What Titles should the WWE Have?

Even more reason to merge to the world titles and go with my plan. You have people like Swagger and Sheamus who are getting main event pushes and they come out of no where. They have no legitimacy to them. Swagger won the ECW title and Sheamus has won...NOTHING. Granted these guys are great and I have enjoyed watching them but they should of had some runs with the IC and/or US Title before being put on the main event level. The problem is if we don't merge the main event title at least all the other titles don't mean as much. So people like Sheamus can come out of no where and will come out of no where way more often.

First of all, Sheamus would've come out of nowhere most likely even if there were only 1, or 100 world titles (exaggeration I know, but it's to prove a point) and would've held one because he had the backing of one of the "cornerstones" of WWE.

And Sheamus and Jack Swagger could've been two guys to tear through the roster easily, but they could very well have been developed through Intercontinental and United States championships, and seeing as both could / would probably have been established at the same time, this would prove that keeping both titles would serve a purpose of putting over two future champions at the same time.

Also to go onto the whole they have two many people for one main event title. That maybe true but then there are too many main event superstars. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. What people have to realize is you can have 20 HUGE NAME SUPERSTARS (I am over exaggerating to make a point). That is fine. You can have 20 people who are more popular then The Rock of the 90's That is fine. But the TOP 5 or 6 of those 20 are main event superstars. Even if number 20 on that list is a bigger household name then The Rock, Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan or whoever (once again exaggerating) then they have to work even harder to be World Champion but that number 20 guy on that list still has an outlet to become a champion. He could become US or Intercontinental champion and there will be more prestige to that title because bigger names are now competing for it. (I hope that made any sense to you guys, it sounds great in my head haha)

Yes certainly there's too many superstars in the main event, but cutting those off would be bad for business, and therefore it'd equalize that if we're to keep them consistent and interesting with world titles rather than non title feuds (which in the end, would be boring if they continued to be in non title feuds if you ask me, especially when being in title feuds with a new champion, or being champion with a new upper mid-card contender) therefore you'd guess that keeping two world titles would serve a better purpose, but obviously people on the IWC is against that......

Now onto the world title. This would be extremely difficult if not impossible to pull off, and this is why: If it is a cross brand title, but only the champion crosses shows, how do you build a credible feud to lead up to the PPV while simultaneously making all of the champion's matches credible? If the challenger for a feud is on RAW, for example, than anything the champion does on SD is irrelevant as it has no bearing on the feud. And if he has a full-blown feud on both shows, which one gets the PPV match?

No, by having a World title on each show it enables us to have continuity from week to week in feuds and allows for a double main event for each PPV.

I have to disagree with u, they did it before and are currently doing it with the tag titles. the way u build the feud is things like having the challenger invade the other show, or have a couple little feuds building on both shows so that after this months PPV you already have your next challenger in a feud that can be built on with the champion.

Simply put I'd keep the current ones and use as they are and add a TV title. Put it on Superstars and wrestlers who have been lost in the shuffle have something to do and build some fueds around, simples.

First of all, Sheamus would've come out of nowhere most likely even if there were only 1, or 100 world titles (exaggeration I know, but it's to prove a point) and would've held one because he had the backing of one of the "cornerstones" of WWE.

And Sheamus and Jack Swagger could've been two guys to tear through the roster easily, but they could very well have been developed through Intercontinental and United States championships, and seeing as both could / would probably have been established at the same time, this would prove that keeping both titles would serve a purpose of putting over two future champions at the same time.

If by keeping both titles you mean IC and US I agree. By saying keeping both world titles I still don't see the point. I understand your argument and they could/did tear through the roster easily...to easily. They should not be where they are already. Actually let me change that they SHOULD be where they are but the titles they should be holding/held are more predigest IC and US Titles. They didn't hold these titles because Vince wants them to be top stars NOW. He doesn't want to wait, but if the IC and US Title meant something then he could put these younger guys on these titles, and allow more ESTABLISHED main eventers hold the WWE World Heavyweight title. My biggest problem is I see the World Heavyweight title as the IC Title of the past and the WWE Championship as the true champion of the WWE cause Cena holds it, a already established main event star. The problem is they are saying Swagger is equal value of Cena and that is not true. You can argue that he will become equal value and I will agree with that, but right now he is not.

Yes certainly there's too many superstars in the main event, but cutting those off would be bad for business, and therefore it'd equalize that if we're to keep them consistent and interesting with world titles rather than non title feuds (which in the end, would be boring if they continued to be in non title feuds if you ask me, especially when being in title feuds with a new champion, or being champion with a new upper mid-card contender) therefore you'd guess that keeping two world titles would serve a better purpose, but obviously people on the IWC is against that......

No I understand your point, titles make for good fueds. That is why better IC and US Titles would make more more feuds. Now you can have two feuds with Main Event/Upper Cards for US and IC Title and strictly for Main Event guys the WWE World Heavyweight.

The fact is there will always be only a handful of guys that carry the company. You won't be cutting off anybody by making one WWE World Title you will just be acknowledging who are those handful of guys that are currently carrying the company and who the future stars (or stars that are aging and are not carrying the company anymore) are.

EDIT: Also let me just add I am new to WWE after a 8 year break and my biggest problem I see right now is I can tell there are a handful of people carrying the company but they are split up. So instead of having 5 guys each night carrying the show, you have two or three guys carrying each show and a bunch of not yet established stars or stars coming towards the end of their career competing against these guys as if they are equal value.

Honestly, I want to see the Intercontinental and U.S. Championships unified to become something along the lines of an American Title. They practically represent the same thing, so why not fuse the two?

With that thought, I would seriously mark out for another European Championship. WWE does stand for "World" Wrestling Entertainment, and so far we have seen an onslaught of superstars coming from overseas (Sheamus, McIntyre, etc.) that could redefine that belt. I know only 2 stars from Europe ever held that prestige (Regal and British Bulldog) but now with how WWE is practically connected globally we can see much more variety with where superstars are from.

That still leaves a spot open for a new belt, if you do the math. The Television Championship would be a nice addition if they used it right. Think about it- A belt only defended live on cable. This could help bump up the low-to-midcard and make a little more money if the belt were to be defended that night. I know the TV title isn't used that way, but they can make it like that. After all, The Hardcore Championship was defended regularly until the 24/7 rule.

If by keeping both titles you mean IC and US I agree. By saying keeping both world titles I still don't see the point. I understand your argument and they could/did tear through the roster easily...to easily. They should not be where they are already. Actually let me change that they SHOULD be where they are but the titles they should be holding/held are more predigest IC and US Titles. They didn't hold these titles because Vince wants them to be top stars NOW. He doesn't want to wait, but if the IC and US Title meant something then he could put these younger guys on these titles, and allow more ESTABLISHED main eventers hold the WWE World Heavyweight title. My biggest problem is I see the World Heavyweight title as the IC Title of the past and the WWE Championship as the true champion of the WWE cause Cena holds it, a already established main event star. The problem is they are saying Swagger is equal value of Cena and that is not true. You can argue that he will become equal value and I will agree with that, but right now he is not.

Keeping the world championships as I've said quite a few times now, serves the purpose of having at least one extra title the massive amount of main eventers can fight for, it wouldn't make sense to have those 10 (14 if you count upper mid-card / ready to push to main event people) fight for only one title instead of having two championships in order to have more of a significance to feuds, and bigger potentials of not having to watch too many different feuds throughout the year in order to serve the purpose of allowing everybody to get their share of attempts to gain the world title.

Two world championships allows WWE to have those 2-3 pay per view stretched feuds that I personally have to admit I enjoy more than a feud like Randy Orton vs Sheamus that ended after one pay per view, or Jack Swagger vs Randy Orton which I was pretty damn hyped for ending after one pay per view, which will happen a lot more if we only have one championship to contend for.

It was easier during the 90's because as I stated earlier, there weren't as many people to contend for the championship, there were those 5-6 people that could've contended for it, and no proper upper mid-carders to really get into the championship picture other than Triple H, which allowed for a 2-3 pay per view stretch of the feuds.

No I understand your point, titles make for good fueds. That is why better IC and US Titles would make more more feuds. Now you can have two feuds with Main Event/Upper Cards for US and IC Title and strictly for Main Event guys the WWE World Heavyweight.

