Best Promos?

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
Top 5 superstars who are the best at promos that make the sport great. That does make it seem so real its crazy. Then there are the top 5 superstars who can't cut a promo to save there careers. Or get over as a face/heel. Its sad that some tried but fail. Some who can shoot a promo that just makes you watch it more. Keeps you coming back tuning into raw or smackdown just saying wow this is exciting.

1. The best at promos and the best in the world just keeps you watching saying this is REAL. You know the "Pipe Bomb" brought out fans back in 2011 wanting to do the same thing the top promo shooter Cmpunk did then. Now. This Guy was underrated then. Not now. Cmpunk got over by the promo he did. He told the truth. He kept that storyline going. It was exciting to watch no matter what. I tuned in to just here another promo. I still do.

2. Promo + Ass Kicker = the 2nd best promo guy in this business because he did something that a lot of people didn't do. But wanted to. Kick your bosses ass and say a promo about your boss to his face. Lets face the facts that nobody will ever replace Stone Cold Freaking Austin. Ever. He could get over just telling someone he was going to stone cold stunner him. Also lets just admit this. Stone cold definitely backed up his trash talking.

3. Damien Sandow brings a attitude era promo to a pg era gun fight and delivers. He is the best cocky promo experience I have seen since the attitude era was around. It helps get him over.

4. Tied. Chris Jericho & Kane will always bring out a intelligent & Serious promo that nobody will ever say they don't deserve thos top 5 award. Kane's a monster who doesn't need to cut a promo but just adds it to look like that intelligent monster. Which is scary. Big words + a monster = awesome. Chris jericho is the intelligent & Serious guy as a heel. Sometimes as a face but the cocky jericho shined. He's still one of the best face and heel promo shooter out there.

5. Scary, intimidating, & evil is the promos that makes any segment look great. Bray Wyatt is a tremendous worker on the microphone. He helps get the family over and the attack on R-Truth over. Great job Wwe by making this happen.

Runner ups....
1. Mark Henry
2. Edge
3. Undertaker

Then there are the guys who suck so bad at promos we want to rip out our hair.

1. Ryback. Does he Need a inhaler after saying a word? Especially when its a fast sentence. Don't give Him the damn mic. Give him a mouthpiece. The speculation was that Vickie would be his manager but now she the smackdown manager unless they do Edge & Vickie 2.0 or Her and Dolph 2.0 I don't think its her.

2. Stop throwing him down our throat as a face or a heel. He sucked the fiest time as a heel and the promos was all about destiny. Boo. Face was about being nice to fans and giving a cheesy speach to zeb about how Mexicans are here for a opportunity. I get it but don't care. We already kbow that. He sucks at promos. The only thing good is his in ring work.

Now I wanna know the 3rd 4th & 5th superstars or divas who can't do a promo. I'm giving you guys the chance. Then explain. Then I want to know your opinions on my picks for both categories.

Thank You Guys and have fun debating. Logan_Punisher.

When you brought up Zeb Coulter in your ADR explanation, immediately I thought Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. They have a mouthpiece because their mic abilities (or lack of in Swaggers case) make the fans decide to take a bathroom break when they grab a mic. Cesaro has potential still as he can cut decent promos, he just needs to get more over with the fans. Swagger is a lost cause and should never hold a mic as long as he continues to be in the Sports Entertainment industry.

As for the last one to fill the list is RVD. Yes he is extremely over due to his in ring ability (has he even put on a bad match since his return), but that is it. His runs as champ don't last long due to the fact that he has no charisma on the mic, he seriously talks like he's perma stoned, and the fans refuse to buy into a champ who can't sell his craft on the mic.

One guy who I have always liked on the mic is Christian. He makes me believe that what he does is real, has a great comedic edge to his promos and seriously seems passionate about his craft.

When you brought up Zeb Coulter in your ADR explanation, immediately I thought Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. They have a mouthpiece because their mic abilities (or lack of in Swaggers case) make the fans decide to take a bathroom break when they grab a mic. Cesaro has potential still as he can cut decent promos, he just needs to get more over with the fans. Swagger is a lost cause and should never hold a mic as long as he continues to be in the Sports Entertainment industry.

As for the last one to fill the list is RVD. Yes he is extremely over due to his in ring ability (has he even put on a bad match since his return), but that is it. His runs as champ don't last long due to the fact that he has no charisma on the mic, he seriously talks like he's perma stoned, and the fans refuse to buy into a champ who can't sell his craft on the mic.

