Will we ever see Jeff Hardy in a WWE ring again?

kenobi5

Dark Match Jobber
so with Jeff now with TNA, getting his TNA merchandise out there and having himself a party of a time the question is do you ever see him back in a WWE ring again?

With the rumours (believe them or not) about a verbal agreement to return to WWE that clearly didnt happen, his rumoured run in with the wellness policy and the pending court stuff is this a bridge too far for Vince to take the man that soared to the top of WWE in 2009 back?

The return obviously wont happen anytime soon depending on hos TNA contract but after that what do you think will happen?

this isnt asking if WWE need Jeff Hardy because we all know the answer to that (its yes by the way, and not just for the wrestling, the almighty $), its asking if you think he will ever wrestle in the WWE again?

Personally, i can see him returning, why? because he is JEFF HARDY and thats all there is to it.

No. And I hope it stays that way.

I don't see what the big deal is about him. I've never been a fan of his. Yes he's a risk taker, but there are plenty of those. He sucks on the mic and his matches are decent at best. He's too big of a risk to bring back. He obviously has an issue with drugs and after his latest development, why bring him back. They have plenty of talent right now there would be no need to bring him back. Nor would I want to see him again. Just my opinion.

so with Jeff now with TNA, getting his TNA merchandise out there and having himself a party of a time the question is do you ever see him back in a WWE ring again?

With the rumours (believe them or not) about a verbal agreement to return to WWE that clearly didnt happen, his rumoured run in with the wellness policy and the pending court stuff is this a bridge too far for Vince to take the man that soared to the top of WWE in 2009 back?

The return obviously wont happen anytime soon depending on hos TNA contract but after that what do you think will happen?

this isnt asking if WWE need Jeff Hardy because we all know the answer to that (its yes by the way, and not just for the wrestling, the almighty $), its asking if you think he will ever wrestle in the WWE again?

Personally, i can see him returning, why? because he is JEFF HARDY and thats all there is to it.

That is not a valid point. Sure, we all know that Vince loves his money, but we also know that Vince loves to hold grudges. You can't really claim that WWE needs Jeff back for "the almighty $" because truth be told, people like Jeff Hardy will come and go. There are other people like John Cena and Rey Mysterio who can fill that spot. He might sell a lot of merchandise, but if he really did back out of a verbal agreement with the WWE, then Jeff Hardy will NEVER be in a WWE ring again.

It depends, I don't think he will. It depends on how long he stays with TNA. If he stays 5 or so years than no because by then he would have lost some of his stuff and will probably be a big star in TNA and selling a lot of merchandise, but if he stays for 2 or so years maybe. I think it also depends on his trial. If he is totally done with his legal issues there is a chance but if he still haves problems with it then it is very unlikely.

I am not too sure about this one. I for one am a BIG Jeff Hardy mark, and was looking forward of him returning for one more world title run and even taking out Punk, and possibly teaming again with Matt to bring some credit to the Unified Championships, but with him having this "verbal agreement" with WWE and him joining TNA I don't see him returning anytime soon, we all know how Vince McMahon is about people jumping ships to TNA, with Jeff in TNA it should hopefully boost the ratings for them in the next few months if he gets a title run with maybe the X-Division championship, but other then that I don't see him in WWE anytime soon.

Does any1 know for sure that there was even a verbal agreement cos im sure i heard somehwere that this was just a rumour and there never actually was an agreement. I think as it is now Vince wud be happy for Jeff not to be in wwe as he goes thru his court case as vince wud hate any bad press like this. Vince has proven in the past however that some bridges cannot be burnt i mean look at him gettin the hitman back in these days after 12 years so i reckon in 3/4 years time dont be surprised if hardy is back in the wwe tho id say it wud be more his decision than vinces. I just hope that with hardy and rvd in tna that it actually does lead to an even wrestling war.

