Why The Rock SUCKS!!

Which scenario do you prefer?

• Scenario 1

• Scenario 2

• Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
You're wrong he doesn't suck.
He's the most successful wrestler of all time.

Rock doesn't need to destroy his body wrestling, get the fuck over it. if john cena could get A list movie roles he'd do the same damn thing make no mistake

the second match was bad because rock got injured, quit whining

this is trolling at its most idiotic. You could have at least offered a more solid premise for your "argument." Instead its just filler for the forum. Like a match at WM that is supposed to be filler but still lets people down.

Come on, If your going to attack The Rock, don't use any of the points you just used. Back to the drawing board. I wouldn't mind if someone could come along and convince the The Rock is overrated.

More pure wrestlecrap from this overrated forum.

but I do like this forum, don't get me wrong.

Now before you pathetic Rock fanboys go crazy at me, hear me out.

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

The Rock is said to be the leading candidate for the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame in California. It's more up to Rock, if he wants it, and how his schedule goes.

This clearly shows that The Rock is retiring next year.

No it doesn't.

No wrestler in history has ever wrestled after he got inducted into the Hall Of Fame, maybe one match max. (ie. Ric Flair, Roddy Piper...)

Piper held a title after he got inducted, meaning he had to have wrestled at least twice: the title win and the loss. Bret wrestled 3 or 4. Hogan and Flair wrestled in TNA, but that's another story I guess.

So let me get this straight, after leaving for 11 years, he comes back, works 2 crappy WM matches with an even crappier wrestler, leaves for 2 years then comes back to retire?

No. After leaving for 7 years full time (in between which he made guest appearances for WWE), he worked a GREAT match with Cena at 28 and a slightly less but still great match with Cena again at 29 that was only marred by an ending no one wanted AND 2 fun matches with Punk, leaves for a year then gets inducted into the HOF like he damn well deserves.

The first one was kind of ok I guess. The second one sucked badly, extremely predictable garbage.

As someone who saw it live, the 28 match was really good; I've never seen a crowd that hot with anticipation, especially for a guy who gassed about 5 minutes before the match ended. 29 was annoying because the ending and too many finishers, but otherwise was a good match.

What is wrong with wrestling ONE match a year for like the next 5 WrestleManias?

The Rock is 41, still young to retire.

IMO the perfect age for retirement is like 46 or something like that, kind of like Shawn Michaels.

But Rock is only wrestling ONE MATCH PER YEAR!!

He can still go after his mid-40s.

If he wanted to, he would, but he has movies to make that don't require tearing his muscles off the bone, so he won't.

Is it really THAT Impossible for him to not show up at WrestleMania?

He has a life, dude. He's not obligated to come work for you.

Scenario 1:

They can have the tag team champs / young talents attack Roman Reigns every week on RAW.

Then Triple H or the RAW GM (they still do that?) can announce those two wrestlers will face roman reigns and a Mystery Opponent , an opponent of his choosing for the tag titles.

That opponent (the rock) appears on RAW before WM or at WM.

For the next upcoming weeks, Rock doesn't show up on raws, roman reigns ends up defending the tag titles alone, he loses the tag titles.
Rock shows up the next week after roman loses the tag titles and roman reigns beat him up badly keeping him off tv for the next road to wrestlemania where they will do ROCK VS REIGNS.

That would be a reigns heel turn or something. He cuts a promo the next week saying Rock became a big hot shot or something and doesn't care about his samoan family anymore.

That would be an epic storyline because:
-It would keep Rock off the main event scene.
-The two tag champs / young talents wrestling The Rock would benefit their career.
-Rock doesn't have to show up a lot nor wrestle a lot.

We'd all love a Reigns/Rock match, but doing it like this is quite a mess because:

1. Rock not showing up and putting Reigns in a spot would make HIM the heel, not Roman (which I don't mind because I love heel Rock, but you want heel Roman this way?)

