always get what you want. We live in an era where we can separate the OP from the other stars. That's why we've tolerated Taker for so long.

Because it shows that Brock isn't unbeatable, better than having him lose to a young guy would.

Think of it this way. Let's say Samoa Joe had debuted on the main roster, and he was the guy who beat Brock Lesnar tonight. What does that say? Beginner's luck? Anyone can get lucky on any given night.

But Goldberg...this is a guy who's now beaten Brock Lesnar, clean, in the middle of the ring, twice. He's the guy that Brock CAN'T beat. That makes Lesnar's mystique of being invincible go away, and that's a good thing.

I understand your point. We'll see how it plays out.

I still would have had Brocks 1st loss in years come against a guy the WWE was trying to make into a big star. Even if that guy flops after beating Brock, I still think it ends up meaning the same thing as Goldberg beating him. Because that has no long term implications at all.

Yes, bury entire locker room by even giving Lame Wyatt PPV win. I kinda feel like its one of those troll WWE PPVs where everything doesnt really makes sense. The New Day and American Alpha eliminated but Cesaro's team still standing, Roman taking final pin to Wyatt in a match where I am sure Shane O Mac got pretty much killed in process(btw havent heard a word for that thing) and even Goldberg pulling upset with final match.

At the end of the day it doesnt really mather. Does anybody remember how Cena lost entire year at PPV matches(heck, he even lost to Johnny Ace) but in that streak he managed to win against returning Lesnar? Does anybody remember that same Lesnar losing against HHH at Mania a year before he ended that same glorified Streak everybody rant about? Next major PPV will come, Lesnar will get his win back and everything will be in order. Only now you maybe have Goldberg who can also come once in a while and lose to someone like Strowman and be legit contender, not just some washed up old man in return. Because read on main page that he agreed to work multiple matches so its pretty much set in stone that we will see him again to give that win back to Lesnar or to anyone else.

I was expecting this reaction from a part of the IWC because in this day and age, if you don't push a guy that they like, they will complain that it was the wrong move and that vince as buried the entire roster. Sadly they don't care about the bigger picture or how he business work. The reason vince is a billionnaire and those complaining are not Is that vince always does what's best for business.

did goldberg destroying lesnar made sense, out of context hell no, but when you look at the bigger picture, you see that it makes totally sense. It give lesnar another layer to his character which he really needed because it was starting to get stail. Plus nobody on the current roster or nxt roster would have been believable in a competitive match with lesnar. That way it makes lesnar seem.more human and now after he finally beat goldberg in their rematch, it will make lesnar look even more like a monster.

This is just another chapter in the story between those 2 and plus I got a great reaction with the live crowd plus it got peoples talking so for thoses complaining about how this buried all the top talents in wwe, get over it, it was just a match and a great way to end a ppv which they didn't do in a very long time.

Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series tonight in less than 90 seconds. The entire match consisted of Lesnar picking Goldberg up & slamming him into a corner, Goldberg no selling, shoving Lesnar onto the mat, hitting him with a spear with Lesnar selling it like he'd just gotten gut shot with a shotgun, and Goldberg delivering a jackhammer for the three count. The result is that Vince McMahon ultimately just made pretty much every guy in WWE look like crap compared to a guy who not only hasn't wrestled in some 12 years, but was never all that good at it in the first place.

If Vince McMahon set out to make every major star in WWE of the past 15 years impotent, he couldn't have succeeded better tonight if Lesnar had went into the match hogtied and blindfolded. It's not that Goldberg won the match so much in that...well it was a friggin' squash match for God's sake. A squash match in which he decimated the guy who came out on top in feuds against Taker, Rock, Edge, Angle, Big Show, Triple H, CM Punk, Randy Orton, the Wyatt Family, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose.

Oh how very sad this post this. This is the WWE, the king of story telling and last night told a great story - the unbeatable became the beatable.

Why do dorks like you and the others on this thread want to believe that WWE is legit and the matches are not scripted? You seriously need to start questioning yourself with posts like this.

If anything this makes WWE more legit. Last night was a shock and shows that Brock is human afterall - just like Cono McGregor, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson etc etc.

Just sit back and enjoy the story.

I loved Survivor Series and this result. I loved unpinnable Brock but they let it go on for too long and it fizzled out. After his amazing matches at RR and with Reigns at WM31 I was HYPED in regards to Lesnar.

But after that what did he do? A decent feud with Taker but then some crap with Wyatt and then the shit match with Ambrose at WM32. Lesnar became far less interesting and WWE had booked themselves into a corner with him. This was a great way of getting out of that corner! I now have interest in Brock (and of course Goldberg!) again.

So sting jobs out to every jackass on the roster but a 50 something Goldberg who was never good in ring gets to destroy THE BEAST!
No amount of steroid can cover old age, his moves looked awkward.
Even if Brock beats goldberg at some other ppv it'll never make up for the damage done last night.
Well done Vince.

Sting got a huge match at Wrestlemania and headlined a PPV with a shot at the title. He lost to a legend in Triple H and one of the companies top stars in Seth Rollins. That isnt jobbing to every jackass on the roster.