the verbal agreement that the wwe said jeff hardy gave to them was all a bunch of bull, the wwe even quoted said they were suprised that jeff hardy appeared on the january 4th impact bc they wanted him back. jeff hardys myspace or twitter or something said that there never was an agreement with wwe made verbal or otherwise. jeff hardy left bc of legal troubles and tna signed him bc they believe he will help them along with rvd who wwe also tried hard to keep but lost. right now yeah wwe has the advantage over my tna in ratings i give them that, i was also a long time wwe fan bak in the attitude era but after wcw got bought out the wwe bored me. the matches were always predictable, the storylines put me to sleep, and my fav wwe wrestler the undertaker only fought like once a month if that and even he isnt as good as he use to be bc he is what almost 60? wwe is the giant right now and yeah i have watched every impact for the past 2 years and while their is some great ideas they do have some bad ideas but wwe fans cant say that wwe has no bad ideas either. tna is a work in progress and im thrilled to see some of the younger talent shine and omg elijah burke was in wwe and they couldnt do anything with him, he comes to tna as the pope diangelo dinero and he is a huge addition to tna as is desmond wolfe and mr anderson. the talent is there in tna and if you just watch one or two segments or one or two shows or go here to wrestlezone, which is clearly a wwe based site, you would think tna isnt that good. i challenge wwe fans to watch tna for a year and then talk trash about it if it doesnt excite you. like i said for 15 years i followed wwe faithfully and now i cant stand to watch it bc it bores me now. tna is the future of wrestling and in the next 10 years it will be better than wcw ecw and wwe combined.

I really, really dont see Jeff coming back to the E. This guy had his 3 strikes already. This guy, has ticked off Vince in every way there is possible.

He's been suspended a couple of times for drugs, given several opportunities to come back and redeem himself, went to the competition TWICE, was awarded both the WWE Championship and World Title in just under a year. Theres nothing more Vince/E could have done for this guy. He's a wellness policy nightmare.

not sure bout any 'verbal agreement' but i wouldn't be too surprised to see Jeff back in a WWE ring, his drawing power alone puts bums on seats, shifts a shiteload of merch, goes down well with the younger viewers and is exciting enough to give the older viewers something to shout 'OMFG' at! and db82's point about Bret Hart is a good one, 12 years since he wos last in the WWE and here he is, fighting Vince at WM, or Christian, as such a massive hit in TNA with championships and titles and a MASSIVE following, yet he comes back and handed the ECW strap, longest title reign in the WWE and now in the MITB match...

Jeff has had issues, but that just makes him an everyman, not a clean nosed uberface. i would assume Jeff's gonna have a successful run in TNA but who knows what's gonna happen with the monday night war... wouldn''t hold my breath but Jeff in a WWE ring again? i think so, eventually, but i want to see him feud with AJ, remember a match from ages ago where he went for ages with AJ and put on one hell of a show. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lScPvBHZNak). so Jeff backin the WWE, at some point, but let him run around doing crazy shit for TNA first!

First of all, WWE doesn't need anyone, I hate to burst your bubble. I am a Jeff Hardy mark, but to think that the monster WWE needs anyone is nuts. There are very few guys who were absolutely needed during their prime (Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin come to mind), and Jeff Hardy isn't one of them. As much as I like Jeff, it would be a lot easier for WWE to create "another" Jeff Hardy than say a new Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin. Jeff was great for what he was, but he was no wrestling God.

Do I think it's possible he might return to WWE someday? Sure. After watching Bret Hart walk onto the Raw set on January 4th, I don't think anything is a lock anymore. I would have NEVER guessed he would come back. But he did.

If Jeff were to come back, it would be a ways down the road. WWE wouldn't deal with the guy until all of his legal troubles were over, that's a guarantee. No wrestler is worth that kind of press. Pro wrestling has a bad enough image when it comes to different kinds of drugs, and this wouldn't help that public opinion. But if Jeff can get everything cleared up legally, I don't see why a clean and sober Jeff Hardy can't make another fun on WWE tv.

Do I think it will happen? I'm about 50/50. But after watching the Hitman on January 4th, I will never say never again when it pertains to the return of a superstar on WWE programming.

How old is Jeff now, like 32?

He needs to grow up and be a MAN.

Either:

1) Take the profession of wrestling SERIOUSLY and quit the freakin drugs and stay true to just one brand.

Or

2) Quit wrestling for good and then go and do whatever it is he likes.

He cant have it both ways. You cant be a top notch clear minded wrestler by day, and a party druggie by night. It doesnt work that way.

He needs to step aside and let the next batch of clear, sober, good intentioned wrestlers have their day in the sun.

And he needs to stop wasting everyone else's time.

It seems Jeff Hardy's got that John Cena thing going on in that the majority of men seem to be hating him these days while the children and women go crazy. I guess there are worst people to be likened to than the WWE's face, but hey. I'm not a big fan but I don't dislike him either. I think he brought something to the table and worked well with anybody he was put with. I didn't really buy him as the champion but I did enjoy almost all of his feuds.

With that bit of admin out of the way 'Will we ever see Jeff Hardy in a WWE ring again?'

