What *MIGHT* Be A Positive Sign For Bryan's WWE Future

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
For the past few months, anything & everything concerning Daniel Bryan has revolved around the issues with his neck. Earlier this week, it was reported that a full exam revealed issues with one of his shoulders and that he MAY have to undergo surgery. This is on top of an update from Bryan himself on the MITB kickoff show in which he stated that he MAY have to undergo another surgery on his neck. As a result, it's led to speculation as to what his future will be in WWE when he returns.

According to PWInsider.com, WWE will be releasing an autobiography of Daniel Bryan on April 1, 2015, just a few days after WrestleMania XXXI. The book will detail Bryan's life, his wrestling career and all it entails leading up to WrestleMania XXX. The synopsis reads:

"YES! YES! YES! Daniel Bryan is the real deal. Everyone's favorite underdog, he's proven to the world and to all of WWE that looks can be deceiving. Just ask everyone who's ever underestimated him…right before he went out and whipped the WWE Universe into a frenzy. This is Bryan's behind-the-scenes story told for the first time ever — from his beginnings as a child wanting to wrestle to his ten years on the circuit before finally making it in WWE. When his "YES!" chant becomes a full-fledged movement, his career skyrockets. This book chronicles all the hard work, values, influences, unique life choices and more leading to his watershed week at WrestleMania 30. You won't want to miss it. Yes! We're sure about this."

As to what this has to do with his career, WWE doesn't release books on wrestlers they intend to or plan to bury. I don't see them going to the expense of publishing an autobiography of a wrestler they're not going to keep as a high profile member of the roster. It's not some guarantee that he'll ever be the "face" of WWE but, as I said, I don't believe they'll put out an autobiography on someone they don't think of as a top star.

chyna got an autobiography so i dont think it has any correlation to how daniel will be used after he returns

Nobody knows what Bryan's future holds. Some Superstars were able to come back from career-ending injuries and be as good or better than they were before. But they're the rare ones. Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Edge. Not many guys can be as good as they used to be. Only time will tell with Bryan. The autobiography is pretty much irrelevant.

Seems to me that if the WWE thought his best days were ahead of him they would hold off, so yea, I see it as a negative as well.

Usually when someone is written about, their hopes, accomplishments are behind them. I don't think Daniel Bryan would agree with that, but maybe they know something more than we do. Or in the most likely case, it's the WWE in their own slimy way of making money while he's still hot enough to sell the book.

Like someone said I don't see how book will do anything in connection regarding his return.but anyways I'm not sure if we will see Daniel Bryan for quite some time to be honest. And what's even more concerning is Wrestlemania next year. With potentially no Rock. Taker. Punk. Bryan. And of the sort. Can't keep relying on Cena to carry the company every time they in a pickle.

As to what this has to do with his career, WWE doesn't release books on wrestlers they intend to or plan to bury.

True, but it could be that the book was in production well before Daniel's injuries and the only other course of action is to scrap the project and simply wave bye-bye to the investment.

Given all the corporate "arms" of WWE and the number of people who could open their mouths and reveal future plans, the company has had remarkable success keeping things to themselves. Even ex-employees are amazing close-mouthed as to stuff you'd think they might reveal in anger after being let go......making me wonder if 90-day non-compete agreements are ALL they have to sign when being future endeavored.

At any rate, Daniel's future might be legitimately up in the air, as far as WWE knows, but while his popularity was soaring at the time he had to give up his title, fans are still loving the "Yes!" chant, and if the company can keep Bryan in the fan's minds until WM31 comes around, they might still be able to sell a bunch of Daniel books.....not as many as if he were still competing, but a lot. Of course, it could also be the company knows darn well Daniel will be okay and able to wrestle again, making his bio a sure-fire thing. For all we know, the "uncertainty" angle might just be a part of the storyline.

Still, WM31 is a long way off and it will be hard to sustain interest in the guy.

But what's the alternative?

I think if he gets better he'll do fine, will he be able to sustain his mainevent position? I think so, hes an adapter since he turned heel hes always had a very strong sense of character wether it was being a dick, comedy act with kane, inferiority complex and the ultimate uunderdog, yes, no he made it work . He'll need some character change sure but he'll be fine. Maybe go with a heel turn saying he needs to protect himself and his body

I love Daniel Bryan i truly do.. The guy is pure magic,and the way he connects with us the fans,is amazing... YES YES YES,the autobiography due to be released a week before WMXXXI..

I think the book was written before anyone knew the severity of daniel's injuries.. But how to make a positive spin on this.. This at least pushes daniels return if he can IMO till the Royal Rumble,where he should have been still WWE WHC.. No one knows what the future holds for him..

I believe management still believes in him,and he will be a major player when he returns.. Maybe not the face or WWE WHC,but a major player nonetheless! WM31 is a long way off,its going to be hard to sustain interest in him.. His future though at least,is up in the air

Million Dollar Man got a book and what happened to Ted Jr lol.. Or what about all those movies the Miz got? Book deal means nothing. If the fans support him like they did, he'll rise to be the top dog in the WWE, but if the fan support goes, so will he.

This says one of two things to me. They either put out the news to keep him relevant while he gone or they cashing in on his name while it still has value because they think he might be done

I don't think having an autobiography out automatically means someone is gonna be kept as a top superstar. William Regal had a book out didn't he? He never went anywhere above the Mid-Card. John Morrison had a DVD out, but he never soared either. I doubt Daniel Bryan will return to Mid-Card territory, but I don't think they'll be doing anything major with him immediately upon his return such as winning the WWE Championship. He probably won't be doing those gauntlet matches and doing extra bumps (that would be foolish). Since he's gonna change up his style to work safer, I can still see him beating some major stars again. I just hope that his recovery is going well and that he does get his health back to 100% because it would be unfortunate to never see a Daniel Bryan vs KENTA match in the WWE transpire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back