I loved it! I loved watching Vince Russo's creation Goldberg absolutely manhandle and destroy Vince McMahon's creation Lesnar. The ultimate payoff is watching all you whiney WWE fanboys snivel like little bitches! Love it!

I loved it! I loved watching Vince Russo's creation Goldberg absolutely manhandle and destroy Vince McMahon's creation Lesnar. The ultimate payoff is watching all you whiney WWE fanboys snivel like little bitches! Love it!

So...you approve of the main event of WWE Survivor Series 2016, brought to you by Vince McMAhon.

I would bet cash on the fact that Brock Lesnar was involved in the decision making process of this finish. There's a report out that states that Brock sees "money" in a Goldberg feud and I am inclined to believe it, otherwise we would never have gotten the finish that we got last night. I'm of the opinion that a rematch, while very likely to happen, is not needed at this point. Instead of going the usual route of: Goldberg beats Brock, Brock beats Goldberg, Brock beats Goldberg, and on we go, there are other, more interesting routes that WWE can go. However, I don't think Vince and Co. look at Brock the same way that the fans (or internet fans) do.

Everybody thought that Brock ended Taker's streak so he could go on and pass the torch to a younger guy, but the thing is, Brock has never been used that way other than in his match with Roman Reigns. I wholly believe that match at Mania 31 was supposed to be the payoff but the fans forced WWE to change on the fly. That was the only time Brock was on the verge of losing to an unmade wrestler. Other than that, let's look at the people Brock has faced since he beat Taker at Mania: Cena, Rollins (World title match), Taker, Ambrose, Orton, and Goldberg. Other than Ambrose at Mania, these are all money matches. That's what Brock Lesnar is. He's a one night, money match attraction. He's not here to benefit the long term. He's here to make the WWE quick money and put them in the news.

EDIT: I'm not saying Lesnar won't eventually pass the torch to someone down the line, but that likely won't happen until he decides to call it quits, which could be years from now.

That's the whole problem. The problem isn't that Lesnar needs to "get his heat back." It's that Brock Lesnar, who for the last 2-3 years has been booked as an untouchable, unstoppable monster, just got squashed like the old Brooklyn Brawler by Goldberg. NExt to Goldberg, Lesnar is trash.

Which makes everyone that Lesnar beat EXTRa trash.

Funny how people now say this about Brock Lesnar, but REFUSE to acknowledge that Lesnar repeatedly destroying The Undertaker did enormous amounts of damage to Taker's career. Talk about hypocritical.

I was there last night, and when the bell rang you could have knocked the audience over with a feather, we were all so shocked that the unbeatable Brock Lesnar had just been taken to the woodshed. We loved it. The crowd went nuts for Goldberg even before the match started.

No idea why it was booked that way, but Lesnar has been taken down a peg or two and now is not seen as the unbeatable monster he was in the past. When you have to bring a guy in that hasn't wrestled for 12 years in a WWE ring, this is what happens.

Funny how people now say this about Brock Lesnar, but REFUSE to acknowledge that Lesnar repeatedly destroying The Undertaker did enormous amounts of damage to Taker's career. Talk about hypocritical.

Oh for crying out loud he beat Undertaker two years ago, get the hell over it. You are the only person who sees Taker as a failure now, no one else does.

Oh for crying out loud he beat Undertaker two years ago, get the hell over it. You are the only person who sees Taker as a failure now, no one else does.

That's because I see it for what it is, and nobody else does. What I can't understand is why they feel this situation is somehow subject to completely different rules.

That's because I see it for what it is, and nobody else does. What I can't understand is why they feel this situation is somehow subject to completely different rules.

:wtf:

You sound absolutely ridiculous. Brock Lesnar ending the streak was working out pretty well and Brock's booking has been great.... until last night.
Brock should not have lost until a Wrestlemania, and it sure as shit shouldn't have been to Goldberg. The funny part is WWE is finally getting to a point where they could have started to think about putting someone up and coming over Lesnar at Wrestlemania 34.
There is a world where I could see Balor going over at WM34 and the crowd loving it despite his small size (The Demon gimmick helps balance out his size so he is still a threat)

I honestly can't believe how they badly they fucked this up....

Disclaimer: Not trying to say OMG FINN BALOR HAD TO BEAT BROCK. I'm just trying to get the point across that I think WWE were starting to finally have a few candidates for who they could give the mega rub to.

I've never said "meh" with more emphasis. MEH!

Casual marks like me don't compute statistics based on win/loss scenarios and use that data to determine the worth of a performer or to criticize the creative minds behind the curtain.

Brock is indicative of the Demigod named Achilles. He'll obliterate legends like a badass, unless someone can halt his momentum early by targeting his weak-point. Brock's weak-point is his gut, and at this point his character likely forgot to plan for Goldberg being the type of character who targets that area specifically for one of his biggest moves. It reminds one of when Alistair Overeem took out Brock with one liver kick.

