Why are the ring ropes white?

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Simple question. I've noticed over the past year or so that Raw's ring ropes are now white. They were always red. If Raw is the "red" brand, then why do they not have red ring ropes? Smackdown is the "blue" brand and has blue ring ropes. NXT has yellow. Perhaps it is due to TNA having red ring ropes and to separate Raw from them, or something. I noticed that they changed to the white ring ropes right around the same time that TNA got their new 4 sided ring with red ropes.

Anyways, I know I tend to analyze things far too much sometimes but it's just a simple question to generate some discussion. Does anybody else miss the classic red ring ropes of Raw? Who cares if TNA has red ropes too, Raw was always the "red" brand and the ropes should match that. I recall that at one point Raw had black ring ropes too. I liked the red a lot better. Perhaps I am biased, as red is my favorite color.... Plus white is just kind of boring of a color. I prefer other colors. Look at the classic red ropes of Raw, or Smackdown's blue; or even the Red White and Blue of the older shows. I liked the red ring ropes better for the Raw product because if they promote it as the RED brand then should the ropes not show that as well?

Why do you think they changed to the white ring ropes? Do you miss the red ring ropes? Why or why not?

The ring ropes in all honesty dont affect the product on the tv in any way that i can think of so its not a big deal to me, i dont think wwe would change their ropes just cause tna have the same colour. I think its just cause white in my view anyway, looks a little more prestigious or important than a coloured rope, and seeing as Raw is the 'A' brand theyl get the white.

Not a big deal in my opinion though, i tend to care more about whats happening between the ropes :D

So we can see the action better. Red makes things look bigger in HD, hence things like Mark Henry wearing red.

I can't tell if your post is serious or not. White just makes everyone in the ring stand out more. I guess... and it'll look good when they bring blood back :ph34r:

i never personally liked the white ring ropes. i hated them at WM 23. i think they should go back to the red, it's, in an odd way, pretty bad ass looking, and black

The ring ropes in all honesty dont affect the product on the tv in any way that i can think of so its not a big deal to me, i dont think wwe would change their ropes just cause tna have the same colour. I think its just cause white in my view anyway, looks a little more prestigious or important than a coloured rope, and seeing as Raw is the 'A' brand theyl get the white.

Not a big deal in my opinion though, i tend to care more about whats happening between the ropes :D

That is a Rope Racist Comment sir

and not that I have anything against the OP, I agree white sucks instead of red being that red is Raw's primary color

But it's funny how some people get bashed for repeating threads and we've had two on this already, this hasnt been the only one, I've witnessed several others that have gone unnoticed by the Mods. So much for fair justice distributed equally in all cases

Either it was completely unnoticed or pure laziness or going half and half on the rules, but I feel it needs to be called out on and it needs to be a constant, if you're gonna want the rules to be taken seriously, otherwise I'd appreciate ppl getting the fuck off my back about trivial shit on an overly complex forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back