One guy who I have always liked on the mic is Christian. He makes me believe that what he does is real, has a great comedic edge to his promos and seriously seems passionate about his craft.
Christian is tied with Edge. I agree though. Christian is a crafty guy in his heel days. Cutting promos was his positive. He could easily been a World Heavyweight Champiob before Edge did but still was a excellent performer no matter what in my opinion.

Im really confused at what this thread is actually about. If it is a list of the best promo givers in history than it is a terrible list. Where is The Rock, Ric Flair, Piper, Angle, Cena, Foley etc..

Punk is not the best talker the business has ever scene. I dont even think he is top 5

Like I said i am not really sure where you were going with this thread but CM Punk is not number 1 on any all time pro wrestling list

First things first, anyone that actually tells me that Antonio Cesaro is more than terrible in the mic skills area will be instantly ignored as an intelligent wrestling fan. I will automatically think that you are an idiot that wants to believe that your indy guy should be in the main event, when in reality he should be in NXT still training and adapting.

Now onto the best promo guys in the company, which I think it's not difficult given what they did in their careers. I will only talk about wrestlers, since managers like Paul Heyman and Zeb Coulter are needed because they can talk.

1. CM PUNK AND JOHN CENA
The best promo guy or at least the one that has been constantly good since his debut is CM Punk. However he's tied in with John Cena in the top spot and I have reasons for it. CM Punk is very passionate about professional wrestling, he's very good delivering his content, however the quality of CM Punk's content is always better than the one Cena gets. People hate Cena for being the same old guy from the past ten years, but that just shows how good he is. He's telling you the same crap, over and over again and still find motivation to deliver promos like the one he did with Ryback or Daniel Bryan this year alone. So content is the thing that is making more people biased on that to think CM Punk is better. CM Punk can work promos about other companies, about his true feelings or about a legendary manager that passed away. Cena flat out can't, he's gonna tell you the same exact thing and still be the one that gets more attention, just to show how good he really is.

2. Mike "The Miz" Mizzanin
There is absolutely no one in that company that can work a crowd with a microphone on their hands better than The Miz. Essentially this guy is the one that can sell you a match with one week notice - I'm looking to the Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz on Main Event (where Kofi won the title). He created a lot of buzz in a week period to make people watch it. He can be annoying sometimes, but that his style and that makes people react. Right now he isn't doing anything similar to relevant, his last real feud was probably against The Rock and John Cena at Survivor Series but whenever he's needed, he can go to the ring and easily make the crowd chant "Walrus" just for the sake of it. Some of his best work was done in 2010/2011, specially the MVP promo, his work with Daniel Bryan and last but not least, his work with John Cena and The Rock.

3. RANDY ORTON
There is absolutely no one in the company that can be as menacing as Randy Orton when the time to cut a promo comes. He's this generation Jake Roberts when it comes to intensity and for the past two years, he hasn't being having the chance to do it more often, like he actually did in 2009 in one of the best build-ups that we have seen towards WM25 against Triple H. He can still pull one out of the bat like he showed in his feud against Kane in 2011. He can still make the crowd go nuts just by saying "My name is..." and just like he's been showing us, when a heel turn comes on, he'll be the first one to prove you that he never lost his ability to be the best damn heel in sports entertainment history.

4. DAMIEN SANDOW
When was the last time that a rookie showed such brilliance by portraying a character that needs to talk a lot? Sure Wade Barrett can come close to that since he was, easily the rookie of the year 2010, but my god... Damien Sandow is a perfect example of how gimmicks still work in the WWE. Nobody cares for Damien Sandow in-ring work, he's a solid worker, not a brilliant one, not a bad one too. People want to see him talk. He could talk to us for 40 minutes and make us laugh, boo, cheer without blinking an eye. He's obviously a comedy char most of times, but his facial expressions and his ruthless in the ring, will most certainly be more featured in his promo work with this push. I'm enjoying and I'm 100% sure that you all are enjoying it.

5. MARK HENRY
I've always been a fan of Mark Henry, being a Texan he has that accent that helps. It does! The Texan accent is one of the best for wrestlers, if you talk like dear ol' Steve Austin, people will most certainly hear you and pay attention. However, I'm not gonna give him only that, I'll also give praise for the way he can be versatile. One minute he can make one of the most dramatic promos ever (his fake retirement) and fool us ALL, and in the other, he can get boo'ed so heavily that would make Vickie Guerrero jealous. However for the last weeks/months, he will get more cheers than John Cena tough. He's and always has been an underrated promo worker, but by god, did he proved himself.

