With Cena gone, will Cryme Time fade away again?

mcflyboy

Pre-Show Stalwart
I apologize if there were any posts about this topic elsewhere that I missed. But I thought I'd post just to hear some thoughts. Apparently Cena is going to be out for a while, which means the alliance between Cena and CT is going to have to be shelved. So what do you think will happen to CT? Will they be able to capitalize on the recent push, or without Cena to back them up, will they vanish into obscurity again?

I'm not a big CT fan to be honest...I think their gimmick is lame and annoying. I truly think they need a better gimmick soon to have any real staying power, but unfortunately, there's nothing for them to do right now except feud with priceless.

So any thoughts, predictions? Will they be able to stay in the tag team spotlight (whatever that means at this point), or change their gimmicks, or are they destined to follow the path of the highlanders since they won't have cena's coattails to ride on?

I don't think they really got much from the CTC push anyways. Yes they got to hang out with Cena, and appear in the mainevent a few times, but the "stable" really never came to terms. Cryme Time will be able to substain their push for a while since they are only 1 of 2 tag teams in the tag division, meaning they will be in the titl picture for a while. So I don't think Cena's exit will be too devastating to Cryme Time.

i hope they keep there push...i was waiting for the wwe to put john cena with a group like cryme time and how the can become a stable when cena comes back

To be honest, the past couple of weeks Cena and Cryme Tyme haven't been together. I think that was just for those 6 man Tag matches. At most it was probably a little grouping for a short time. Cryme Tyme will stay in the tag title picture because there are no other teams to feud with Priceless. They will win the tag belts eventually and keep on fighting Priceless until another team finally steps up. So no, Cena being hurt won't affect Cryme Tyme.

I def agree with everyone saying that Cryme Tyme wont be hurt by cena's injury. Shad and JTG are more over than most in the WWE they will get the straps. I think their gimmick is funny. But like i said in a couple of my other posts (i know i dont have many yet lol) i just want them to put some time and effort into the CrymeTyme/Priceless feud. Help build back up the tag team division in the wwe.

John Cena didn't do anything to help Cryme Tyme, he only ruined their credibility somewhat. Street thugs spray painting "JBL is poopy"? Gimme a break.

But they're pretty much the only tag team on Raw now, and I've always liked the guys. They're very underrated as actual wrestlers, and I get pretty pissed each time I read that they're "just comic relief." They've barely had a decent length regular tag match though, so I guess they pretty much look like a joke team right now, so can't blame you for that. I really like their feud with DiBiase & Rhodes, as both teams are pretty much as opposite as you can get. I don't want them to go over DiBiase & Rhodes for the tag team championships, but they could have a couple of non-title wins to rebuild them as actual wrestlers.

I think they will keep their pushes. That is pretty much guaranteed since there are no other tag teams on the roster. Brian Kendrick and Paul London have been broken up, the Highlanders are gone, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch have been broken up, who else is there to go for the titles besides Cryme Tyme? I don't like their gimmick either and it makes me wonder why white people would laugh and cheer when JTG calls someone a "silly white boy" when he's all the way up in the cheap seats... I would be mad as hell if I was white. Also I wonder how Cryme Tyme are faces and they steal shit and kids love them for it. Cena can't ruin anyone's credibility though, Cena would kill JTG with one punch... there are two people I would never want to piss off in my life, The Great Khali and John Cena.

Cryme Tyme isn't going any where, if for no other reason, because there are few tag teams. Priceless is one, and I assume Batista and Rey will be put together after the scramble. The WWE tag division is a mess. Raw, Smackdown, and ECW have FOUR tag teams between them. I know this isn't the place to rail about how the brand split needs to end, but if it were, this would be the reason. Priceless isn't going to face an endless stream of thrown together face teams, as Cryme Tyme won't face an endless stream of random heel teams.

Neither team can go anywhere.

Even if they could, though, Cryme Tyme isn't going anywhere. During the WWE's give the black guy a belt phase, they have been ignored. It's their turn. They are more over than any other team in WWE, including Miz and Morrison, and deserve these belts.

CTC pretty much died as soonas the JBL/Cena fued ended, and yeah ok they're seen chatting every now and then, but so what? We've seen countless talent chatting to Janet (is that her name) the head make-up lady, does that mean they're going to form a stable?

Lol. I just imagined the make-up lady doing a run in to back up someone like Batista.