It seems a long-shot now he's done this to them TWICE. Of the people that have jumped to TNA and either come back or thought about returning to the WWE there aren't many that are welcomed with open arms. All would be forgiven for Kurt Angle, because he's Kurt freakin' Angle. But Christian has been serving his punishment on ECW and he did the right thing; he kept his head down and he did what they asked and it has paid off. Gail Kim hasn't received a fraction of the push she got in her first run. They were reportedly only half interested in Team 3D and Jesse James (not even considering Billy Gunn). Kevin Nash gets special treatment because he's still tight with Vince. Jeff Hardy was up and down when he first returned from TNA. He got to do big things on his return night but then he was under the radar for a while.

But for a talent to earn the WWE's trust back and then jump-ship AGAIN is almost unthinkable. I think it's akin to a talent getting three-strikes on the wellness policy in that they almost couldn't take him back even if they wanted him. It's somewhat disrespectful by Jeff in the same way it was disrespectful by Kurt to lie to the company. I don't begrudge him wishing to leave because they were working him to death but I still think it was a bit shady to pretend he was going home so they'd release him no questions asked (I don't remember, was it less than 90 days before he joined TNA?).

Allegedly WWE still wanted him to come back after that first appearance on January 4th which I find staggering, but it was perhaps more about taking him away from TNA than wanting him back.

My gut instinct would be that Jeff has burned his last bridge and he needed to think seriously about his actions before he signed with TNA as it was likely the company he will be working with for the rest of his career. I'm sure it suits him fine because he enjoyed being there until he ran short on money, but in terms of a legacy he's found himself in a strange place. He may also have hurt Fat Hardy's chances of doing anything productive ever again so it wouldn't surprise me to see the entire Carolina Crew united in TNA as a faction.

There is a possibility that, like with Kurt, he gets welcomed back for one last Wrestlemania deal and a chance at the Hall of Fame, but as a regular active competitor? I wouldn't bet on it.

I think eventually Jeff will come back to WWE. His contract will come up next year, and assuming his legal troubles are behind him, WWE will most definately out bid TNA for him. Now, the question remains if Jeff's heart is REALLY in pro wrestling, which I don't believe it is. He can't focus on a career because he can't grow up. I don't see him coming back as long as he is still using. It would be a mistake for WWE to bring him back if that is the case, only because of the bad press it could bring if he gets busted again. I like Jeff Hardy, but as another poster said it is much easier to create another Jeff Hardy character than it is to deal with bringing him back. So in the near future I don't see him coming back.

I think he is not comming back.Mcmahon is not going to forget this one....But still,it was the WWE that didnt want to keep him because of the policy,so deal with it :D

Jeff Hardy is a free spirit. He's not about the money or anything. he goes where life takes him. I think jeff will be a guy who will have a legacy in and out of tna and wwe. he doesn't want all his eggs in the wwe basket. he'll spread them out. Hell, he's the type that could even wrestle for ring of honor and comeback to wwe. To answer, I think if he gets tired of TNA, then he will comeback to the wwe and they'll accept him with open arms.

No. And I hope it stays that way.

I don't see what the big deal is about him. I've never been a fan of his. Yes he's a risk taker, but there are plenty of those. He sucks on the mic and his matches are decent at best. He's too big of a risk to bring back. He obviously has an issue with drugs and after his latest development, why bring him back. They have plenty of talent right now there would be no need to bring him back. Nor would I want to see him again. Just my opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself, actually I think I would have been a little more harsh. Granted I was happy to see him get his day as champ out of purse sacrifice to get there, but home slice is stale.

I never saw a champion in him. Sure he was a risk taker and gave good TLC matches, but his singles matches were weak.

I think he may hve burned too many bridges this time and is quite honestly not going to be looked at again. The kid has made issues outside the ring and now he pulls this on top is just icing on the cake.

Personally I am glad - give someone else who actually deserves it the run at the top. He got his fill, ouldn't handle it and ran like a punk bitch. Peace out - try not to hit your head on the ceiling of the over sized universal studios garage they call the impact zone.

Some people on here seem to be really attacking jeff hardy and his lifestyle choices and sayin thats why vince wont want him back again but i think theyre forgetting that wrestling isnt a competitive sport and that the wellness programme is more for public relations than anything. Hasnt randy orton broken it twice so hed be in trouble if he broke it again but i dont think that would necessarily burn the bridge for him permanently. Hell the list of people on wwe's roster now who have broken the policy would probably fill up a thread of its own. I personally think that vince would take more offence to public attacks on him in the press than anything thats purely a lifestyle choice. Hardy has never had a bad word about his time in wwe in the press and if you look over the last 20 years the only people who seem to be on vinces 's'hitlist are people like ultimate warrior and randy savage tho reports i read on here even suggest warrior was approached for the hall of fame this year so even then i think its hard to permanently burn a bridge as far as world wrestling ENTERTAINMENT goes.

