What are some of the best promos ever?

EADESER

Dark Match Winner
Hope this is in the right section.

So like the title says whats some of the best promos you've ever seen.

It can be a serious, funny, etc....

What promos had you sucked in from beginning to end and you couldn't get enough of?

Also who do you think were the all round best promo cutters in the business and what I mean by all round promo cutter is they can cut any style of promo i.e. Funny, serious, creative etc... (not just the likes of the Rock which seems to only cut the same kinda of promo every time which is a funny promo, nothing against the Rock no doubt he's one of the best promo cutters but to me he seemed to only cut funny promo's whether a face or heel)

for example Shawn Michaels is one of the best all around promo cutters in my opinion. He can be angry, serious, passionate, funny, and entertaining etc.....

For all round best promo cutters, only 2 names come to mind, Stone Cold Steve Austin & Ric Flair.

SCSA can be both creatively & naturally funny. He's always angry & serious. He doesn't usually cut passionate promos but when he does, they just blow you away, and if you want an example, just watch his sitdown interviews with JR about his match with The Rock at WM 17, you can just see how much he cares & obsesses over getting back the WWF Title to complete his comeback. Austin is just overall entertaining any style he uses on the mic.

I'm not sure if Flair intends to be funny on the mic & whenever he goes crazy in the ring but he just brings out the laughter in fans anyway, so he's naturally funny. He's so creative, I can't count how many nicknames & catchphrases he has. If you want to see a great passionate promo from Flair, just watch his Royal Rumble 92 interview with Mean Gene after he won the Rumble match. And for angry/serious promos, go find his promos on Eric Bischoff & Mick Foley on Youtube, he just blows a gasket in them, and in one promo on Bischoff, he even has a heart attack. Wasn't legit but when I first watched it I thought it was. That's just how believable he was when he was cutting angry, passionate promos like that.

As for best promos, there's so many I'll have to go back and think about it.

Brian Pillman at KOTR - an hour before Austin:3-16 was much better promo and now in history is the equivalent of Bob Morton challenging Dick Jones... "I had to snap Pillman's ankle cos he made a mistake, now it's time to erase that mistake..." It was first, it was better and was the birth of Attitude!

Other than that you're looking at the top 5 being...

Jake Roberts v Ted DiBiase at Wrestlemania 6 - Jake's best promo by a long way, using avarice and DiBiase's superiority against him.

Punk's Pipe Bomb - No way round it - It was a top promo and you could feel the tension on every word. No shoot has ever seemed so real, even if you knew it was worked.

Piper v Bret - At WM8, Piper was excellent by playing up their family connection and the indignant card that Bret was being the "heel" and at his most unlikeable. He did the impossible in making the crowd cheer for him in the match, yet cheer for Bret when he won.

Bob Backlund at KOTR 95 - During his "Mr. Backlund for President" period, "Opie" went on a rant around Philadelphia, covering the Rocky Statue, Cheese-Stake and berating bewildered passers-by. I think it was this promo that put him in the title picture later that year, it was positively bizarre that the guy who jumped about the ring like Eugene on acid had gone so crazed he was a legit heel character. They showed it on WWE.com a couple of weeks back, it hasn't aged... (nor had Backlund when he came back... he could run that gimmick now)

Owen Hart turning on Bret - Sure he got the phrase wrong, but that was what made the promo so good. Owen had finally snapped and all reason and sense went with it, thus "I kicked your leg out of your leg" which set Owen up perhaps better than had he got every line right.

Hmm

Interesting choices there but I honestly think The Rock had the best promos over the entire length of his career. He could talk about anything, anyone at anytime and get the fans into it. I've been a fan of professional wrestling since I can remember and theres no doubt in my mind if the wwf/e needed to wake up the audience the rock would do the trick. It wasn't about the rocks feuds, it wasn't about respect and it wasn't his title reigns, no he had the voice to convince an average guy off the street to become a wrestling fan just by listening to the rocks promo. No one will ever match his talent for promos...

Shout out to HBK, Y2J, Edge (even though you're overrated as heck), and kurt angle...those guys could give solid promos as well so they get honorable mention

The Rock in Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4htcn-tB4A

Shawn Michaels in Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgW2G5QoHFY&feature=related -- Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6UAAgcRfcY&feature=related -- Part 2

If I was a wrestling trainer trying to teach people how to get heat from a crowd these two promos would be my source material. They put on a freaking clinic at how to get a crowd pissed off at you.

Brith of Austin 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhgVji4US6E

ECW promo by Steve Austin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEgdQdhjCE

One began an era, the other was the roots of what would become the biggest star and gimik in the history of the industry. There are others but those are some of my personal favorites.

Hey guys! This is my first post so bare with me :) but one of my favorite promos was on the Smackdown after Kane won the World Heavyweight Championship in 2010 and he cut a promo about the title coming back to the dark side. The promo was awesome, the lighting really helped the eery setting, and the videos throughout the promo were just well put together. IMO it was some of Kane's best mic work and a seriously underrated promo.

Another one of the best promos was when Joey Styles quit RAW after Jerry Lawler pushed him down. That promo was great because you could really feel the frustration and emotion in Joey Styles' words. You could tell he was really speaking from the heart and honestly, I thought that was better than CM Punk's shoot.

this best promo ever is when the rock destroys billy gunn and camera man gets jumped by chyna and billy gunn and still maintains to get the last word

You want best promos... Look at the rock. No one has ever held the fans in the palm of there hands more than the rock. When hes face everyone loves him and will chant his name every 5mins.. And when hes heel his promos are awesome mainly because he adds humour. Think back to austin wm last match, goldberg, when he came back from hollywood. When the guy speaks doing promos fans truly stop and listen, now adays fans dont give a shit. Eg. Del rios, sheamus, ziggles, promos etc

No love for Mick Foley? Come on guys!! Cane Dewey and the rocks this is your life are two of.the top promos of all time. The cane Dewey promo still gives me goosebumps and the this is hour life for the rock was just sheer brilliance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back