Goldberg was coming back after a 12 year hiatus, which made Brock think that he could easily intimidate and overpower him. As it turns out, Goldberg hadn't lost his ring dynamic of being able to go from 0 to 60 in a nano-second and hoist three hundred pound men into the air like they're a bag of groceries.

I had to catch the match on a replay this morning, and I had to rewind a few times because I'd keep getting distracted for a second and I'd miss the actual pin.

Brock would still be doing a solid for a young performer if he laid down for them, I don't think that his reputation has diminished for being squashed by Goldberg. The roster that's being cited as having been buried (Jack; I thought you hated that term) already has their own accolades to carry their reputations, or they still have a good 15-20 years left. John Cena is going to be the next Bruno Sammartino, Seth Rollins is doing well in his anti-hero role, Dean Ambrose is loveable because he's Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns' career will last longer than all of our life expectancies combined.

Nobody was buried because, fuck it, it was Goldberg afterall.

For those of you who are "pro-Goldberg", let me ask you this. Did you enjoy that match? Do you wish to see Goldberg continue with matches like this? This has got to be the worst match of all the matches in recent dates. It feels like you're robbed of your anticipation. Can you even call it a match? Spear, spear, jackhammer, done. If this is a one-off Goldberg's appearance, it makes even less sense to have booked it the way it is.

For those of you who are "pro-Goldberg", let me ask you this. Did you enjoy that match? Do you wish to see Goldberg continue with matches like this? This has got to be the worst match of all the matches in recent dates. It feels like you're robbed of your anticipation. Can you even call it a match? Spear, spear, jackhammer, done. If this is a one-off Goldberg's appearance, it makes even less sense to have booked it the way it is.

Ironically this is how people feel about Brock Lesnar matches. Suplex, Suplex, F5.

No, nothing changes the past. LEsnar going over the Undertaker reduces the credibility of Undertaker 2015-16, but doesn't take away anything from Undertaker before five or so years ago. Hogan could get squashed at Mania next year by Finn Balor--that doesnt erase Hulkamania or the NWO.

The problem with Lesnar beating Undertaker wasn't that someone beat the Undertaker, it was that it was the wrong guy.

The more I think about this, I'm starting to think Vince sees this very differently than we do. Maybe Lesnar-the-special-attractioin and Undertaker-the-special-attraction don't really exist in the same kayfabe universe anymore. So the idea that Goldberg could come out and squash Styles, Owens, Balor, Jericho, Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins week after week 1998-style isn't a problem--think of the Goldberg-Lesnar show as just being a different show than Raw or Smackdown.

Um, because people get old? Undertaker is around 50 years old. He's not physically what he was at 40 or 30. AFAIK, I don't think we're still supposed to believe he's an undead monster not subject to aging, so there's no logical contradiction between him getting brutalized by former WWE former UFC NCAA wrestling champion Brock Lesnar in 2016 and him going toe to toe with or annhiliating anyone in the Attitude Era or even 5 years ago. Plenty of athletes maintain at a high level years past the normal prime for the sport--and then seem to get old all at once. Happens all the time. Derek Jeter. Alex Rodriguez. One year, defying Father Time and playing at an MVP level. Next year, complete waste of a roster spot.

Your plot hole is resolved by the simple statement: "Now he's old." For years, he was able to summon up unique reserves of courage and determination and whatnot at Wrestlemania, but that was not enough against Lesnar, the new king-of-the-mountain new baddest dude around etc.

There is no conspiracy. No burial. It's simple:

Brock took Goldberg lightly and that's the story of the match. He made a mistake early on in the natch and Bill punished him for it with two spears. There's life left in this feud yet, there's no way that Goldberg is done in the WWE. And for proof of that, watch him as he celebrated on the turnbuckle and mouths "I'm back". I have every confidence that this match will happen again with Heyman saying that lightning doesn't strike twice and this time Lesnar won't underestimate Goldberg.

That's it. Look at these 2 pictures.

That's Brock when he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Summerslam 2014. Look at him. Strong. Determined. Now compare that to yesterday.

Sluggish. Arrogant. He looks like he thought he could apply the same strategy without applying the same training he had before.

Brock's 2016 has not been as dominant as his previous 3 years. He was caught by the perfect opponent who is a master at dominating from the time that bell rings. This was Brock's wake up call. Get back to what made you dominant.

Also, let's look at who beat Lesnar last night. It was freaking Bill Goldberg. It wasn't some small, skinny, run of the mill past champion who's been beaten a bunch seeking former glory. It was GOLDBERG!!!! The guy's pretty much intensity incarnate and he has always had the reputation of dominating his opponents. People are acting like a broken down Ric Flair is who beat Lesnar last night. Goldberg is every bit the monster Lesnar is and if we're being honest with ourselves, Goldberg did what he's always done. Walk to the ring, stand in fireworks, breath smoke, snarl, yell, be intense, and dominate. Ask Hogan, Sting, the Rock, Kane, HHH, Hall, Nash, DDP, etc what Goldberg is all about.

I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back