What I think should happen with Wrestlemania.

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
It seems that Wrestlemania will either be delayed or cancelled.

The mayor of Florida doesn't want big events at a time like this, and there won't be any fans anyway.

Here is my idea:-

-Where does it say that Wrestlemania HAS to be held in March or April.

My idea would be to have WM 36 this year (hopefully), but move it tentatively to later in the year, around Sept-Oct-Nov.

Then, move some of the other PPVs.
\
I don't think the WM card is the greatest WM ever, so I would continue the matches booked, but instead of having WM on April 5, move it to the performance centre, with no crowd, and call it "Fast Lane" instead.

Here's how I would do the calendar for the next few months.

April- Fast Lane
May- Extreme Rules
June- Money-In-The-Bank
July- Clash Of Champions
August- Summerslam
September- Hell-In-A-Cell
October Wrestlemania 36 (tentative)
Early Nov Crown Jewel
Late Nov Survivor Series
December TLC-Tables, Ladders & Chairs.

By doing this, the next four PPVs, up to August, are minor PPVs, which you could then hold in the Performance Centre, with no crowd, and really push being able to watch it on the WWE Network.

I put Wrestlemania in October, because it is months away, and things might be better by then. Also, in August, WWE can assess things, and see if things are better. It would be tentative because it depends if the coronavirus has got better or worse, and availability of arenas (I know that this is during NFL season, so most stadiums are being used).

If things are better, and the world is on top of COVID-19, then WWE can start planning Wrestlemania, around August, start advertising, and use Summerslam and Hell-In-A-Cell as a springboard to launch Wrestlemania season.

This also allows WWE to plan a new Wrestlemania card, or somehow drag some of the feuds now to Wrestlemania (who knows, WWE may even have to close down for a month or two).

I think putting Wrestlemania later in the year, this year only, is preferable to having one without a crowd, or no Wrestlemania at all. It would depend heavily on how the situation is come August, September, October, but I have heard that peak period may be May, so we will hopefully be coming down the coronavirus mountain by then.

It would also allow for a bumper second half of the year, with Summerslam, Wrestlemania AND Survivor Series just a month apart from each other, but it might be better to have the lesser PPVs now, and the bigger ones later on.

Would you like to see Wrestlemania 36 moved to later this year, if things are better, and it is safe for people to attend again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back