I would consider two world championship fights at one pay per view to be more entertaining than watching a feud of two main eventers that could've very easily fought for a championship but choose to suddenly start feuding because one didn't like the other and vice versa, it proves entertaining, sure I'll give them that, but I would've enjoyed it much more if it had a purpose of trying to gain a championship, or some kind of revenge (which is one of the few times I can live without a championship match, that or Undertaker's streak, but that serves as a "title" in it's own right I would say)

The fact is there will always be only a handful of guys that carry the company. You won't be cutting off anybody by making one WWE World Title you will just be acknowledging who are those handful of guys that are currently carrying the company and who the future stars (or stars that are aging and are not carrying the company anymore) are.

Oh I know only one championship would be somewhat more acknowledging, but in the end, as I stated, two championships serve as more entertaining to watch.
And even with that, I believe WWE choose to keep the Big Gold Belt around due to it's legacy in the professional business, and I find it to be just fine to have those two championships both displayed.
Flair arrived in the 90's with that championship belt to WWF, claiming to be the "real world champion" which I found to be a very very interesting storyline / angle, and I think it could perhaps serve again, without unifying the belts.
I've always enjoyed the small meetings of world champions, Edge and Triple H in 2008, JBL and Triple H in 2005.

EDIT: Also let me just add I am new to WWE after a 8 year break and my biggest problem I see right now is I can tell there are a handful of people carrying the company but they are split up. So instead of having 5 guys each night carrying the show, you have two or three guys carrying each show and a bunch of not yet established stars or stars coming towards the end of their career competing against these guys as if they are equal value.

No hard feeling about being "new to WWE" I've only watched WWE for a little over a year, researched a lot of the elder stuff although.

While I can see your problem with it, I don't necessarily share the same opinion about it, seeing as I like the fact that there's two brands going around, it gives me two shows to watch every week, and two different stars (or more) to look forward to watching one specific time of the week, seeing as Chris Jericho for example used to be my draw to watch Smackdown for the majority of times, I still have CM Punk to look forward to, and Christian as well, where as RAW now have another acquisition for me to look forward to: Chris Jericho, alongside guys like Triple H and Randy Orton, and Edge (seeing as he seems to be turning heel again, I didn't like him that much as a face)

that is too many titles cross branded. the tag team and wwe titles area a good idea but for the cruserweight and wwe tv title, that should be like "wwe 24/7". the title could change hands any time any place anywhere like the harcore title. it should have some funny title changes and random times that it happens

True, but I went on to talk about the 90's briefly, but fact is that both periods had few contenders for the world title, the 00's definitely does not.

the 90s did not have much less main event talent than they do now; over the period the significant top guys were Undertaker, HBK, Bret Hart (not past 97) Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H (99+), Mick Foley

Yet you have to remember that during the late 90's there were only 5 of them, and it was hot potatoed between The Rock, Mick Foley and Stone Cold, Triple H only started in 99, and Undertaker didn't have many reigns during that period, and Shawn Michaels wasn't even present during the late 90's (98->) which would actually bump it down to being 4 if we count Undertaker as a consistent contender, while he barely was as far as I recall, so it's basically 3 people for a years time.

Yes it was basically three of them for 99 with one or two other reigns. But it was basically three people for the whole of 2009 with the WWE title.....and that is with the brand extension, not much difference there. And besides that was only one year. And even if it had been over 10 years, it doesn't HAVE to be like that again, they could easily make it different.

Chris Jericho is 39 I would like to start off, he turns 40 in November. Besides, Chris Jericho and Triple H still have some years remaining in their bodies, Chris is on a roll right now, and Triple H doesn't look to be tuning down anytime soon, so that's only 2 people that are potential to be cutting down.

Seriously, you don't need to pick at every detail. My mistake, but he will be 40 in 5 months, good as. I didn't say HHH and Jericho didn't have years left in them, I said they DO, jeez. If you look I said in a few years, and in a few years HHH and Jericho will be 43 so their retirement will be nearing. And Batista we know will be going soon, so a spot in the main event will be open and Undertaker isn't far off either, there's another spot.

Edge and Christian was over yes, but they didn't turn singles competitors until late 2001, where they then would become established to proper singles competition, Owen Hart wouldn't have graced the main event as a solid one, he would've gotten a championship for sticking around and being a consistent force for a long time, like Benoit and Guerrero, the Hardy's is the same as E&C, and Matt will most likely NEVER even grace the main event.

So? They were still over, if WWE had chose to they could have turned them into singles competitors, but they were so popular as a tag team they kept them together for a while. Owen Hart could have been a solid main eventer, he was over, a fantastic wrestler and considered by most to be underrated. Same goes for Guerrero and Benoit, they were good enough to be main eventers anyway.

Undertaker and Shawn Michaels didn't have long reigns in 98-99 which is the period I mentioned; hell neither of them actually held the championship in that period, both had their last WWE championship reign of the 90's in 97.

The reigns were short because they were eager to establish talent properly and form shock television I'm pretty certain, the 80's had Hulk Hogan holding the title for years purely due to his incredibly over character, and because he sold, people would probably be annoyed to hell if they had to watch John Cena hug the title for more than 10 months, and John Cena is the new Hulk Hogan in popularity and merchandises.

Yes they could be made long title reigns, but WWE doesn't seem to want that because they need to take care of a lot of main event contenders, wouldn't you be down right pissed if it was you who's in the main event picture, but you didn't get a title reign because the championship reigns had to be long, and there was only 1 championship?

You didn't actually mention 98 - 99 specifically in that particular paragraph, I was trying to work out what time you were referring to as you only made a short mention of 99 which was only referring to one thing. Besides, you're wrong, Undertaker did hole the title in 99 and Shawn Michaels held it in 98, remember he lost it to Stone Cold at Wrestlemania before he retired for 4 years. The reigns were due to shock television mostly, not to establish talent.

I don't understand how you say they only had a few guys on top in the 90s and then you contradict yourself by saying they were trying to push other guys on top.

And of course people would not like Cena to hold the title for more than 10 months, but I never said the longer reigns had to be like they were in the 80s.

You seem to exagerrate most things I say; I didn't say EVERY SINGLE reign had to be long, that would get predictable and boring. They don't even have looads of main event talent like you are making out.

Again, Triple H didn't gain the title until 99, Bret Hart left WWE in late 97, that leaves a gap where there's only 4 proper contenders, Undertaker, Mick Foley, The Rock, and Stone Cold, 3 of them which held the title in that period, not Undertaker, not Triple H, not Bret Hart.. I did take consideration of Bret Hart and Triple H, but as I've said so many times, there's a gap where their significance of replacing each other in the main event scene wasn't there, I said 5 to be "kind" due to the fact that Triple H gained force in the early 00's and late 99's

For the love of god, I acknowledged the whole Bret Hart/Triple H thing specifically because I knew you would say all that. Yet you said it anyway, practically repeating what I said. I also explained that Bret being there for the first half and HHH being there for the 2nd half added up to one constant; I did also say that HHH didn't become a main eventer straight after Bret left, but those guys combined were there for most of the 90s.

And why make roster cuts when the roster is doing just fine? they would need to cut some of the already established and already televised talent if they weren't to clusterfuck the title scene.
How can you say that one roster is more profitable? have you seen the crowds that pay to go to Smackdown and separately go to RAW? cutting off what is most likely a few thousand people sitting in an arena is gonna show on your money, sure you save money from the amount of people you have to cut, but in the end, the more people to show case of two shows is gonna come off profitable, if it didn't, WWE would've cut them before.

Are you kidding? Why would they cut talent that draws rather than cut talent that isn't going anywhere? It would be increadibly stupid to do so. WWE can afford to have loads of talent now because they have tons of money, but they could easily get rid of a lot of them who won't ever be significant.

You worry way too much about "clusterfucking" the title scene, but really it would not do that, as I've said there are plenty of easy ways to avoid that such as the Intercontinental title, Tag Team titles and non title feuds.

I can't even be kind about this point you made though. You said it is more profitable when Smackdown and Raw are seperate rosters because people pay to go to Smackdown and Raw tv shows. So what makes you think that one roster would change that!?!?! There would still be the Smackdown and Raw TV shows that people would pay to go to, they would just have one roster, wow.