Honorable Mentions to:
- The Big Show
- AJ Lee
- Dolph Ziggler
- Daniel Bryan
- Wade Barrett

- Comedy Reliefs that are also talented:
- Santino Marella
- Titus O'Neil

- Over and Underrated talkers
1. Over - Alberto Del Rio
2. Over - Christian
3. Over - Sheamus
4. Over - CM Punk

1. Under - John Cena
2. Under - The Miz
3. Under - Randy Orton
4. Under - Wade Barrett

So, as most of you must have got it, I'm a guy that absolutely loves a good promo. I think that the in-ring part is fantastic, I like the way wrestlers can brilliantly tell me a story through the pace of the match, their moves and their body expressions, but I like even more to see a motivated wrestler going out there, with solid content and deliver me/us a good promo work. I'll always be hooked when one of these five guys talk, however I'm not gonna lie, I would probably fast forward one of their matches.

Now when it comes to awful guys with the microphone, no one and I really mean no one, not even Great Khali is worse than Antonio Cesaro. Khali just flat out can't speak english, but his gimmick isn't even needed for him to talk. Cesaro on the other hand, just makes me feel awkward watching television. Whenever he goes to the ring with a microphone, I automatically feel that whatever I am watching is fake. He can't show emotions and he can't garner any heat with a reason. However he's fantastic in the ring and probably top 5 in the company in that area, but he's an awful talker. Hell, he makes Hornswoggle look like a runner for the US Presidency.

Were's foley on this list he was probably the best talker there was.
Mick Foley slipped my mind. I apologize. He's a serious mic worker. Has had the top promos with Cmpunk, Ryback, & John Cena. He is capable of helping feuds. In the long run I wouldn't mind a feud for Foley. Just depends on the opponent, physical well being, and the right storyline.

Im really confused at what this thread is actually about. If it is a list of the best promo givers in history than it is a terrible list. Where is The Rock, Ric Flair, Piper, Angle, Cena, Foley etc..

Punk is not the best talker the business has ever scene. I dont even think he is top 5

Like I said i am not really sure where you were going with this thread but CM Punk is not number 1 on any all time pro wrestling list
I'm not overshadowing any legends. Believe me Piper, Flair, & The Rock are all great on the mic but I wanted to say Damien Sandow & Bray Wyatt deserved on this list. I know those legends do to but I will say there up there on the list to.
as for your cmpunk comment I totally disagree. Cmpunk is one of the best getting over by his promo. His in ring work is great but his promo in 2011. Fantastic. His promo against Undertaker. Awesome. 2013 with Heyman was great. He's number one in my opinion. I understand your point but let people have there opinions like I respect yours.

I'm not overshadowing any legends. Believe me Piper, Flair, & The Rock are all great on the mic but I wanted to say Damien Sandow & Bray Wyatt deserved on this list. I know those legends do to but I will say there up there on the list to.
as for your cmpunk comment I totally disagree. Cmpunk is one of the best getting over by his promo. His in ring work is great but his promo in 2011. Fantastic. His promo against Undertaker. Awesome. 2013 with Heyman was great. He's number one in my opinion. I understand your point but let people have there opinions like I respect yours.

Are you saying number 1 on the current roster? Well maybe but I would say he is tied with Cena and Bray

You confused me because you mentioned Edge and Austin who aren't current wrestlers but left out the rest of the legends like the ones that I mentioned

I wasnt disrespecting your opinion...I literally had no clue what you were talking about

It depends what you are looking for, if you want a promo delivered with passion, honesty and realism, as if it the words are coming from a person rather than a persona, then Foley, Piper, Punk and Shawn Michaels are the best guys in the business. Cena can also be on this list at times when he's given the chance and not forced into the poor comedy stuff he's given.

If you want the best hype men then Hogan and Flair are still the reigning champs IMO with Dusty, Austin and The Rock close behind. These are promos that don't have depth or content to them but have energy and buzz words delivered at a rapid pace with energy and charisma.

Of course Flair can also do earnest promos as can Dusty, and Mick Foley has the ability to do the dramatic promos, comedy promos and psychological promos depending one which version of him is out there.

Speaking of psychological promos brings me to one of the very best ever, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, whether cutting philosophical promos as a blue collar face, or cutting creepy mindfuck promos as a heel, he was immense and never had to raise his voice, his tone and articulation captivated.

