WCW LA, Round 2, Match 2: #14 Lou Thesz vs. #19 The Iron Sheik

Thesz vs. Sheik

• Sweet Lou

• Sheik will make you Humble

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW region, where the ring and entrance are equal height, from La, CA.

#14. Lou Thesz
thesz.jpg

vs.

#19. The Iron Sheik
iron-sheik.jpg

Thesz. Sheik was good, Thesz was great. Sheik was an Olympic wrestler, Thesz was a godly wrestler. There's no way Sheik wins here. His whole moveset revolves around a mat based hold. Thesz is at home ont he mat and just makes Sheik look like an even bigger fool that he usually does. Sheik gets stretched in more ways than he knew existed and loses big here.

Not even close. Thesz is a god in wrestling. Sheik was good, but he can't even begin to compare to Thesz. What can Sheik do that can beat Thesz? Not a damn thing. Thesz wins easily.

Thesz was a complete God and deserves to go over here. Sheik was great and deserved to be WWF Champion, but he doesn't hold a candle to Thesz. I'll let Gelgarin argue the good points for Thesz, but just think of it like this. You have the greatest influence on american pro wrestling ever against a decent guy from one era. Thesz wins easily here.

Lou Thesz FTW, definitely. Sheiky Baby would put up a great fight and it would be a match for the ages as the fans would have ate up every second of it I'm sure, but at the end of the day there's no way he beats Lou Thesz.

Lou Thesz is just superior in every aspect in the ring and the Iron Sheik wouldn't have an answer for everything Thesz would throw at him. Sheiky Baby might be a lot stronger, but strength has nothing on technique and stamina, and Thesz definitely has the advantage in both those aspects. Thesz would just tired him out and stretch the hell out of Sheik until he couldn't take it any longer.

I like Sheik, but probably because he was the catalyst of Hulk Hogan's career. I heard a radio interview of him recently, and he's a complete ass.

Thesz would give him a whole new lesson in wrestling. I hope it'd be a squash, but I'm sure the heel tactics keep it close.

The sheik will suplex him, put him in camel clutch, etc etc rest of the whole make you humble rant.

To be honest although the Sheik is crazy and had an olympic medal and such, nothing he can do will compare to anything that Thesz would be able to pull out of his arsenal. The man is a legend amongs legends.

Thesz has this. He wins this bout at his will. Sheik was one of the biggest heels of the early and mid 1980s and yes, no matter what else might be said about him, he was a former WWF Champion. He dethroned Bob Backlund, ending his 6 and a half year run.

However, there's just no comparisson to Thesz. Thesz is one of the most legitimately skilled technicians in wrestling history and still ranks as one of the most legitimately skilled world champions. He spent the 1950s unifying the various regional "world" titles in the country into one singularly recognized World Championship. Thesz's first reign as NWA World Heavyweight Champion lasted more than 7 years, the second longest undisputed World Championship reign in pro wrestling history.

Thesz takes it, that's all there is to it. It wouldn't be a squash, but Thesz would show dominance.

I don't see any way Sheik could win this. Thesz is one of the greatest, Sheik is...well, he's the guy that put Hogan on the map.

I think it would be a better match then most have insinuated, as the Sheik had a pretty decent amateur career and could probably shoot just as well as Thesz. In the end though, Thesz is simply more accomplished, and probably a better wrestler then the Iron Man. He was good at getting heel heat, and he's most known for being ht eguy that dropped teh belt to Hogan. Thesz essentially made the NWA title what it was based on his reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back