Wrestlemania XXX: Undertaker VS Brock Lesnar

The Brain

King Of The Ring
Do my eyes deceive me? Is there no official thread on this yet? Last Monday we learned that Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar will take place at WrestleMania XXX. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I think I'd be more sold on it if this feud didn't already take place. That sounds pretty ridiculous, right? These guys feuded twelve years ago. Enough time has passed and enough has changed with these two for this to feel fresh again. I recognize that and realize it's stupid to not want this match because they wrestled each other all the way back in 2002. That was just my first thought. I can't help it.

As the weeks go by I'm sure I will be sold on this match. I'm already into more from what I saw on Monday. I wonder if Heyman will bring up the 2002 feud and mention that Taker has never defeated Lesnar. It also crossed my mind that they might add some kind of stipulation. I think ever since Lesnar came back all his matches have been no DQ so that almost seems like a given. I was thinking they might make it where you can only win by knock out or tap out. I think that might be cool but it would take away from the drama of all those near falls we get during Taker mania matches. Either way I expect Taker to get the win and the streak to stay in tact.

What are your thoughts on this match? Are you looking forward to it? Who will win?

I think it will be great. In fact I have no doubts. The outcome? Yeah, that's inevitable, but it doesn't stop Undertaker putting on a match of the year candidate at every Wrestlemania every other year. I also don't really buy into the theory that this match is bad for Undertaker's health, which is something that I've seen thrown around a lot; I think that Brock's recklessness is overstated, as are Undertaker's physical capabilities. We read a lot about how 'Taker is in bad shape and has had surgery throughout the year, or whatever, and I'm not saying that they're wrong, but we've read stuff like that for years and he's never stepped into the ring looking like a guy with limited capabilities, excluding the fact that he's stopped doing his rope dive. I just think it's a really good pairing; while on paper the outcome is obvious, Brock is the type of character that will rip people apart over the next five weeks and beat the living shit out of The Undertaker on April 6th, and undoubtedly have me thinking "what if?".

Much like last year, this match was made out of the blue. Undertaker shows up and all of a sudden he's got a match. With Punk or with Lesnar. It just seems like such a lazy way to kick off a feud, for the second year in a row now. So no... I'm not really that excited for the match at least not yet. Last year the feud became all about Paul Bearer, so I hope the lead up to this match is a little more interesting. Though, as I previously stated in many other Undertaker / streak threads, his matches are getting less interesting and more predictable as it becomes clearer that his opponent is no threat at all to the streak. Kayfabe wise, sure. But we already know there's 0% chance of Lesnar winning.

I'm still on the fence about this match personally.

On one hand, I do wanna see it because there's not going to be any issue as to whether or not Lesnar is a "credible" threat to the streak. Lesnar's a legit badass that's freakishly strong and, like him or not, his first 21 months or so in WWE back in 2002-2004 is still talked about with reverence among a lot of fans to this day. Taker vs. Lesnar is a money match that a lot have wanted to see since Lesnar's return a few years back and when you consider that Lesnar is essentially a special attraction brought in a small handful of times a year to help jack up ppv buys, a match against Taker is the ideal scenario for him.

On the other hand, I'm concerned about Taker's safety. Taker's a grown man and can make his own choices, obviously, and a tough old bastard. However, we all know that the wear & tear of the business has caught up to him with a vengeance the past several years. When Taker returned at WrestleMania XX and really up until the past few years, he's looked like he'd been chiseled out of stone. He'd obviously changed his dietary habits and was hitting the gym like a fiend. Age has definitely caught up with him as well as he's not nearly as muscular as he was. He's also well known for putting off taking time off from working to rest up and for putting off needed surgical procedures in the same way. That sort of commitment is part of why the whole locker room respects him. Brock Lesnar is extremely stiff in the ring, sometimes to the point where you can't help but think that he's downright reckless. I find it unlikely that Taker will come out of this match without injury. Given that he's almost 50 and obviously can't have a whole lot left in the tank, I'm worried that he'll no longer be able to make the choice when to step down. Factor in if he's injured against Lesnar with his age and the wear & tear that's inhibited him so much the past several years, Lesnar may be his last match whether he wants it to be or not.

