WCW Region, Sydney Subregion, First Round: (1) Lou Thesz vs. (32) The Genius

Who wins this match?

• Lou Thesz

• The Genius

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Sydney Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Kingdome in Sydney, Australia.

250px-Sydney_Entertinment_Centre.jpg

13.jpg

#1. Lou Thesz

Vs.

savage01.jpg

#32. The Genius

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Does an argument even need to be made here? Lou Thesz wins by being an innovator and probably the 2nd greatest wrestler of all time. If you vote for The Genius, even as a joke, you're just a full-blown moron.

Mr. Thesz takes this in about 20 seconds with an STF.

Lou Thesz really is far superior to Lanny Poffo in every way.
On a sidenote the arena you called the kingdome is the Sydney Entertainment centre just saying.

The hell did Lanny Poffo even get into this tournament in the first place?

The only way Poffo wins this match is if Thesz is so insulted by having to go up against this goof that he just walks out of the ring in disgust and gets counted out.

I think anyone that votes for the Genius in this matchup has no business even participating in this tournament.

The only reason I could see anyone legitimately voting for the Genius would be the fact that they don't know who Lou Thesz is, and if you don't know who Lou Thesz is, then again, why are you even here wasting our time?

On second thought, why is the Genius even in this tournament?

You could talk for hours about Lou Thesz's accomplishments, endless title reign, and the fact that he invented the freaking powerbomb(...sorta)

Lanny read poems and threw frisbees into the crowd.

Tough choice...

My first question here is ....did Lanny Poffo ever even make midcard status??? The 6 time NWA Champion, the man who invented at LEAST half the dance steps that exist in the wrestling biz today hands the genius his ballbag in about 3 minutes, without even breaking a sweat. Of course Thesz moves on to someone who MIGHT give him more competition.

I guess the Genius could win by count out if Mr. Perfect were to hit Lou Thesz in the head with the WWF title and then destroy it with a hammer. I don't really see that happening though. Thesz is one of the best ever. Genius is probably better remembered as a manager than a wrestler. I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Someone's trolllllling....

We've had some funny squash matches in the past, but this takes the cake. Genius dies. No, seriously, he's fucking dead. Lou just snapped his neck and went to dinner. The Genius shouldn't be in this tournament seeing I don't remember him winning a single match. This is hilarious, though.

I'm going to abstain from voting until Tasty has made his post. Lou Thesz was, y'know, Lou Thesz. But The Genius was a clever guy, very clever. The guy beat Hulk Hogan, he beat him in like, the late 90s n stuff. Sway me breezy man.

The Genius should win this. There's lots of reasons people vote in this tournament, and I'm going to address each and show how and why he'd win:

Drawing: He wrestled in front of larger audiences.

When Genius was wrestling, the WWF was frequently drawing audiences of 10.1 as every one tuned in and saw the likes of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and Leaping Lanny Poffo.

With the amount of people this correlates to, we quickly see that more people paid to see Poffo, or watched on TV at home at least.

Kayfabe: Genius beat Hulk Hogan, Thesz drew most of his biggest matches

Lou Thesz often drew his matches by double count out, including almost all of those against his big rivals of the day. Genius' biggest match was his encounter with Hogan, which he won. From that we should see Genius progress.

Legacy

Thesz invented lots of little wrestling tricks, but he didn't cause the widespread take up of a style like Poffo did. Poffo basically introduced the world to the swanton bomb and the moonsault, whilst being a heel part-time manager. He's the embodiment what you in the IWC know and love.

There's more, but I'm tired and it's pointless as you've all made your mind up.

Seriously how is Lanny Poffo in this competition? A jobber come valet who would get treated as such by an originator of this sport, who wouldn't even give 'Leaping Lenny' enough momentum to facilitate a Thesz press.

Possibly the biggest squash of the tournament. Thesz one of the best ever. The Genius is well, The Genius. Can't really say too much more about this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back