Anyway, as people have said, they're actually trying to build up Rhodes and Dibiase as a great team (because of their dad's) and it's impossible to create a legendary tag team champions, without them facing credible challengers, which is why no one liked Rhodes/Holly as champs because they did nothing. Miz and Morrison kept facing random pairings and then teams who appeared out of nowhere and suddenly had title shots for no reason.

So with that being said, who is Rhodes/Dibiase going to fued with? They've had their random pairing challengers dealt with already so now it's time for a proper team and the only one on Raw now is CT. CT are now getting a push out of neccessity and nothing else.

I'm not sure on this. Cena and CT haven't really been associating with each other in the last week or two, so I'm not really worried about it. Its pretty clear that they wouldn't have gotten over as much as they did this time without Cena, but they still would have gotten over as they're just that popular. These three were made for each other though, so I'm hoping they don't. To me the best way they can stay over is to win the tag belts. It keeps them in the spotlight and gives them something to do minus Cena, but as others have said, where do they go after that? Barring another team being formed, they can only feud with Priceless for so long. I'm skeptical about it but I think Cryme Tyme will be fine.

Cryme Tyme will still get pushed and do well. They are in a tag title match at the PPV, they get precious air time every week and there is one other thing that will keep them in the spot light. They are over... When their music hits, they get that "Road Warrior" type pop. They have good matches and are exciting. The only thing that can screw them up, other than personal issues backstage, are if the WWE decides to break them up prematurely. So Cryme Tyme will be just fine without Cena. That being said, I really like the CTC thing. It could be a 2008 version of DX, or even a modern day Freebirds in a way. The WWE could be raking in the money with t-shirts and merchandise. Also they could have a heel turn down the road and they could be like a modern day version of the Four Horsemen. CTC has great possibilities. It could makes lots of Money Money, Yea..... You know what I mean.

With Cena injured I don't think Cryme Tyme is going to necessarily going to fade away. They are going to be on the next couple PPVs with their upcoming Priceless feud, and they are pretty over with most of the fans especially younger ones thanks to the Cena association. So I don't see Cryme Tyme fading anywhere but I don't see them main eventing at any point soon with Cena out. Look for Cryme Tyme to win the tag titles in a few months but don't look for them main eventing without Cena or feuding with anyone beside Priceless really.

Why would they fade away? They're in a feud with Priceless right now over the Tag Team titles and since they've returned, even before they alligned themselves with Cena, they were on RAW every week in some capacity. I think they'll be just fine on their own, just as they were before Cena. Cena needed Cryme Tyme far more then Cryme Tyme needed Cena.

i agree with most of you i dont think they will fade. They are in a good storyline with priceless and it is possible that they could win the world tag team titles with in the next couple of months. They also attract a wide range of fans especially kids due to being seen with cena. So i cant see them not getting pushed because they have so much going for them

Cryme Tyme won't fade. Yes Cena did help them or vice versa. But with that feud between Priceless, they won't go away soon. And Morrison and The Miz might feud with them too after the Dirt Sheet and Word Up.

I think Cryme Tyme will be fine. Mainly because they're very over with the crowd. With that support, they won't need Cena to captalise on their recent push. They've got great chemistry with eachother and in the ring they can put on a solid match, so they're fine with that respect.

To go any further than the Tag Team division they will need Cena, just to ease themselves into that position, just because Cena in the ME is the norm. However, they shouldn't be pushed out of the division because the tag team division is awful already. Not enough wrestlers.

There is no way that Cryme Tyme is going to fade away. There one of only two tag teams and Raw so that alone is a good indication they won't fade. They are also the most over tag team with the fans in all of the WWE, so I don't see any way they will fade.

I don't think they will fade away. They seem to have enough backing to keep their push going. The crowd likes them and a nice long fued with DiBiase and Rhodes would do them even better. Hopefully at the end of the fued they will be wearing the gold.

Actually I think they will fade... they are funny I'll give them that, and they have great chemistry in the ring, but they didn't stick around long last time and though I can't put my finger on it, something just tells me they won't be around long this time either. They are never going to be a long term tag team hire for the WWE. I'm sure they'll be around long enough to take the title from Priceless at least once, maybe twice, but they won't have the longevity to stick around for a long time. For one they are a flash in the pan team, that will get boring and stale soon, and plus I just don't believe they can make it on their own as singles, so if they split them up, which will happen, one or both will get released soon after, thus no chance for a reconciliation. So I believe that yes they will fade away again.

Cryme Time is really not going anywhere...