Worst case scenario: Taker really gets hurt in the middle of the match and the ref decides to call it. The streak is over and Taker's injury seals the lid on his career. Whether the streak ends or not, nobody wants to see it end like that.

Much like last year, this match was made out of the blue. Undertaker shows up and all of a sudden he's got a match. ...... It just seems like such a lazy way to kick off a feud, for the second year in a row now.

Your point is well-taken. Yet, if WWE wants the Undertaker at all, they've got to do things on his terms. His legend and reputation are such that he can call the shots; I doubt there's worry on WWE's part that others might start demanding to do business the same way.....they could just tell whomever is asking: "Fine, when you've accomplished what Mark Calaway has, you can tell us how you want to be used.":)

But when a guy wrestles once a year, there isn't going to be much time to build a feud.....in fact, the company is probably lucky to get a full month of promos out of Calaway.

Sure, I kind of wondered what in hell Undertaker suddenly has against Brock Lesnar to bring about this confrontation. During March, they'll probably build in some sort of reason why this match is taking place.

In spite of it all, I'm interested in 'Taker-Lesnar. Even with the photo of Mark Calaway that circulated 2 weeks ago, looking like an old, old man, once he's in the ring he looks formidable and scary again......although I could do without seeing that damn tongue sticking out of his mouth (Who does he think he is....Miley Cyrus?)

As for Brock, my guess is he'll job cheerfully enough; he's completely a mercenary in the pro wrestling business.....I doubt he gives a damn whether he wins or loses. As long as they pay him the $600 million dollars/year they've contracted for, he'll job to Gillberg if they need him to.

I only hope Brock can cool it with his roughhouse style so Mark Calaway lives to fight at WM31.

I've got no particular problem with this match per se, it's just there are as many as four other opponents for the Undertaker that I would have preferred. Sting, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, even Roman Reigns, I would have preferred either of these guys to have been Taker's opponent at WM30.

I will be very disappointed for a number of reasons if Brock Lesnar turns out to be the guy who ends the streak, and frankly I doubt he will. So while the outcome may be a little predictable (I hope), I still think it should be an entertaining high quality matchup. I think reports of Lesnar's recklessness in the ring are somewhat exaggerated. Sure he can be a little stiff, but even at his age and physical condition, I'm sure Taker will have no problem tolerating the beating he's sure to take, win or lose. And on that note, I think references to Taker's physical status are over the top as well. Sure, the guy is getting up there in age and is not in the prime condition he once was, but he's hardly an invalid or anything. He us still more than capable of wrestling a physical style, as well as being in the receiving end as well. Let's face it, he will have an entire year to recuperate and get himself back in a position to lose his undefeated Wrestlemania streak to heel John Cena at WM31.

Your point is well-taken. Yet, if WWE wants the Undertaker at all, they've got to do things on his terms. His legend and reputation are such that he can call the shots; I doubt there's worry on WWE's part that others might start demanding to do business the same way.....they could just tell whomever is asking: "Fine, when you've accomplished what Mark Calaway has, you can tell us how you want to be used.":)

But when a guy wrestles once a year, there isn't going to be much time to build a feud.....in fact, the company is probably lucky to get a full month of promos out of Calaway.

Sure, I kind of wondered what in hell Undertaker suddenly has against Brock Lesnar to bring about this confrontation. During March, they'll probably build in some sort of reason why this match is taking place.

In spite of it all, I'm interested in 'Taker-Lesnar. Even with the photo of Mark Calaway that circulated 2 weeks ago, looking like an old, old man, once he's in the ring he looks formidable and scary again......although I could do without seeing that damn tongue sticking out of his mouth (Who does he think he is....Miley Cyrus?)

