World Heavyweight Championship - New Design, or Stay the Same?

undyinglylty

Dark Match Winner
The World Heavyweight Championship has been in the WWE since 2002 has never gotten the belt changed,do you think that the title should get a new belt that represents it or should it stay the same?

it should stay the same. It's a classic title with an iconic, popular look. When pro athletes win a world championship, this is the replica belt they buy. That tells you it's doing well.

The World Heavyweight Championship is probably the last Title in the WWE that needs a changing. The Big Gold Belt is probably one of the most known belts not only in wrestling but to the general public as well. Like TWJC mentioned, when it's used in other places besides the WWE, you know it's popular. Not only is it popular, but it looks good on damn near everyone in the WWE which is more than I can say for the current WWE Championship. It's too prestigious to remake or replace. It's been around for years now (with a few tweaks) why replace it now? There's just no real reason to replace the World Heavyweight Championship and I've yet to hear a good reason why belt should be replaced.

The World Heavyweight Championship is a title that does not need to change at all, as a matter of fact I think it would be cool if it never changed. The title has had alot of history since 2002 and the design kind of has a part in that history, it has a very classic and iconic look and has a very prestigeous look to it. I think that with all these other titles being changed around to newer but somewhat tackier designs it would be nice to keep this one the same, not only does it have the feel of an older title but it's design is very cool and gives it that feeling of importance and class that the WWE title lacks even though it is considered a more important title. I say definitely keep it the way it is, it's the big gold belt and I would prefer that it stay that way and not get fruited up with a spinner or something, continue it's legacy and keep it the way it is.

Yes! Let's put a spinner on it. Or should we turn it into a butterfly? Maybe a digital display that has the wearer's facebook and twitter stats scrolling across the face? The WHC is a classic. It has that prestigious look to it and actually looks like a championship, unlike the WWE title. I still can't believe they put a spinner on that belt. And then they killed the tag titles by making them bronze.

Absolutely not. The World Heavyweight Championship is by far the best looking belt that WWE has. So what if it's design has never changed since it was created? The design is a classic tribute to other "big golden belts" such as the WCW Championship. The belt should stay the same because it looks perfect just the way it does. Nearly anyone who holds it instantly looks like a champion. That's more than can be said about most of WWE's title belts....

If the World Heavyweight Championship belt still looks like that 20 years from now, I still won't think it needs to be changed. In my opinion, that belt is everything that a top level belt should be. It looks like it's the top belt of a wrestling company that takes shit seriously. Compared to the WWE title, it's downright classy looking. It actually looks like a professional championship.

I love the world championship right now. Always have. It looks good with the pure gold. Now if you wanna talk about a belt that needs redisigning, i think we all know which belt to talk about. "cough"spinner sucks"cough"

Yeah keep the same design. Its their best looking championship. Look how ugly the new tag titles are. Sometimes change isn't always a good thing.

The world title is fine the way it is. Changing a belt only hurts it's prestige in my opinion. When you see the belt it looks almost exactly like the old WCW title from 15 years ago. Therefore the person holding the belt looks more like a champion as they can be associated more with the great wrestlers who held the belt in the past.

It's like how Cody now wears the old Intercontinental title. When you see him with that belt around his waist you think of the guys who used to hold that belt like Ricky Steamboat and Shawn Michaels. That in itself benefits him as it makes him look in the same league as they were at the time and could go on to have great career's like they had.

I think the two reasons why wwe will not change the belt any time soon is

1) They technically already changed it in june making the gold more shiny shrinking the belt a little and redoing the leather so right now there not going to mess with it

2) When other sports win there respected Cups/Championship they buy the WHC due to the fact that the WWE Title looks like a toy and too blinged out

That belt is more recognizable than the WWE Title itself which means if that change other sports will not buy it ANd whats worst than a sport helding up a TNA WHC

Stay the same. Always stay the same.

Of all of the belts in WWE, it's probably my favourite. Why? Because it's so purty. It manages to look fresh, yet traditional. It looks prestigious (like an championship belt should look), yet it can still appeal to the young fans of WWE who see title belts like toys.

There's no reason to change the belt at all, and I don't think WWE will. It has reached classic status in a way all of the previous designs for the WWE Championship never did.