2. Why can't Rock/Reigns be a main event match? It will be anyway because Rock's name is on it (i.e. Survivor Series 2010)

3. Rock wrestled Truth and Miz too, and look where they are at. It's not a guaranteed rub.

Scenario 2:

CM Punk can become the WWE champ by next year (WM31). Bryan wins the rumble. Rock invokes his rematch clause.

The Rock vs CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan would be a GREAT IDEA.

Rock doesn't have to be there every week, bryan and punk can get that covered.

Rock is a HUGE draw.

WM25 and WM26 didn't get over 1 million buyrates. The Rock comes back for the next 3 WMs, they all get over 1 million buyrates.

Punk and Bryan can't main event because they're not WM draws but The Rock is.

Both Punk and Bryan would main event WrestleMania and The Rock being there would draw big WM buyrate.

During the match, Bryan and Punk can put the big jabroni through the announce table and wrestle for like 20 minutes in the ring.

The big jabroni rests most of the match and comes back the last 5 minutes.

Better idea. This could work. But let's be real: Punk's probably not coming back for a good while.

If Rock retires and goes into the HOF next year that would be the biggest joke ever.

As a guy who attended every wrestlemania the last couple of years, I would be glad to go to the HOF next year and boo the big jabroni.

ROCKY SUCKS!

Rock going into the Hall of Fame is a joke? Really? Rock is the greatest superstar WWE HAS EVER HAD. Sure, you could argue with me that Shawn wrestled better, or Austin wrestled longer or Taker has more investment in the overall WWE storybooks, but no one has been so over and had such classic matched (vs. Angle and Taker Triple Threat; All 3 WM Matches vs. Austin; vs. Hogan WM18; giving Foley his first world title; etc. all in 6/7 years) in such short time, and the fact that he went on to be the biggest crossover success just adds to that. He deserves it more than anyone at this point sans maybe Savage and Owen.

If you really attended the last 3 Manias, you should appreciate the fact that he was the selling point of all of them and cheer his induction.

This is ridiculous.. The Rock is a Hollywood actor now, you guys are lucky he shows up at all. The Rock never had to come back in the first place, now that he did, you expect him every year.. He should retire and focus more on acting, that's his job now.

In conclusion:

If Rock retires and goes into the HOF next year that would be the biggest joke ever.

As a guy who attended every wrestlemania the last couple of years, I would be glad to go to the HOF next year and boo the big jabroni.

ROCKY SUCKS!

If The Rock never stepped foot in a ring after 2004, he still would be more than deserving of a HOF induction.

One of the best on the mic (up there with Flair and Austin) and kept the WWE in business along with Austin in the late 90's.

Who are you to say that he's not worthy of an induction because he doesn't feel like putting his body on the line anymore? He didn't even have to come back for the past few years. Certainly doesn't need the paycheck; certainly doesn't need the ego boost; certainly isn't starved for fame. He literally is EVERYWHERE (A-List Blockbuster movies; his own TNT reality show; etc.) . . . like I'd be willing to say more casual people on the street who don't even watch wrestling know who he is than those who knew of Hogan in the 80's. Dude is a legitimate Hollywood star without wrestling. You think he came back for money? His ego? No dude came back because he wanted to give the fans a last run or two. And that's what he did; didn't even have to do that.

He came back, put over Cena, gave us a few more promos and that's that. I have no interest in seeing his legacy ****ed out over the next couple of years like Flair's and Hogan's has. A Rock and Brock program next year would be cool, and when Roman Reigns is a legit main event player, a Rock/Roman program would be cool but other than that? FIVE more Wrestlemanias? Nah man that's overkill.

How about a poll option for "neither".

The Rock doesn't suck. He never has.
I was never a big fan of mid-99 to 2001 The Rock where he became more of a generic two liner babyface. But there's no arguing that this is when he was at his most popular status.

My preference was always 1998- early 1999 Rock... big sideburns, sunglasses, Don Cherry-esque shirts, corporate champion, The Rock. This was his most entertaining work, in my opinion, and to his credit he was able to turn this character into one of, if not the most, charismatic character in WWE history.