They take up enough time already, adding more main eventers around one title and the amount of feuds that would be needed on 1 specific show (in case we count that Smackdown is out the window as it seems you're implying.. yes.. seems so don't say I'm reading stuff you're not saying) that would require the whole show to be about the main eventers because they are the money drawers quite obviously.

Again, the show would function fine on one roster, if it wasn't due to the fact that the rosters are much bigger already, and as I said, cutting off one show is gonna show on the income, it's a dumb move when it's functioning well.

They do not take up enough time already, 15 minutes of a two hour show, that would be EXACTLY the same if it were one roster. The only difference would be that instead of the 15 minutes on Smackdown being for a seperate world title than Raw, it would be for the same world title. And where the hell did I imply that Smackdown is out the window? The answer is, I didn't. The main eventers would not take up the whole shows! They would take up the same amount of time they took up before the brand extension, which at most was 30 minutes. out of TWO HOURS. That means the rest of the talent would have THREE out of the FOUR hours television per week. And it functioned better when it was one roster.

I know that they didn't only wrestle the main event, neither do they today, I've seen John Cena in opening matches, opening segments etc. And having the main eventers wrestle the mid-card talent wouldn't serve as proper elevation unless you have the main eventer's putting them over all the time, and let's admit it, that would slowly start killing the credibility of the main event wrestler, championships are as I said, gateways to the main event.

Yes it would, they wouldn't have to put the mid carders over all the time. They can put them over by simply having a good match with them. the midcarders can win sometimes, but by no means do they have to win all the time or even most of the time to be elevated. In feuds, yes, they should gain a win sometime, but in weekly television matches, it is not absolutely necessary to put them over the main eventers every single time, they can still help to push them without it. There are more ways than the title to become a main eventer, Benoit was a main eventer before he won the world title. You saw how the crowd got behind Kofi Kingston during his feud with Randy Orton, having a feud with a main eventer, title or no title will help a lot.

Yes but with only one championship to contend for, you wouldn't be able to continue the longer feuds of champion vs same contender because there'd be a lot of those other main eventers who wouldn't be getting the proper acknowledgment of getting a title shot, unless you keep feuds short, and then we have people complaining because John Cena's program with Batista for example didn't last long enough.

Why not? They did that before..... They could easily have long and short programs, it would not be as big of a deal as you seem to think.

Yes it was done before, but.. omg... the amount of roster members are much larger now.. need I say more? the United States championship should stick around because it gives another championship for the mid-carders to elevate themselves through into the main event scene, ultimately filling more people into the title picture of the two world titles, which should therefore also remain.

Obviously they are larger now, but that can be reduced. Fair enough, if you feel so strongly about the US title staying, it wouldn't hurt but it wouldn't make much difference if it went either. One world title would really establish the very top of WWE than 2 world titles. If there were one it would be THE title, not one of the titles.

Please explain the other way then.

I already did the first time, but you corrected me assuming I got it wrong before I told you that they could merge the titles a different way.

What makes you think the Bella Twins won't be getting a shot? they might as well eventually, half of the divas doesn't have talent to get a title shot and run with it, but Alicia Fox has already had two, that would automatically mean that everybody should be able to get a title shot.

Well they won't have continuous runs with the titles like the top divas do such as Beth Phoinex, Michelle McCool and Melina.

And the people you list, actually had the ability to wrestle, and still none of them had proper association enough to form proper tag teams that would be considered legitimate, we'd be complaining about another thrown together tag team, in a division nobody cares about either way.

They didn't have the association because the WWE didn't need to create it as there were never Womens tag team titles. If there were they could have easily done it. People used to care about the division before they let it go, and they would again if they worked on it again and restored it.

Every single title is there to push talent, to make them seem legitimate and push them into being the superstars of the company who makes them money, without accolades of championships, or the ability to put on world class matches, nobody is gonna believe your ability to be legitimate, Shawn Michaels needed championships at first, but eventually his abilities in the ring made him a legitimate wrestler people could believe "he can win this".. people wouldn't believe John Cena to be a legitimate main eventer if it wasn't because he had a long list of championships to back it up.

And yes there's other ways to push a talent, destroying through the whole roster, but half of the stars doesn't have the build to make that legitimate neither, The Miz is an incredible talent, and will be a firm main event, but only through being elevated holding titles and seeming legitimate that way, he couldn't rip through a roster.

No, not every single title has to be about pushing the younger guys. I'm sure we could afford to have one purely for entertainment, the Hardcore title did just that. Plus it did help to push the younger guys, not as much as the other titles but it did nonetheless.

And they don't have to destroy the whole roster to be pushed. There are many ways to do it as we both said, it doesn't have to be a title or the monster thing. The Miz is one person though, they could do the thing where the guy pulls of so many upset victories until he gets to the top, a "boyhood dream" type thing that they did with HBK, they could do that with Kofi Kingston for example.

the 90s did not have much less main event talent than they do now; over the period the significant top guys were Undertaker, HBK, Bret Hart (not past 97) Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H (99+), Mick Foley

Yet if you count the amount of members active today in a main event scene with the amount of people able to properly contend for a world title, the numbers are still bigger.

Yes it was basically three of them for 99 with one or two other reigns. But it was basically three people for the whole of 2009 with the WWE title.....and that is with the brand extension, not much difference there. And besides that was only one year. And even if it had been over 10 years, it doesn't HAVE to be like that again, they could easily make it different.

Yes it's 3 people for the WWE championship during that period, but there were 5 different people contending for the World Heavyweight Championship during 2009, and yes I know perfectly well that John Cena was one of them, so putting the names together to those who were actually contending for it as a total, that would make for 7 people, over 2 titles, and that's double the amount of people that contended for the WWE championship in 99.

Seriously, you don't need to pick at every detail. My mistake, but he will be 40 in 5 months, good as. I didn't say HHH and Jericho didn't have years left in them, I said they DO, jeez. If you look I said in a few years, and in a few years HHH and Jericho will be 43 so their retirement will be nearing. And Batista we know will be going soon, so a spot in the main event will be open and Undertaker isn't far off either, there's another spot.

My apologies if you consider it "offensive" or "annoying" to have me picking at every single detail, I try to put forth a proper argument for my opinion, just like everybody else.

And that's very true, you did very well say a few years, but it still means that you expect them to be cleaning out the world championship scene in a few years, and therefore it would mean that in a few year's you'd consider it acceptable to have one championship, the only problem is that in a few years, those people will have been replaced.

So? They were still over, if WWE had chose to they could have turned them into singles competitors, but they were so popular as a tag team they kept them together for a while. Owen Hart could have been a solid main eventer, he was over, a fantastic wrestler and considered by most to be underrated. Same goes for Guerrero and Benoit, they were good enough to be main eventers anyway.

Owen Hart could've been a decent main eventer, but as I said, he would've only graced the championship I believe.
Edge and Christian, great talents as well, but I hardly believe at that point they had the proper drawing power or position in the company to deserve or to make worth of being in the world title picture, either way they were kept around the tag team championships, innovating the tag team division.

You didn't actually mention 98 - 99 specifically in that particular paragraph, I was trying to work out what time you were referring to as you only made a short mention of 99 which was only referring to one thing. Besides, you're wrong, Undertaker did hole the title in 99 and Shawn Michaels held it in 98, remember he lost it to Stone Cold at Wrestlemania before he retired for 4 years. The reigns were due to shock television mostly, not to establish talent.

Very well, and you're more than welcome to try and find depth into my posts, as well as any other is to yours, or mine.

Indeed Undertaker did, I must've overlooked that one, thanks for pointing it out, but it was still very short reign.
Shawn Michaels held it very briefly in 98 and didn't gain the championship during that time, therefore I consider the reign as a part of 97, but it just puts a shorter time for all the 17 championship reigns to have been changing hands, from Wrestlemania 14 to championship change for Triple H's 3rd world title January 3rd 2000, which is not counted as one of the 17 championship title changes.

I don't understand how you say they only had a few guys on top in the 90s and then you contradict yourself by saying they were trying to push other guys on top.

What I ment with establishing "new guys" were due to the fact that they were trying to establish The Rock and Stone Cold as strong champions with a lot of reigns, thereby putting focus on the whole shock television that they coughed up with a lot during the Attitude Era, many title changes.

And of course people would not like Cena to hold the title for more than 10 months, but I never said the longer reigns had to be like they were in the 80s.

