WCW: Tampa Sub-Regional

On the flip side, you have the Homicidal, Suicidal, Death-Defying, Sabu.. and NONE of that screams "talented wrestler". I'd be flat out shocked at this point, if Sabu wasn't instantly emliminated by whoever he faces instantly.

And you say I'm loopy. Oh, I agree that Sabu will be done early. But, did you need to put "instantly" in there twice?

Sabu and Abdullah are both goners. If either makes it through the first round, their voters need to be banned from the tournament. If they landed in ECW, they'd be heavy favorites.

I was never a huge fan of Von Erich, but he definitely has some talent. The "Texas Tornado" gimmick is probably what turned me off from liking him, so I won't hold it against him. He'll win the first match, but I don't think he'll go over Rey.

This will come down to Hogan against the winner of Rey and the Bulldog. Against Rey, he'd squash him. In many forms of the word. Bulldog will put up a good fight, and he can out-muscle him. It'll be Hogan's only test, but one he should win.

This bracket is Hogan vs Mysterio, sorry Bulldog. Rey is too quick for Hogan, and can keep out of harms way the entire match, targeting the knees, before finally landing the big hurricanrana into the ropes and BAM 619...... which would only succeed in making Hogan hulk up. I would love to Rey springboard off the rope for a drop kick, kick Hogan and all he does is go "YOU" punch, punch, punch. Big boot. Leg drop. Hogan through to the next round. Next region....

I got four of my favorites in here: Abdullah The Butcher, Tito Santana, Rey Mysterio, Jr., and Kerry Von Erich. Abdullah and Santana have no chance against Hogan here, so I unfortunately won't be able to do anything besides support them in the matches they have leading up to their matches with Hogan. On the other hand, Mysterio, Jr., will have a lot of supporters here. Thus, if he faces Von Erich, I'm going to be pulling for Von Erich to get to the finals of this sub-region to face Hogan. From there, I unfortunately won't be able to do anything for The Texas Tornado.

1. "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan
64. Pat O'Connor

Hogan will win. But, O' Connor will definitely put up a valiant effort here. I'll be voting Hogan, but hope this isn't the blowout it could end up as. I'll definitely need Shadow to school me a little on O' Connor, because it's kind of a shame that he'll be out so early.

32. Abdullah The Butcher
33. Irwin R. Schyster

IRS gets the win here. Abdullah was unlucky to end up anywhere, but ECW. He's not a wrestler, and isn't going to do much of anything here. IRS was decent, at best, but he'll at least get the win here. He really doesn't stand a chance against Hogan though.

16. Tito Santana
49. Floyd "Money" Mayweather

Mayweather? Are you kidding me? He was at #2 on someone's list? He isn't even a god damned wrestler! Santana wins here, and hopefully Floyd doesn't get any votes. This is really quite pathetic.

8. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
57. Pat Patterson

Patterson is getting lumped in with O' Connor. He should've been able to win a match or two, but got a bad draw. Bulldog is way too strong, and has too many fans to lose here. It'll hopefully be close (even 65-35), but Bulldog moves on.

25. "The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying" Sabu
40. Big John Studd

I said a while ago, that Sabu was going to be a first round exit. He would've been a favorite in ECW, and stood a fighting chance in TNA, but he's toast in a WWE or WCW ring. Big John Studd is going to catch him, and put a massive beating on him.

Studd will have his hands full in Round 2. Bulldog has the power and ability to take him out quick.

24. "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich
41. Homicide

I'll go with Von Erich here. Homicide is good in the ring, but hasn't shown me anything to rank him as above average. Von Erich was good in the ring, and did it all on one foot. Homicide will keep him on his toes, but once Kerry catches him, it's over.

The only way Floyd Mayweather is going to get a single vote is if Floyd knew this was going on and create an account on here so he can vote himself. Tito should and will destroy him in most likely the biggest lopsided contest in Wrestlezone Tournament history.

Don't feel comfortable looking ahead in the WCW SubRegional thread, well come in here to discuss the sub regional headlined by Hulk Hogan.

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Tampa, FL
1. "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan
64. Pat O'Connor

32. Abdullah The Butcher
33. Irwin R. Schyster

16. Tito Santana
49. Floyd "Money" Mayweather

17. Sgt. Slaughter
48. THE SHOCKMASTER!!!!!!!!

8. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
57. Pat Patterson

25. "The Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal, Death Defying" Sabu
40. Big John Studd

9. Rey Mysterio Jr.
56. The Sandman

24. "The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich
41. Homicide

Moving onto the WCW Region and breaking it down, Tampa Style. No doubt, no question, this is Hulk Hogan's region. I really don't need to break this region down, because Hogan is completely above and beyond every person in this bracket. Hogan will have no problem with Pat O'Connor in round 1, and that's saying somethign because O'Connor was pretty damn good. Hogan in all likely hood face off against IRS in round 2. I like Abdullah, but he's outmatched by Mike Rotunda, regardless, Hogan marches into round 3.

