What if the NXT season 2 hazing backfires?

The Con Volt

Your Straight-Edge Savior
We all just saw it. After Matt Striker asked this season's rookies what they thought of last night's gang rape, the pro's proceeded to do a little hazing of their own. My question is, will this act more than likely backfire, and eventually just make ALL of the NXT rookies join forces in an NWO/Alliance type faction?

I think they at least planted the seed for it tonight. The WWE writers showed us once again that kayfabe is non-existent on this show by having faces flat out attacking other potential faces without any physical provocation. It's a breath of fresh air in this industry and you can tell that we in the IWC aren't the only ones eating it up. This whole chronicle involving NXT and whatever has happened on other shows has been wrestling TV gold. And tonight was no exception. By getting the other shows involved in this very real feeling angle, Vince and company have been increasing the interest of the overall product.

Bravo

totally agree with you 100 %. This is only going to build up the heat. But if they do it too quickly how are they going to fill 11 more weeks of nxt programming ? I think it might take awhile for it to happen but eventually 8 will become 16 and they will feud with both brands. Eventually there will be an outside "mastermind" brought in (vince, micheal cole, or vince and triple H as there leader). Fantastic job, i was into nxt 100 % as i wll be into smackdown this week to see what happens next.

What if the hazings backfire? A great show that's what.

The prospect of them still having competitons and the rookies plotting against the pros is a great thought and I can't wait to see how it plays out. The rookies will still be giving it their all to win the competion to get the title shot(if that's still the prize) but all the while plotting and scheming against the pros and maybe joining forces with their season 1 predecessors or making a completly different faction. I'm leaning towards the better season 1 rookies picking out a few of the better season 2 rookies to join them and dropping the shitty season 1 guys like Slater and Young.

What if the hazings backfire? A great show that's what.

The prospect of them still having competitons and the rookies plotting against the pros is a great thought and I can't wait to see how it plays out. The rookies will still be giving it their all to win the competion to get the title shot(if that's still the prize) but all the while plotting and scheming against the pros and maybe joining forces with their season 1 predecessors or making a completly different faction. I'm leaning towards the better season 1 rookies picking out a few of the better season 2 rookies to join them and dropping the shitty season 1 guys like Slater and Young.

Yeah, they'd have to trim the fat a little. I'm thinking Tarver, both south beach party boys (Young and Watson) and Husky Harris don't belong in the same ring with the rest of these guys.

What's interesting is you can see that this faction isn't necessarily gonna be heel. On RAW, it seemed clear that the rookies were heel. But last night, 8 men who had absolutely nothing to do with the RAW attack got their asses handed to them by faces and heels alike. So Vince is obviously going for the NWO type of deal by making it so it's cool to pick sides. Case and point? I WANT THAT FUCKING ARM BAND.

totally agree with you 100 %. This is only going to build up the heat. But if they do it too quickly how are they going to fill 11 more weeks of nxt programming ? I think it might take awhile for it to happen but eventually 8 will become 16 and they will feud with both brands. Eventually there will be an outside "mastermind" brought in (vince, micheal cole, or vince and triple H as there leader). Fantastic job, i was into nxt 100 % as i wll be into smackdown this week to see what happens next.

This is a great angle but I think bringing in some leader that's been with the company would really take away from the rookies'. I remember RVD talking about the Invasion and how, since Austin and Angle joined the Alliance with Stephanie and Shane as owners, it really became WWE vs WWE with some guys from WCW and ECW thrown in. If they add someone else, it'd just be WWE pro vs WWE pro and some young guys.

Yeah, they'd have to trim the fat a little. I'm thinking Tarver, both south beach party boys (Young and Watson) and Husky Harris don't belong in the same ring with the rest of these guys.

What's interesting is you can see that this faction isn't necessarily gonna be heel. On RAW, it seemed clear that the rookies were heel. But last night, 8 men who had absolutely nothing to do with the RAW attack got their asses handed to them by faces and heels alike. So Vince is obviously going for the NWO type of deal by making it so it's cool to pick sides. Case and point? I WANT THAT FUCKING ARM BAND.

I NEED that armband, it reminds me of the Akatsuki and their rings on Naruto, something that symbolizes membership besides a lame ass t-shirt.

