WrestleMania involving the wwe's 2 main highflyers?

EVAN BOURNE=WWE Ledgend

Dark Match Winner
This is a thread to talk about the direction which you think the wwe will go with Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio heading into Wrestlemania. These 2 are sooo entertaining and neither has a scheduled match at mania yet. Personnaly i would love to see them go at it with eachother, but that won't happen. Rey might fight JBL for the ic title as he challanged him for it, but you never know what might happen. Evan could face swagger for the ecw title too....but we are getting too close to mania with no talk at all of any ecw title match. Also next week is all divas therefore the script won't develop then. So what do you think will occur at mania with these two.

To start, I'd like to simply point out to you that Legend doesn't have that first D.

But now, onto the topic.

If Bourne hadn't just returned from a foot injury, I would say that they may very well shove him into the MITB. However, seeing as that IS the case, I'm afraid I am not quite sure as to what (if ANY) direction they plan to send him in. Seeing him snag a match with Swagger for the strap would be cool if he wouldn't be (dare I say) nearly guaranteed to lose due to lack of build up.

I do see Rey facing JBL for the IC title though. JBL is on his tirade about "making history" so it won't be all HE does that night, but I do consider it entirely probable that Rey and JBL could face off for the belt.

yeah i too would like to see Rey go against Bourne in what should be a cruiserweight match for the ages. will be a long time coming since a decent high flyers match in the WWE

You really shouldn't throw around the term "legend". Bourne won't even be hear legendary status for many years. He's GREAT though. Sooo fun to watch, creative, athletic. Surely a young up-and-comer. I can see him and Mysterio within the next couple of months becoming a tag team. They sort of started that up at Raw before he got injured. Seems like a good way to get Bourne higher in the roster. And it seems they're lost on what to do w/ Mysterio. And this would give his career new life at this stage in it. Seems like a perfect mix for now.

But as for WM is would be very tough to see how Bourne could possibly make it at this point. Maybe with some sort of special attraction match involving the ECW Championship. And Mysterio is most likely gonna have a match w/ JBL.

ps- If the Cruiserweight Championship was still active Bourne would sooo own that. I miss that.

Evan Bourne probably won't wrestle in this year's WM. Maybe he could try and help Rey out or something against JBL to set up a tag team or something. I just read that back and could guarantee it wont happen lol.

Rey, as most are saying we'll probably see him up against JBL for the IC title. I don't really like this idea. They should have had Rey in the MITB match and had Punk and JBL fueding up to Mania and then have Punk's rematch at mania.

Dunno, Bourne will be in WM's to come though, just dont see him in this years after his injury and no build up.

Mysterio will face JBL in a horrendous match.

Evan Bourne will either have a match with Jack Swagger for the ECW title, or neither of them will have a match. There's no way Swagger will face anybody else. Not even Dreamer, as Dreamer will be challenging Swagger (or someone else) at Extreme Rules on June 7th since that when his storyline hits the climax.

With the addition of the tag team unification match though, I don't think we'll see an ECW title defense. They already have 9 matches.

i think like last year a 25 man battle royal will happen rite b4 wrestlemania goes on. they need a match for wwe.com. i see bourne winning the match nd facing swagger. swagger will go over. jbl vs rey is most likely gonna happen. jbl will win then make his announcment

I know it won't happen but I would love to see Bourne vs Kidd at Mania. But I think mostly likely it will be Mysterio vs JBL and Bourne left off the show.

Mysterio challenged JBL on Raw. So i think we're seeing that. They appear to be setting up Bourne v. Tyson Kidd, but there's no chance that that will happen at Mania, Kidd's not strong enough a talent yet.

Swagger last week no-showed ECW, this week 1 minute of dialog, next week is divas's only.
DOES ANYBODY ELSE FIND THIS SUSPICIOUS???
I think he got a wellness violation or something to that regard.
Regardless of how much the WWE values or devalues the ECW Title, Swagger should have a match at Mania already in the works by now, whether for the Title or not.

I say we dont worry about Rey Rey until about 2 hours until Wrestlemania. WWE probably didnt want to announce him in a match until close to the show because it should hopefully lower his chance of injuring himself AGAIN. As for Bourne hes entertaining, but in reality he is jeff hardy- 30 lbs and personality. Does anyone else find it hilarious that when Rey hits the ropes, he slightly slouches and hits the middle one? It makes me chuckle everytime.

I would like to see evan bourne in a match at WM25 but as he has only returned from injury he will not get any match unless they have the 25 man batle royal like they did last year for the number 1 contendership 4 the ECW title.

Rey vs JBL with Rey winning the championship. Then since JBL talks about "making history", have him run in during Money in the Bank winning it, then cashing it on that night. Although, i don't want this to happen because I'm not a fan of JBL, I like this idea. :) Or, don't have a IC match at all, and have JBL run in during Money in the Bank, win it and cash it in that night, becoming World Heavyweight Champion. There's only been a few that have held both titles if I'm not mistaken.

As for Evan Bourne, I don't think he has time for a build-up for Wrestlemania, but they could do a Triple Threat with Jack Swagger (c) Vs. Evan Bourne Vs. Tommy Dreamer with Evan winning and Tommy retiring, or Tommy winning and retires with the belt with the next ECW having a battle royal for the open ECW Championship. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back