I'm not sure if we are reviewing all-time or the current roster. You include Austin on the list but if that is your top 5 of all time then I have some serious questions.

Anyway, if we are talking about the current roster the two stand-outs are Punk and Cena. Punk has delivered as both heel and face, the "pipebomb" promo was one of the best for years and he is delivering in the feud with Heyman. CM Punk is passionate and has a very high standard for promos which he is really showing it in recent years.

Cena is, in my opinion, an expert on the mic. I don't care if people hate him but he is very good at working the live audience and those sitting at home. He gives the perfect balance to the stupid jokes; yet, becomes serious when needed - sight last week on Raw. His promos when speaking about The Rock, Punk and Bryan were all fantastic wrestling promos but he is still adored by his fan-base because he is versatile.

Damien Sandow is an articulate guy who's work has been refreshing and enjoyable. Indeed, it makes him stand-out which is clearly showing with his recent push. I'm intrigued to see how far he can go because there are many feuds I want to see happen involving the well-spoken Damien Sandow.

If we are looking at the best promos of all time; The Rock, Austin, Flair, HHH, Jericho, Foley are at the top in my eyes. Personally, my favourite of all time is The Rock simply because of his charisma and the comedy aspect.

The best two wrestlers to work a mic in the WWE(F) were Jake Roberts and The Rock. That you didn't include them on your list is puzzling... Flair, Piper and Jericho deserve a nod as well... but for me, Rocky and Roberts stand head and shoulders above the rest

I don't know if you mean all-time or from the current roster, but since you used Austin and mentioned Rock and others, I'll assume you mean all time best promo cutters.

1. I'm always gonna have The Rock on the top of my list. The man was gold. He can be funny, serious, intimidating, jovial, condescending or whatever. It was great. To this day, I still think his Toronto promo was one of the best heel promos to have ever been cut, period. Even his bad ones are far above par (anyone who can have the crowd chanting about kung-pao chicken is something special).

2. Roddy Piper should never be forgotten in this category. Piper's Pit was the OG talk show segment and Piper was the man to host it for a reason. He had wit and natural comfort on the mic, which was a rarity in the days of bad guys who were hulking and silent or needed managers hand and foot.

3. I might catch some flak for this, but CM Punk could legit finish his career as the best talker to ever lace up. No one has been able to shoot on screen like Punk because he is literally one of the only wrestlers who know when, where, and how to effectively break kayfabe. Plus, he plays the sarcasm and subliminals extremely well. People now might rank him lower just because he hasn't retired yet but Punk is up there.

4. As much as I've come to hate the What? chant, Stone Cold is also one of the best. He really embodied the reckless abandon of his character. The way he spoke clearly showed he could give less of a damn what anyone said, and every rebel character needs such a slang.

5. I'm going to go out on a limb and throw in Goldust. Seriously. The guy was everything you'd ever want in a good talker. He played his part to limits unforeseen, he had the body language to back it up, and most importantly he never had any limits. I still remember to this day watching Goldust practically molest The Undertaker without any hesitation whatsoever. I swear I almost saw Taker laugh, too.

EDIT: As an honorable mention, I damn near put R-Truth on this list. I loved the summer of Punk as much as anyone, but Truth was my favorite star of 2011, period. The whole Little Jimmy shtick (before Vince let it become a parody of itself for some T shirt sales) and conspiracy talk was literally my entire reason for watching Raw for a number of week. I wish they'd cash in on that again before he retires. It'd be a damn shame to one-and-done that.

If you talk and no one listens, does it matter if you are decent on the mic? Cause that's what happens with punk. I doubt new fans tune in because of cm punk.

There is a lot of plain stupidity in this topic. Cm punk does not even make a top ten list of best talkers. Cm punk does not increase buy rates or grab mainstream attention. Great talkers draw huge business. Stone cold and rock are the top two talkers in wrestling history, and both drew millions of viewers in because they could talk. Shawn michaels, hhh, Bret hart, mick foley, jake the snake, Scott hall, ric flair, Rick ride, Brian pillman, Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho all cut better promos than punk and its hard to disagree with that.

If you talk and no one listens, does it matter if you are decent on the mic? Cause that's what happens with punk. I doubt new fans tune in because of cm punk.

Referring to yourself here? Punk consistently gets if not the top reaction, definitely top two or three with Cena and Bryan week in, week out. I tend to think people listen to what CM Punk has to say.

There is a lot of plain stupidity in this topic.

Your reply perhaps? That's really about it.