You said a mixture of them could work, seeing as the world title averagely was held between 1 - 2 years every time the title changed hands during the 80's (with the exception of transactional champion The Iron Sheik) with the mix of championship reigns that lasted 1-2 months averagely, sometimes less (The Rock, Mankind, Kane, Triple H and Vince McMahon all had at least one championship that lasted under 4 weeks, Mankind actually had 2 that lasted below that) you'd automatically assume the mixture of that would be around 7-12 months time, at least I would.

You seem to exagerrate most things I say; I didn't say EVERY SINGLE reign had to be long, that would get predictable and boring. They don't even have looads of main event talent like you are making out.

Exactly, not every single reign has to be long, but it's quite obvious that the WWE won't be having many long title reigns as of late, not surpassing the 200 days mark, which the WWE championship hasn't done since Triple H's reign in 2008.

For the love of god, I acknowledged the whole Bret Hart/Triple H thing specifically because I knew you would say all that. Yet you said it anyway, practically repeating what I said. I also explained that Bret being there for the first half and HHH being there for the 2nd half added up to one constant; I did also say that HHH didn't become a main eventer straight after Bret left, but those guys combined were there for most of the 90s.

Not really no, they weren't, seeing as there was the 2 year gap that I mentioned, a year where Triple H indeed wasn't there, so the two of them combined wasn't there for the most of the 90's, now had you said Stone Cold instead, that would've been decent, but he's already one of the 4 consistent champions through the final 2 years of the 90's

Are you kidding? Why would they cut talent that draws rather than cut talent that isn't going anywhere? It would be increadibly stupid to do so. WWE can afford to have loads of talent now because they have tons of money, but they could easily get rid of a lot of them who won't ever be significant.

Because in order to not make the main event scene such a clusterfuck, cuts would have to be made somewhere I'd figure, and that is why we continue to have 2 world championships, 2 championships also draw money because it's two exciting feuds over a world championship, another reason to also continue to have 2 rosters on two different shows (hint hint to the Merge the roster thread) which would be yet another loss of money from the crowds that shows up on house shows.

You worry way too much about "clusterfucking" the title scene, but really it would not do that, as I've said there are plenty of easy ways to avoid that such as the Intercontinental title, Tag Team titles and non title feuds.

Yes indeed I do, because I don't want to see a giant, well you said it yourself, I'll say it again: Clusterfuck.
And giving the Intercontinental championship to a main event contender that isn't Chris Jericho (who's really just a upper mid-carder ready to step up when needed) would be absolutely ridiculous because it wouldn't make sense, while it may bring some prestige back to the belt, it's not needed, let the younger guys looking to be established do that, give them a scene to showcase themselves.

I can't even be kind about this point you made though. You said it is more profitable when Smackdown and Raw are seperate rosters because people pay to go to Smackdown and Raw tv shows. So what makes you think that one roster would change that!?!?! There would still be the Smackdown and Raw TV shows that people would pay to go to, they would just have one roster, wow.

One roster would automatically imply that the shows were getting merged if you ask me, it would have the same guys on the same shows all the time, which in the end would prove to be boring, or it would end up being exactly the same way as it is already, having the Smackdown guys showcasing on Smackdown, and the RAW guys showcasing of RAW, sometimes switching, but all in all, the "merged roster" would be serving the same purpose as already.

They do not take up enough time already, 15 minutes of a two hour show, that would be EXACTLY the same if it were one roster. The only difference would be that instead of the 15 minutes on Smackdown being for a seperate world title than Raw, it would be for the same world title. And where the hell did I imply that Smackdown is out the window? The answer is, I didn't. The main eventers would not take up the whole shows! They would take up the same amount of time they took up before the brand extension, which at most was 30 minutes. out of TWO HOURS. That means the rest of the talent would have THREE out of the FOUR hours television per week. And it functioned better when it was one roster.

Yet we have to remember when you cut down on the fact that there's commercials in between, the show isn't exactly letting you watch 2 hours, unless you're at the arena already, and then you'll just be watching more of a wrestling match, than the promo which takes up 10-15 minutes of the start of the show, the end of the show, the middle of the show, or wherever the people want to start popping up.

I've already addressed the whole "Smackdown out of the window" cause to me, merging rosters means merging shows, but that's just me I guess.
And just because two shows are getting merged doesn't automatically merge the championships, or make one of the championships defective.

Yes it would, they wouldn't have to put the mid carders over all the time. They can put them over by simply having a good match with them. the midcarders can win sometimes, but by no means do they have to win all the time or even most of the time to be elevated. In feuds, yes, they should gain a win sometime, but in weekly television matches, it is not absolutely necessary to put them over the main eventers every single time, they can still help to push them without it. There are more ways than the title to become a main eventer, Benoit was a main eventer before he won the world title. You saw how the crowd got behind Kofi Kingston during his feud with Randy Orton, having a feud with a main eventer, title or no title will help a lot.

Benoit was definitely not a main event before he won the world championship, he got there by winning the Royal Rumble, as a upper mid-card, in order to serve as a proper main eventer, you have to have done something in the main event scene, contended for world championships, and potentially won them before you can call yourself a proper main eventer.

As I've said before, letting the mid-carders elevate themselves, and fighting some of the upper mid-card guys, and a potential main event guy looking to do something, is the way they should get elevated, mainly through the championship that is the United States championship and the Intercontinental championship, which should remain active both, because just like the world championship, way too many people to contend for one at the time.

Why not? They did that before..... They could easily have long and short programs, it would not be as big of a deal as you seem to think.

They haven't had incredibly long feuds properly if you ask me, without tons of title changes continuing to change back and forth like when The Rock and Mick Foley contended for the WWE championship during the 98 99's and that left out the chance for others to properly contend for it, leaving them in different feuds that again would've been much more interesting if they were for a world title, Stone Cold's feud with Undertaker would've been more entertaining with a world title on the line for example.

Obviously they are larger now, but that can be reduced. Fair enough, if you feel so strongly about the US title staying, it wouldn't hurt but it wouldn't make much difference if it went either. One world title would really establish the very top of WWE than 2 world titles. If there were one it would be THE title, not one of the titles.

It probably wouldn't make much of a difference, except for the lack of people getting a title shot of the Intercontinental championship, and quickly failing to put over talent at the masses that both championships being around would.

THE title isn't exactly needed, seeing as one of the titles would serve for more people to remain significant and be able to prove themselves as the greats of the business and the greats of the company.

I already did the first time, but you corrected me assuming I got it wrong before I told you that they could merge the titles a different way.

I see.

Well they won't have continuous runs with the titles like the top divas do such as Beth Phoinex, Michelle McCool and Melina.

True that, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to get a title shot in here and there.

They didn't have the association because the WWE didn't need to create it as there were never Womens tag team titles. If there were they could have easily done it. People used to care about the division before they let it go, and they would again if they worked on it again and restored it.

There did actually exist women's tag team titles, not for very long, and it didn't prove successful I guess.
Either way, I believe it would be hard properly establishing talent to seem associated and proper tag team players if they were to make the titles.
And I have my sincere doubts the crowd will start caring for the women's division if they put tag team belts on them, they care for good wrestling, that's not good wrestling.

No, not every single title has to be about pushing the younger guys. I'm sure we could afford to have one purely for entertainment, the Hardcore title did just that. Plus it did help to push the younger guys, not as much as the other titles but it did nonetheless.

For the majority of times the titles are there to push the younger guys, unless we're talking the world titles, and the hardcore championship, even if it stuck around for entertainment, wasted time if you ask me, because it proved no significant thing, all it proved is "I could beat someone with a chair, and 5 minutes later I get pinned as well".

And they don't have to destroy the whole roster to be pushed. There are many ways to do it as we both said, it doesn't have to be a title or the monster thing. The Miz is one person though, they could do the thing where the guy pulls of so many upset victories until he gets to the top, a "boyhood dream" type thing that they did with HBK, they could do that with Kofi Kingston for example.

Shawn hated the boyhood dream.

The Miz pulling off upset after upset would prove to eventually become boring and lacking of a proper push if you ask me, because a lucky roll-up or something like that every now and then, doesn't make you seem strong, it makes you seem lucky, that's what an upset is about isn't it? being lucky.
Legitimately pinning someone, that's the way, and Miz can't legitimately pin every single roster member without being pushed legitimately through championships and some strong retainings.

