Why do hardcore preach all this shit then support the untalented?

Boring

Occasional Pre-Show
I don't know if it's hypocrisy or what, but to me it seems the general wrestling forum audience wants to see talented in-ring workers create something in the ring and usually isn't concerned with a look or long promos.

I'm the type of fan that the in-ring matches don't mean much to me and I can appreciate big wrestlers, long promos etc.

Yet even among forums, meant for the hardcores, there is support for guys like John Cena and now Roman Reigns. The hardcores killed Cena for years, yet Cena has actually been able to give a 5 star performance. Now Roman Reigns shows up and is the apparent heir to the throne, but to a wrestling minded fan, he's even worse then Cena by a good length, not too mention he is fated to follow the Super Cena formula.

It's ridiculous to see people complain about TNA and promo lengths and then be satisfied with Raw, where Reigns does a horrible job unless carried by the likes of Ambrose/Rollins, and Cena has always be criticized.

After all the years of Cena, why even give this guy Reigns a shot? It's mind boggling to me. "Cena Sucks, Vince's appreciation of guys with a look is ruining the business, let's give this Roman Reigns guy a chance he looks bad ass... the IWC sounds like a girl who always dates the wrong guy and never learns her lesson. Support Reigns and continue to bury Ziggler, Cesaro and all the rest.

Part of it is because there are a sect of fans that seem to find it cool to be "ANTI-IWC" despite being on the Internet talking about wrestling in a time where everyone is talking on the net about something.

Another reason is because these days the hardcore Internet fans don't always agree with each other there is no universally unified opinion when it comes to hardcores or "IWCers"

Since it's Day of Goodwill, I'm just going to have some leftovers, instead of responding to this.

Reigns is Batista 2.0. Batista was booked as the better man back then but Cena took over.

Chill. They will be hypocritical once Rollins go on his Cena type face run.

What I don't get it is why IWC think maintaining a look isn't something that can be valued in the entertainment business.

I have yet to see a bad Reigns match actually.

Reigns is as good as his opponent. He had a match against Kane on RAW a few months back and it was disgusting yet when faced Randy Orton on PPV, they had a solid outing.

The problem with Reigns is that he has yet to evolve past the SHIELD. Ambrose has become more focused on his crazy persona, Rollins went corporate but Reigns is still a member of the SHIELD. What worked in the SHIELD for him isn't necessarily going to work for him as a singles guy.

Reigns is a very intimidating dude with a lot of presence. Why not have him say very few words and beat people quickly? Baron Corbin on NXT is being booked this way and it is working wonders. He makes his entrance, hits his special punch, does his finisher and then leaves. Reigns could do the exact same thing and it'll work.

He certainly has a natural personality. I still remember his hilarious shots against NAO at Wrestlemania.

Reigns is not being forced on us by Vince. Almost every report suggest the Reigns push is all HHH.

Every casual I've talked to is eating up all of the Roman Reigns that is being 'forced' on them... yet I keep hearing how the crowd are allegedly against him.

Let's wait till the Rumble for a clearer picture though the WWE aint doing the guy any favours by putting him with the Boring Show...

Since it's Day of Goodwill, I'm just going to have some leftovers, instead of responding to this.

You celebrate Christmas, I take it? Lol. No wonder the world is so messed up.

No one cares about you stuffing your face. This is about not making the same mistake twice. If Roman Reigns is allowed to become the #2 and eventual #1, that isn't good for any WWE fan, unless they like fantasizing about married samoans, which if that's you, my apologies ol' sport.

You celebrate Christmas, I take it? Lol. No wonder the world is so messed up.

No one cares about you stuffing your face. This is about not making the same mistake twice. If Roman Reigns is allowed to become the #2 and eventual #1, that isn't good for any WWE fan, unless they like fantasizing about married samoans, which if that's you, my apologies ol' sport.
Yeah! Fuck Christmas! This is serious. A perfectly normal wrestler should not be pushed and tested. Who cares about an international, centuries old tradition.