So anything he's done from 2012 onwards is irrelevant. He's a Hall of Famer regardless of WM27, 28, 29.. or any future WM he works. He doesn't owe anything to the business, in fact, the business probably owes him at this point, considering how popular was at his peak, and how popular he has remained at a mainstream level.

The Rock doesn't suck, and if he wants to retire and be honoured into the HHOF, it's well within his rights.

One and only GOAT, mah ears is on. Let's hear what you have for us!

The Rock is said to be the leading candidate for the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame in California. It's more up to Rock, if he wants it, and how his schedule goes.

So let me get this straight, after leaving for 11 years, he comes back, works 2 crappy WM matches with an even crappier wrestler, leaves for 2 years then comes back to retire?

Obviously you think that your own personal interpretation of pro-wrestler retirement etiquette has been violated, and for this reason The Rock's polls are slipping with your demographic.

I've seen Terry Funk wrestle three "retirement" matches in my lifetime, Ric Flair competed in TNA after "retiring" from pro-wrestling. You don't officially retire from pro-wrestling until you're dead, the HOF isn't a retirement package.

The first one was kind of ok I guess. The second one sucked badly, extremely predictable garbage.

"Passing the torch" to a guy who had the torch for about a decade lol.

Oh I know, laugh out loud indeed sir. Why I was even banging my head with a three hole punch to endure enough mental trauma to relate to your brand of humor, and I realized I lacked the mental capacity to abbreviate as much. You're obviously an incredibly talented person to be able to abbreviate your laughing out loud so fucking eloquently, thus making you an ideal candidate to declare in as much detail as you're capable how badly a pro-wrestling match sucked.

IMO the perfect age for retirement is like 46 or something like that, kind of like Shawn Michaels.

I don't know what crappy online university gave you a medical degree. I'm sure that your thesis on appropriate retirement age and how it corresponds with a given schedule of performances is being considered for a fucking Pulitzer as I type this criticism, until that happens I'll just assume that you're a fucking moron.

The straw-man argument you're making against "pathetic Rock fanboys" is that they're wrongly in support of his alleged retirement due to their belief that 41 is too old to be wrestling if he's only wrestled once a year. I don't know where to begin with how FUCKING STUPID you are. It would be damn polite to just classify your statements as fallacious and move on. You're not here to criticize Rock or any of his "fanboys", you're here to vent your bullshit in hopes that a few low-brow fans of the Rock will take the bait and validate your sense of self-worth.

I gave you a down vote to your rep a long time ago. Everytime you post, I'm reminded of how wise I was to do that.

I don't like The Rock, I honestly never liked him. I can honestly say that every point you've made compounds the mass amount of irony that's evident when you close with "biggest joke ever".

As a guy who will be at the next HOF, I will slap the shit out of you if you're sitting near me.

There isnt a rule saying he cant wrestle after being inducted. I know that if he wanted to Vince would have no problem finding a match for him.

Problem is, he just may not want to. Why would he? He can very easily just pop in whenever & do some backstage stuff or get a mic to put someone over. Why risk injury & loss of movie deals just to be inserted in to some random match. He came back & got the strap for a reason- He likely decided to hang the boots up for good. Maybe down the line when his movie career slows, that would be another thing. As for now it seems he is making the best choice.

HOF ring is next & likely last on his list of things to accomplish in wrestling. He has done it all & does not need to put his new career on the line for nothing.

The rock gets paid millions a year staring in movies he comes back part time for 2 years and get injured pretty bad which pissed people off as he had commitments outside of WWE for film releases etc . So yes he could still wrestle but doing so could damage his Acting career and being as The Rock is seen a a relatively big deal in Hollywood now its not worth risking it .

Yes he said he come back for the fans etc and i do understand the WM match's were sub par but the only reason he come back to WWE is to satisfy the fans and maybe his own itch to get back into the ring

The Rock should retire and should headline HOF 2015 he can still show up and cut a promo and rock bottom someone similar to what HBK and Hogan have done in the past but as a in ring performer NO he has not got the time to make a feud worth while he has to risk injury which could cost him millions . ( If he needs to be at a premier for a movie but cant because injured )

I don't mind the part time wrestlers Batista, RVD, Y2J, Underdaker, Brock as long as they have the time to build a good feud and end with a good match

Okay I hate defending rock but here we go. The Rock said he was considering, and it's up to him. That doesn't mean that the Rock is retiring, just means that the WWE is considering.

