WCW Region, Chicago Region, First Round: (16) Booker T vs. (17) Christian

Who Wins This Match?

• Booker T

• Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the All State Arena, Chicago, Illinois

url

url

#16. Booker T

Vs.

url

#17. Christian

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm picking Christian. I believe Booker T was only a 5 time champion because it was at a time when WCW had lost most of its established stars. Had he been a singles star when the NWO was at its height. I don't think he would of come close to the success he has had. Hes a good wrestler dont get me wrong. But Christian has been more consistant in the ring and is probably one of the most underrated guys WWE has ever had in comparison to his world titles.

Here we go again. Another neck and neck one.

Christian is a former 2 time World Champ. He is a Triple crown and Grand Slam winner. He is great in the ring. He has climb to the top everywhere he has wrestled. Christian has had a crazy roller coaster type ride through the Tag Team, Mid, and Main card in WWE. He is a very solid performer.

Booker T is a former 6 time World Champ. He is also a Triple Crown and Grand Slam winner. He was WWE King Of The Ring. He has held many titles and is truly a future Hall of Famer. Booker has had one of the more decorated careers in the business. I think Booker has always been more entertaining than Christian, but he may not be the better in the ring.

Overall, I think I am going to go with Booker T here.

Christian, Booker is comin for ya ******!

I have to give this one to Christian, only because of the ECW rules are in play, he's a sneaky heel who can outsmart Booker and use the ECW rules to his advantage. Christian with the pin fall victory

I find this really difficult to decide. Former World Heavyweight Champion in Christian, former World Champion Booker T. Then I realised this was under ECW Rules and... Christian is a former ECW Champion! Weapons may fly everywhere, but a nicely-timed Killswitch onto a chair wins this one for Christian.

I was tempted to vote for Booker on this one. And why not? The dude is a hell of a talent, and is one of the greatest Superstars to jump ship from WCW to WWE. But he is no where near as handy in the ring as Christian is when No DQ rules come into play. Christian will come at Booker with Tables, Ladders, Chairs, and any dirty play he can get his hands on in order to get the win. Christian wins this with a Con-Chair-To.

Christian's done so many hardcore matches I've lost count, he knows how to work one of these matches. He's also beaten several people Booker T's size (in normal matches no less) so Christian should get the win here.

In any other region, I would go with Booker T, but this is ECW, meaning that Christian can use as many chairs as he wants. Booker has the edge in terms of in-ring skill, but Christian's hardcore experience combined with his own substantial wrestling knowledge gives him a victory, with the Con-Chair-To as the finisher.

Christian is just more adapted to extreme rules style environments than Booker. Not to mention I prefer the in ring work of Christian. A hard fought and well earned win for Christian.

I think everyone is on the ball for the most part. No way Christian loses a NO DQ match to Booker. I can already picture Christian standing over Booker with a perfect pose (FOR THOSE WITH THE BENEFIT OF FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY)

Yeah, with ECW rules, I see Christian walking away here the victor and rightfully so. Booker T could have definitely walked away with the victor had it not been for the stipulations. He's had a good amount of success within the wrestling business and while Christian is a better performer, Christian has never been anything but a midcarder. But, thankfully, the rules of this match saves Christian from being eliminated so early in this years tounament. Christian is someone who will undoubtedly push his body to the limit to win a match. Given his past in hardcore type matches, Christian wins in a very great match up.

Have to go with Christian here as well. These two had some rather dull matches back in 2002 and if I remember right most of them have been split. I'll take Christian due to his experience with the more violent stuff, as well as his time as ECW Champion (that's a joke for the people that don't get it). Booker was good but Christian has enough experience int he hardcore environment that he'll take it. Boring match though.

This definitely goes to Booker T. Booker is the better overall entertainer and definitely the more successful of the two. He made his way to the main event in WCW winning 5 world titles and then had to basically start over in the WWE and again made his way to the top as a World Champion.

Booker T and Christian have also fought one on one many times before, 12 to be exact. Booker T is 9-2-1 in those matches, basically dominating Christian. In terms of the hardcore environment Christian obviously has a lot of experience in TLC and ladder matches but Booker T is no stranger to hardcore matches either. He has won his fair share of gimmick and hardcore matches, including an extreme rules match victory over RVD back in 2006.

