While NSL is talking about Thread Starters ...

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I figured while the TNA Moderator aired his grievances with the Thread Starters, it's time for the WWE Moderator to air a grievance of his own.

Where as the thread starter should return and invest time discussing the thread ... my BIGGER pet peeve is thread starters in general, as it pertains to the quality of the OP's ... more specifically in the Non-Spam sections.

Let me simply say that OP's are not required to give their own opinions in the OP. I have mixed feelings about this. BUT, in the very least and regardless if you aren't going to offer your own opinions, or have a tone about the opinions you do have about the topics you choose, you need to do one thing ...

Invest in the quality of the OP.

If you half-ass an OP, how do you honestly expect anyone to take your thread seriously? If you don't want to invest time in getting the OP and the topic discussed of the ground, then why should you expect the rest of the posters to follow suit?

Thread starters need to keep in mind that YOU are the ones that initiate and SHAPE the entire discussion from the ground up. You frame the discussion. Therefore, you need to and are responsible for getting the conversation going through a variety of techniques-

- taking multiple viewpoints

- discussing several subtopics that involve the greater topic you are discussing

- asking not just one, but several questions of the posters, to get the creative juices and opinions flowing

- taking a strong, firm point of view that motivate posters to either want to embrace your viewpoint, or disagree with you until the bitter end

I keep hearing about how people want a better forum, better topics discussed, etc. But this is the start of the process right here. It all revolves around the Thread Starter beginning the process from the ground up.

They choose the topic being discussed
They are responsible for investing in the quality of the OP to breathe life into the thread and actually get it going

If you want to talk wrestling, but don't feel like doing a lot with the OP, that's fine. All that's asked is to do it in the Wrestling Spam section. It's more casual there, and if you don't want to invest a lot of time in getting a good discussion going, that is okay. But that honestly is the better environment, with that section in the early stages of starting to get beefed up now through more posters.

The more you invest in your OP's in Non-Spam, the more likely the posters will invest the time to make your thread stand out and become a great thread.

Thank you for listening.

soap_box3.JPEG

152a.jpg

"I desire... I desire soap sculptures. And Macaroni pictures. And those things where you put beans between two paper plates and glue them together."

Sorry, X's pic just made me think of Moses.

Reactions: X
Who's we?

:shrug:

I thought we agreed that the next mods were going to have tits, so Becca can "share the load"...

No offense Becca...You're great, but it's starting to get like eating pizza every day...

Well i started a couple of threads the other day, then real life slapped me in the face.

That's why you try out new toppings. Like nurse outfit, bunny rabbit, Uncle Leo from Seinfeld, Lars Anderson. I can go on.

You haven't seen the pic of Becca in her nurse outfit, have you?

While Sidious is endorsing his forum, I'm going to go ahead and endorse CKD. Tune in Friday. The first 3 people that promise me you'll give feedback, will get a spot on the show.

NO. It exists? Cuz if it does. Then whoa.

It was in the original "Post Your Picture" thread. I found it by accident, and started another thread with the pic. I'm not sure how the hell you'd find it now.

It was almost see through.

I don't think Becca would appreciate anybody but her posting said pics, JKO. Whilst everyone is here check out my new thread in Music. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back