Why doesnt Shane take Vince McMahons position?

President Evil

Pre-Show Stalwart
This has been mentioned in the forum here and there. But I havent seen a thread made of it to discuss it a bit further.

As a father to son thing I know that Vince would have wanted nothing more than to have his son Shane take care of things after Vince was done being chairman. But Shane seems to be out there trying to "find himself" perhaps seeing if he can become something on his own. Instead of something just being handed to him. I can understand that, because I am that way.

The last time I saw Shane at a big wwe ppv was Wrestlemania 25. It would have been perfect right there for Shane to say "dad, I feel like its time for me to take over" Vince doesnt have too many years left. Plus Shane has wrestling in his blood and does enjoy that kind of product. He's been on hundreds of wwe ppv's for the past 12 years and "gets it" when it comes to this business.

Yes I do understand that I dont expect Shane to ever be 100% owner of the company because Triple H and Steph are taking care of things as well. But it could be 50% - Shane, and 50% -Triple H and Steph. They all get along and I dont see any problem with that.

I just have this feeling that theres something here that we dont know.

Id really like to see Shane back on wwe tv because it would help bring in a new era. Not this stale tired shit we're seeing now.

He doesn't work for the company anymore.

Stephanie has always been the favorite if you believe what you read in magazines and on the internet. She's also got Triple H on her side. Who did Shane have, his mother? Bother seem fairly level headed which means they're totally unqualified to run a wrestling company. Probably.

With all due respect.

Who does Shane have? His father.

One of the first things that must have come across Vince's mind when Shane was born was "this is who is going to take care of my business when I retire" And yes Steph is daddy's little girl, I believe Vince loves them both very much, he could never take sides. I read something here the other day where Shane might be interested in doing something with the UFC, and in my mind Im like "dude, get your butt to the WWE!!" The E can sure use some twists and turns right now.

If my math is correct Shane must be around 40. So he can still join the E in a big role. I think this is just one of those things where the son has been handed everything in life and now that he's a man, he wants to know if he can achieve things on his own.

When Shane was born Vince was still working for his father. He might have had plans to buy WWE, but he hadn't done it yet. When Stephanie was born, well, maybe he just saw more in her. Children often disappoint their parents, especially the male ones.

I've seen no evidence to suggest Shane McMahon is creative, maybe that's why Vince settled on Stephanie. She writes shit TV, but maybe she's the better choice of the two.

I personally dont think that Shane has disappointed his father. At least not in a big way. If you notice Shane and Vince had perfect chemistry on tv. Why would there be a problem between them. I think that Steph is more of the ambitious type, and just walked into Vince's office one day and said "dad I want to start having a bigger role here" Shane looks to be a bit more laid back. I think Shane also wanted to prioritize his time more for his children, and not be some big chairman hotshot and not have anytime for his kids. Its either these reasons or like I mentioned before of Shane just being out there on his own to see what he can achieve without his father's or family influence.

Since there are two sides to the WWE (the business aspect and the show aspect) and there are two of them (Shane and Stephanie) Why not have Shane do what he was doing (business) and Steph do the show side of things. I'm sure that is what they had thought of at some point. That's what Shane was doing for the past several years anyways. If you're thinking of an on screen character, Triple H is more suited for it because he's been in the ring consistently over the past 15 or so years...

I think Triple H is the best choice. He knows how the company works. He should be the man in charge if Vince can get Shane and Stephanie to agree.

I think the original plan was that Stephanie would run the wrestling portion of the operations similar to VInce McMahon and Shane would be the public relations portion of the WWE similar to Linda but with a little more responsibilities. In essence they both would have full control but in different aspects. People seem to believe that Stephanie would be the BIG boss but I don't see it that way. I see it being 50/50 as they both would be best choices at what they do and shouldn't delve into each others role. Being that Shane is no longer with the WWE I see Hunter possibly taking the PR role if Shane didn't want it. Its to be assumed that Shane and Stephanie regardless of hte future will be 100% control of Linda and Vince's shares in the company.

Lets get something straight first..Vince McMahon is nowhere close to being done being the chairman and CEO...hes in his mid 60s and wrestling is in his blood.. If you take a look at what Triple H said in an interview a few years back he said that Vince doesnt see work as work. He ENJOYS working when they go on family vacations he is on his cell phone half of the time..If Vince does not get ill in any way, I can see him owning the company and controlling things till his late 70s...

But in regards 2 Triple H...He will be involved in the business..but he will not be the owner..hes a wrestlers..not a business man..

50 50 never. .. . Ever works. Somebody HAS to be in charge. It would KILL Vinnie Mac for that person not to be named MacMahon.

Here we go with another person whining about today's product. It got old months ago. Yada, yada, yada. Blah, blah, blah. Whether it is Shane or Stepahanie running the show right now, it will still be the same PG stuff going on because guess what? Vince still runs the show.

One of the first things that must have come across Vince's mind when Shane was born was "this is who is going to take care of my business when I retire"

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Make no mistake, a Mcmahon will be running the WWE when Vince retires/dies. Unless Triple H comes up with some crazy plan and takes control of the WWE (which would be great) then either Steph or Minnie Vinnie will take the reigns.

Shane was involved in the WWE for a long time..from the day he was born...over the last year he told his father...you know what, I've been part of this company for a long time...but I have other career goals I wanna go for...