Let's also not forget that Booker T main evented in WCW towards the end of its run when pretty much every match was a gimmick match. He has been in and won steel cage matches, ambulance matches, boot camp matches, and let's not forget the San Francisco 49er Box match where he defeated Jeff Jarrett for his 3rd WCW title.

Booker T wins because he has had the better career, has dominated Christian in their one on one meetings, and has just as much hardcore match experience with a lot of it being against bigger names then Christian. Booker T is the better choice and the right choice.

People are overstating the ECW Rules aspect of it. Neither of these guys are Rob Van Dam or Tommy Dreamer. They're not New Jack or Sabu. They're regular wrestlers. Although Christian does have more experience with TLC matches, Booker T shouldn't have a problem getting by even though I admit that he's probably an underdog.

Booker T by Book End on a chair covered in nails on top of a table on fire.

After consideration I'm giving the match to Booker T. Booker T and Christian have crossed paths several times during their careers. The two traded victories over the Intercontinental championship years ago, and Booker has a win over Christian at the Bash in 2005.

Both competitors have plenty of experiences in hardcore matches, and this would been one hell of a match. I feel that Booker has had better booking over the course of his career, and this match would be no exception. I can see Booker catching Christian with a Book End through a table or on top of a chair for the win.

Christian's beaten Abyss. A guy a lot bigger than Booker T. He's also beaten Jeff Jarrett a guy with a similar build and style to Booker T. Christian's more agile allowing him to counter Booker's moves also he's got more experience and he can use some dirty tactics if need be.

I think Christian suits the hardcore environment better and thus pulls out an early win with a one man con-chair-to.

Another close one, but with the experience of TLC and MITB matches that Christian has, as well as the violent matches he had in TNA, I am leaning towards Captain Charisma here.

That isn't to say Booker isn't good, he is. But he never really went to the extreme in his matches, he tends to stick to straight up wrestling, while Christian knows how to swing a chair. I see a 1-man ConChairTo gets Christian the win here.

Winner: Christian

This is pretty close, but I think Booker would have the edge here.

Christian's experience in TLC matches has been brought up, but let's not forget that the majority if not all of these were tag matches with 3 or more teams in the mix. One on one, I don't know if he would have the same kind of success he had when competing with Edge, although he did beat Edge in a ladder match I believe. As this is not a ladder match though, I don't think that is a hugely significant factor.

Booker's size and strength is an advantage in its own right here, but one of Booker's key offensive advantages was his kicks and agility. RVD and Punk are 2 other guys who are known for their kicking and using it effectively, but what separates Booker from these 2 is the length and reach of his legs which can be used to keep a distance between him and Christian.

Rock puts boots to asses, Booker will kick your face off then rock the Spinaroonie, the (second) most electrifying move in sports entertainment!

In his Prime Booker T was one of the most popular stars in WCW. Christian might have the edge (no pun intended) with hardcore matches, however i still think Booker will get the win here.

Christian.

Based off in-talent, Christian. Based off entertainment factor, Christian; or do some people actually find Booker T, "entertaining"? While in TNA at the same time, Christian had more success, although yes I do realise he'd achieved most of it before Booker arrived, but the same argument stands, Booker achieved damn near nothing in TNA. Based off draw factor, I argue that Christian has drawn more.

While WCW was going down the shitter, who was in the most talked about tag team of that time? Christian. While Booker T was being a transitional WCW Champion in a promotion that at that time had few names to give the belt and advance from the gutter, who was a part of one of the most entertaining and memorable matches of all time at Summerslam 2000? That's right, Christian.

Sure, Booker T has had a couple stints as a Main Eventer in WWE, but while he was being pushed down the card, Christian was either holding the IC Championship, in the midst of a couple good feuds, becoming at one point one of the most entertaining characters in the WWE around the time of him labelling himself "Captain Charisma" and then leaving to TNA where he went like a year unbeaten without being pinned or submitted. Yeah, pretty impressive.

Booker T has a good list of achievements himself. But in a wrestling match, especially in an environment where Christian would excel and Booker has little history in, Christian takes this in comfortable fashion. Need some examples of how good Christian is in hardcore matches, just look through his time in TNA and then proceed to watch his match with Randy Orton from Summerslam last year that in a majority of minds stole the show. You won't need to debate this topic any further.