As for Brock, my guess is he'll job cheerfully enough; he's completely a mercenary in the pro wrestling business.....I doubt he gives a damn whether he wins or loses. As long as they pay him the $600 million dollars/year they've contracted for, he'll job to Gillberg if they need him to.

I only hope Brock can cool it with his roughhouse style so Mark Calaway lives to fight at WM31.

I thought the reason for the confrontation was clear enough,tbh.

Brock Lesnar wanted a World title shot because he is on a mission to conquer Everything in the WWE, Authority said no, so, Brock threatened to walk out of Mania.
Cue the Undertaker coming out, and showing Brock that there is something else arguably Bigger than the World title to conquer at Wrestlemania....the STREAK!
As you may have noticed, Brock signed the "Open" contract fast enough, because he realized the opportunity to conquer that which noone has conquered in history.

Was it predicatable setup?
Yes.

Was it strange that Heyman & Lesnar "forgot" about the Streak?
Indeed. But I think that was done because it was the Undertaker returning after a long while, and it added to the setup of the match by showing Taker as the one standing upto Lesnar and indirectly challenging him.
Simple, Predicatable setup indeed.

However, I am a confessed Taker fan, so I am looking forward to seeing how they progress the feud in the leadup to Mania30. Then, we can analyse it, but as I said, the setup was logical enough if not unpredictable as some may have wanted it.

Also I think judging by Lesnar's recent fancy of hitting guys repeatedly with Steel Chairs, the Undertaker will be beaten mercilessly at Mania similar to his Hell in a Cell End of an Era match vs Triple H at WM28.

Also, I hope that when Taker inevitably(bar what JH said about him getting injured by Lesnar somehow during the match) wins the match vs Lesnar(I expect a classic yet again), that Sting is somehow signed before Mania, and when Taker is celebrating his victory, that Sting appears "LURKING in the Rafters" to setup WM31, Sting vs Taker!
It is the one match-up I dream off, regardless of if it is too late and both are old. Just the thought of the Storyline Feud between the two is enough!
Setup the match at WM30 when Taker's match is over. Then, Sting can work a normal enough schedule during the year, with the Taker presence popping up Post-Rumble 2015...Seems logical enough, doesn't it? ;)

There's a good chance WWE will ignore the past between Brock VS Taker, because the feud happened during Taker's "American Bad Ass" days. I can't remember where I read this years ago, but I remember the reason behind WWE ignoring Biker Taker is, WWE doesn't want to run the risk of killing the mystique for supernatural Deadman Taker.

With the exception of Triple H alluding to their match at Wrestlemania 17, WWE completely ignored the first Wrestlemania match between Taker and Triple H during the build for their Mania 27 match. And when Triple H mentioned the Mania 17 match on the Raw after Mania 27, it was a slight mention with no real details behind it.

Anyway, Taker walks out of Wrestlemania XXX 22-0. Edge (with help and a distraction) couldn't do it, Shawn couldn't do it on two chances, and Triple H couldn't do it on three chances. That's a list of two Hall Of Famers and one future Hall Of Famer, and Lesnar will fall into the same category of those, who gave it their all, but failed.

I have concerns about Taker's physical well being and Brock's rough style, but Taker's a tough bastard, so I have faith he'll gut it out and endure the pounding from Brock. Hopefully Heyman will announce Brock's request for a No DQ match soon enough, so Brock can show Taker he's not afraid of him after the chokeslam. It'll be a nail-biter as always, and I'm sure we'll see a few close call scenarios with Brock locked in the Hell's Gate and Taker stuck in the Kimura, but Taker will find a way to overcome the odds.

And I'm not worried about Lesnar losing at Wrestlemania. Lesnar picks up a dominant and decisive victory over someone else at Extreme Rules in another No DQ match. This way Lesnar will have another win going into Summerslam, and they can start the rinse and repeat formula all over again this year.

Undertaker isn't made of glass. He'll easily survive this match. Also where has Lesnar got this reputation that he's dangerous to work with?