Tito vs. Money Mayweather should be a nice comedy match, but in the end Tito is going to win and face off against the Sarge, who will get by the Shockmaster in an unholy act of blasphemy in Round 1. I look for the Sarge to get by Tito in Round 2.

Bulldog vs. Patteron is an interesting matchup, but I've never been uch of a Pat Patterson fan, so I'll be routing for the Bulldog to move onto round 2, and in all likely hood face off against Big John Studd. Sabu simply has no chance in hell against the Giant Studd. Who goes over, Bulldog or Studd, I'm going with a mild shocker and calling for Big John to move to round 3.

Mysterio will face off against hte Sandman in what is sure to turn into a squash. Mysterio has his detractors, but I don't think any of them could justify putting Sandman over Mysterio. Kerry Von Erich vs. Homicide is an interesting match. If Team TNA shows up, Homicide could get a decent push in this thing, but I doubt he'll get past the Texas Tornado. With Tornado and Mysterio, I'm willing to say that Kerry Von Erich moves on.

So looking at Round 3, I see Hogan vs. Sarge, and this really is going to be a cake walk for Hogan. He'll face the winner of either Bulldog/Studd vs. Mysterio/Von Erich, and none of those four men will compete with Hogan.

Round 1, Results

Hulk Hogan vs. Pat O'Connor: 48-6. O'Connor is great, but Hogan is that mch better. Again, a match that shouldn't have happened until round 3, at least.

Abdullah the Butcher vs. IRS. 6-21. The Butcher must have forgotten to pay his taxes. Mike Rotunda moves past a legend in the business.

Tito Santana vs. Money Mayweather: 33-15. LOL, mayweather actually had a decent showing and more votes then a lot of people that were better then him.

Sgt. Slaughter vs. The Shockmaster: 27-8. In a truly disgusting and terrible result, the Sarge beats perhaps the greatest wrestler in the history of the business.

Davey Boy Smith vs. pat Patterson: 41-3. The Bulldog has no problem getting past the first IC Champion.

Sabu vs. Big John Studd. 11-28. No Weapons, no Chance. Sabu is out sized, and outmatched against Studd here.

Rey Mysterio vs. The Sandman: 37-4. See Above ^^^^

Kerry Von Erich vs. Homicide: 24-11. This was a match I was surprised to see the outcome, I think. I honestly didn't know how it was going to go, but the Texas Tornado proves that a one legged man can win an ass kicking contest.

Round 2 Matches:
Tampa, Fl.

1. Hulk Hogan
33. Mike Rotunda

16. Tito Santana
17. Sgt. Slaughter

8. Davey Boy Smith
40. Big John Studd

9. Rey Mysterio Jr.
24. Kerry Von Erich

The only one in the brackett that could really give Hogan a competitive match would've been Kerry Von Erich, though that would've been prior to having his foot amputated. In his prime, Kerry Von Erich really was very good. He was an Olympic caliber athlete with strength, speed, agility and he does hold victories over Hulk Hogan, though that was way back in the day when Hogan was just another guy wandering from territory to territory.

Hulk Hogan vs. IRS. This one is a no brainer. Irwin was good, Hogan was immortal. Hogan really won't have a test at all in this sub-region.

Tito Santana vs. Slaughter: I've never understood the love affair that cheap heat Slaughter gets. His in ring work was abysmmal, the character was as dull as a butter Knife. I'll be voting for Chico myself.

Bulldog vs. Big John Studd: I honestly expect a route in this one, but I could be compelled to vote for Big John Studd. I don't recall Davey Boy ever having luck with big guys.

Mysterio vs. Kerry Von Erich: Again, a match that I could vote either way. I think Rey will win, and I might vote for him. I just never was a Tornado fan, and winning the title in your own territory doesn't impress me much.

Davy Boy and Kerry Von Erich are the only two that'd give Hogan some competition in this brackett. Kerry holds at least one victory over Hogan, but that was back in the days well before Hulkamania when Hogan was just another guy going from territory to territory. In terms of sheer brute strength, I think the Bulldog actually has the both of them beaten but, when it's all said and done, Hogan takes this brackett.