I like the ideas presented for the most part......here's my opinion on what I'd like to see, and BTW I'm glad this thread is up b/c I've had this opinion for a very long time.

WWE Heavyweight Champion- There should only be ONE top dog, who can go in between shows, but would primarily be on the show that features the challenger that he's feuding with at the time. If/when he loses the title, he becomes a "free agent" and gets to either pick which show he's gonna be on, or gets "randomly" drafted. I also think this idea would help keep the upper card fresh as far as feuds go, as we wouldn't be necessarily stuck with the same feuds on the same shows for a year or longer at a time. I've never liked the idea of there being TWO World Champions in the same company.

IC Champion/US Champion- These titles are already brand specific and they should remain the same. With only 1 World Champion being on either show, the prestige behind these championships would come back and elevate the mid carders MUCH quicker

WWE World Tag Team Champions- See WWE Heavyweight Champion. We don't need the champs to carry two different titles and we never need to go back to having two sets of champions. Of course WWE needs to have about 8 legit teams at any given time....four on each show.

WWE Womens' Champion- Again see WWE Champion. The divas division is weak on both shows but with one champ that can feud on either show, it at least make it seems a smidge more legit. That Divas title is nothing more than a fluff belt that serves no purpose.

I don't personally think a TV title is necessary, as the branded mid-card titles would have a weekly storyline instead of the inconsistent burying they receive now. The world, tag team and women's titles would be obviously involved in their own storylines, therefore each show, if booked right, would feature 2-3 championship feuds at any given time. This is more than enough to keep peoples' interest in WWE programming IMO!

Keeping the world championships as I've said quite a few times now, serves the purpose of having at least one extra title the massive amount of main eventers can fight for, it wouldn't make sense to have those 10 (14 if you count upper mid-card / ready to push to main event people) fight for only one title instead of having two championships in order to have more of a significance to feuds, and bigger potentials of not having to watch too many different feuds throughout the year in order to serve the purpose of allowing everybody to get their share of attempts to gain the world title.

See I agree but my argument is there are not 10 main event guys. There can't be 10 main event guys. You can have 5 or 6 main event guys but after that there are upper carders, mid carders, etc. By saying all these people are main event stars, it takes away from the true main event stars. That is my personal take on it. For example Cena is a main event guy. He is the face of the company. I think we can all agree on that. Now when Cena is champ and on Smackdown Swagger is champion, the WWE is saying that Cena and Swagger are at a equal level. There is no way Swagger is as important to the company as Cena. Now if you have Cena as the WWE World Heavyweight champ and build up the IC and US Title to titles that are close to the importance of the current World and Heavyweight title. We would be adding more feuds and titles for this massive amount of Upper to Main Event talent to wrestle for. This would mean the WWE World Heavyweight Title hat is on BOTH brands would be even MORE important then the current main event titles.

Two world championships allows WWE to have those 2-3 pay per view stretched feuds that I personally have to admit I enjoy more than a feud like Randy Orton vs Sheamus that ended after one pay per view, or Jack Swagger vs Randy Orton which I was pretty damn hyped for ending after one pay per view, which will happen a lot more if we only have one championship to contend for.

It was easier during the 90's because as I stated earlier, there weren't as many people to contend for the championship, there were those 5-6 people that could've contended for it, and no proper upper mid-carders to really get into the championship picture other than Triple H, which allowed for a 2-3 pay per view stretch of the feuds.

What I am saying are there are too many people currently who contend for the championship who shouldn't be contending at all. Jack Swagger should not be champion let alone contending for the World Heavyweight Championship yet. Same goes to Sheamus. They are the future of the company.

I would consider two world championship fights at one pay per view to be more entertaining than watching a feud of two main eventers that could've very easily fought for a championship but choose to suddenly start feuding because one didn't like the other and vice versa, it proves entertaining, sure I'll give them that, but I would've enjoyed it much more if it had a purpose of trying to gain a championship, or some kind of revenge (which is one of the few times I can live without a championship match, that or Undertaker's streak, but that serves as a "title" in it's own right I would say)

I can't really take away of what kind of wrestling you like. We all have are own opinions I just think if the IC title and a US Title that were more important that would solve that problem you mentioned. Then there would be a WWE World Heavyweight Championship that was way more important then any of the current main event titles which would create way more exciting title matches.

Oh I know only one championship would be somewhat more acknowledging, but in the end, as I stated, two championships serve as more entertaining to watch.
And even with that, I believe WWE choose to keep the Big Gold Belt around due to it's legacy in the professional business, and I find it to be just fine to have those two championships both displayed.
Flair arrived in the 90's with that championship belt to WWF, claiming to be the "real world champion" which I found to be a very very interesting storyline / angle, and I think it could perhaps serve again, without unifying the belts.
I've always enjoyed the small meetings of world champions, Edge and Triple H in 2008, JBL and Triple H in 2005.

Once again we have are own take i guess on what is exciting and what is not but I think with my idea it would make more meaningful title matches for every title not just the two main event titles. Now watching an IC title and a US Title match would mean something.

No hard feeling about being "new to WWE" I've only watched WWE for a little over a year, researched a lot of the elder stuff although.

While I can see your problem with it, I don't necessarily share the same opinion about it, seeing as I like the fact that there's two brands going around, it gives me two shows to watch every week, and two different stars (or more) to look forward to watching one specific time of the week, seeing as Chris Jericho for example used to be my draw to watch Smackdown for the majority of times, I still have CM Punk to look forward to, and Christian as well, where as RAW now have another acquisition for me to look forward to: Chris Jericho, alongside guys like Triple H and Randy Orton, and Edge (seeing as he seems to be turning heel again, I didn't like him that much as a face)

Well I think the two brands are a good thing for the WWE. I never stated I wanted to get rid of the two brands. The brands would be just like how they are now so you can be excited to tune into Raw to see Chris Jericho and excited to watch Smackdown for CM Punk. But what if Chris Jericho was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion...then you can watch him on both Smackdown and Raw. What if CM Punk was the Intercontinental champion fueding with Christian for the IC Title and Edge was feuding with whoever over the US Title. Now you have three titles matches to be excited for instead of just two.

I like the ideas presented for the most part......here's my opinion on what I'd like to see, and BTW I'm glad this thread is up b/c I've had this opinion for a very long time.

WWE Heavyweight Champion- There should only be ONE top dog, who can go in between shows, but would primarily be on the show that features the challenger that he's feuding with at the time. If/when he loses the title, he becomes a "free agent" and gets to either pick which show he's gonna be on, or gets "randomly" drafted. I also think this idea would help keep the upper card fresh as far as feuds go, as we wouldn't be necessarily stuck with the same feuds on the same shows for a year or longer at a time. I've never liked the idea of there being TWO World Champions in the same company.

IC Champion/US Champion- These titles are already brand specific and they should remain the same. With only 1 World Champion being on either show, the prestige behind these championships would come back and elevate the mid carders MUCH quicker

WWE World Tag Team Champions- See WWE Heavyweight Champion. We don't need the champs to carry two different titles and we never need to go back to having two sets of champions. Of course WWE needs to have about 8 legit teams at any given time....four on each show.

WWE Womens' Champion- Again see WWE Champion. The divas division is weak on both shows but with one champ that can feud on either show, it at least make it seems a smidge more legit. That Divas title is nothing more than a fluff belt that serves no purpose.

I don't personally think a TV title is necessary, as the branded mid-card titles would have a weekly storyline instead of the inconsistent burying they receive now. The world, tag team and women's titles would be obviously involved in their own storylines, therefore each show, if booked right, would feature 2-3 championship feuds at any given time. This is more than enough to keep peoples' interest in WWE programming IMO!

World Heavyweight - Agreed

IC/US - Agreed

Tag - Agreed

Women's - I would be perfectly fine with your way. I just think that as long as they put the talented women on one brand, there is no need to do a cross brand title since there is such a small amount of talented women wrestlers on the roster. Most of them are just eye candy.

TV - I agree where I don't think it is necessary but I just think it would be a smart move. It really would only hold a purpose on the show WWE Superstars where they could have feuds for the TV title and it wouldn't even effect Raw or Smackdown. The title would be such a low prestige it would be like the old European Title feuds they use to have on Sunday Night Heat. You would rarely hear about it on Raw and you would only know about the feud if you tuned into Heat.

