What Happened to Crimson?

mace87

Occasional Pre-Show
I started watching TNA about 3 years ago and at that point Crimson was undefeated for something like 16 months and looking like a strong young wrestler for the future.

He then faced James Storm I think a BFG and lost which at the time are found weird as it was a weak way to end Crimson's undefeated especially when it came to nothing and Crimson disappeared from TNA all together!!!

So my question is what actually happened to Crimson???

This is going strictly off memory, so correct me if I'm off on a thing or two.

He came back after a long time off. Cut a promo making you think he was going to go on a run. Lost his qualifying match for some tournament (BFG Series?), and was released.

Yeah. Not TNA's most shining moment.

I remember mentioning it in the LOLTNA thread before his actual release and someone (IDR maybe?) refuting my criticism saying that he was still going to do big things. That worked out.

A shame too. I thought Crimson had potential.

He was primed to do big things. I have no idea why they bailed on him, or what actually occurred with his release. My guess is he asked for it, having been sent back to OVW after losing to Storm, despite being called back up and being slightly repackaged (in that Army mercenary gimmick he was running in OVW).

I wish I could say what really happened, but I just don't know.

I started watching TNA about 3 years ago and at that point Crimson was undefeated for something like 16 months and looking like a strong young wrestler for the future.

He then faced James Storm I think a BFG and lost which at the time are found weird as it was a weak way to end Crimson's undefeated especially when it came to nothing and Crimson disappeared from TNA all together!!!

So my question is what actually happened to Crimson???

I don't think it was 16 months. More like a year. He lost to Storm at Slammiversary 2012. I think the plan was to send him back to OVW for more work on his wrestling in 2013. He barked at it. So, since TNA was in a financial disaster in 2013 it was pretty much an easy decision to release him.

He then ended up having major knee surgery and was going to miss several months of wrestling.

The last thing I heard about Crimson was that he was quitting wrestling altogether to pursue acting.

this is pure speculation on my part but I think when Hogan and Bischoff were still around and doing everything they could to turn it into WCW 2.0 they wanted him to be the next Goldberg. That's why they gave him the undefeated streak. the problem with undefeated streaks as a way to get talent over is that once they lose a match the most intriguing part of their character is gone, Goldberg and Ryback are perfect examples. Once he lost they didn't know what to do with him, and decided to just let him go.

He didn't retire.

He's currently in a tag team with The Amazing Red. They're the tag champs in a promotion called House of Glory.

They're scheduled to defend their titles against some team called Safari Zone on November 1st.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to the company's website here but if you're really interested you can look it up I guess.

The same thing that happened with Magnus- he was pushed really hard, a few people believed it but not nearly enough to have merited the big push, and then he got demoted back to a status more appropriate to him, before being let go from the company.

Magnus is still with TNA for now, but I'm pretty sure he's putting the D in Dixie Carter.

Magnus is still with TNA for now, but I'm pretty sure he's putting the D in Dixie Carter.

More like he's been giving Mickie some quickies. Sorry, it was too good, I had to say it.

As far as Crimson goes, I believed the hype. For week 1. After that I didn't think he was that good. I think they had completely forgotten about him at one point. And they realized, "Oh, he's still undefeated." So he had an open challenge at Slammiversary and jobbed to Storm in 2 minutes. Personally, I don't think he was that good at that point. I guess TNA also felt that way, and poof, no more Crimson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back