Where do you see WWE in 5 years time?

kurt_angle_no1fan

Pre-Show Stalwart
Where do you see WWE in 5 years time in regards to the roster? In 5 years time I feel the following will of retired/left the organisation.

Batista, Undertaker, Big Show, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Mark Henry, Great Khali
William Regal. These will of retired for various reasons, age, other projects or shelf life gone.

There are some big shoes to fill there, nameley the first 5. I understand WWE works in cycles, always has, and always will but who can really make the step up and become established on the current roster?

Cena, Edge, Jericho, Triple H, Orton will still be at the top of their game. Can Swagger, Sheamus, Miz, Dibiase, Mcintyre, Morrison REALLY fill the boots of the wrestlers who will probably be gone by then? There is a distinct lack of characters if you ask me...we will never see another Undertaker or Kane.

For what its worth, I think WWE has some good talent coming through but I just cant see it yet. There isnt a Brock Lesnar coming through!

Considering WWE hasn't changed that much in the past 5 years and they've only recently started to push new people, I see WWE being just as stale in 5 years as they are now. Cena has still got a long career ahead of him, and he's stale now, imagine how he'll be in 2015. Same with any of the new guys they're pushing, Swagger has already seemingly ''made it''. He'll improve as a performer but overexposure is still going to be a problem for him, as it is everybody else.

I don't think people like The Miz & Sheamus will be able to fill the boots of people like HBK or Batista, but they'll do just fine. Good for their era is how people will describe them.

In five years, hopefully the PG Era will be over. I doubt Triple H will still be at the top of his game (pardon the pun) but he'll make rare appearances like the undertaker does now, like a legend who still comes out to kick arse.
Now Swagger, Sheamus, Miz, Dibiase, Mcintyre and Morrison may not be the only stars to fill those shoes. I feel Christian will step up to the plate as well. By then the WWE would have a lot more Main eventers/upper midcarders to fill all the fued gaps. Creative would have a lot more to work with too and hopefully they wont have all fueded too much before they reach the main event.
Now that being said, I also see there being a replaced bunch of midcarders too. Evan Bourne, Yoshi etc. People who at the moment are jobbers but will go better and hopefully get a title shot.

In 5 years we will still be in the era of Cena.He will be Main Eventing PPV all the time but with newer guys.The PG era will have ended and people like Miz,sheamus,Morrison would have steped up onto the Main Event or Mid card seen.We will seen new people enter the WWE as we all know that a wrestling career dosen't last forever and what a day it will be when Taker hangs up the boots.

In five years, hopefully the PG Era will be over. I doubt Triple H will still be at the top of his game (pardon the pun) but he'll make rare appearances like the undertaker does now, like a legend who still comes out to kick arse.
Now Swagger, Sheamus, Miz, Dibiase, Mcintyre and Morrison may not be the only stars to fill those shoes. I feel Christian will step up to the plate as well. By then the WWE would have a lot more Main eventers/upper midcarders to fill all the fued gaps. Creative would have a lot more to work with too and hopefully they wont have all fueded too much before they reach the main event.
Now that being said, I also see there being a replaced bunch of midcarders too. Evan Bourne, Yoshi etc. People who at the moment are jobbers but will go better and hopefully get a title shot.

i tend to agree with this sentiment. i think we are seeing now that HHH's body is slowly starting to break down. it seems like he suffers an injury and misses a huge amount of time at least once a year now. i'm not sure how much more is body is going to take considering he is probably one of the oldest guys who is always there everyday and has the roughest schedule. the wwe is going to really have to consider lessening his workload, ala, undertaker in order to be as big as he is for a longer period of time. he's turning 41 in july.

In 5 years time, the WWE will still be on top and The biggest wrestling company in the world.

John Cena will still be huge, but will be moving in a direction similar to the Rock. He will be working on a lot of outside projects, and phasing wrestling out of his life.

Triple H will have a lot more control. Will still be wrestling, but on a lighter schedule (a la Taker). Will be winding down his time as an active wrestler, and will have broken Flair's 16 World Title reigns.

Matt Hardy, MVP, Mark Henry, William Regal will be gone.