They shouldn't have been released in the first place. I can see this being the point were WWE finally revives the tag team division with this group here. The catch is going to be that everyone hates the way that Cryme Time carries themselves and the tag team belts. It will start to spark some interesting feuds depending who they become allies with, besided John Cena..

So with that being said...

Your New WWE World Tag Team Champions are Crymmmmmmmmme Time!

You know... If the tag team division on Raw had more than two teams, I'd say that CT would fade out a bit, but the bottom line is that they simply can't. I mean Team Priceless has the belts right now, but what teams are there for them to feud with? Let's see... CT, and mabey Rey and Batista down the road? As I said there simply is no way that CT can fade out right now. However,with that being said. CT in my opinion needs to thank WWE for teaming them up with Cena. Like KB said, without Cena, odds are that CT would not be as over as they are without him. Should CT win the titles at some point... Then there's a bigger problem.

If CT wins the titles, then they basically have nowhere to go. They'd basically be stuck in a repeative feud with Team Priceless until well who knows when. If they don't win the belts they would at least be able to remain a thorn in the side of the likes of JBL or some other heel, Y2J perhaps? Right now for me the Tag Team Titles mean your basically going to be doing the same thing over and over. CT does enough of the same thing time and time again with their little auctions and money money thing that they really don't need to be put in a position that will just add to that repetition.

I don't think so this time because for once CT is getting a legitimate push and a title shot at a PPV for once. These guys have been with the company for a while now, have been easily one of most popular tag teams the WWE has had during that span, and I'm not sure if they've given them more than a couple of tag team title matches, definitly not one at a PPV. The trouble with this feud is that no matter who wins, the winning team will have no where else to go besides having a rematch with the losing team. I think CT can make it on their own without Cena, they weren't even really being used all that much with Cena up to when he got hurt, a couple of backstage segements but really nothing since those 6-man tag matches. Perhaps it could be a good thing for these two teams to battle it out for a while and have a long memorable feud. It could reestablish the tag titles as legitimate titles that require good teamwork and skill to keep, and give the division time to put together new contenders for the belts once Priceless and Cryme Tyme are done their feud. With Morrison and Miz making a surprise appearance on RAW (man i wish they could've had a real match with CT, but I think I know where it could be going), I would love to see them take on CT for a while for the titles. Either way, at the moment CT and Priceless are the best the RAW tag team division has to offer, so they won't be fading away for good long awhile.

I think it could go either way. Cryme Tyme was getting decent reactions from the fans before their interaction from John Cena.. and on top of that, Cena and Cryme Tyme haven't interacted a lot anyways.

The issue that hurts Cryme Tyme fading away is not having any suitable opponent's in the Tag Team division. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are it. I don't actually think they'll win the titles come Unforgiven, but there is the off-chance they could just to prolong the feud with Wall Street.

Now on the flip side, as I said Cryme Tyme were already over with the fans before joining Cena. So depending on how W.W.E. uses them, they seem to always have a spot with the fan's. Whether it's in a meaningful feud for gold belts, or if it's backstage segments singing songs about money and trying to sell "hot" items.

I think it could go either way. Cryme Tyme was getting decent reactions from the fans before their interaction from John Cena.. and on top of that, Cena and Cryme Tyme haven't interacted a lot anyways.

The issue that hurts Cryme Tyme fading away is not having any suitable opponent's in the Tag Team division. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are it. I don't actually think they'll win the titles come Unforgiven, but there is the off-chance they could just to prolong the feud with Wall Street.

Now on the flip side, as I said Cryme Tyme were already over with the fans before joining Cena. So depending on how W.W.E. uses them, they seem to always have a spot with the fan's. Whether it's in a meaningful feud for gold belts, or if it's backstage segments singing songs about money and trying to sell "hot" items.

One never knows, but I feel strongly that Cryme Tyme will walk away with the belts at Unforgiven precisely for the reason you stated: there is no tag team division. Therefore, Rhodes & DiBiase are there only real chance for a fued. Cryme Tyme does get a good reaction from the crowd, with or without Cena so they could make viable champions.

I am sure Cryme Tyme will just job off to Priceless for a while. With Priceless miles ahead of them, Cryme Tyme will probably feud with Jamie Noble and a partner or something like that. Sooner or later Shad will be upset, beat up JTG, and the team will break up. Shad will get a bit of a push, maybe go for the IC title, lose and be used as a jobber, JTG will be let go very quickly. I cannot see these guys ever going over Priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back