Round 2 Results:

Hogan vs. IRS: 34-5. Really no surprise here. Hogan gets his share of detractors, so for him to win with 100% is an impossibility. Hogan could go up against hornswoggle and the hater would still give Hornswoggle a vote or two.

Santana vs. Slaughter: 18-17. In the end, the man from Tijuana comes back to knock out the sarge, making us miss out on a rematch of Wrestlemania 7.

Bulldog vs. Studd: 28-4. The Bulldog gains more momentum in this tournament as he demolishes a big man with no trouble whatsoever.

Mysterio vs. Von Erich: 24-17. Rey Rey moves on, sending home the one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Round 3 Matches:
Tampa, Fl.

1. Hulk Hogan
16. Tito Santana

8. Davey Boy Smith
9. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Hogan rolls. Tito is my friend on MySpace, but I'm still voting for Hogan.

Mysterio vs Bulldog is interesting. Bulldog has some sort of cult following which I don't understand. He was nothing special. He was just another guy on roids. Mysterio is wonderful to watch. He's fast, strong for his size, can jump, and is surprisingly tough. If Liger can move past Batista, then Mysterio can move on past Bulldog.

Hogan takes this, unfortunately. Tito was a great mid-carder but that's all he ever was. He was fun to watch in the ring, had more skill in his left nut than Hogan could ever have hoped to have, but this is still Hulk Hogan. He's probably the biggest name in the history of the business. Santana has no realistic shot.

As for Bulldog and Mysterio, both are somewhat overrated. The Bulldog's finest hour was when he beat Breat Hart for the IC title at Wembley Stadium during Summerslam 1992. It was a great match, but that's because Bret carried him the entire time. Mysterio was was in his prime circa 1995-2000 probably. He was considerably better than he is now, injuries have taken their toll. One potential downside Mysterio has during his prime was he weighed about 140 pounds soakin' wet. He had some victories over some big guys in WCW, like Scott Norton. I honestly don't really know what WCW was thinking. I dunno, I guess I'm just not a huge fan of the little man overall. For me, Mysterio vs. other cruiserweights was spectacular. Putting him up against 250-350 pound 'roid freaks just made me roll my eyes as they could snap him in half at anytime. I have a feeling Mysterio will move on in this round.

Final Results for the Tampa Sub Regional:
Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana: 40-5. Simply put, Hogan has been damn near unstoppable in this tournament, and it's arguable that he still won't face any tough competition for the next few rounds. Hogan has excelled int he tournaments of past up to this point, but he usually is bounced in round 5.

Davey Boy vs. Rey Rey:36-25: Rey Mysterio goes home in round 3. The Bulldog uses his power to negate Rey's speed, to move onto a showdown with the Hulkster.

Round 4: The matches move to the Georgia Dome for the WCW Regionals, in Atlanta. Hulk Hogan will face off against the British Bulldog in a to be determined gimmick match.

Hogan is going to win. The only gimmick match that I can see Bulldog having a shot in, would be a cage match, where he can overpower Hulk, and even then, it would be a tough hill to climb. Rey may have put up a better match, only because he'd excel in a wider array of gimmick matches...

So the British Hogan takes on the original. I feel compelled to be patriotic and vote Bulldog. One problem though, Bulldog wasn't half as good as Hogan. I'm not sure what gimmick it will be but I can't think of one that would favour Davey.

Bulldog was a guy who was almost pure power, so facing Hogan who himself relied on power, and used his power to beat opponents is going to be an interesting struggle for Bulldog. Hogan should get the win here, and pretty easily, no matter the match type. The only thing is, Hogan has lost against power before, such as with the Warrior and Lesnar.

In an I Quit match, this one will never finish. Neither will use submission, so it will be a Rock/Mankind type I Quit, with them beating the shit out of each other. I can't see either of them quitting to be honest, but Hogan will still advance. As long as nobody turns this into a UK vs USA match, I'm voting Hogan.

While neither man is a gifted submission artist, I'd say the running powerslam, and delayed vertical suplex are much more effective at making someone quit than a big boot and a leg drop.

I'm going to have to research both a little more, to see if either has ever used a submission move. The one that has used one more, will probably get my vote.

Can anyone seriously ever picture Hulk Hogan ever utter the words "I quit" in a match? Hulk would never lose an "I Quit" match to anyone at any time ever, let alone Bulldog. Kayfabe wise Hulk Hogan is immortal and very rarely lost to anyone, while Bulldog on the other hand was always nothing more than a solid mid-carder. Hulk takes this. Heel Bulldog would say "I quit". Looking at the history of pro wrestling and you'll find that very rarely does a heel ever win an "I Quit" match. There's a few examples, but those are few and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back