WCW LA, Round 2, Match 1: #3 Sting vs. #35 One Man Gang

Sting vs. OMG

• Sting

• OMG

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region, where the ring and entrace are equal height, from LA, Ca.

#3. Sting
Crow%20Sting%20WCW%20Nitro.jpg

vs.

#35. One Man Gang
gang.jpg

Easily Sting. OMG is probably the worst SHW of all time. The guy had a forgotten US Title reign as his claim to fame. That's it. Sting is definitely strong enough to slam him and then lock in the Scorpion. Aside from some shots to the back, Gang does nothing as Sting just out manuevers him for the relatively easy win.

The One Man Gang was no where near being the worst Super Heavyweight of all time. The guy was great. Sure... he couldn't do the shit Vader or Bam Bam Bigelow could, but what he could do was entertain and be believable in the ring and on the mic. In the Mid-South territory, there was no bigger monster in the history of it then the One Man Gang. He was one scary ass motherfucker. His character was so unique and he knew how to work with it in the ring. People bought into it and to this day he's a legend where I'm from. Hell, when ECW had a house show here in 2000, they got the One Man Gang to have a match and he was still over with the people here. Shit... today he's a fucking security guard at Angola Prison. How much more bad ass can one be? Not to mention... how about his run as Akeem? If you weren't entertained by that, then you simply suck.

So yeah... I have a lot of good things to say about the One Man Gang because he's a legend from 'round my parts and I truly believe he was a great worker. That said, there's no way I'm voting him over Sting. Sting's the greatest of all time in my book and I'll elaborate on that when he's up against tougher competition.

While I'd disagree that One Man Gang was attrocious he is emphatically worse than Sting and there is no way he'd win this match. Sting doesn't need to outpower his opponents as he has so much more to bring along, and Akeem/OMG was certainly prone to mistakes, so I think Sting wins this one without breaking a sweat.

Sting made a career out of defeating monster heels. He's beaten guys like Sid Vicious, Cactus Jack, Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors, Abyss, and Vader. What would make anyone think that Sting wouldn't defeat One Man Gang? Sting would be picking up the W here.

It's all been stated very clearly. One Man Gang was actually a very good entertainer. He made people care, and we all know thats what it is all about in the wrestling business. But he falls completely to the wayside here with Sting. Someone who is so athletic, so charismatic, so fan friendly, and so loved that it would be impossible for OMG to topple him in this one. Plus add in the fact that Sting always brings his A game when he faces SHW's and this one is a lock for the Stinger. I will delve into more Sting love in hte future, trust me on this one. But this match is a cakewalk for Sting.

I'm making the most simple argument possible here, but if Sting can have great matches against Vader, he can certainly make easy work of One Man Gang.

Sting has faced, and beaten, wrestlers better than almost anyone OMG was in the ring with, so this could be a squash.

Can't say I've ever been imnpressed by the One Man Gang. Akeem was nicea nd comical, and the Gang made a decent impression around Wrestlemania 4 time, but most of his success was in the WCW Mid Card scene, when that scene was atrocious. Sting can handle Vader, and OMG is half the imposing threat that Vader is. Sting's power probably outmatches the Gangs. Sting should win in a walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back