whats your favorite mick foley gimmick??

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
So mick foley has had 3 main gimmicks in his career...well 4:
Dude love, Mankind, Cactus Jack and mick foley himself.....
Very easy whats your favorite?
The king of hardcore cactus jack
The demented mankind
The funny dude love
Or mick foley himself

As far as matches go i would have to go with cactus jack, him vs HHH at the rumble in 00 is one of the best matches for the title IMO
As far as the overall gimmick goes i would have to go with dude love, he was hilarious and I loved his dance!
So whats your?? Discuss

Pretty much agree with exactly what you said. Cactus Jack, but with an honorable mention for some of the awesome Dude Love moments. I just read all of his books recently, well I'm on Countdown to Lockdown right now, but finished the other 3 recently.

All of these gimmicks of Mick Foley's were great. With Mankind, Foley took the character in several different directions: demented, tortured maniac who played with pet rats and infamously called Goldust "mommy." Then, he molded the character into corporate America by giving him the shirt and tie, a tie back to his attempts to be the favorite of Vince McMahon. From there, and after the summer of 1998, he tried to make the character more kid-friendly and more comical, essentially making Mankind more of an extension of Foley's personality.

Cactus Jack was the straight up hardcore gimmick, a character that would maim himself to take out his opponent. He didn't mind taking dives onto concrete or jumping through tables. If it hurt his opponent, so be it. Other than the run in ECW where Jack went anti-Hardcore, Cactus was the wildest of Foley's personalities throughout his career. It was remembered fondly enough to where the character was brought into WWF with much success. If Mankind was the demented, sick version of Foley, then Cactus was Foley's psychotic, sadomasochistic version that was used to elevate a feud. Take this for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68gwIbZ6jQ8 .

However, I have to admit, my favorite gimmick of Mick Foley has always been Dude Love.
There was such a good build to the emergence of the character on TV. There was the interview where Foley talked to J.R. about being Dude Love in a video. Then, there were subtle hints on TV that Dude was going to appear until finally, when Steve Austin needed a tag team partner to fight off Owen and Bulldog, Dude Love made his WWF debut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bQsqSyCaUs (8:00 in). Dude Love was Mick Foley at his most ridiculous comically. When Foley brought Dude back in 1998, Corporate Dude Love was the perfect villain for Steve Austin to go against. Someone Austin had tag teamed with in the past and the antithesis of everything Stone Cold Steve Austin was: colorful, comical, light-hearted, and a corporate sellout. Foley played the part to a T.

Dude Love was my favorite gimmick of the "Three Faces of Foley."

Cactus Jack, for me, had the best matches. But then, Cactus Jack was around for much, much longer than either Mankind or Dude lover were, and Foley has only been wrestling under his real name since his 'retirement' in 2000. However, in terms of which persona was the most entertaining in terms of characterisation, I have to go with Mankind. Sure, Dude Love was entertaining and Zany Old Mick Foley was fun too, but his promo work as Mankind, before he became the 'human muppet' and introduced Mr. Socko and so on, was fantastic. I know it's cliché to say this, but the interviews with Mankind and JR were some of the best interviews I've ever seen. So, I'm going to have to go with Mankind.

I was never a huge fan of Dude Love, so he is immediately ruled out.

Between Cactus Jack and Mankind....hmmmm....

One of my biggest memories in wrestling from when I was younger was the I Quit match between Mankind and The Rock were Foley took a stupid amount ofunprotected chair shots to the head, it was so brutal. I gained so much respect for him that day. However, I was never a big fan of the "demented" side of the Mankind character, the ripping the hair out, shaking etc

Cactus on the other hand, when he made his return in the feud with Triple H, was awesome. I much prefered the madman side of this character to anything Foley had done before. Plus the "Bang Bang" catchphase is one of my all times faves in wrestling. The street fight and HIAC matches with The Game are still two of the best matches I have ever seen, any after seeing clips of promos and matches from Foley back in ECW, I definately think the Cactus Jack persona allowed Foley more freedom creatively.

So Cactus for me

All of his gimmicks were classic but my favorite has to be Cactus Jack without a doubt. I loved the hardcore gimmick. He had a crazy attitude and I love how he says "Bang, Bang"
His matches were the best as Cactus Jack but that has nothing to do with Mick Foley as it does WWE's booking.

The Dude Love gimmick was really good because he is hilarious and I would like for him to return this character for one night or something in TNA because I would totally mark out for that.

Then you have Mankind, I wasn't that big of a fan of Mankind but the gimmick wasn't bad. He was also funny as Mankind when he teamed with the Rock.

Lastly, you have Mick Foley himself, which I also liked because it's just Mick being Mick. He is funny as himself and is hardcore. I really liked him as the commisionar and I wished WWE would have made him Raw's gm before he left the company.

I would have to say my favorite was Mankind because under that gimmick Foley had some of his best moments and it was also his most memorable character in my opinion. Classic moments such as when he won the WWE Championship after the infamous "put some butts in the seats" remark on WCW, "This is your life" with the Rock, and who could forget his guest appearance as himself on Boy Meets World? Cactus Jack comes in second. I didn't like him as himself that much, he was far better as both Cactus Jack and Mankind. I did not care for Dude Love, he was just flat out annoying in my opinion. So it's Mankind in first, Cactus Jack is second, himself third, and Dude Love for fourth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back