It's going to be a brilliant match. Like normal Undertaker will have one of the top matches on the card. Match of the year would be my guess. If you don't want to see it, then maybe you're one of those morons who doesn't want part-timers on the card and think people like Kofi Kingston should get a match because he's worked all year round.

Should be a great match, but I can't for the life of me figure out why they have not done Cena vs Undertaker yet. You would think Wrestlemania freaking 30 would be the best place to have the last super match WWE has left. Thats not taking anything away from Brock vs Taker because this is a huge match, but there's not even an ounce of doubt in anyone's mind, IWC or casual fan that Taker will lose. Cena is the last one to put doubt in everyone's minds. Maybe there's reasoning behind it. Maybe we will see it at Taker's last mania because thats how he wants to go out, but who knows.

It will be a great match. Lesnar has had some masterpieces since his return (excluding Triple H's year long lovefest for himself) and Taker always brings it at Mania so this is a no brainer. People are also overhyping the fact that Lesnar will kill Taker in this match. Those morons should probably realize Undertaker wouldn't go through with this match if he didn't trust Brock or felt safe doing it.

The only issue i have with this is match is that they should have built Brock more up as unstoppable. It's been proven by Cena and Triple H that he can be beaten

I wish the match took place at Wrestlemania 29 instead of this year since that would have been the earliest Wrestlemania the two could have faced off since the 2010 UFC confrontation.

The reason why I'm down on the match is because I felt Brock's being included in the Batista/Orton main event could have helped boosted the the main event. Even the crowd bought into the match up when they had that segment on a recent RAW with Brock/Orton/Batista in the ring together.

I felt like they wasted Brock's build up since Summerslam. If anything, the way they booked him is like he lost to Punk at Summerslam. What was the point of him using his limited dates and a match on Big Show and beating up Mark Henry/Rhodes Bros just for his momentum to go down the drain after Taker defeats him at Wrestlemania. Atleast if he was in the Batista/Orton match, he would have a fighting chance to win. Meanwhile, this is just another victory for Taker as fans wait to see if he's going to finally fight Cena and Sting.

I see a few people have concerns over this match, some to do with Undertaker's health, others just seem discontent. I'm not saying all of the following have been said in this thread, but rather what I've read from numerous Streak threads or comments sections on WZ.

Firstly, to the people that say Undertaker is looking older, no shit! You're telling me guy who's nearly 50 is starting to age in the face??? Secondly, in my opinion, he looks in great shape. He's certainly slimmed down and become a bit more cut (reportedly due to a change in diet), which to me shows that we'll see Undertaker for a little while longer. People are complaining that because he's bald that it somehow takes away from his 'Deadman' character. I really don't get this argument. If anything he looks even creepier and even more 'undead', or whatever you want to call it. In regards to Lesnar being dangerous for Taker's health, do you really think that WWE would risk it if they knew Lesnar might injure Undertaker. If reports are correct, Lesnar has agreed to travel to Undertaker's facility and train with him, like guys in previous years have. That, to me, shows that Undertaker and WWE have full faith that it's not an issue. There's always a risk with injury, with any match, especially with a near-50 year-old veteran, but I seriously doubt that they would run this program if there were any real concerns.

On the match itself, and the build. Personally, I'd like to have had Cena face Taker this year, Sting next and then The Rock at WrestleMania 32 in Texas as Taker's last match. Of course there are a lot of unknowns in that and it would be stupid to just assume they could run all of those with no hassles. Anyway, Brock would be one of top 5 or 6 guys that I'd like to see face Taker.
The Streak isn't in jeopardy, lets be honest. But we said that last year and I even found myself thinking 'could this be it' when CM Punk hit Taker with the urn. I have no doubts that this will be a show-stealer, or at least just an entertaining hit-out. Taker has nearly more nostalgia than anyone in right now. Maybe The Rock, Austin and Hogan surpass him, but all could be debated. And whilst it seems like less and less of the IWC seem to care about Taker, it's clear that most 'regular' or 'casual' fans still love him.