NO not at all. WWE doesn't need Jeff any more, Vince has alot of pride and I'm dam sure that Vince will not offer anything to Jeff any more. I'm a big fan of Jeff, But I will not like to see him back in the WWE. Also WWE has alot of upcoming future star, so they really don't need Jeff Hardy any more.

Jeff Hardy has alot of problems going on right now, I clearly don't belive that there was a verbal agreement for him to make a return to the company. He was on top of the food chain last year, But I guess that he made a big mistake. IMO he should of just stay in WWE.

Like I said and I'll say it again, Vince has alot of pride so no. Specially now that Jeff is having drug problems.

I don't know why Vince would want to bring him back. Personally, I thought he was only good as a tag partner with his brother. It always felt like his singles matches were missing something when he wrassled. I have never been compelled or hooked on watching him.

To answer, I think if he gets tired of TNA, then he will comeback to the wwe and they'll accept him with open arms.

Privately, I think Vince McMahon would be happy to see Jeff Hardy sitting in a 10 x 10 jail cell for his drug crimes. Not only for his disloyalty to WWE, but for the fact that a prison sentence would keep him away from TNA.

This is the good and bad about competition. It's good that an employee has a choice of places to work and can negotiate the best deal for himself by playing one employer against the other. But it's bad because it allows ingrates like Jeff to double-cross an employer that has treated him well.

So, if Jeff is someday ever kicked out of TNA, I think McMahon might not take him back. But if he deems that TNA is a stronger company because Jeff is there, Vince might re-hire him......if only to weaken TNA.

unprofessional drug addicts who were pushed to stardom and messed up have no place in the wwe...Jeff should count his blessings and stay in tna where they dont care to drug test their employees...probably because they dont value their employees' health...who knows...anyway...Hardy dropped the ball on MANY occassions in the WWE...after the money and time they invested in his persona...he has no place and there are many more loyal wrestlers more deserving of success in the WWE than hardy...

So long as he keeps drawing and the WWE has semi-credible competition, he could be killing kittens in the middle of the ring and WWE would hire him. Professional wrestling isn't around to provide good morals to kids, it's around to make people money. It's not about who deserves anything, beyond who deserves an opportunity to prove they can make more money.

I'll be interested in seeing what happens on the human resources side of WWE should they be forced to recognize TNA as a serious threat. I'm all but positive the Wellness Policy will be trimmed; gradually and in a very quiet fashion.

unprofessional drug addicts who were pushed to stardom and messed up have no place in the wwe...Jeff should count his blessings and stay in tna where they dont care to drug test their employees...probably because they dont value their employees' health...who knows...anyway...Hardy dropped the ball on MANY occassions in the WWE...after the money and time they invested in his persona...he has no place and there are many more loyal wrestlers more deserving of success in the WWE than hardy...

Also i find it ironic that u say this and have benoit as your profile photo. Lets not forget that Vince encouraged drug use in the 80s-90s even in his main money making star hulk hogan. Also as i said earlier the list of current employess that have failed the wellness policy at least once is pretty damn long and includes orton who most people would say has the safest job in the company these days.

I respect Jeff Hardy's in-ring work. He has come a long way since debuting with his brother and Michael Hayes in the E in the late 90's.

But Jeff has proven to be an unstable, unreliable, unpredictable person.

Hell if I had a wrestling company or any company at all I wouldnt feel comfortable hiring him.

The LAST thing the E needs is to have this guy on their brand again and for him to die of a drug overdose. Or get several years of jail for possession. The E is doing its best to carry a safe environment, and also with Linda's senate run they have to take things nice and easy.

The E learned their lesson after Eddie Guerrero's, Benoit, Pillman, and Henning's death. Just to name a few.

Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey wrestler that has always been sloppy in the ring, hasn't had his head in the game, made poor personal decisions, and has always been weak on the mic.

He was popular, sure, but not so popular that it outweighs the fact that he is a PR nightmare and incredibly fickle about what he wants to be doing.

Is it possible that the WWE would take him back? Sure. But honestly, they don't need to and it would be a good message for them not to do so. The WWE should reward greatness in all aspects of the wrestling business, and not just having the ability to jump off things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back