Cm punk does not even make a top ten list of best talkers. Cm punk does not increase buy rates or grab mainstream attention. Great talkers draw huge business.

CM Punk is THE best talker in the WWE right now. His pipe bomb promo in 2011 was the best promo people had seen in years. Until Mark Henry came along and fooled us all, nothing, and I mean NOTHING had come close to it since. Oh, and there was that brief period when CM Punk out-sold John Cena in merch. But that doesn't count for business...

Stone cold and rock are the top two talkers in wrestling history, and both drew millions of viewers in because they could talk. Shawn michaels, hhh, Bret hart, mick foley, jake the snake, Scott hall, ric flair, Rick ride, Brian pillman, Vince McMahon, Chris Jericho all cut better promos than punk and its hard to disagree with that.

The only part you have right is that Stone Cold and The Rock are AMONG the top talkers in wrestling history. I put Piper ahead of them both, and Flair ahead of them all. Bret Hart made me yawn up until 1997. The only thing I remember Brian Pillman for is the home invasion Raw with Austin. I don't remember a single Pillman promo.

And Scott Hall? Seriously, you put Scott Hall ahead of Punk? Um, no, just no. "Hey Yo", and "Chico" does not classify as great promo work. That's about all I ever remember out of Scott Hall's promos.

Referring to yourself here? Punk consistently gets if not the top reaction, definitely top two or three with Cena and Bryan week in, week out. I tend to think people listen to what CM Punk has to say.

Your reply perhaps? That's really about it.

CM Punk is THE best talker in the WWE right now. His pipe bomb promo in 2011 was the best promo people had seen in years. Until Mark Henry came along and fooled us all, nothing, and I mean NOTHING had come close to it since. Oh, and there was that brief period when CM Punk out-sold John Cena in merch. But that doesn't count for business...

the only part you have right is that Stone Cold and The Rock are AMONG the top talkers in wrestling history. I put Piper ahead of them both, and Flair ahead of them all. Bret Hart made me yawn up until 1997. The only thing I remember Brian Pillman for is the home invasion Raw with Austin. I don't remember a single Pillman promo.

And Scott Hall? Seriously, you put Scott Hall ahead of Punk? Um, no, just no. "Hey Yo", and "Chico" does not classify as great promo work. That's about all I ever remember out of Scott Hall's promos.
I agree that this thread is kinda dumb. This is just another CM Punk love fest. Come on dude Punk is not top 10 talker all time.

Ill give you more than ten guys and you tell me which one Punk is better than on the mic..Austin, Rock, Piper, Flair, Foley, Jericho, JBL, Dusty Rhodes, Jake the Snake, Billy Graham, Randy Savage, HBK...and I could keep going

The OP list was ridiculous. Anyone that says Punk is number 1 all time is either a child or is blinded by their love for Punk

And who the hell cares that he beat Cena in merch sales. If he was really the best Cena would be the one trying to beat Punk in sales.

Top reactions from people that are already watching the show. Hogan's promos used to get top reactions. Was he the best promo guy in WCW? Its not like people are tuning in just to watch Punk cut a promo. Punk does not bring in lots of new fans like Austin or Rock did.

Maybe it was the best promo of 2011- but 2011 was not a great year for wrestling. Rock cut some pretty fun promos when he returned and just him standing in the ring excited more people than CM Punk pretending to shoot.

The only part you have right is that Stone Cold and The Rock are AMONG the top talkers in wrestling history. I put Piper ahead of them both, and Flair ahead of them all. Bret Hart made me yawn up until 1997. The only thing I remember Brian Pillman for is the home invasion Raw with Austin. I don't remember a single Pillman promo.

I did not list the people in any order but I certainly think Scott Hall cut a better promo than Punk, and CM Punk's promos are generally pretty boring-similiar to Bret Hart pre 1997. Scott Hall cut some great stuff in the NWO and it wasnt scripted either. Punk stands out right now because he has almost no competition in WWE. There is the Part time guys- all bigger stars than Punk and Cena who is certainly a much bigger star than Punk. Just because he is one of the better guys now- does not mean he is great at it.

Steve Austin was always my favorite when it came to mic work. It wouldnt matter what was going on...when he was on your tv...YOU LISTEN. His delivery was 90% of what made his promos successful. His intensity was second to none.

Will always be #1 on my list.

Stone Cold is def number 1 of all time- its very hard to argue about that. THe guy that won the rating wars due to promos!

I am confused by this thread, I dont even know what the meaning of it is....