I made a mistake. I wanted to delete my comment but I see I can't edit it. I apologize Dirk.
Sometimes I can be so blinded by being right and unapologetic to stupidity that I take it out on innocent people. You cherish your "traditions" that I will never understand, but that kept you from making a stupid comment unlike me, and for that I applaud you.

I apologize for my scathing remarks and am sorry I can't take them back. I suppose organized religion may have a few admirable qualities.

As for the TNA mod scolding me, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN???

Every casual I've talked to is eating up all of the Roman Reigns that is being 'forced' on them... yet I keep hearing how the crowd are allegedly against him.

Let's wait till the Rumble for a clearer picture though the WWE aint doing the guy any favours by putting him with the Boring Show...

And that's absolutely true. The casuals will (and do) love Reigns, while the IWC marks will hate him: That's just how the wrestling universe works these days. The thing is, there are a hell of a lot more casuals out there than there are IWC marks.....so guess who the WWE is looking to keep happy. The casuals are where the money is.

I made a mistake. I wanted to delete my comment but I see I can't edit it. I apologize Dirk.
Sometimes I can be so blinded by being right and unapologetic to stupidity that I take it out on innocent people. You cherish your "traditions" that I will never understand, but that kept you from making a stupid comment unlike me, and for that I applaud you.

I apologize for my scathing remarks and am sorry I can't take them back. I suppose organized religion may have a few admirable qualities.

As for the TNA mod scolding me, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN???
I assume you mean me. What the hell is wrong about Reigns? He can work a good match, he gets a pop, at this point people would gladly take ANYONE over John Cena. Is the mic work why you're so pissy and moany and taking it out on a holiday built around family unity like an immature twat? That's WWE's brilliant scripting at work. All those dumb promo's he's cutting are fed to him and he recites them. Dolph blows it on the mic too and Seth Rollins has turned into a cartoon villain.

Reigns is perfectly fine.

I don't mind Roman Reigns, I just don't think he's ready in the ring or on the stick to be THE guy in WWE just yet. He was great as the heavy in the Shield but his solo act isn't compelling enough to hold my attention just yet.

I don't hate Cena either. I actually think he's kind of cool the way he is. He has a good look, he's great on the stick, and he can work a good match. Oh yeah, and he's great at catching both baby face and hater heat, so he's a win-win.

Reigns is a very intimidating dude with a lot of presence. Why not have him say very few words and beat people quickly? Baron Corbin on NXT is being booked this way and it is working wonders. He makes his entrance, hits his special punch, does his finisher and then leaves. Reigns could do the exact same thing and it'll work.

Who was that guy that made it big doing that again?

tumblr_loq25fSqxL1qibvuao2_400.jpg

2275327_o.gif
ibyhSRuwVwKKDj.gif

tumblr_m24isacXo21qi9mwfo1_r1_400.gif
ikNbbnKM20MqL.gif

lold.jpg
movie1.gif

The problem with reigns is that he isn't ready to be "The top guy".

He is far from ready.
He isn't goldberg.
He isn't cena or rock or stone cold.

He is a midcarder at best.
He needs more time in the midcard. Let him develop more.

To me reigns isn't talented. Mediocre on the mic. Doesnt have charisma.

Even goldberg spent time in the midcard.

I'm not a reign fan. nor will I ever will be.

Reigns is a midcarder at best.
Very overrated.

I dont know what people see in him

The problem with reigns is that he isn't ready to be "The top guy".

He is far from ready.
He isn't goldberg.
He isn't cena or rock or stone cold.

He is a midcarder at best.
He needs more time in the midcard. Let him develop more.

To me reigns isn't talented. Mediocre on the mic. Doesnt have charisma.

Even goldberg spent time in the midcard.

I'm not a reign fan. nor will I ever will be.

Reigns is a midcarder at best.
Very overrated.

I dont know what people see in him

Ok, let's try this from a different angle: Who DO you like and why do you like them. Knowing that will doubtlessly explain your antipathy towards Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back