In no way, shape or form should they change the design. For me, it's the only heavyweight title thats looked like a heavyweight title. None of the WWF/WWE titles, as cool as they may have looked, ever gave any type of importance off if I'm being completely honest. I'm not keen on ROH's, and I haven't liked any of TNA's since they lost the NWA belt. The World Heavyweight Championship is different, because it looks very official. It's simple, just gold with no flashy colours on it, hasn't got any clever designs or gimmicks, and it has the nameplate, which I believe it had as the WCW title, and was the belt that first introduced nameplates into the WWE.

As belts go, it's an icon of the industry, and should never be tampered with (excluding the strap and resizing the plates). The design itself should never be changed, in my opinion, and I seriously doubt you'll find many people who think otherwise.

Like many have said already, The World Heavyweight Championship's design needs no change. It's well known and few dislike it. Unlike the WWE Championship's design, this design looks good. More importantly, the design itself has history. It's been around since 1985. It's older than most of the guys in the business. It's one of the things that keeps that belt prestigious. It doesn't matter what promotion. You've seen Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, and The Rock wear that belt. The World Heavyweight Championship is the last belt on the face of the Earth that needs a redesign. And it's silly to talk about when the Spinner belt is still around.

The World title is beautiful to look at, there really is no need to change it. It looks modern enough, and I'll be damned if you don't look like a million dollars when you're in possession of it. No need to fix what ain't broken, chump.

The Big Gold Belt is a historic wrestling belt and should not be changed. In some ways, it's more iconic than the WWE "Winged Eagle" belt.

They should unify the WWE and World Titles and keep the Big Gold Belt as the "Undisputed WWE World Championship"

If I was going to design a belt that said I AM THE BEST IN THE WORLD, then the current WHC would be it.

Not only does it have that historic NWA old skool look...but it screams success at you. If I was just some Hobo off the street who knew nothing about Wrestling and I was shown all the WWE belts then I would instantly think that the WHC belt was the #1 (without reading the words that say World Heavyweight Champ in big gold letters ofcourse)

Exactly what Skinsley said, you could take anyone off the street line up the Belts from WWE near enough all would pick the WHC belt. It oozes prestige and respect.

The BGB is too historic and reminiscent of WCW, and unlike the WWE title, actually looks like a championship, i say keep it.

Take a look at these 2 pictures.
parade4.jpg

aaronrodgerschampionshipbelt.jpg

Now tell me, could they have used any other belt in wrestling, and it send the same message? Not a chance. That title screams "Champion of the world" To change it anything beyond the minor tweeks here and there would be a bigger mistake than having Jack Thwagger win the WHC..

blah blah blah. Mike was waving the Winged Eagle belt around on The Real World: Back to New York and Paul Wall was strutting around with the I-C title in the video "Still tippin" when he proclaimed himself the "peoples' champ.. " the bottom line is purchased or not that belt is the intelectual property of WCW and no one other then JCP or WCW had the right to use that belt design. Of course a bunch of stupid WWE fans would think otherwise. Its war booty. :disappointed: And furthermore it high lights the inequality of the titles. WWE is trying to compensate for the WHC being 39 years the junior to the WWE title and having no true lineage and being on the B show so they say hey "lets make her shiny 'n purtyy!"

If WWE had so much respect for the BGB why didn't they give credit to Steamboat for holding it after he had returned to the WWF c. '91? How much credit and recognition did Page or Steiner get for holding it..? or Rude?

If the titles are to stay separate, the World Title should not be changed?

Maybe if a Unifcation took place the they World title could stay but be modififed slighty, like having 2 or 3 extra side plates like the other WWE belts have.

The belt is awesome though and pisses all over the WWE title belt.

I actually think the World Heavyweight Championship should go. It's nothing against the title itself. It's very appealing to the eye and along with Cody Rhodes' Intercontinental Title is the best looking of the belts. However, WWE's booking doesn't really do the World Heavyweight Championship justice and imo there are too many titles in WWE. I'd have the World Heavyweight Title be unified with the Intercontinental Championship and have that title take its place in terms of booking (this would be much easier now the brand split is effectively dead and buried). I'm going off topic though :p The belt itself is very good-looking while its supposed equivalent looks like a toy.

Unlike the WWE Championship belt, the World Heavyweight Title looks like a legitimate belt in ANY appropriate sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back