• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WCW vs WWF/E: Billy Kidman

Billy Kidman in...

• WCW

• WWF/E

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Next in the Series...

Billy Kidman
08.jpg

Years in Promotions
WCW: 1996-2001...
WWF/E: 2001-2005...​

What do you say, Looking at matches, feuds, impact created and accomplishments...Billy Kidman in WCW or WWF/E??
-----------------------
Lets break it down!
-----------------------
Feuds
WCW
Juventud GuerreraR, ey Mysterio Jr., Vampiro, Insane Clown Posse, Diamond Dallas Page, The Revolution, Eddie Guerrer, Dean Malenko, Vampiro, Shane Douglas, Hulk Hogan, Horace Hogan, Natural Born Thrillers, Alex Wright, Jeff Jarrett, Team Canada, Lance Storm...

WWF/E
XPac, Tajiri, Jamie Noble, John Cena, Matt Hardy, Chavo Guerrero, Paul London...
-----------------------
Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
3-titme WCW Cruiserweight Championship
1-time WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship w/ Rey Mysterio, Jr.
2-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Rey Mysterio(1), Jr., Konnan(1)

WWF/E
1-time WWE Tag Team Championship w/ Paul London
4-time WWF/E Cruiserweight Championship
-----------------------
My Opinion
I have to go with WCW, I loved the guy there, especially part of the Filthy Animals...His title reigns there was also much better, I can't really remember him holdin the Cruiserweight title in WWE, but I can in WCW, his feuds were all great, apart from his later feuds namely Hogan feud..

WCW for me!
-----------------------
What would you pick?? WCW or WWF/E??

Please keep thread on topic..Thank-you!!

Without a doubt, WCW.

In WCW, he had storylines to make him look meaningful, his changes in character meaningful, and his title reigns and wins meaningful. His matches were about equal to that in WWE...when he was facing cruiserweights anyway. He even got to feud with Hogan. Yes, we all know it was probably the biggest farce of a feud there could be, and yes his win over Hogan was probably the worst ever example of how to use an established name to put over another wrestler, but that's far, far more than he ever had in WWE.

Kidman is hit and miss with some. Some might just be cynical and say he sucked in both organizations. Which I feel is not true at all.

He was my favorite wrestler of all company's growing up and he remained in the top till the end of his run. Billy Kidman had a perfect blend of technical and high flying that just drew me in. In WCW he was always pretty prominent in the Crusierweight division and his high point of course was his little feud with Hogan where he actually beat him. Also he showed he had some personality, and some mic skills, albeit a little. My favorite line of his being. "Hogan you say I couldn't draw flies, well no one knows better about drawing flies then shit". Sure maybe Russo maybe wrote it but he delivered it well enough all the same.

In WWE he did nothing other then a few minor Cruiserweight title runs, and a Crusierweight feud that actually did not involve the Crusierweight title with one Paul London. He developed a gimmick based on the time he botched the Shooting Star Press and injured Chavo Guerrero, aka, the "You (the crowd) made me do this" gimmick where he took on a mean streak and would use his Shooting Star Press and hit with his knees purposely to injure his opponents and blame the crowd. After the feud he won with Paul London he stuck around an developed a little more character gaining a little Flair-esque mini robe/jacket, and getting a little more vicious. Sadly he just disappeared. As for all the other rambling I did outside of just answering your question, I guess I am just trying to say Billy Kidman had a little more to him then a generic Crusierweight going for him.

So my verdict comes to his WWE/WCW high points. What is better beating Paul London in barely notable feud or beating Hulk Hogan. I hope you do not need me to answer that.

WCW of course.

Kidman was a star in WCW. While he may not have been the most charismatic on the microphone, he certianly was in other ways. He just had the "it" factor. Too bad he never got a real shot in WWE.

I think his biggest attribute was that he was over with the female demographic. I remember during the wrestling boom when I was in school, the girls that watched wrestling were always into Kidman. As well as Buff Bagwell.

WWE, without a doubt.

People saying WCW... do you not remember Kidman in WCW? Dude was a junkie in the Flock, and then went on to get pushed during the company's worst period.

