WCW Region, Third Round, Ultimate Submission:(2) Andre The Giant vs. (10) Verne Gagne

Who Wins This Match?

• Andre The Giant

• Verne Gagne

Results are only viewable after voting.
Andre has submitted in his prime to Inoki so I have no question whatsoever that Gagne could make him submit as well.

I see Andre taking a commanding lead early in the match because he is so big and overwhelming to Gagne but as the match goes longer the more it favors Gagne. Also with Andre if Gagne takes out Andre's leg for example it just became so much harder for Andre to work. Not only is he 7'4" but he's also about 450 lbs, Gagne could wear out that leg so much that Andre wouldn't be able to stand, then what's he gonna do? Unfortunately he will just lay there while Gagne takes over and makes him submit numerous times.

Gagne would most certainly be smart enough to do so. Sure, Andre lost few times in his prime but he has lost to the likes of Harley Race and Antonio Inoki, Gagne was a big enough name and draw during his prime that he's one of the few people that could take Andre.

What sells Gagne to me is the part of the stipulation a lot of you fucking plebs seem to be missing.

Ultimate Submission.

It isn't just one submission, its a timed match where the person who submits the most within 30 minutes is the victor.

Gagne was an outstanding worker who routinely hit the hour mark, a la Ric Flair. Andre, for all his wonder and amazement, was not known for his cardio.

His Wrestlemania III match lasted what? 12 minutes? Oh WAH WAH I can hear you cry, that was when he was old and fat. What do you want? His matches with Hogan at Shea Stadium 7 years prior? They lasted a whopping 8 minutes! Andre finished his matches quickly. He wasn't used to wrestling for half an hour at full biscuits. He would be unaccustomed and gassed.

Even if he stands on Gagne, or sits on him or whatever the fuck you come up with as a sorry excuse for a deus ex machina in this one sided match up, he'd be gassed straight away and then lose 14 falls in the ensuing 20 minutes to a fresh Gagne.

Verne fuckin' Gagne all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back