Drew McIntyre will be released for drug related issues. (Just a guess)

Evan Borne and Kofi will still be midcarders in limbo.

Orton, Sheamus, Ted Jr, Morrison, Miz, Swagger, Danielson, and Christian will be the huge draws.

Undertaker will be retired, as will Kane. Undertaker's WM streak will remain unblemished.

Big Show, Jericho, Mysterio and Edge will be working for another company, probably TNA (if it is still around).

AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Abyss will have jumped ship for more money, exposure, and fame. They will be loving life in the WWE. AJ will be a huge face. Joe will be a huge heel, and Abyss will be the monster to replace Taker and Kane. All of their careers will have the direction that they lacked in TNA. (I realize that this probably won't be very popular here, and it isn't really a knock on TNA, I just can see this happening).

I am no Nostradamus and I have no crystal ball. I’m just a jackass at a computer with a vivid imagination.

While I don't necessarily see the PG era being over in 5 years time, it could be, it could be going strong still.

I think WWE's main event scene will be changed drastically, I think guys like Chris Jericho, Edge, Triple H, Batista, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio being gone, but I believe that some of the main event picture from now will still be going strong, guys like Randy Orton and John Cena will most likely still be around (Randy will obviously, with the exception if he suffers a career ending injury) and overall I for the most of it see the upper mid-card guys going into the main event picture, a guy like Miz may very well be a 2-3 times world champion, if not more, a guy like Jack Swagger will be one of the top guys of the company etc.

It's really nothing new, we've seen it before, and we'll see it again, new guys arrive, rise to the top and retire, I think the current upper mid-card / mid-card guy's may very well be the main eventers in 3-5 years time, and creating awesome feuds just like there's being made awesome feuds in todays business.

WWE will be very much the same I believe, just new names, new feuds, but the concept of it all won't change, and I may very well lean to the belief that the PG Era may very well still be around.

Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Matt Hardy, MVP and Regal will all be gone, mostly due to age and the toll on their bodies that wrestling has taken.

Triple H will not be gone, but maybe take a couple months off every year much like Undertaker does now. Be around just in time for Summer Slam, Survivor Series (or whatever its replacement pay-per-view will be), Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. so a lighter schedule, but still be around and still winning a world title here and there and still relevant to the main event scene. in fact, wouldn't be surprised to see Triple H take the place of the Mr. McMahon on-screen character by this time.

now you have all these NXT rookies that quite frankly could become legit mid-carders in the next few years. so they rise up to the ranks and fill the gap left by present-day mid carders that will rise up to the main event scene.

by that, i mean that i would expect Morrison, Miz, Christian, Kofi, Rhodes, Dibiase and a few others to go to the next level, from mid card to main event within the next five years (hopefully sooner!).

Jericho, Edge, Orton, Cena, Sheamus, Swagger and CM Punk will still be around, assuming no serious injuries or drug issues. i doubt Cena will phase out like the Rock did and go Hollywood. Cena i'm sure enjoys doing outside stuff, but it's also super obvious that the guy lives and breathes wrestling above all else (except for maybe family). so he'll still be around and still be a face (if not the face) of WWE.

and there's always the possibility of some guys from ROH and TNA coming over to WWE. maybe guys like Styles, Christopher Daniels, Abyss, Dinero, Wolfe, Morgan, Samoa Joe, etc. i doubt we'll ever see Angle, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Jarrett, Flair, Hogan, RVD or Anderson back in a WWE ring again. too much trash talking about the WWE to be welcomed back with open arms.

5 years from now, WWE will still be doing better than any other promotion, will still have similar storylines and angles, but will just have moved some names around. quite honestly, it's impossible to replace guys like Undertaker and Kane, even Big Show and Regal, but there are plenty of guys with lots of talent on the current roster and plenty of very hungry and gifted athletes that are begging for the chance to shine. i bet we'll see a lot of changes in the WWE in five years and we'll all be very happy to see that and to see just what some of these guys can do when given the chance.

To be honest, in 5 years I think all WWE superstars will be in TNA and ROH because in 5 years Vince will be dead and Stephanie & HHH will more than likely run the WWE into the ground without their father's hand involved in the family business so yeah. I hate to say it but WWE's days are marked!