Now, WWE mistreated Kidman as well, but his work in WWE far surpasses his work in WCW, in my opinion. Kidman had some GREAT matches against Tajiri, Jamie Noble, Eddie Guerrero, Matt Hardy, etc. And plus, his tag runs with Mysterio and Paul London were filled with great matches as well. I remember one in particular with Kidman and Mysterio vs TWGTT at Vengeance 2003 that to this day I feel is one of the greatest tag matches in WWE history.

So, yeah... Kidman was definitely misused in WWE, but he was in WCW as well, make no mistake about it. Just because he got to have a feud against Hogan doesn't automatically mean WCW used him properly. Neither company did, but Kidman had way more better matches in WWE than he did in WCW, which is why I prefer his work in WWE.

I definitely enjoyed the WCW Billy Kidman to the WWE Kidman. He was allowed to do a lot more and seemed to shine as a bigger star. In WWE, he was just relegated to the Cruiserweight division and really didn't get that big, not that he was some sort of jobber of anything. He was successful in both companies but I just feel like the sky was the limit in WCW whereas in WWE there was a ceiling that he would never get through.

His more memorable matches were certainly in WCW where he had other Cruisers to go at it with and was allowed to do a lot more of his moves, whereas in WWE he was watered down a bit. He one just about as many championships in WCW as he did in WWE, but with the Filthy Animals he got to feud with main eventers and show case what he really could do in the ring. He wasn't going to win a World Heavyweight championship in either company, a long shot if it was ever intended, but he had a lot more chances in WCW.

Regardless, I was and still am a very big Kidman fan. I think he was a tremendous talent that was wasted in both companies. He did some big things but never was allowed to reach his true potential. He had success in the Cruiser division and during the Invasion angle but was never really allowed to reach his full potential.

I was huge fan of Kidman after he left the flock. It was the best thing that happen to him. I which he was still wrestling but then again the only company I can see him in would be ROH or TNA or somewhere in the Indy. WWE, I don't think did a good job with him. Of course if he was still around have classic matches with CM Punk or Matt H or Chavo or Evan B or Kofi K and especially against Rey. I wish he had more opportunity in the WWE. When he was still active in the WWE they should have utilized on Rey and Kidman tag team experience more then what they did with the two together. I mean how many time did we see them feud against each other and teamed up as well. The two reminded me a lot of the Hardyz. Thats why I picked WCW because he had more chances and had tons of great matches as well with WCW.

Yes the match with Kidman and Mysterio vs TWGTT at Vengeance 2003 was good. Who else did he really feud with in the WWE that made him look good. Even when he and Rey was together to me it didn't feel the same as the did in WCW. Their chemistry was great in the WCW and had better matches as welll besides teaming with anyone.

Look at these videos with Rey/Kidman in WCW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQxVVDrvRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UaSS9KjAo4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTbmLX8H_90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZdNGqTCzU

WWE

XPac 2 matches
Tajiri about 10 or so matches
Jamie Noble aka Jamie Knoble with/Jung Dragons in WCW about 10 or so matches
John Cena 2 matches
Matt Hardy 6 matches
Chavo Guerrero also in WCW about 10 or so matches
Paul London 5 matches

To me it look like his most matches were against 2 guys from WCW 2 or 3 guys from WWE. Not many feuds as his career in single division.

Tag partners were London and Rey of course not than many feuds.

I would have love to Team Angle vs Filthy Animals but of course Konnan would never be allow back into the WWE and Juvi was well we know Juvi.!

WCW

lets say alot more opponents even in the heavyweights division then he did in the WWE.

When he teamed with Konnan or Eddie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNgWuF8B0I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5qa3Zg_ckQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNMm67wM8W4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvPZdE66Stw

I'm not hating it just that his career was a little bit better in WCW then WWE.

WWE, for all the reasons JMT said. Look, in WCW, he was treated like a clown prince. He was treated like a joke in The Flock, against Hogan, against Shane Douglas, you get the rest. Sad truth is, WCW was a terrible misuse of his ability. That said, while the WWE wasn't better, he still got programs with Noble, Tajiri, Matt Hardy when he was good, and the like. He didn't have a great run, but at least he waan't a complete after thought, like in WCW.

People remember him more for WCW. But his best work was in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back