There's nothing wrong with that..he ahs helped Vinnie a lot..Shane has done his bit in WWE...he has put on a great hardcore fights...it's just not what he wanted to do all his life though...it's not like Vince is forcing him...i don't mind is HHH nd Steph take over...i thin it will stitll be good...

I don't think he wants the job is the issue, not why doesn't he do it. He wants to work in the MMA game. Maybe in the future when Vince actually steps down, or more likely, dies, he will return to take on a management role, but I think for the foreseeable future it is a tandem of Stephanie and Triple H that will inherit the power of the company, if not full share. Shane will likely keep his stake, but Steph and HHH will decide what goes down with Triple H likely occupying the on-air evil dictator role and Stephanie being head of creative.

Shane doesn't work for wwe anymore so I think. Most likely person will either be Steph or HHH because they are both the closest people to the McMahon name, HHH because he knows a lot about wrestling and Steph cause she's a McMahon. Shane will not because he has nothing to do with WWE anymore.

Here we go with another person whining about today's product. It got old months ago. Yada, yada, yada. Blah, blah, blah. Whether it is Shane or Stepahanie running the show right now, it will still be the same PG stuff going on because guess what? Vince still runs the show.

+1. Rep this man, except I would fix your post slightly and say that it got old YEARS ago.

Quite frankly, I'm already tired of posting the standard response to OP's post. Every single day, it's the same damn thing.

More and more, I believe that the attitude era today would not work. I'm 30. Most of my friends are my age. I was watching old YouTube clips yesterday with a friend of Austin and the Rock. We were laughing at the Rock playing his guitar and singing that "Cleveland doesn't rock, no it totally sucks" and cutting a funny promo on the hurricane (a promo that probably would have not been funny if you took the word "ass" out of the Rock's mouth). My friend commented that he missed those days. Then I asked him if WWE were the same today as it was then, with the same guys, and new guys, and the same content, would he watch? He answered probably not. I do really believe that if WWE didn't go PG, even less people would be watching than they do right now. I'll always love those days, but that doesn't mean it's right to force that on somebody else who isn't asking for it. Yes, those people exist. Most are under the age of 12.

So, instead of defending the current product, I'm just gonna say OP that wrestling is no longer for you. Just pretend your favorite TV show got canceled and what you'd consider a shitty remake took it's place, one meant for a different audience. Time to find something else to watch, OP. No matter if Vince, Shane, Stephanie, Trips, or whoever was running the company, if they were smart, they'd know they're going to make more money catering to an appropriate audience than catering to you. And you cannot reasonably expect someone in charge of a huge global company to not put their best interests and their future aside and disregard those things because you haven't been able to move on from a product that would be stale today had it continued course.

Most of the people who complain about WWE's product probably got all excited watching TNA last week (and think TNA is the future) because Mr. Anderson said the world asshole on cable television. Watching Mr. Anderson trying to show his "attitude" just confirmed to me how outdated, stale, and uninteresting "attitude" is today, and no good parent is going to let their 8 year old watch Mr. Anderson and his "attitude". Want some "attitude"? Try the UFC, or the NFL, something else. Silly OP, WWE is for kids.

This is, without a doubt, the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Really?

Tell me Einstein, you're not very bright yourself are you.

Having a tough time on the 6th grade?

Shane was good at Public Relations and Stephanie creative/human resources and i belive has more balls than her brother in a figuritive sense ofcourse :).

Anyway it's a mute point, Shane and Linda nolonger want to be aligned with the WWE name, Linda cause she wants to be taken serious in her political endeavors and Shane. Well i think finally he got the shits that Stephanie gets everything and he doesn't like where things in the WWE were headed.

And possibly he wants to be able to spend times with his kids, which obviously Vince would've only spent time with them when they were on set. WWE having a neverending backstage schedule and all.

Really?

Tell me Einstein, you're not very bright yourself are you.

Having a tough time on the 6th grade?

An idiot correcting my intelligence with an illiterate response. That's fresh. Not 1, not 2, but 3 errors in your post, Einstein.

Fact is, I am right with what I posted. Vince does still run the show. Whether or not you choose to accept the truth is not my problem.

I've often wondered why Shane decided to go in his own direction but I think it comes down to just that... Going in HIS OWN direction.

I don't know what it is like to have a very successful family business but I imagine that I wouldn't like to have it handed to me and for my future to already have been decided before I had a chance to explore all of the avenues that are available to me. I imagine, that if I had the money and the spare time that Shane McMahon definitely does, that I would be out having a lot of fun and seeing if something sticks.

Apparently, Shane is very much into Mixed Martial Arts and that is not a far-cry away from WWE, is it? I heard Dana White stating that he had breakfast with Vince and Shane and they were very productive. In fact, Shane had tried to talk Vince into buying the UFC but to no avail. That being said, I think he would like to have a run at that side of things before coming back to the business, which I think he undoubtedly will. Will it be to run the company when Vince decides to call time on his reign? No, probably not. But I could see him coming back to the WWE in some capacity.

I think he definitely gets some income from the WWE still and that the WWE will always be a home for him when he wants to return. In leaving though, I think he robbed himself of an opportunity to be the boss and I've missed his charisma. With that being said though, I completely understand why he has gone out on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back