No wrestler in history has ever wrestled after he got inducted into the Hall Of Fame, maybe one match max. (ie. Ric Flair, Roddy Piper...)

Yawn, and your point is?

Well yeah the WM matches did kind of suck imo but calling Cena a crappy wrestler because the Rock got winded walking to the ring is kind of ridiculous. Cena can put on good matches with anyone, and great matches with a majority of people. Cena's great no match how much of a "Cena Hater" you are.

The second one was better actually. They played off the first match, used descent ring psychology, and good overall work. They made it look like both men studied each other for a whole year.

Didn't you once say that Wrestlemania is about giving people dream matches more than it is about "passing the torch or putting people over?" Or is that only when it suits your argument.

What is wrong with wrestling ONE match a year for like the next 5 WrestleManias?
Well he could get injured, break his neck, die. It's unlikely but it's still possible.

The Rock isn't retiring, he's still going to be an entertainer, and he's still going to be working.

But it's a bigger risk for Rock considering he's no where near in the "in-ring" condition that HBK was in. Not many men put up 5 star matches at 46. And even with me being a "Rock Hater" I want to remember him for when he was entertaining, not when he's 46 needing to break five time on his way down the aisle because he can't breath.

Sure, if you want to complain about the next five matches he has sure and to watch him put on crap performances and possibly get hurt.

There are plenty options for him at WrestleMania if he can't show up that much:
It is if he's working on a movie that he's being paid tens of millions of dollars, and has other commitments.

Scenario 1:

They can have the tag team champs / young talents attack Roman Reigns every week on RAW.

Then Triple H or the RAW GM (they still do that?) can announce those two wrestlers will face roman reigns and a Mystery Opponent , an opponent of his choosing for the tag titles.

For the next upcoming weeks, Rock doesn't show up on raws, roman reigns ends up defending the tag titles alone, he loses the tag titles.
Rock shows up the next week after roman loses the tag titles and roman reigns beat him up badly keeping him off tv for the next road to wrestlemania where they will do ROCK VS REIGNS.

That would be a reigns heel turn or something. He cuts a promo the next week saying Rock became a big hot shot or something and doesn't care about his samoan family anymore.

-The two tag champs / young talents wrestling The Rock would benefit their career.
But it might not benefit the Rock. The Rock isn't a normal guy, a wrestlemania paycheck is a Tuesday for Dwayne. Why risk your health, your happiness, and everything else for something that isn't BIG and BOLD. And Reigns vs Rock no matter how you spin it isn't big and bold. It won't help his legacy.

Scenario 2:

CM Punk can become the WWE champ by next year (WM31). Bryan wins the rumble. Rock invokes his rematch clause.

Rock is a HUGE draw.

WM25 and WM26 didn't get over 1 million buyrates. The Rock comes back for the next 3 WMs, they all get over 1 million buyrates.

Both Punk and Bryan would main event WrestleMania and The Rock being there would draw big WM buyrate.

During the match, Bryan and Punk can put the big jabroni through the announce table and wrestle for like 20 minutes in the ring.

So the Rock is going to do a table spot at Wrestlemania so he can lay there and look like a bum while the other two have a classic without him. Again I don't see where it benefits the Rock.

In conclusion:

Give it a rest Pete Rose is in the HOF, JYD is in the HOF, and the Rock being in their would be the biggest joke? I hope you're just trying to get a response.

That's okay, I'm sure no one will hear you over the clapping and cheering anyways.

And Reigns vs Rock no matter how you spin it isn't big and bold. It won't help his legacy.

So the Rock is going to do a table spot at Wrestlemania so he can lay there and look like a bum while the other two have a classic without him. Again I don't see where it benefits the Rock.

Reigns vs Rock won't be special? Reigns is 28 years old and got a very bright future ahead of him.