But if we are talking great talkers currently in the WWE, then at the moment there are 3 who stand out in recent weeks/months.

Damien Sandow - SILENCE. His delivery is fantastic. He draws heat so easily.
Zeb Colter - I could listen to his gospel all day long.
Bray Wyatt - Same as Zeb. This guy is a great talker. Fits his character perfectly.

Stone Cold is def number 1 of all time- its very hard to argue about that. The guy that won the rating wars due to promos!
The Rock was more known and better than Austin at cutting promos...Austin didnt win anything by himself, it was a collective effort from the most stacked wrestling roster in history.

Austin was known for comedy skits more than anything else. His best known work doesn't even involve him having a microphone. The beer bath, Zamboni, Mcmahon in the hospital, he didnt talk in any of these. The Rock on the other hand is mostly known for promos.

Why does everyone on here completely overrate Austin and CM Punk?

Yea Austin won the ratings wars by himself right....Rock, Y2J, HHH, New Age Outlaws, Mick Foley, Hardy Boys, Edge and Christian, Vince Mcmahon, Trish Stratus, Lita, Undertaker, Kane, HBK, Kurt Angle, Dudley Boyz, Sable, Benoit, APA, Godfather, and Too Cool had nothing to do with beating WCW...it was all Austin

Hell without HBK there might not have been a WWF for Austin to be the face of

It depends what it is you are looking for in a promo. For CM Punk, he spoke a truth that everyone was thinking but too scared to say. He is a realist. He can improvise. Currently, he is my favorite talker, but is unique in that he doesn't use specific catchphrases or techniques to get him over. He says what is on everyone's mind.

In terms of consistent quality and overall fan appeal, you can't deny guys like The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Roddy Piper, John Cena, Mick Foley and Hulk Hogan a spot on this "list". All are unique in their deliverance and presentation, but ultimately have the same goal... to get the fans hyped. In that respect, they are typical talkers, but their crafty techniques and mannerisms are what made them who they were. Sometimes talking is the key, and for those listed, you could argue that talking was or is their best attribute.

Guys like Damien Sandow and Bray Wyatt bring something completely new and fresh which is exciting considering most new stars brought in have to be nurtured for some time when talking comes into play. Sure, some of the biggest names can't or could not talk - Brock Lesnar and Rob Van Dam are examples. These two I am very much looking forward to seeing and hearing in the future. In addition, I noticed on this past edition of Monday Night Raw how skilled Cody Rhodes is as a talker. He should be with his father being Dusty Rhodes and half-brother being Goldust, but still. He is knowledgeable and has an appeal. We got a taste of that back in 2011 during his very good heel run and Intercontinental Championship reign, and I hope it returns.

The Rock was more known and better than Austin at cutting promos...Austin didnt win anything by himself, it was a collective effort from the most stacked wrestling roster in history.

You are correct that it was the whole WWF that collectively won. But Austin/McMahon certainly led the WWE. People who did not even know wrestling, knew who Stone Cold was. His picture was everywhere in 1997 -1999. I think Rock and Stone Cold are so close at cutting promos that its hard to say who the better man is. Rock and Stone Cold are the top two stars in the history of wrestling, with Hogan a close 3rd. Whenever you read interviews with wrestlers talking about 1997-2000, they always credit Austin as the best talker in the business.

Austin was known for comedy skits more than anything else. His best known work doesn't even involve him having a microphone. The beer bath, Zamboni, Mcmahon in the hospital, he didnt talk in any of these. The Rock on the other hand is mostly known for promos.

I think Austin was most known for his feud with Vince. His short promo on Jake the Snake has got to be up there as one of the best promos of all time. It started a revolution in the world of wrestling.

Hell without HBK there might not have been a WWF for Austin to be the face of

This is irrelevant. I happen to think HBK is the best all around in the history of the biz- great in the ring, great on the mic, look, charism. But thats beside the point. Without Hogan or Warrior there may be no HBK- how far back to you wanna go? Austin and Rock are the top two promos and biggest draws in wrestling history- they may never be passed.

For me Ric Flair is the greatest bar none! his intensity & passion is so entertaining. He still cut a promo better then most people in either company. That's why I want to see him back on TV, but that's for another discussion.

The two people on the mic I really enjoy today besides Flair, is CM Punk because of his honesty and his dropping of "Pipebombs"

The other is Paul Heyman: He plays his character so well I think back to that segment here Vince was about to fire him and then Brock returned, that was classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back