The PG era will just have finished. It won't necessarily be a new attitude era, more the 'ruthless aggression' period. My reasoning for this is that the kids WWE attracts now will be older and want a more mature product.

Cena and Orton will still be at the top, being the new Rock and Austin respectively. But the 'new breed' of Superstars like McIntyre, Sheamus, Kingston, CM Punk, DiBiase, Miz, Morrison and Swagger will make up the main event scene. And the NXT rookies will be established stars. There may even be a huge breeakout star ala Brock Lesnar or Sheamus. Also considering that Danielson and Kaval will be huge stars, I hope there will be more wrestlers from independents who are just great at wrestling.

In terms of those who are no longer in the company, Undertaker and Kane will be gone, losing the last of the cartoon-like characters in wrestling. Triple H may play a role in the company or be part-time, but Jericho, Big Show, Mysterio as well as others will most likely be gone due to age or choice.

On a wider level, I don't think there will be any major competition for WWE. It will still be the biggest promotion in the world. TNA will still be small or maybe not even around any more. I don't see any major changes in the future, certainly not within five years.

Okay, so WWE in 5 years...first of all i think they'll still be PG...that's not going to change anytime in the far future.

As for superstars, which will be gone:
* Batista - he said he might be done with it himself this year.
* Chris Jericho - i say him because he's 39, and we don't know about his future, but I don't think he'll continue after the age of 45 at the least, maybe he will, but for one he think he may be retired in 5 years time, plus he's got a band.
* Mark Henry - Same as Jericho, they're both same age, Mark Henry has been in the "E" for a long time aswell just like Jericho, I think he will be done in 5 years time.
* Kane - His time will come in the next 3 years or so, he has helped put a lot people over in the past couple of years and I don't see him in the WWE as a 47 year old.
* Triple H - He may stay in the "E" his whole life, but his wrestling days are going to be behind him in 5 years time, he's finally been hit with the same pain that Taker and HBK go through every year and he will now start to take it easy.
* William Regal - Great veteran, he will stick around for a long time, but for his wrestling, he will be done IMO in 5 years time.
* Big Show - He's 38 now, he will most likely be done with wrestling come 5 years time, he certainly isn't going to be getting any title reigns from now until he retires.
* Chavo Guerrero - He will turn 40 this year, and in another 5 years, I don't see him wrestling, hell I don't see him wrestle now.
* Finlay - Finlay is now i think done with wrestling as Vince is just trying out the young stars, but I thought i'd mention him.
* Rey Myesterio - Yes, he's 35, but what more can you get out of him, he has limited his moves in the ring but still great to watch, but as his body will tire, he will want to call it a day - the way he's going with his contract at this stage, he is more likely to be future endevoured.
* The Undertaker - How much more could WWE want from him, he has served as a wrestler for the "E" for 20 years, has done so much for the business and he himself is getting pains, he probably will wrestle another 2 wrestlemania matches before he retires IMO.

Up and coming stars
* Hart Dynasty - These 2 won't be a team forever, i see them in the "E" as big stars though in 5 years time, with them capturing secondary championships.
* Ezeqiel Jackson - I think he's got a bright future and wwe will keep him, he could be a real dominant force in the "E", if used right he can.
* John Morrison - JoMo, a great wrestler, i think his mic work can improve and he could be holding the WWE championship in 3 years at least.
* Miz - Same as JoMo, I see Miz going into the world title picture late next year, just not this year, but in 5 years time, he can be a successful face.
* Sheamus - Another great star for the future, already held the WWE Champion and he will have many more in the next 5 years.
* Ted Dibiase - I think he should be tried as a Intercontintal Champion before he goes for any World title, a good future I see for him.
* CM Punk - Dubbed the next face of WWE, and he most definately will, he has everything and in 5 years he could have up to 8 world title reigns. Good lengthly reigns aswell not just for 70 days.
* Cody Rhodes - See Dibiase. A good title run as US champion in the next years and he will be a world champion in the future.
* Dolph Ziggler - I keep wondering what WWE are doing with this man, he could have already had 2 IC title runs, but i guess they were building his character, with the new sleeper, he could put many people to sleep with that submission hold, and use it to win titles.
* Drew McIntyre - Seriously needs a proper character, I think he got some looks to be a Triple H like character, in 5 years he will have had a world title.
* Kofi Kingston - Do I think he will win world title? Maybe, but he will always be popular with the fans, especially with the kids and they will keep him.