I'm excited, I have no issues with Brock facing Taker because I believe they'll put on an excellent bout. I'll wait to comment on the actual build-up, seeing as though its been ONE WEEK. All in all, I'm happy. It has a big-match feel to it and that's what's important when building to 'Mania.

I think they'll bring the losses to Lesnar into play, that will be Undertaker's reason for wanting to prove he can beat Brock Lesnar, it could fit into the story quite well really.

I don't care about this match at all, not because I want Kofi Kingston on the card, I just don't care about the streak unless it's Taker vs Cena at this point.

The segment last week was well done, it doesn't really need any build although Heyman will no doubt cut some good promos over the next few weeks, and I am sure the match will go off without a hitch as while Brock is hard hitting the guys he's faced aren't getting seriously hurt, plus he cares mostly about money so he wont risk hurting his cushy deal by damaging Taker and ruining the match.

I thought Brock did a great job on the choke-slam last week even though Taker's arms looked really skinny. I don't get the booking tonight though, Brock beats up Mark Henry for the 3rd time and suddenly the streak is in more danger than ever, even though the only time in 11 years they've come face to face Taker put him through a table and stood dominant over Brock.

They need to do a segment where Brock manhandles Taker and gives him a real good thrashing, I mean no one over 5 has any doubt about the outcome but from a storytelling standpoint Brock needs a strong vicous segment with Taker just to give it some weight.

so many people are concerned about takers safety in this match. i can see your point. but Mark isn't an idiot. if he thought that his well being was TRULY in danger at this point in his career i'm sure he would have requested he'd face someone else. I'm sure he knows Brock Lesnar alot more than most of you do. Calloway knows what hes doing. sit back and watch a classic in the making.

Should be a great match, but I can't for the life of me figure out why they have not done Cena vs Undertaker yet.

I think they're saving that for 'Taker's very last match.....after which he calls it quits for good, whether he beats Cena or not. It seems that every year might be Mark Calaway's last, doesn't it? Yet, if his scheduled match isn't against Cena, my feeling is that we can pencil him in for at least one more WM.

As John Cena is the only man in pro wrestling who could possibly end the streak (IMO), the build-up to their eventual match would be amazing. Personally, I never had the notion that Shawn Michaels, Triple H or CM Punk could beat Undertaker for the momentous win, but I think John Cena could.

Whether the fans would like that result is another matter, one for the guys in Creative to deal with when (and if) the time comes.

Cena's already hated/despised enough as is, if he were to go over Taker that would bring the dislike to a whole new level. And the guy's accomplished enough as is .. does he really need a match vs the Undertaker?

weighing everything, I keep thinking back to the thread about "Undertaker and crowd response" or something to that effect and how there were rumors circulating that Taker wanted to work with Daniel Bryan

obviously due to how far Bryan has come along, and his great connection to the fans

if you attempt to apply that same logic to John Cena, it really doesn't make sense as to why Taker would want to work with him .. beyond the obvious "Well Cena's the poster boy of the WWE"

as I really think the alternating "Let's Go Cena" ... "Cena sucks" chants could take a lot away from the atmosphere of a streak match.

Hey who knows there's obviously lots of time between now and the next couple WM's and there's a ton of possible future opponents: as Sting could show up @ 30 to hype a future WM match up. Then there's Bryan, Ambrose/Reigns, Bray just to name three others. It doesn't have to be Cena

and if I'm Taker, the crowd response to the last time Cena main evented (WM 29) was absolutely embarrassing. Why would he (Taker) want anything to do with that?