See I agree but my argument is there are not 10 main event guys. There can't be 10 main event guys. You can have 5 or 6 main event guys but after that there are upper carders, mid carders, etc. By saying all these people are main event stars, it takes away from the true main event stars. That is my personal take on it. For example Cena is a main event guy. He is the face of the company. I think we can all agree on that. Now when Cena is champ and on Smackdown Swagger is champion, the WWE is saying that Cena and Swagger are at a equal level. There is no way Swagger is as important to the company as Cena. Now if you have Cena as the WWE World Heavyweight champ and build up the IC and US Title to titles that are close to the importance of the current World and Heavyweight title. We would be adding more feuds and titles for this massive amount of Upper to Main Event talent to wrestle for. This would mean the WWE World Heavyweight Title hat is on BOTH brands would be even MORE important then the current main event titles.

Oh but there kinda is 10 people, all people that at some point through the year contends in the main event, or to say the least quite a few times contend for a world championship, and I've already listed those so I won't get into further parts of that, sure it wouldn't make sense to have 10 people fighting over one championship, therefore I say it again, keep both.

Besides I'm not saying the actual upper mid-carders and mid-carders are main eventers, what I qualify as a main eventer is one that regularly contend for a world championship, as opposed to for a upper mid-card guy who's perfectly able to step up and contend for it, I count Big Show and Jericho at times to be a upper mid-carder because they work mid-card feuds but fight the main event occasionally.

And I probably wouldn't say that the WWE counts Jack Swagger to be equal of John Cena, not by a long shot, but the pure fact that WWE counts the Smackdown roster as the B show, makes up for the equalizing because Jack Swagger thrives on Smackdown, yet he jobbed on RAW for example.

And the United States championship and Intercontinental championship won't serve as a secondary equalizer for the world championship, or how you're trying to make it out.
The United States championship and the Intercontinental championship currently, and for the past decades time has served as titles for elevating talent, and it's been doing a great job at it, so why fix something that's broken simply because it's not being contended for (fix it as in merging them which many people are saying as of late)

Finally (to your paragraph) certainly I'd agree that merging the championships would make them seem more important, but in the end, as I've said before, merging the championships would leave too many of the main event people doing non championship feuds, where as it would be much more entertaining to watch two world championship matches, it's good for business because people pay to watch two, which in the end will keep the people more interested than two people fighting for the sake of a grudge that eventually will grow boring because they wanna stretch their feuds for multiple pay per views, like Randy Orton and Triple H, John Cena and Randy Orton (now that probably mostly got boring because of the insane amounts of title changes although).

The first part of this paragraph is exactly the point that I'm trying to get across, while I have to say my hype died because it didn't continue for the next pay per view, because I think for example Randy Orton and Jack Swagger, or Randy Orton and Sheamus could help build those two greatly like legitimate main eventers, while Triple H did just fine with Sheamus, Randy should have been allowed to do it with Jack Swagger, two golden guys in the ring (Triple H and Randy Orton) with the ultimate ability to put people over I would say, and still have amazing matches (as well as John Cena being able to do the exact same, but I haven't properly seen that as of late)

What I am saying are there are too many people currently who contend for the championship who shouldn't be contending at all. Jack Swagger should not be champion let alone contending for the World Heavyweight Championship yet. Same goes to Sheamus. They are the future of the company.

Yes and because there's so many of them, it makes no sense to decrease the amount of championships that the main eventers can properly contend for without ruining their reputation or fighting for "less worthy" championships.
Jack Swagger and Sheamus might have gotten the championships too fast, Sheamus to say the least, Jack is doing fine I personally think, either way, pushing those guys properly and letting them hold those titles can prove to eventually get them over, Jack Swagger and Sheamus got insane heat after and during their world championship reigns, and will continue to due to those reigns and the things they did during them, as opposed to the dead crowd they had before their world championship reigns.

I can't really take away of what kind of wrestling you like. We all have are own opinions I just think if the IC title and a US Title that were more important that would solve that problem you mentioned. Then there would be a WWE World Heavyweight Championship that was way more important then any of the current main event titles which would create way more exciting title matches.

And I appriciate you respect my opinion, as I do yours.

Giving the main event people the United States and Intercontinental championships to feud over wouldn't make much sense (at least that's what I'm thinking you're suggesting? please correct me if I'm assuming wrong) seeing as while it may bring credibility to the mid-card championships, in the end, it wouldn't serve the purpose that it did before, of elevating guys, because the mid-carders would have much more use of holding the championships themselves, and being elevated through non title feuds with the main eventers when that time comes.

Once again we have are own take i guess on what is exciting and what is not but I think with my idea it would make more meaningful title matches for every title not just the two main event titles. Now watching an IC title and a US Title match would mean something.

Watching a United States and Intercontinental championship match already means something, it doesn't matter who holds the championships to make them mean anything, what matters is how the storylines are presented, because in the end, you could throw Randy Orton vs Triple H for the Intercontinental championship, or Randy Orton vs The Miz for the united states championship, no matter the accolades and accomplishments of the wrestlers, and how over they are, the feud is gonna be boring if the feud is booked boringly, and vice versa.

Well I think the two brands are a good thing for the WWE. I never stated I wanted to get rid of the two brands. The brands would be just like how they are now so you can be excited to tune into Raw to see Chris Jericho and excited to watch Smackdown for CM Punk. But what if Chris Jericho was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion...then you can watch him on both Smackdown and Raw. What if CM Punk was the Intercontinental champion fueding with Christian for the IC Title and Edge was feuding with whoever over the US Title. Now you have three titles matches to be excited for instead of just two.

My mistake I assumed seeing as you said you had a problem with the brands being split up, that you wanted to get rid of them.

And I've already addressed about the whole having main event guys fighting for the mid-card championships.

First off I would like to say it is nice to actually have a real conversation and debate. Typically on message boards I get people just yelling at me and I am sure you have the same way. I enjoy this debate. Anyways back to it lol...

Oh but there kinda is 10 people, all people that at some point through the year contends in the main event, or to say the least quite a few times contend for a world championship, and I've already listed those so I won't get into further parts of that, sure it wouldn't make sense to have 10 people fighting over one championship, therefore I say it again, keep both.

I think the reason why there are 10 people contending for the World Championship isn't because there are 10 true main event superstars but because there are two World title which will bring me into my next part...

Besides I'm not saying the actual upper mid-carders and mid-carders are main eventers, what I qualify as a main eventer is one that regularly contend for a world championship, as opposed to for a upper mid-card guy who's perfectly able to step up and contend for it, I count Big Show and Jericho at times to be a upper mid-carder because they work mid-card feuds but fight the main event occasionally.

See I personally think there should be more Upper Midcards like Big Show and Jericho rather then flat out main event guys. I think how we do this is by having only one title and force some of these "main event" guys to feud with other people outside of the main event. This will open up greatly who can feud with who.

And I probably wouldn't say that the WWE counts Jack Swagger to be equal of John Cena, not by a long shot, but the pure fact that WWE counts the Smackdown roster as the B show, makes up for the equalizing because Jack Swagger thrives on Smackdown, yet he jobbed on RAW for example.

I agree with this statement. So in theory wouldn't this make the World Heavyweight Championship less importance then the WWE Championship?

And the United States championship and Intercontinental championship won't serve as a secondary equalizer for the world championship, or how you're trying to make it out.
The United States championship and the Intercontinental championship currently, and for the past decades time has served as titles for elevating talent, and it's been doing a great job at it, so why fix something that's broken simply because it's not being contended for (fix it as in merging them which many people are saying as of late)

I wouldn't consider it a secondary equalizer but I would rather have these titles reserved for Upper Card talent. This would allow both Midcard and Main Event wrestlers to be able to feud over this talent. For example if Jericho is US Champion he could easily feud with a mid carder or Triple H. Right now I see these titles as Midcard Titles.

Finally (to your paragraph) certainly I'd agree that merging the championships would make them seem more important, but in the end, as I've said before, merging the championships would leave too many of the main event people doing non championship feuds, where as it would be much more entertaining to watch two world championship matches, it's good for business because people pay to watch two, which in the end will keep the people more interested than two people fighting for the sake of a grudge that eventually will grow boring because they wanna stretch their feuds for multiple pay per views, like Randy Orton and Triple H, John Cena and Randy Orton (now that probably mostly got boring because of the insane amounts of title changes although).