WWE will still be the no. 1 promotion in North America in 5 years time, I don't see TNA or ROH coming close in the next 5 years.

I think it depends on whether Vince is still in charge or if he has passed it over to HHH by then (since we all know that's who will take over)

The older generation will be gone. I think Cena will be in the current HHH role, always on the edge of the title picture, but usually helping to put people over instead.

I think, and hope, we will sees something similar to the 'Ruthless aggression' era of 2002-2005, (more technical and mat based wrestling with less gimmick matches) led by Orton, Danielson, Punk, DiBiase and the Miz. I think a few of the current TNA guys might come over to WWE, but not many. WWE seem able to do a good enough job of creating their own stars atm.

I wouldn't see too many of the current stars still on the roster in 5 years, just look how many people have left in the last 5 years, and not just because of retirement.

I dont see them no where in 5 years, they will be stale as ever and probably have someone like Kofi kingston as champ. Half of their roster will be in TNA due to being misused and so fourth. TNA on the other hand will be back on Monday nights and kicking Raw's ass.

I dont see them no where in 5 years, they will be stale as ever and probably have someone like Kofi kingston as champ. Half of their roster will be in TNA due to being misused and so fourth. TNA on the other hand will be back on Monday nights and kicking Raw's ass.

... and now back to the real world.

The WWE has plenty of potential with its current crop, with the likes of Edge, Orton, Punk and Sheamus all likely to be around in 5 years time. They won't be short of main eventers. The current midcard has a few potential stars in the making, you have Drew who if given the right story could be the next big heel. You have DH Smith, who has the build and talent to do something his father could not do (win the big one). Even someone like The Miz could fill the void if Jericho is no longer around.
John Morrison still has plenty of time and in 5 years could be the leading face of the company. Cena will pretty much still be around unless Hollywood come knocking.
As for the future midcard, the likes of Swagger (yes I know he's the champion and all now) could be the top heel midcarders pushing future talent and occasionally challenge the big one. A bit like Jericho, JBL, Angle have done in the past. Plus the old guns who will still be about, the likes of Kane, Matt Hardy and lesser old guns like MVP filling in the slots. Then there is always those shining gems that appear out of nowhere that will fill the void and become then next break out stars.
Don't see an issue the WWE will have at all, in terms of the wrestlers they could have. As for the stories, scripts, angles etc well I don't see another Attitude Era on the Horizon, more of a 1996-1997 feel to it.

The WWE has evolved so much in the last 5 years that I see further evolution ahead. In the last 5 years we've seen a transition towards lots of youth and seeing what the farm systems have to offer. In 5 years I see/hope lots of the older wrestlers retire and we continue to see wrestlers who are currently in FCW given an opportunity to shine. WWE didn't see the potential in the past wrestlers who were released or they were ticking timebombs who were a liability and potential disasterous press. Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy WWE basically let go of because they had outside the ring issues and the fear was that Angle would be dead by now if he continued their schedule. Jeff Hardy has his own legal problems. Young talent like Matt Morgan and Elijah Burke Im guessing head office saw no future in and Shelton Benjamin as great as he is to some people has been labelled lazy for what he can do. Everyone has said that Benjamin could be a world champion but his rep is that he just cruises through his matches. In 5 years we may see DH Smith a world champion, we may see Richie Steamboat up in the big show competing for titles, we may see Ted and Brett Dibiase together and I'm sure lots of indy stars will finally fulfill their dream of being signed and coming up to the WWE.

WWE is very clever for creating a farm system where they can groom talent the way they want to, get them in ring action, get them coached by great talent and have them on TV developing some mic skills.

I see in 5 years John Cena going heel finally, HHH being 1 title short or 1 title ahead of Ric Flair depending on his future with TNA. I see Vince McMahon slowly passing the torch to his family. I think Orton will dominate the main event picture. Edge will be winding things down (he'll be 42 then) along with several others who are in the 35+ range.

