WCW Region, NJ Subregion, Round 1: (13) Diamond Dallas Page vs. (20) Greg Valentine

Who Wins This Match?

• Diamond Dallas Page

• Greg Valentine

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, East Rutherford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

front.jpg

DiamondDallasPage.jpg

#13. Diamond Dallas Page

Vs.

452420.jpg

#20. Greg Valentine

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I am going completely on stretch and saying DDP.
Reasoning:
1.) DDP is the 4th WCW Triple Crown Champion
2.) DDP, though mostly remembered through WCW, also made a good impact in WWE, where he is currently signed under a Legends contract.
3.) Personal reasoning (one of my childhood heroes, if I may say so.)

I am going completely on stretch and saying DDP.
Reasoning:
1.) DDP is the 4th WCW Triple Crown Champion
2.) DDP, though mostly remembered through WCW, also made a good impact in WWE, where he is currently signed under a Legends contract.
3.) Personal reasoning (one of my childhood heroes, if I may say so.)

:lmao:

I had to reply to this.

Let's look at DDP in the WWE: He debuted as Sara's stalker, got beat up Undertaker, got beat up some more by Undertaker, lost a match to Sara, recruited Kanyon to help him and got beat up by Undertaker and Kane, some motivational gimmick, hasta la vista Page.

It's all good and well if you support DDP, but don't tell lies. It's embarrassing.

:lmao:

I had to reply to this.

Let's look at DDP in the WWE: He debuted as Sara's stalker, got beat up Undertaker, got beat up some more by Undertaker, lost a match to Sara, recruited Kanyon to help him and got beat up by Undertaker and Kane, some motivational gimmick, hasta la vista Page.

It's all good and well if you support DDP, but don't tell lies. It's embarrassing.
Honestly, I don't even know what I meant when I said that.
I never paid much attention to DDP during this time period; I guess I was just BS'ing. My apologies.

Believe it or not I've been looking forward to this one. I don't know why. I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. I'm supporting the Hammer here. He is very underrated. You never here much about Valentine but he was one of the best heels back in the day. He is a former partner and opponent of Ric Flair and has even got some wins over the Nature Boy. He had great feuds with Roddy Piper, Tito Santana, and Wahoo McDaniel. Many old school wrestlers consider McDaniel to be among the toughest wrestlers ever in wrestling and Valentine broke his leg in a match. Valentine was what fans today want guys like Ziggler to be. He was naturally confident and tough. He knew he could back up his words. If Valentine were in his prime during a time where titles frequently changed hands like today he definitely would have been world champion. Long US and IC title reigns were prestigious and Valentine accomplished those. DDP had a nice run and was popular during a wrestling renaissance but he only had about two years on top and spent a lot of time in gimmick angles with guys like Karl Malone and Jay Leno. Do the right thing people. Vote Valentine.

If this were in WWE, I would go with Valentine. Hell, in international or ECW I would go with Valentine. He seems like the type that would straight up beat the hell out of his opponent. But luck of the draw has fallen to DDP. In a WCW ring, DDP had a great following and was a contender for quite awhile. Valentine never headlined a major promotion or a major card, but DDP did repeatedly at the height of WCW's run.

DDP by Ace Crusher, 14 minutes.

DDP would hit the Diamond Cutter before Hammer was properly warmed up.

He would, though, probably. I love Valentine, always did. Solid pro, could make anyone look like a million bucks. And I'm guessing that's what he does for DDP here. In DDP's prime, Hammer would have jobbed to him in under five minutes. This is no different.

Valentine is tough and scored some notable wins over some big names in his career, but so did DDP. If we look past Page's involvement in stupid celebrity matches he was a damm good performer and dragged himself to the top despite only starting his in-ring career very late.

As this is in a WCW region, the fans would be totally behind the "People's Champion" and he would use that to his advantage, and would take everything that Valentine had to offer before hitting the Diamond Cutter out of nowhere.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

"A Diamond upside down is a pussy".... and he wasnt what i would even call mid-card status in the WWE, sure he worked with taker but lets face it Taker has had some shitty feuds and this was one of the worst.

DDP would hit the Diamond Cutter before Hammer was properly warmed up.

He would, though, probably. I love Valentine, always did. Solid pro, could make anyone look like a million bucks. And I'm guessing that's what he does for DDP here. In DDP's prime, Hammer would have jobbed to him in under five minutes. This is no different.

So we are taking the wrestlers roles into account here? I kind of like that, but I think in the history books that Valentine will be remembered far beyond page and so Valentine gets my vote.

I just can't stand to put page through, he really was not a favorite of mine. SO i might be biased....

Just My Opinion

I think DDP was always a bit style over substance, and the fact it took him so long to become a wrestler meant that maybe he debuted after his best days were behind him. I'm not sure, but what I do know is that he seemed to be nothing but a cool finisher,and I'm not sure that gets him through this one.

Valentine was one of the first people to achieve success in both NWA and WWF during the 80s, and that shows how highly he was thought of across the companies. Strong as a heel or a face, he was able to maintain aggression for long stretches during matches, despite his physique, and that'd be too much for Page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back