I think a feud is as good as what the writers make it. If the writers did a good job of creating feuds they could be just as if not more entertaining to watch then for the title. The problem is the title is the easy way out of making a feud. It's the "I hate you cause I want to be champion" feud which we see over and over again and once again I stated it before and I will state it again. Having a WWE World Heavyweight Title for the big stars and having the IC and US Title for the Uppercard talent will allow for more feuds with big names over titles.

The first part of this paragraph is exactly the point that I'm trying to get across, while I have to say my hype died because it didn't continue for the next pay per view, because I think for example Randy Orton and Jack Swagger, or Randy Orton and Sheamus could help build those two greatly like legitimate main eventers, while Triple H did just fine with Sheamus, Randy should have been allowed to do it with Jack Swagger, two golden guys in the ring (Triple H and Randy Orton) with the ultimate ability to put people over I would say, and still have amazing matches (as well as John Cena being able to do the exact same, but I haven't properly seen that as of late)

I think i forgot to quote you in one of my messages haha. You re-read your own quote thinking it was from me haha. I do agree though they should of kept the feud going with Swagger and Randy to help boost Swagger's career.

Yes and because there's so many of them, it makes no sense to decrease the amount of championships that the main eventers can properly contend for without ruining their reputation or fighting for "less worthy" championships.
Jack Swagger and Sheamus might have gotten the championships too fast, Sheamus to say the least, Jack is doing fine I personally think, either way, pushing those guys properly and letting them hold those titles can prove to eventually get them over, Jack Swagger and Sheamus got insane heat after and during their world championship reigns, and will continue to due to those reigns and the things they did during them, as opposed to the dead crowd they had before their world championship reigns.

This is exactly why we need to do this though. Right now the IC and US Title are less worthy championships but with one WWE World Heavyweight championship the titles will be more important and will be worthy of fighting for. Would they be the same value of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship...of course not but it is still worthy title that a Uppercard wrestler like Swagger or Sheamus to hold. I will agree though that Swagger is getting some serious heat right now and Sheamus recieves some serious heat as well.

Giving the main event people the United States and Intercontinental championships to feud over wouldn't make much sense (at least that's what I'm thinking you're suggesting? please correct me if I'm assuming wrong) seeing as while it may bring credibility to the mid-card championships, in the end, it wouldn't serve the purpose that it did before, of elevating guys, because the mid-carders would have much more use of holding the championships themselves, and being elevated through non title feuds with the main eventers when that time comes.

I agree that main event superstars would get no use out of holding the IC or US Title but a Upper Card wrestler who is trying to get to the Main Event stage would. The problem is right now Upper Card wrestlers have no use out of the IC or US Title. Upper Card and Main Event wrestlers both are going after the World and WWE Title.

Watching a United States and Intercontinental championship match already means something, it doesn't matter who holds the championships to make them mean anything, what matters is how the storylines are presented, because in the end, you could throw Randy Orton vs Triple H for the Intercontinental championship, or Randy Orton vs The Miz for the united states championship, no matter the accolades and accomplishments of the wrestlers, and how over they are, the feud is gonna be boring if the feud is booked boringly, and vice versa.

Agree it is based on how the storyline is scripted. But that brings me to the point I said before. They don't even have to be feuding over a title, if the feud is boring, the feud is boring. Two main event guys can be feud over the WWE Title or they can be feuding over a grudge, but if it isn't booked well, it won't matter.

My mistake I assumed seeing as you said you had a problem with the brands being split up, that you wanted to get rid of them.

Not a problem, maybe I worded something wrong (I am two lazy to read everything we wrote so who knows lol) but I don't mind the brand split. It is a pretty smart idea actually.

I think what it comes down to is I just want a true champion. Wrestling has always had one main event title and they no longer do. There is nobody who can say they are the top dog because on the other brand someone else holds a title of equal importance, regardless if we all know Swagger isn't as important as Cena. Too make it just doesn't make any sense. Its like if the NFL had two Super Bowl winners or if we had two presidents. I understand all your arguments. I understand that having two champions mean two "main event matches" at the PPV and two titles that the top wrestlers in the company can fight over. But it also means we don't have a true champion and that is what bugs me the most.

First off I would like to say it is nice to actually have a real conversation and debate. Typically on message boards I get people just yelling at me and I am sure you have the same way. I enjoy this debate. Anyways back to it lol...

You're welcome, although I have to admit I rarely encounter anybody yelling at me or disagreeing (except for Takerfan93)

I think the reason why there are 10 people contending for the World Championship isn't because there are 10 true main event superstars but because there are two World title which will bring me into my next part...

There would still be 10 people contending for the championship if they decreased the amount of world championships.

See I personally think there should be more Upper Midcards like Big Show and Jericho rather then flat out main event guys. I think how we do this is by having only one title and force some of these "main event" guys to feud with other people outside of the main event. This will open up greatly who can feud with who.

Chris Jericho and Big Show are the only ones that properly fit into the upper mid-card and still be considered available for a world championship at any given time, due to their versatility as opposed to for example Randy Orton who wouldn't make sense to be fighting in the mid-card for the mid-card championships, where as Chris Jericho brings credibility and pride back to any given championship he holds as long as he's given the time to run with it properly.

I agree with this statement. So in theory wouldn't this make the World Heavyweight Championship less importance then the WWE Championship?

Not necessarily seeing as it's still counted as a world championship and in the end of the day, about a year's time ago John Cena was holding that very belt, which would therefore if you ask me, automatically equalize the balance of credibility that both belts hold, because both Jack Swagger, and John Cena could be holding either.

I wouldn't consider it a secondary equalizer but I would rather have these titles reserved for Upper Card talent. This would allow both Midcard and Main Event wrestlers to be able to feud over this talent. For example if Jericho is US Champion he could easily feud with a mid carder or Triple H. Right now I see these titles as Midcard Titles.

I just don't see the need for Triple H for example (due to his lack of versatility if you ask me, as opposed to Jericho who I could just fine see on the United States championship to give it credibility when needed) being in the mid-card, Triple H s too bound to the main event championships and feuds to be doing anything on the mid-card unless he's putting a mid-carder into the main event.

I think a feud is as good as what the writers make it. If the writers did a good job of creating feuds they could be just as if not more entertaining to watch then for the title. The problem is the title is the easy way out of making a feud. It's the "I hate you cause I want to be champion" feud which we see over and over again and once again I stated it before and I will state it again. Having a WWE World Heavyweight Title for the big stars and having the IC and US Title for the Uppercard talent will allow for more feuds with big names over titles.

Exactly, the feud is no better than what the writers make it and how the crowd puts over the storyline, if people are interested in it, it automatically becomes a great storyline, but to become interested in it, the creative needs to make it interesting to watch, and by default, championship matches and grudge matches from previous teams / stables are bound to be interesting, so unless you're gonna clash Batista vs Triple H for example, you're not gonna make an incredibly exciting and interesting non championship feud, I just don't see it.

Besides, giving the United States championship AND the Intercontinental championship to the upper mid-card solely would cancel the fact that it's used to put over talent, like Miz who wasn't a upper mid-carder until as of late (seeing as I could easily see him bump into a world championship feud now) and probably wouldn't be as significant if it wasn't for holding a lot of mid-card titles.

I think i forgot to quote you in one of my messages haha. You re-read your own quote thinking it was from me haha. I do agree though they should of kept the feud going with Swagger and Randy to help boost Swagger's career.

Oh snap, I thought I had convinced you... oh wait, I kinda have!

This is exactly why we need to do this though. Right now the IC and US Title are less worthy championships but with one WWE World Heavyweight championship the titles will be more important and will be worthy of fighting for. Would they be the same value of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship...of course not but it is still worthy title that a Uppercard wrestler like Swagger or Sheamus to hold. I will agree though that Swagger is getting some serious heat right now and Sheamus recieves some serious heat as well.

The United States championships and Intercontinental championships are less worthy by default because they serve as mid-card championships, there's only two former world champions I believe could bring proper significance back to the championships, and those two are Big Show and Jericho because of their versatility, I still don't consider the rest of the current main eventers to make any sense of being mid-card champions.