On to the subject of it backfiring, realistically it should. All they did was attack a bunch of guys that had nothing to do with what happened, I could see the rest of them because they were poppin' off at the mouth but Percy Watson wasn't a complete douche about the situation and they attacked him. The same could be said for Titus O'Neil because we don't know what the fuck he was talking about, it's the same with season 1. The pros started this shit with the whole "respect" thing like most of them had done something to be respected, aside from Jericho and Punk who had world title reigns in the company and Regal who just deserves respect, non of them had really done a whole lot and, if I remember correctly, Miz slapped Daniel Bryan first. I'm just saying, if the season 2 guys turn, the Pros only have themselves to blame. And what the fuck was Titus O'Neil talking about?

Last night upon seeing the "hazing" I asked myself a question.

Why are they trying to combat what the Season 1 rookies done to John Cena when clearly the disrespect some of the pro's showed their rookie's (i.e. Punk and Miz) is what caused the outburst. Their attack on the NXT Season 2 rookies gives them the incentive to join up with the Season 1 rookies to reign supreme over the WWE. This season has all the making to be a very entertaining season.

totally agree this seasons going to be interesting im probaly gonna watch it all the way through and props to the wwe writers been awhile since i seen whats shaping to be a good story line

Out of season 1's 8 rookies, at least 3 should be let go if some of season 2's rookies get recruited to the new faction, but for now all season 1's rooies are doing their thing in this new faction. Clearly they all became heel on Monday night, now with this hazing act by the pro's who are a mix of heels and faces was to show if you want to rebel, the Superstars will fight the fight.

So overall last week and this week has begun a change in WWE and the product is only going to get even better, with unpredictability and aggression while remaining PG.

In my opinion, the all the season 1 NXTers should stay. You know why? Because they are more established in the WWE than the new Rookies. They fit in with each other and they worked VERY VERY well together as a team. I mean, Slater was shit as a face, I always thought he should be a heel and he makes an extremely good one. Darren Young beating the shit out of the SES and screaming at them was fucking GOLD. Justin Gabriel being a face throughout NXT working with Barret, Slater, and Otunga to beat the shit out of Cena and Jerry Lawler was so good to watch because he just fits in even though he was a face. Skip Sheffield, damn, he fit in so well as a heel. The beefy mother fucker destroyed Cena and it looked good. This odd pairing made Raw A+++. So I say leave the team how it is.

The Season 2 Rooks don't even stand out to me, besides Kaval (he had a boner and I don't blame him), Joe Hennig and Alex Riley, the rest are crap. Especially Titus O'Neil and the 7 foot guy. Percy Watson looks like he has something wrong with him, he moves his arms too much and it gets me annoyed. Rotundo is okay. Lucky Cannon, stupid name, but he seems to be okay. These guys have to prove themselves first, maybe I'll start liking them in 6-7 weeks once the second Pros Poll is made. I'm really, really doubting Titus O'Neil because if you wanna win, you make it a win. And did anyone notice Eli Cottonwood was touching his left arm like 100 times during his entrance? He seems fucking wierd.

At least the 1 season NXTers had good mic skills, better than Titus O'Neil and Cottonboner. We'll see where this all leads to.

The most obvious plot line would be to have the hazing backfire and cause a sort of gang war between the rookies and the pros. I could see it going a step further with the rookies plotting against the pros throughout the season and then, one rookie turning out to have betrayed all the others over the course of the season and ending up winning. My money would be on Alex Riley if that's the direction they went.

However, they could turn it the other way with several of them, splitting the rookies between those who plot revenge and those who simply considered it a sign of acceptance. I've heard tell that it's a common practice among gangs to "jump in" new recruits, to beat them bloody in the process of bringing them into the gang. I could definitely see a few of the rookies accepting what happened in light of this and perhaps there will be a segment or two of a pro explaining this to his rookie.

It's too early to say at this point, though. I'm just taking NXT one week at a time this round. I was a little disappointed with the first and I'm hoping that this time will be far more of a wrestling show and far less like Survivor.

This did not look like a hazing to me at all. This was not a "Welcome to the WWE" gangland initiation beatdown.

This was a lesson.

Striker was a dickface the entire show because he just got his ass handed to him by rookies. The season 1 rookies destroyed everything last week.

This was more of a "don't you get any ideas" to the rookies from the pros.

Remember that the season 1 rookies attacked everything and anything. It is not farfetched to think of this group as a combo of faces and heels working together towards one goal. This is why it is not farfetched to see a face pro beat on a face rookie at the end of season 2's first episode.

The Pros need to make sure their show doesn't get taken over by a bunch of jacked angry rookies. That is why the beat down occured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back