Cena's already hated/despised enough as is, if he were to go over Taker that would bring the dislike to a whole new level. And the guy's accomplished enough as is .. does he really need a match vs the Undertaker?

weighing everything, I keep thinking back to the thread about "Undertaker and crowd response" or something to that effect and how there were rumors circulating that Taker wanted to work with Daniel Bryan

obviously due to how far Bryan has come along, and his great connection to the fans

if you attempt to apply that same logic to John Cena, it really doesn't make sense as to why Taker would want to work with him .. beyond the obvious "Well Cena's the poster boy of the WWE"

as I really think the alternating "Let's Go Cena" ... "Cena sucks" chants could take a lot away from the atmosphere of a streak match.

Hey who knows there's obviously lots of time between now and the next couple WM's and there's a ton of possible future opponents: as Sting could show up @ 30 to hype a future WM match up. Then there's Bryan, Ambrose/Reigns, Bray just to name three others. It doesn't have to be Cena

and if I'm Taker, the crowd response to the last time Cena main evented (WM 29) was absolutely embarrassing. Why would he (Taker) want anything to do with that?

The crowd response to Cena/Rock II was embarrassing because the match was embarrassing, at least in comparison to the two fantastic matches that had happened immediately prior to it.

Cena/Taker simply has to happen for one key reason - not that they're two of the best workers in the company and would, without a shadow of a doubt, tear the fucking house down (though that's also true). But John Cena is the only wrestler alive who could muster genuine, widespread fear among a Wrestlemania audience that The Streak might end. Because there's the thing - most of us know that The Streak is going to end. Nobody is going to break it. Brock Lesnar isn't going to break it, John Cena isn't going to break it, Sting isn't going to break it, there's an extremely slim chance that anybody breaks it. However, John Cena is the only person that is disliked fiercely enough for an adult audience to genuinely be worried about the future of The Streak. There's a once in a lifetime opportunity to create an atmosphere which won't be replicated, and WWE and The Undertaker can't blow it. I'm sure they won't.

Lately, I have been reading on the forums regularly, that there is no heat in the Streak Storyline feud between the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar for this coming Wrestlemania, and how it should reference stuff that happened a couple of years ago and even stuff that happened around a decade ago.

However, I don't see why this angle has been so difficult to understand.
In fact, it has been clear that it is an angle that puts the Streak as the prize for the challenger more than anything.
Think back to post-TLC, when Brock Lesnar returned alongwith Paul Heyman.
We were told the catchphrase; Eat, Sleep, CONQUER, Repeat.

He also revealed himself as the "Self-Proclaimed" No.1 Contender for the WWE WHC and then issued an Open Challenge to anyone in the locker room.

He then beatdown Mark Henry and had a match at Royal Rumble, where he destroyed the Big Show.

Post-RR; He also destroyed the Brotherhood and restated his "Self-Proclaimed" No.1 contendership and promptly disappeared, but not before a possible title challenge was teased in a segment with Current Champion, Randy Orton and Royal Rumble winner, Batista.

He reappeared on the Post-Elimination Chamber RAW, where he again stated his intention to "Conquer" the WWE by winning the World title after he had been given an "Open" contract by the Authority to sign for any match, other than the World title chance which the Authority rejected.

He threatened to either get the chance to Main Event WM in the WWE WHC match or not appear at all, as his main aim was to CONQUER the WWE.

Cue the return of the Undertaker, and the reminder that there was something possibly even greater than the WWE WHC, and having the "Open" contract, meant that Brock Lesnar would be able to challenge the Streak and possibly "CONQUER" the One thing that so many before had tried to,but ultimately Failed.

Seems a pretty simple storyline, that could have been used with any Monster Character,lMO.

I admit, it can be spiced up by having personal stuff between the two Superstars(Actually, Paul Heyman has mentioned that he failed last year with CM Punk as his client, but this year he has come to finish the job with Lesnar as his Main Client, making Paul Heyman have a clear role in the Feud), but the Storyline has been put together in a way that the STREAK has been made the centre and focal point of the entire feud and about Lesnar's ability to Conquer the WWE by conquering its Most Unbeatable force,the Undertaker.