I agree that main event superstars would get no use out of holding the IC or US Title but a Upper Card wrestler who is trying to get to the Main Event stage would. The problem is right now Upper Card wrestlers have no use out of the IC or US Title. Upper Card and Main Event wrestlers both are going after the World and WWE Title.

Sure they have use for it, it's a stepping stone for guys like The Miz who probably wouldn't be having much purpose or credibility if he wasn't the reigning United States champion, and have held the tag team championships for a fair deal of time as well, the same goes for Drew McIntyre, cause would we really give a shit about him if he hadn't been holding the Intercontinental championship? I certainly would've cared less to say the least.

Agree it is based on how the storyline is scripted. But that brings me to the point I said before. They don't even have to be feuding over a title, if the feud is boring, the feud is boring. Two main event guys can be feud over the WWE Title or they can be feuding over a grudge, but if it isn't booked well, it won't matter.

Already addressed.

Not a problem, maybe I worded something wrong (I am two lazy to read everything we wrote so who knows lol) but I don't mind the brand split. It is a pretty smart idea actually.

Exactly, and that's the point I've been trying to put forth, split brands and split rosters means an automatic superior income because in the end, it's new people all the time, as opposed to people probably eventually growing bored with having to watch the same guys week in and week out.. TWICE.

I think what it comes down to is I just want a true champion. Wrestling has always had one main event title and they no longer do. There is nobody who can say they are the top dog because on the other brand someone else holds a title of equal importance, regardless if we all know Swagger isn't as important as Cena. Too make it just doesn't make any sense. Its like if the NFL had two Super Bowl winners or if we had two presidents. I understand all your arguments. I understand that having two champions mean two "main event matches" at the PPV and two titles that the top wrestlers in the company can fight over. But it also means we don't have a true champion and that is what bugs me the most.

We all want a true champion, and true champions can easily be made through having two world championships, as long as they're booked to be true champions, John Cena is easily booked as a true champion, as well is Triple H, Jack Swagger has the potential for it, as well with many others, it's all about scripting them to be true champions, it's not about the world titles and the quantity about them, it's about how they're scripted.

Besides, if we really wanna put someone as the top dog, it could very well be achieved through champion vs champion matches, it's been done before, although over two championships that weren't of same caliber (Intercontinental champion vs World Heavyweight champion) but it could very well work, it was done back in the 60's and 70's, although they ended as double count-outs, no contests, or time draws, it could very well serve again as making strong champions.

Ok, so keep both the World and WWE titles, both the IC and US titles, make one tag team title for god sakes, rid the divas and keep the womens, and also add a tv and cruiser weight title, titles just keep things more interesting unlike in 2003 when raw just had the world and tag team titles, which to me just looked stupid to be honest.

World Heavyweight Title - (signifies being the best on the planet)

United States Heavyweight Title - (originated in the NWA-JCP, and historically it's holder was automatic #1 contender to the World Title)

World Television Title - (eliminate the "brand extension" and there are plenty of wrestlers to have a 3rd singles title)

World Tag-Team Title - (signifies the best tag-team on the planet)

Women's World Title - (signifies best female wrestler on the planet)

and maybe....

World Junior Heavyweight/Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight Title - (call it one of these 3 names, but is good for the small speedy wrestlers)

and if they ever get a strong, real tag-team division going

United States Tag-Team Title - (secondary tag title, and #1 contenders for the World Tag Belts)

I know there are alot of big names in the company, but NWA-JCP was also loaded with alot of big names. But they treated EVERY title like it was the best thing since sliced bread, so MANY times main eventers fought over the World, U.S., and TV titles - they could bounce around between the titles (World Champ could lose and go after the U.S. belt, and the prestige behind it was it also made you #1 contender), but at any time move back up to challenge again for a higher title.

Guys like Ric Flair, Sting, Lex Luger, Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Magnum T.A., Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Harley Race, Terry Funk, Scott Steiner, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndorff, Jack Brisco, Lou Thesz, Dory Funk, Arn Anderson, Wahoo McDaniel, etc.... all of these guys fought over and even held either 2 or all 3 singles titles (SOME even held the National Heavyweight Title and/or Missouri Heavyweight Title also). Former World Champs later won the U.S. Title (or U.S. champs later held the TV Title), only to later on step up again and win the World Title again. This was never considered a demotion - ever. All 3 titles were held by main event wrestlers, but the titles were still promoted that the World Title was for the best in the world, the U.S. Title for the champion of the #1 country and thus #1 contender to the World Title, and the T.V. Title as a stepping stone to the big 2.

Same goes for the U.S. Tag-Team Title (both the NWA and the WWWF have had their own respective U.S. Tag belts). They have enough wrestlersto make a 2-title tag division. Consider the NWA (JCP) at one point: The Steiner Brothers, The Roadwarriors, 4-Horsemen (Arn & Tully, or Arn and Ole), The Freebirds, The Midnight Express, The Rock 'n Roll Express, The Skyscrapers, Doom, The Samoan Swat Team, Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk, The Dynamic Dudes, The Russians, Barry Windham & Ronnie Garvin (or Lex Luger), The Varsity Club, J-Tex, The Sheepherders (Bushwackers), The State Patrol, etc... Plenty of teams for 2 titles (they even had National Tag-Team belts as well).

The NWA, the WWF, and WCW have all had multiple TV shows each week and all the wrestlers from the company appeared - not this "brand split crap" - and there we're 2 world titles per company. (NWA used: NWA Power Hour, NWA Pro, NWA World Wide Wrestling, NWA World Championship Wrestling, and NWA Main Event, plus 4 Clash of the Champions per year; WCW had: WCW Power Hour, WCW Pro, WCW World Wide Wrestling, WCW Saturday Night, WCW Main Event and 4 Clash of the Champions per year, and later WCW Monday Nitro and WCW Thunder). Heck, I even remember seeing Nature Boy Buddy Landel vs. Nature Boy Ric Flair on NWA Power Hour.

So if NWA-JCP did all of this, and the WWWF did, as well as the old WWF, and WCW did it, then the WWE can do it right as well if they really care to.

But there should ONLY be ONE World Heavyweight Champion. Eliminate the WWE Title. Major wrestling promotions (NWA, AWA, WWWF, WCW, IWGP, AWA Boston, NWAssociation, TNA, etc...) and boxing promotions (WBA, WBC, IBF) have all referred to their top champion as NOT the promotion's champion, but as the World Heavyweight Champion. Really - would you rather be the best of a promotion, or Heavyweight Champion of the World?

WWE Championship (Raw) and the World Heavyweight Championship (SmackDown) - To me it just makes sense. Having one cross-brand title would leave many deserving main eventers out in the cold while two or sometimes three wrestlers compete for one title. There are around 10 main eventers currently (Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho, Undertaker, Sheamus, Swagger, Triple H, Mysterio, CM Punk). Not to mention the ones ready to break through (Kingston, Morrison, Miz, Christian, McIntyre). Having two main titles has allowed non-established stars to surprise and shock by winning a world title, while the other one can be held by a top guy (look at Swagger and Cena now).

United States Championship (Raw) and the Intercontinental Championship (SmackDown) - Titles to gradually bring people into the world championship picture. They work well now. The only thing I want is for them to be defended a bit more. The Miz defended very rarely this year (I think twice against MVP).

WWE Tag Team Championship (Cross-brand) - Unifying them has been a very good thing, it has created a streamlined, quality pool of tag teams. Just make one belt though, it looks a bit stupid seeing them carrying around two belts.

WWE Women's Championship (Cross-brand) -Get rid of the Diva's Championship, it's just a bit pointless. The Women's Championship has a great heritage, so it needs to stay around. Recently, it has been contested by very good wrestlers in the form of Lay-cool and Phoenix. It needs to stay like that.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship (Cross-brand) - Contested by those under 220lbs (i think). Would give those who have been sidelined from the world championship scene for their size something. Not as prestigious as the US or IC titles, but still contested on PPVs. Could provide some good matches. Considering the heritage of the old one, I think it should be re-activated rather than created.

I'm in two minds about the TV Title. It might be a good thing but is it just a title for the sake of a title? Also the name, TV Title, is a bit rubbish. Perhaps 'Superstars Championship' or something like that.

The only thing I'd change about the current setup of the WWE titles would be to return the Cruiserweight championship. Through that, the cruiserweight division could be brought back, and more superstars like Bourne would have more to do than just job to the bigger guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back