I beleive TNA wrestling will be out of business in 5 years as they continue to spend foolishly and are not growing at all business wise as a company. Have they even had a 10,000 paid attendance event?

When I read the thread title I didn't necessarily think in terms of the roster. But in terms of the overall product I hope the PG thing is relaxed quite a bit by then. I've heard people refer to the current product as "Disney WWE" and I agree 100%, it just feels so polished and harmless and boring. I know they're trying to set up the younger audience for a lifetime of WWE loyalty and spending, but I think at some point they are going to realize just about everyone would like a little dose of attitude to still be in the product.

Perhaps depending on the success of MMA over these same five years, Vince may get in one of his moods again where he wants to "legitimize" the "sport" by making it seem more like a shoot, with a resurgence of KO and submission finishes to matches.

Many of the older guys will be gone or preparing to leave. I'm all for younger talent and new stars, but I hope somewhere in the younger ranks right now there are still guys who are learning how to tell a story in the ring. So many of the younger guys today have the light-heavyweight type of body, and many of them are spot-monkies just trying to do as many flips and flashy moves as they can. I don't want it to end up like Wrestling Society X on MTV where guys were flying all over, not selling a damn thing, EXPLODING COFFIN MATCHES (lmao), etc. There will always be a need for powerhouse type of grapplers with the ability to create excitement from the mat, not just from the top rope.

I also think the "wellness" area of the entire industry will need to evolve. I don't expect guys to get 20 concussions and die early for my entertainment, but how much can you remove from wrestling in the name of safety? We already lost chairshots and blood, and while those things by no means need to be a part of every match, they serve a purpose i.e. an intense fight at the culmination of a long feud.

I certainly hope they will come up with some exciting new ideas, because my god, I am bored with the product right now.

Simply put, in 5 years, the WWE will be in the same place they've always been for the past 30+ years... at the top. TNA may or may not pose a threat by then, but, if it does, I can see the WWE relaxing more on blood, chair shots to the head and, to an extent, the PG rating. If TNA goes belly up by then, WWE will continue doing what they are doing right now. Personally, in 5 years, I hope the World Wildlife Fund dies, or, at the very least, will FINALLY realize how ******ed they were for getting bent out of shape over three fucking letters.

WWE would be better off not trying to fill anyone's shoes. They should focus all of their attention of character development rather than trying to push someone as "The Next.... (HBK, Taker, whatever)".

To be honest, in 5 years I think all WWE superstars will be in TNA and ROH because in 5 years Vince will be dead and Stephanie & HHH will more than likely run the WWE into the ground without their father's hand involved in the family business so yeah. I hate to say it but WWE's days are marked!

:lmao:really:lmao: dude:lmao: HHH and STEPHANIE will not run down the bussiness HHH has a great mind for the bussiness as a wrestler and a fan so HHH and STEPH will be great for the WWE because in 5 yrs they'll probally have control and alot more young guys will get thier chances sooner because HHH IS A FAN OF WRESTLING and people in TNA WILL BE GOING TO HHH ASKING FOR A JOB

If you really think WWE is that flimsy of a product then you really need to sit down and take a class in Business 1-O-1. I promise you, WWE has a back-up plan for EVERYTHING. Remember when Eddie Guerrero bit the big one and Benoit passed on? Shoes were filled. It's a rhythmic cycle; there is always someone else who is ready to take the reigns of the company and be its figurehead. I mean, why else could WWE have remained on top of the wrestling world for so long? :rolleyes: I find it humorous that you think WWE will die but not TNA.

In five years, Cena will still be on top (I'm thinking heel turn for him by then). I am almost 100% sure The Miz and Sheamus will be in the spotlight more often, and the likes of Jericho, Taker, and HHH will be done in wrestling. But for Trips case, I think he will take a more behind-the-scenes job and perhaps help the company as a representative, like McMahon. He does have the brains for it.

I think it will depend on if linda wins the senate seat or not. She wins, the pg era continues w/ cena who as long as he stays healthy will be the face of the company. She loses we could see them going w/ edgier programming. As long as Vince is healthy he'll run the company well. If he dies then its all up in the air. You can't have the WWE at the top run by suits. The B-school crew have their place handling the ancillary aspects but successful wrestling promotions are the product of one mans vision not run by a committee.