Cheers. :)

Lately, I have been reading on the forums regularly, that there is no heat in the Streak Storyline feud between the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar for this coming Wrestlemania, and how it should reference stuff that happened a couple of years ago and even stuff that happened around a decade ago.

However, I don't see why this angle has been so difficult to understand.
In fact, it has been clear that it is an angle that puts the Streak as the prize for the challenger more than anything.
Think back to post-TLC, when Brock Lesnar returned alongwith Paul Heyman.
We were told the catchphrase; Eat, Sleep, CONQUER, Repeat.

He also revealed himself as the "Self-Proclaimed" No.1 Contender for the WWE WHC and then issued an Open Challenge to anyone in the locker room.

He then beatdown Mark Henry and had a match at Royal Rumble, where he destroyed the Big Show.

Post-RR; He also destroyed the Brotherhood and restated his "Self-Proclaimed" No.1 contendership and promptly disappeared, but not before a possible title challenge was teased in a segment with Current Champion, Randy Orton and Royal Rumble winner, Batista.

He reappeared on the Post-Elimination Chamber RAW, where he again stated his intention to "Conquer" the WWE by winning the World title after he had been given an "Open" contract by the Authority to sign for any match, other than the World title chance which the Authority rejected.

He threatened to either get the chance to Main Event WM in the WWE WHC match or not appear at all, as his main aim was to CONQUER the WWE.

Cue the return of the Undertaker, and the reminder that there was something possibly even greater than the WWE WHC, and having the "Open" contract, meant that Brock Lesnar would be able to challenge the Streak and possibly "CONQUER" the One thing that so many before had tried to,but ultimately Failed.

Seems a pretty simple storyline, that could have been used with any Monster Character,lMO.

I admit, it can be spiced up by having personal stuff between the two Superstars(Actually, Paul Heyman has mentioned that he failed last year with CM Punk as his client, but this year he has come to finish the job with Lesnar as his Main Client, making Paul Heyman have a clear role in the Feud), but the Storyline has been put together in a way that the STREAK has been made the centre and focal point of the entire feud and about Lesnar's ability to Conquer the WWE by conquering its Most Unbeatable force,the Undertaker.

Cheers. :)

Also, another thing...

Since, the Undertaker became the Deadman again, his time as the American BadAss has been rarely mentioned. Even against HHH, it was not really mentioned that they fought at WM17, but for a very small passing reference.

So, I would be very surprised if something that happened at a Rival companies' event is brought up, because; we all know how Vince likes to extend free advertising and promotion for his rivals, don't we? ;);)

It's all pointless anyway, everyone knows Brock will lose, even the idiots in the IWC who want the streak to end.

Yeah, it's all pointless. Just like Hogan vs. Savage was pointless because we knew Hogan was going to win. Just like Austin vs. Michaels was pointless because we knew Austin was going to win. What's the difference between those matches and this one? There have been plenty of predictable matches that were still entertaining and told a good story.

I've got no particular problem with this match per se, it's just there are as many as four other opponents for the Undertaker that I would have preferred. Sting, John Cena, Daniel Bryan, even Roman Reigns, I would have preferred either of these guys to have been Taker's opponent at WM30.

This was actually a dream match for me a few years ago, back when the idea of Lesnar returning seemed like a pipe dream. But then he returned & got jobbed out to Cena in the first month of his return & got mired in a heat killing feud with HHH that seemed to be nothing more than an ego trip for Hunter so that he could look like a bad-ass against Lesnar & steal some of his aura. Sure he made Trips tap at Slam, which should have been the end of it, but it culminated in HHH getting his win back at Mania, when Lesnar should have been using the heat of his win over HHH to make him look more like a threat going against Taker. Remember, last year Taker was at a nice, round 20-0, Lesnar going against him then, after clean wins over both Cena & HHH would've had me questioning whether this really was it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're finally getting this match & that Punk was willing to do the job to build Lesnar up for this one without needing to get his win back, but like you say, there were so many better options for Taker this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back