Extreme Rules match? This goes to Christian.

Both men were heels in their prime (Christian's being in 2011, or so I believe), and Christian is far smarter. Booker isn't enough of a bad ass to overcome Christian's ability to outsmart him. In a straight one-on-one match, I might give it to Booker. However, in this environment, I'm giving it to Christian.

Christian.

Based off in-talent, Christian. Based off entertainment factor, Christian; or do some people actually find Booker T, "entertaining"? While in TNA at the same time, Christian had more success, although yes I do realise he'd achieved most of it before Booker arrived, but the same argument stands, Booker achieved damn near nothing in TNA. Based off draw factor, I argue that Christian has drawn more.

I understand why some people wouldn't find his commentating entertaining, but are you surprised that people find him entertaining in general? He was in a thrown together team with Goldust who were pretty dam entertaining due to the clash of personalities, with Goldust being his flamboyant strange self and Booker playing the role of the straight guy.

Let's not forget the spinaroonie either. A silly move, yes, but one the crowd ate up, even if it wasn't Booker doing it;
(apologies about the first video)
While Booker has the spinaroonie, Christian has his... I don't know what else to call it but a look.
5534.jpg

Booker in TNA wasn't a resounding success, granted, but he did at least 'create' a title for them during the Main Event Mafia storyline. He did however defeat Christian in Christian's last 2 matches there. Booker may have had a lesser run in TNA, but still holds victories over Christian while there.

While WCW was going down the shitter, who was in the most talked about tag team of that time? Christian. While Booker T was being a transitional WCW Champion in a promotion that at that time had few names to give the belt and advance from the gutter, who was a part of one of the most entertaining and memorable matches of all time at Summerslam 2000? That's right, Christian.

Christian wasn't in the Hardy Boyz ;)
D'von Dudley was in that same match at Summerslam 2000, is he now better than Booker?

Sure, Booker T has had a couple stints as a Main Eventer in WWE, but while he was being pushed down the card, Christian was either holding the IC Championship, in the midst of a couple good feuds, becoming at one point one of the most entertaining characters in the WWE around the time of him labelling himself "Captain Charisma" and then leaving to TNA where he went like a year unbeaten without being pinned or submitted. Yeah, pretty impressive.

Both men have been adaptable to change throughout their careers. Both started in successful tag-teams before pursuing solo careers, both have been able to gravitate from mid-card to main event, and both have remained crowd favourites.
However, Christian was in Edge's shadow after the break-up, Christian spent most of his career in the mid-card and only lately moved up to the main event scene in WWE. Booker entered WWE as WCW's champion, main-evented a Wrestlemania and won a ME WWE title before Christian (though he can't help that Booker came in as a champion, granted.)

Booker T has a good list of achievements himself. But in a wrestling match, especially in an environment where Christian would excel and Booker has little history in, Christian takes this in comfortable fashion. Need some examples of how good Christian is in hardcore matches, just look through his time in TNA and then proceed to watch his match with Randy Orton from Summerslam last year that in a majority of minds stole the show. You won't need to debate this topic any further.

He lost against Orton in that match, correct? I'm not denying Christian is a great performer, he is. In their previous encounters Booker has had the upper-hand and so I favour him. Christian is a crafty so-and-so, but it's not as if Booker doesn't know how to get inventive either.
Plus, he went to jail for armed robbery, let's not kid ourselves that Booker would be overwhelmed by having to resort to using weapons.

I gotta go with the five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time champion Booker T.
Christian is just sortof...not there.
Im a huge fan, but i still say Book

I'm going with Booker here. He is the more decorated wrestler. These two feuded briefly in 2003 with Booker beating Christian for the IC title. The only reason Booker dropped it back (at a house show) was because he needed time off because of injury. Christian may have been TNA champion but I don't think that holds any more value than Booker's WCW reigns. Both were world champion in WWE. Neither reign was particularly impressive but Booker was at least meant to be champion. Christian got a sympathy reign to vill the void left by Edge. I've always liked Christian but I never saw him as a world champion. This will probably be a close match and my vote goes to Booker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back