For those saying that the WWE will somehow go out of business in the next five years, I say this: You are an idiot.

I won't go into the myriad of reasons of why that won't happen, but let's just say that the only thing that could end the existence of the WWE in 5 years is the 2012 apocalypse.

Now then, onto the subject at hand. Here's how I see things going:

- HHH, Taker, Jericho, Henry, Batista, Mysterio, and Regal will be retired from in-ring work. HHH will definitely still be around doing backstage stuff and what not.

- MVP, Yoshi Tatsu, Khali, Zack Ryder, among others will also be gone-due to release.

- Punk, Miz, Morrison, McIntyre, Kofi, Sheamus, Swagger, and Barrett will be our new main eventers, along with a new face superstar who will rocket to the main event a la John Cena.

- Cena, Orton, and Edge will still have their spots, though Edge might not be working as much as those two.

- The PG Era may end, but there will be no new Attitude Era. We'll probably get something close to the Post-War Era instead.

- Vince will still rule with an iron fist. I honestly don't see him truly stepping down/passing the torch until he dies. He's a proud, stubborn man. Though his wrestling days will have ended long ago. Probably now, actually.

- The Guest Host concept will still be going. However, after every possible celebrity has hosted Raw, the WWE will resort to having local news anchors or hometown "celebs" such as Buffalo's "Wing King" or that "Don't taze me, bro!" guy. Raw will be hosted by the likes of the Sign Guy and my local weatherman, Steve Weagel. They may even have to tap foreign celebrities. A Bollywood Raw, anyone?

Just kidding.

i doubt we'll ever see Angle, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Jarrett, Flair, Hogan, RVD or Anderson back in a WWE ring again. too much trash talking about the WWE to be welcomed back with open arms.

One thing i've learned about wrestling, WWE especially, is never say never. Vince is a businessman, and he's been known for setting personal issues aside for the good of the business, The Ultimate Warrior being a notable example.

I believe WWE will still be the biggest wrestling promotion out there. You will have your Cena's, Orton's, and the like, as well as breakout main eventers like Morrison, McIntyre, and maybe Christian.

Taker, HHH, Batista, and Jericho will Likely be retired.

Everything else is a toss up, honestly.

if trips runs the comapany in five years then he will be power hungery and he will be maineventing every night so lets all just prey that vince will stay healthy for a long long time like until after triple h retires but they will have lost some of the people that we think will be stars like kofi,morrison and so on because they never got used and it wont take them 5 years to get fed up with the way they are being booked

if trips runs the comapany in five years then he will be power hungery and he will be maineventing every night so lets all just prey that vince will stay healthy for a long long time

Was hard to cut this into quotes being a run-on sentence lol. Ok, let me give you some incentive on what is to come to play in only a few years:

Triple H retiring. He is slowing down a lot if you tune in to WWE nowadays. He will be back for Sheamus I am sure, but ultimately it will be the Celtic Warrior that gets put over and becomes the Main Event star.

Paul Levesque (HHH) is not an idiot. I have heard him talk on many talk shows even with his wife Stephanie McMahon. He knows he won't be in the spotlight- he's not even in it now. To say he will Main Event every Main Event is rather farfetch'd.

like until after triple h retires but they will have lost some of the people that we think will be stars like kofi,morrison and so on because they never got used and it wont take them 5 years to get fed up with the way they are being booked

I had this same discussion once before. Let me fill you in:

WWE has the Main Event, and then they have back-up (that's what we call mid-card pgerasucks)

When Triple H and Brock Lesnar ruled their brands in 2002-2003, guess who was midcarding? John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, etc. They waited for a good amount of years (Edge waited practically TEN) to be on top of the mountain.

And the only way the likes of Morrison and Kofi will get fed up is if they don't get paid enough. Kofi has had his chance quite a few times and has botched enough for WWE to not want him on top. Morrison hasn't gotten over enough with his character. Give them a few years and they will be on top- Hell I wager at least one of the two you mentioned will be Main Eventing in 5 years time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back