It won't help his legacy?

Facing probably the two best wrestlers in the world and having arguably the match of the year won't help his legacy? Hmm ok.

Reigns vs Rock won't be special? Reigns is 28 years old and got a very bright future ahead of him.

It won't help his legacy?

Facing probably the two best wrestlers in the world and having arguably the match of the year won't help his legacy? Hmm ok.

What has the Rock shown you to make you believe he can be in the moty this year. Reigns can't carry Rock like Cena and Punk could and you admitted those matches weren't anything special.

Secondly, it does NOTHING for the Rock, and you think the Rocks going to come back to have a midcard match against Reigns? I think that's a bit ambitious. And to think that it's going to be MOTY is beyond ambitious. The Rock can't go anymore, he gets tired looking at a wrestling ring. No, I don't think that The Rock vs Reigns would be special. I think it would be boring, a lousy match and Rock would look like crap. The only person Mister Out of Breath himself could have a really good match with at the moment is Taker, and that's just because Taker could carry rock for 20 mins minimal.

The Rocks sucks?

Gimme me a break. I dont even like The Rock, but saying he sucks is all over and total shit. It's not true.

CM Punk sucks, and he's hate to The Rock is ridicilous.

There are plenty options for him at WrestleMania if he can't show up that much:

Scenario 1:

The-Rock-and-Roman-Reigns-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-34573037-532-734.jpg

Scenario 2:

Rock is a HUGE draw.

The-Rock-Cm-Punk-and-Daniel-Bryan-segment-wwe-31608400-642-361.jpg

In conclusion:

ROCKY SUCKS!

actually Hogan, Flair, Foley have all wrestled multiple matches since their inductions into the HOF. And they are far from the only ones. Pretty much everyone (before they died) has been having matches. Maybe not for wwe but on the indies but they have all continued wrestling. And also, let's be honest, he's already in semi retirement any way, so having a ceremony or announcment of permanent retirement is ridiculous.

I hate Rock to, but he was one of the biggest stars in the attitude era, he said his movie BS (yes BS, his movies suck) is going to take up to much time. Chances are he is at next years WM so whatever right?He might even go into the HOF next year. So what if he wrestles another WM after that?? He'll completely retire when he wants to (given he might as well be retired by this point) and not just because of a HOF induction ceremony....

As far as his next feud goes, Brock vs Rock would probably be the way to go, unless he was to take a crack at the old streak (if taker is still around). Other then those 2, him taking on HHH would be the only other appropriate match up as far as opponents go, he doesn't need to go over young guys, and I'm not sure anyone would be up to the challenge with the exception of (maybe) roman reigns. Reigns could put up a good fight, he's the only young guy I could see beating him.

What has the Rock shown you to make you believe he can be in the moty this year. Reigns can't carry Rock like Cena and Punk could and you admitted those matches weren't anything special.

Secondly, it does NOTHING for the Rock, and you think the Rocks going to come back to have a midcard match against Reigns? I think that's a bit ambitious. And to think that it's going to be MOTY is beyond ambitious. The Rock can't go anymore, he gets tired looking at a wrestling ring. No, I don't think that The Rock vs Reigns would be special. I think it would be boring, a lousy match and Rock would look like crap. The only person Mister Out of Breath himself could have a really good match with at the moment is Taker, and that's just because Taker could carry rock for 20 mins minimal.

Lmao.

Taker got carried by punk badly at WM29.

The only two wrestlers who could have a great match with Rock are bryan and brock.

And I was talking about Rock vs Bryan vs Punk being MOTY which, if it happened, could definitely be match of the year and one of the greatest triple threat matches ever.

Lmao.

Taker got carried by punk badly at WM29.

The only two wrestlers who could have a great match with Rock are bryan and brock.

And I was talking about Rock vs Bryan vs Punk being MOTY which, if it happened, could definitely be match of the year and one of the greatest triple threat matches ever.

The storytelling that taker has now is great, you want to disagree you can but it's just absolute truth, and this is coming from a person who never really liked Taker at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back