Who are the best INDY guys on the mic now?

Boring

Occasional Pre-Show
In the past ten years, we've seen CM Punk, Kevin Owens(Steen,) and Dean Ambrose all take the next step not just through wrestling, but mic work as well.

The indies are usually known for their in-ring prowess but once in a while in the indies, a guy comes along who can spit with the best of them.

I won't pretend to know much about the circuit at the moment. I have never been a Young Bucks fan, but after watching WK9 and their alliance with Kenny Omega and their ringside antics, "Hey, lets break Eddie Guerrerro's neck!" and adding sound effects for an invisible chainsaw, I want to see more of those guys and that type of attitude. Yet, they're no mic magicians as far as promos go.

I know Jay Briscoe can throw down a fine line, but I'm looking for a little more depth. Basically, I know Jay can talk but other then that I haven't a clue whose left on the indies whose shown potential as a great orator.

So who is it? I know Colt Cabana and perhaps Chris Hero can talk, especially Colt, but they've had a chance and it is apparent they won't be receiving another anytime soon. So whose still out there?

I think there's not a whole lot of people who are THAT good on the mic anymore. You still have Colt and Hero, they can still throw down on the stick. As far as everyone else, there's no depth. One of the ones who I can think of is Roddy Strong, he's an older guy on the indy scene but he's still pretty damn good. He's not as good as your Punks, your Steens, your Moxleys, but as far as the indy scene he's maybe the best you got right now. The Young Bucks are very entertaining on the mic, but they're not great talkers or promo cutters.

Depends what you classify as an "indie" wrestler nowadays, as in unsigned, or someone who works on the indies but also has a contract for non-indie promotions like ROH or Lucha Underground?

If it's the latter, then Adam Cole is one of the best talkers right now in wrestling as a whole. He can cut a more convincing promo than most of the people signed to WWE. Jay Briscoe is in the same boat. Jay Briscoe has perfected the "batshit crazy" character. Jimmy Jacobs has and probably always will be able to cut an exceptional promo. reDRagon, specifically Bobby Fish can go from straight-up wacky comedy to being one of the most serious guys going. There's Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis, Ivelise and Katrina on Lucha Underground are also there, there are tons.

If you mean the straight up indies, as in guys with no contracts or who don't work for national promotions, then you have Tim Donst, who like Jay can put out as good a lunatic promo as anyone but hes a lot more egotistical about it. Drew Gulak cuts very intelligent promos, I don't watch CZW but I've seen clips here and there of him almost inciting violence by verbally destroying their fans. Colt Cabana's always going to be in there. In the UK there are a few guys who cut good promos, Jimmy Havoc, Marty Scrull and Grado are to name a few. There are a lot of guys I'm leaving out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back