Which wrestlers should WWE sign if TNA ever folds?

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
If TNA ever folds, should TNA ever go out of business then which TNA superstars should WWE sign? If it ever gets to that point the WWE should sign the following superstars that being Eric Young, Awesome Kong, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Kenny King, Austin Aries, The Wolves, EC3, MVP and Lashley but out of those superstars who I could see making it in WWE realistically are:

Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, The Wolves, MVP and Lashley

well, first things first, MVP is not in TNA anymore if i am right....WWE has already had success with Angle and they already had MVP and Lashley on the main roster. i think all three are talented, BUT honestly, i kinda dont want to see Angle part timing in WWE. As for MVP, when he was last in WWE, he was a mid carder at best and that's what i feel he will be in WWE again. in TNA though, he would've likely won the tna title eventually. as for Lashley, if he went back to the WWE, he would need a mouthpiece because his promo skills and facial reactions are just awful, thankfully for him, his in ring skills are great.

as for the others, i would love to see them in the WWE, but they likely wouldn't (with the exception of the Wolves) do much. Roode and Aries would likely end up in NXT and maybe making it to the main roster, but i dont see them winning the world title.

as for who i would want from TNA to WWE, i would love to see the Wolves in the tag team division, i would also like to see Kong back in WWE as well as Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky because the Diva's are coming on strong and adding Kong, Rayne and Sky would make it more interesting.

First of all, Aries, King, and MVP, have all left TNA. Pretty soon, Angle will be gone soon.

Lashley may be lightyears ahead of where he was in 2007, but WWE already tried with him. I like Lashley, but with all of the stars they have on not only the main roster, but also in NXT, why even waste the time, energy, and money in re-signing a guy who already left the company after a subpar performance? Again, I like Lashley, but there really isn't enough upside for WWE to resign him at almost 40 years old.

On the other hand, we have ECIII. Yes, he was also in WWE. He was much less successful in WWE than Bobby Lashley, and much like Lashley he has gotten exponentially better after leaving WWE. However- ECIII is seven years younger than Lashley. And I believe he is much more talented than nearly anyone on the TNA roster. ECIII is a guy who is different enough that adding him to the WWE or NXT Roster would be a much greater addition, and there is still a lot of money to make with him.

As for everybody else- I think Bobby Roode should have been signed ages ago. If anyone in TNA has WWE potential, it's Bobby Roode. And given Roode's ext tag partner Storm just showed up in NXT, there's a chance Roode may be given a role similar to Storm or Rhyno in NXT. But Roode won't be going to main roster WWE. I love the Wolves, but WWE just sees them as another couple of small guys, which they have plenty of. It may not be fair, but there isn't a high chance of the Wolves signing, considering they had a tryout just about 2 years ago and weren't signed. EY and Awesome Kong are both very good, but neither one of them is good enough that signing them would be worth taking a spot away from someone else.

And without a doubt Angle should resign. Given WWE's reliance on part-timers since 2010/11ish, I thought Angle should have been resigned years ago. Angle is without a doubt a future WWE Hall of Famer. Why not bring him back for a few matches? Not only is Angle a bigger star than basically everybody in TNA (excluding maybe Jeff Hardy), Angle is a bigger star than a majority of the WWE roster.

I say that the Hardyz should also be brought back for a short run, like the Dudleyz. If WWE were smart, they would sign Rockstar Spud, because he has loads of potential. There's hope that Spud would be a good addition to NXT. But they would have no idea how to properly book him on the main roster. Maybe resign Gail Kim for the NXT Women's Division, but that's about it. Nobody else on the TNA roster is worth looking at for WWE.

If TNA ever folds, should TNA ever go out of business then which TNA superstars should WWE sign? If it ever gets to that point the WWE should sign the following superstars that being Eric Young, Awesome Kong, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Kenny King, Austin Aries, The Wolves, EC3, MVP and Lashley but out of those superstars who I could see making it in WWE realistically are:

First of all it's not if they fold, it's when. Things aren't looking good for them, and they are probably just hanging in by the skin of their teeth right now. I could be wrong, but don't see them being around in two years time.

As for the people you suggested I don't know if the WWE wants even half of them, or if they want to come back. When the rumours where swirling about Angle, it was said he wanted a part time contract but was offered a full time contract which he turned down. As long as HHH is around, Angle won't be back in the WWE. If the dirtsheets are to be believed, Angle now wants to go into the education field.

Awesome Kong left because she was pregnant, and I fully expected her to come back. After losing the baby she sort of turned her back on wrestling, and I was surprised to see her back in TNA, so obviously she stuck her foot into the WWE waters and found them wanting. Besides the way they treat the Diva's is appalling so I don't blame her.

Lashley is doing part time MMA work for Bellator I believe and don't see him coming back. I liked Lashley, but he was kind of horrible on the mic and hasn't improved much from what I've seen.

MVP left TNA, and didn't he burn his bridges before he left the WWE. He's been gone so long I can't even remember anymore.

Only seen the Wolves a couple of times but they would make a nice addition, so would Roode and maybe Aries. With the signing of James Storm recently anything is possible. Other than Jeff Jarrett's new promotion and ROH, there really isn't any other options unless they go to back to the indies. Styles seems to like it there so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Bobby Roode reminds me so much of the COO Triple H in terms of his overall look, the hair, the charisma, the natural raw talent Roode has Triple H possesses and still possesses to this day but also the way Roode carries himself is so similar to how Triple H carries himself

Almost like the exact mold you know?

As for Austin Aries if he were to ever be in WWE I honestly think he could thrive here in the big leagues especially if you were to stick Aries in NXT at least for a little while until he gets his footing and then BAM on the main roster I think Aries could actually make it

Aries in some ways he reminds me a lot of CM Punk

The problem with TNA's current tv show is it's showing old pre taped matches and some of the guys are no longer contracted to the company

Austin Aries is no longer signed to TNA but he would make a decent NXT / midcard addition, although I don't want to see NXT become a graveyard for old TNA/indie guys

Bobby Roode seems like he will stay with TNA and Global Force but if WWE could get him to sign within the next 6-12 months he would be a great pickup for NXT, especially if they could reform Beer Money for the tag team division

Lashley is less likely as he also has his MMA career and he would have to abandon that. I don't think he would get pushed above midcard if he did return, although Lashley vs Kevin Owens could be a decent IC title feud

Drew Galloway would be fantastic if used correctly, I could see him in the upper mid card for sure

Angle is no longer signed to TNA but of course he would be a solid pickup for a Wrestlemania match

Apart from that I wouldn't want to see WWE as a dumping ground for TNA guys, I'd prefer to see NXT bring in new or lesser known talents and build from there

Edit: They should also sign Josh Matthews and have someone break his neck

First of all it's not if they fold, it's when. QUOTE]

I stopped reading right there. TNA is NOT folding. You WWE marks have been saying this for years and TNA is STILL around.

You can all keep watching your boring WWE. WWE is a horrible product right now. They have talented young stars, but they keep putting aging 50 year old washed up garbage like Sting, Undertaker, The Dudley Girlz, and Kane in their main events.

And don't get me started on Charolette getting the belt over Sasha Banks. That Flair name must carry some serious weight or Charolette dropped to her knees and gave Vince's the best BJ ever. In reality, Charolette couldn't carry Sasha's jock strap on the best night of her life.

You can go back to your boring, shit WWE now marks.

Half of you don't even know who's on TNA's main roster. If you don't know, please recuse yourself from this discussion or at the minimum learn how to use Google.

If it were up to me, I say sign them all to a 6 month contract. After 6 months, cut some and extend some. After another 6 months, cut some more and extend some more. I would love to have an influx in talent again like it’s 2001. Now that the WWE has NXT, having a ton of talent can’t hurt.

Austin Aries
Hardyz for the last run and eventually to Hall Of Fame
Jessie Godderz
Kurt Angle
Wolves

Austin Aries I can definitely see him as a main event level guy especially if WWE were to ever sign him I mean he has the charisma the mic skills the overall wrestling ability but the thing that will be a strike against him is his size but then again superstars like Aries who are of similar size and stature have gone on to become champions throwing names out there like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk

Jessie I can't see him as a WWE guy at all even though he has the overall look I just can't see WWE signing a former Big Brother alum

Kurt Angle on the other hand I mean he started his career in WWE so for him to finish his career in WWE I mean why WWE hasn't signed him I will never know or understand to be honest

But as for The Wolves the WWE needs a good tag team I mean their tag team division really needs some shaking up so who better than The Wolves for WWE to sign?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back